Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shroud

Default Shroud

Ok lets get the fireworks going.
    I would like to see that the cap for chest drops to be 20 as I see it is so easy now for levels 16-20 to get there gear when lvl25's basically carry them through the raid. I struggled long and hard to get what I have and now see people taking the easy road that at the end of the day does not work as so many now do not have enough cleansed items.
    A caster for 1 should be looking at 2 items (1 for hp and 1 for sp) and to get the second will need 20 runs to cleanse the first item, let alone all the ingrediants, and what can be better when you tr to be quite ubber at lvl11
    Lets stop this galloping off to be better when in fact you are not as you basically at the end of the day you let others down

Quote Originally Posted by DogMania View Post
    I struggled long and hard to get what I have and now see people taking the easy road
    Welcome to MMOs! This concept which you appear to be new to goes under titles such as "power creep" and "invalidating old content". Rest assured MMOs will continue to ensure that your hard-earned gear is not only no longer useful at end game but also taking up yet another of your valuable bank slots.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    Toy Soldiers

Quote Originally Posted by WruntJunior View Post
    As has been said the past dozen times someone has suggested having a maximum level for raids...no, it's a retarded idea. If I have to explain to you why being unable to run shroud at 25 for ingredients/shards is a bad idea (after most people doing so have been playing for YEARS)....you really shouldn't be suggesting anything.
    1) define years
    2) 100 runs and then tr'ing counts me as a noob?
    3) most lvl25 running shroud are not vets as they already have what they want so please tell me where you are coming from?

Quote Originally Posted by WruntJunior View Post
    As has been said the past dozen times someone has suggested having a maximum level for raids...no, it's a retarded idea. If I have to explain to you why being unable to run shroud at 25 for ingredients/shards is a bad idea (after most people doing so have been playing for YEARS)....you really shouldn't be suggesting anything.
    On contrary, I find that being able to repeat any quest is retarded idea in first place. Ingredients should come from explorer or some defend-vs-wave-of enemies quest, not from the raids with elaborated storyline.
    Being able to enter low level quest is OK by itself, but combined with farm its became a nonsense.

1) define years
    2) 100 runs and then tr'ing counts me as a noob?
    3) most lvl25 running shroud are not vets as they already have what they want so please tell me where you are coming from?
    1) A year is a period of time it takes our beloved Earth to come all the way around the sun. It's approximately 365 and 1/4 days long.
    2) Who said anything about any noobs? How is this even relevant to anything said in this thread?
    3) A better question would be: Where do your assumptions come from? There is no lack of veteran players running shroud at 24+ on Argonnessen. There is also no lack of BB Shroud runs. Even if situation is different on Khyber, why would preventing new, capped and possibly very well geared (if they're stomping Shroud with ease) players from gathering good TR gear be a good thing? They would have to run it 20 times per character anyway, to get all the goodies.

This threads only motivation is envy. You can always roll on all the shards and then NPC them, if that will give you enough sense of superiority.

Quote Originally Posted by Derailment View Post
    On contrary, I find that being able to repeat any quest is retarded idea in first place. Ingredients should come from explorer or some defend-vs-wave-of enemies quest, not from the raids with elaborated storyline.
    Being able to enter low level quest is OK by itself, but combined with farm its became a nonsense.
    You seem to have mistaken an MMO for a single player game.

Community Member

I would like to see that the cap for chest drops to be 20 as I see it is so easy now for levels 16-20 to get there gear when lvl25's basically carry them through the raid. I struggled long and hard to get what I have and now see people taking the easy road that at the end of the day does not work as so many now do not have enough cleansed items.
    A caster for 1 should be looking at 2 items (1 for hp and 1 for sp) and to get the second will need 20 runs to cleanse the first item, let alone all the ingrediants, and what can be better when you tr to be quite ubber at lvl11
    Lets stop this galloping off to be better when in fact you are not as you basically at the end of the day you let others down
    I don't see any logic behind this reasoning. The only thing you come up with is that people have been struggling in the past so now others should struggle as well. That just doesn't make sense and it would only lead to frustration. Why is it different than any other raids or quests that anyone would farm for that one item once your higher level? Or just like epic gear if you feel they are still worth it. It's the same circle repeating itself.

Also, there were even more Shrouds run back in the days and I pretty much remember those were still smooth runs regardless the time it took to complete. Now with what you propose, there would be just no more Shrouds being ran at all. People would have to hold for months at level 20 which also doesn't make sense.

You should at least make an effort to think about the outcome of such a bad decision for the game before even considering it could be a good idea. Because this idea is good for no one except your ego.
    Kal Vas Flam... Corp Por... Corp Por

...And then there was silence

I struggled long and hard to get what I have and now see people taking the easy road that at the end of the day does not work as so many now do not have enough cleansed items.
    Oh my god you poor soul you "..struggled long and hard.." for your Shroud items and now ppl have it easier and you complain?

I have not been here from the start but should now all ppl that were here earlier complain that they had to run GH at lvl 16 or such or complain about lost relics to Flag for reavers or whatever?

A game like this advances and why should you hinder ppl of a certain level to get stuff?

If you want ppl in your group to not take the "easy road", start your own lvl 25 only shroud or such so that newer players dont benefit from more advanced ones, but leave the mechanics alone.

As a side note someone posted along the line of ".. you should not be able to repeat a quest,blah,blah.."

Really!? This game has different settings, certain loot mechanics ,high XP requirements for 36pts builds and EDs etc so that it is a part of it that you can repeat them.
    I would say play a different game if you don't like repeating a quest.

Community Member

Shroud gear was never hard to get and still isn't because it's run often enough that new players can participate and even grind.

In general, people that are new to the game have a harder time getting some of the old raid gear because the quests are run much less frequently. Torc and Epic Sword of Shadow are two examples. Those raids are still run, but not nearly frequently as they used to be and they often are closed/private and/or short-manned.

You have a point, but creating a max level will only make it harder for new players to get some of the old gear. Why would Turbine want to do that and create a barrier for new players to enter and enjoy the game? There already appears to be too few new players in the game.
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    U25 Patch 1 Dex Halfling Assassin Build: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...x-Assassin-1-0
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (18 rogue 2 artificer mechanic - hope to go back to DC casting some day), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

poor puppy, want a cookie?

What exactly do to your "hard" earned shroud items that other peeps can have them too? It makes your conc op give less sp? Or your lit2 proc less? Did you planned to link your GS on General to brag about it? (lmao) Dont think so.. maybe stop trying to make others life miser and instead try make life better.

Quote Originally Posted by BruceTheHoon View Post
    You seem to have mistaken an MMO for a single player game.
    No I don't. Don't let bad practices and lazy designs used in MMO distort your common sense.

What you suggest would end up with Shroud pretty much disappearing from from LFMs and newer players having trouble crafting even 1 GS item. Now I play off-peak on Cannith, so this may not be a representative sample, but I've seen at level Shrouds fail to fill, perhaps partially because of BB concerns. And I've seen raids open to 25s fail to fill or take forever. If you limit drops to level 20, you exclude a large segment of the population. I would hate to look for a healer or 2 in that situation.

No. Just no. By this logic, all quests that existed before a level cap raise should have their chest loot capped. Further, any gear or abilities that are now available that were not available then should make the chest loot inaccessible. Similarly, any penalties that people suffered in the past should be imposed if you want loot. You could just as easily say, I worked long and hard for my Tempest Spine loot and then these ship buffs (or x other changes) appeared and suddenly people are able to blow through that quest much easier. So unfair!

Greensteel gear is useful, but not as overpowering as it once was. The only reason people still run it is to fill niches, get essences of cleansing, and for TRs. If you impose a cap of 20 on the quest all you succeeded in doing is make sure no one runs it as those benefits aren't so significant that I would want to have a character sit around at 20 doing absolutely nothing for months but farming the shroud because if I leveled up I would no longer be able to loot it. Turbine, fortunately, is smart enough to realize that decreasing reasons to run content is not in their interests as it makes the game effectively smaller.
    Kobold never forgive....kobold remember waterworks.

Quote Originally Posted by KookieKobold View Post
    i'll be putting a bug into our system.

1) define years
    6 or so years. Shroud was part of Module 6 which was released in 2007.
    Inferus Sus Thelanis; Primary Bodies:
    Adamantbody, Brassbody, Carbonbody, Ironbody, Uraniumbody
    Body Designer: Bodybuilder 20 Artificer

Quote Originally Posted by Derailment View Post
    No I don't. Don't let bad practices and lazy designs used in MMO distort your common sense.
    This has nothing to do with bad practices, or whatever you may subjectively call things you dislike, but about feasibility.

I would like to see that the cap for chest drops to be 20 as I see it is so easy now for levels 16-20 to get there gear when lvl25's basically carry them through the raid.
    Actually, let's just limit the level to the level of the quest at it's difficulty. Shroud is level 19 on elite, so level 19 is max where you should still be getting rewards when in on elite. Do this for all quests, of course. No more of these easy mode normal level 25 CitW. If you want your items, you'll run it on elite.

Yes us long time runners of shroud which probably have enough small, medium ingredients in our pack to make any number of Tier 1 and Tier 2 recipes if not Tier 3 at any time, suffered greatly since the 2007 release...

1. Through Part 4 Lag
    2. Through Arraetrikos standing still facing only one direction
    3. Through Massive Lag which was solved by the TWF off hand attack rate changes {sarcasm}
    4. Alters now being available on Guild ships and ingredients found in other quests/DDO store so one could actually make a GS item without ever standing foot in Shroud.
    5. Through more lag
    6. Through blades that could chew up an entire party

Yep we suffered alright...

Look, quests/raids when they come out are difficult at first but as you gain both knowledge and power they become easier. I'm surprised that Chronoscope hasn't entered in as this is so commonly run by levels 6 to 20 for loot prior to Epic Levels and even today I've seen it run with 25s on heroic to help people get gear and that is a level 8 on Elite Raid.

I'm sorry you feel entitled, but I don't agree with you in the least bit.

Community Member

I admit, for the most part, I have no idea what you're saying. I know all the words, but the order seems all wrong. But this, I understand:
    I struggled long and hard to get what I have
    You could have just said "Hey you kids! Git offa mah lawn!" Which seems to the be gist of it.

Quote Originally Posted by FalseFlag View Post
    I admit, for the most part, I have no idea what you're saying. I know all the words, but the order seems all wrong. But this, I understand:

You could have just said "Hey you kids! Git offa mah lawn!" Which seems to the be gist of it.
    Looollll..... exactly this....

I don't get that's the big deal of carrying the kids.

WHO CARES?!?!?

Elite Shroud is so easy after ED introduction.... if you have a 25 you should be able to do it in your sleep.....

I mean.... it's still hard for the little newbies. And I love to see them squirm in their first shroud (when I'm running for first timers anyways).....

hehehe.. AHAHHAHHA Mmm....

It's humbling for them. Most new players think they're so "GODLY" after completing rainbow in the dark and the likes of those quests. And, when they find / use a "hot" new rand gen gear.

It's just fun when reality slaps them in the face.

Yeah... moral of the story? Window mode ddo and watch "Game of thrones" so you're not bored when you shroud.
    Last edited by DynaTheCat; 05-24-2013 at 02:02 PM.

I would like to see that the cap for chest drops to be 20 as I see it is so easy now for levels 16-20 to get there gear when lvl25's basically carry them through the raid.
    Great. Then somehow compensate these people for the XP they lost because no one will join a Shroud at level.

I've seen manybe a handful or Shroud runs at level for XP over the last couple of years. For the most, they are open from 16 to 25, and any toon that goes into one knows they are only doing it for the mats.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast