Default Allow non cosmetic armor, robes, outfits, docents to be used in the cosmetic slot.

Since we now have the implementation of a new cosmetic slot for armor, robes, docents, etc. I think it would be a good idea to be able to use loot gen and named item armor, robes, and outfits, docents to be used in that slot to change the appearance of one currently being worn.

Ex: Wearing Regalia of the Phoenix, slot in the cosmetic slot black dragon armor hide for its appearance.
    Orien- Kelerak(completionist)/Cetus, Keleryn/Zeus, Kertha/Ice Bard, Kelerah/Barbarian
    ]

This would be very much like other MMOs systems, where we can actually apply any kind of armor/clothing to any other kind of armor/clothing, and the change is permanent (no need to dual slotting).

Would be very nice in DDO, as I remember to have a few nice and simple white robes for my sorc that turned obsolete long before I crafted my own DT outfit or loot any other good-speccd robes/outfits (but that look awfull to me).

+1
    [Ghallanda]
    [Nemessi sorcerer][Helenya cleric][Riita cleric][Myrhea artificer][Shunrei monk][Sverlana rogue][Lillyannn paladin]

Indeed. I'm loathe to complain, but I made the mistake of thinking this was at least partially how it was going to work.

I'd thought it was going to be EQ2-esque. Shame on me for lack of comprehension I spose. Was the only thing that had me excited about the update.

Main: 18 Artificer, Thelanis

Community Member

This is a terrible idea . Do you realize how badly they would break the game trying to implement this? Plus, it would cut down on the sale of cosmetics to cover up the (I'm starting to think intentionally designed) ugly armor.

I would like to sign it, but I think it would be catastrophic if they tried, and I honestly believe there is no way it will happen.

Some lootgen armors and outfits are really nice. I like white simple robes, and I really like the Bloodplate Armor (not lootgen, but it drops sometimes and its a regular non bound armor). I would happilly wear these as cosmetic items, instead of many armor kits.

Some others tough, are plain terrible... I was scared when I saw my female elf cleric with that named heavy plate that drops in Deleras chain end reward...
    [Ghallanda]
    [Nemessi sorcerer][Helenya cleric][Riita cleric][Myrhea artificer][Shunrei monk][Sverlana rogue][Lillyannn paladin]

2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Kerthyn View Post
    Allow non cosmetic armor, robes, outfits, docents to be used in the cosmetic slot.
    /signed

For some reason, I assumed this was going to be how it would work. I don't see much point in it as it stands.

I really wanted to finally be able to put my (now obsolete) Red Dragon armor to SOME use, as it does at least look nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerthyn View Post
    Since we now have the implementation of a new cosmetic slot for armor, robes, docents, etc. I think it would be a good idea to be able to use loot gen and named item armor, robes, and outfits, docents to be used in that slot to change the appearance of one currently being worn.

Ex: Wearing Regalia of the Phoenix, slot in the cosmetic slot black dragon armor hide for its appearance.
    I hear you, actually i thought simillar things while in game, on the logical side though - they make money from cosmetic armors, if they opened the cosmetics slots up to regular gear they would loose money as the store ones get used less
    Completionist clonk on argonnessen.

Quote Originally Posted by Superhanns View Post
    I hear you, actually i thought simillar things while in game, on the logical side though - they make money from cosmetic armors, if they opened the cosmetics slots up to regular gear they would loose money as the store ones get used less
    True - but they could also make a DDO store item that would have the function we're looking for... put said hypothetical item into the Stone of Change with the armor/outfit/etc that you want to make cosmetic, and voila!
    UDR Loot Rules:
    1) No griefing people for pulling loot that dropped in their name
    2) When rolling, classes for which the item is "useful" get +10 to the roll
    example: Wiz and Barb both roll on a Torc, the barb saying "I'm TRing into an arcane next week"
    Wiz gets +10 on his roll