Default Forum/Web Site Update: May 23rd

At this time, we have deployed an update to our web infrastructure that should resolve time-out and authentication errors. Additionally the dev tracker has returned! Click here for the dev tracker. Several style issues have been resolved as well.

Players who are still running into a Turbine Maintenance page when attempting to view the websites should ensure they are viewing the site with the most recent version of Internet Explorer or Firefox. This maintenance page can also result from modifications to your host file, so ensure that you remove any host file changes that may have been changed from DNS issues previously. In almost all recent cases, we've traced the "maintenance page" issue back to an out of date host file setting, so please spread the word to your friends about this issue if they are regularly seeing a maintenance page!

While we have repaired many users' forum accounts, we are aware of some accounts that still need to be manually repaired by our engineers. We continue to work on these accounts to restore their posting history. If you already have a ticket submitted you do not need to take any further actions unless specifically instructed to do so by the support team. However, if you have not yet submitted a ticket to us, please consider doing so. This can be done by going to support.turbine.com, then clicking on "Support Center" and then "Submit a Ticket." Send it to Community/Forum Support.

You will also find a couple of new links at the top of the forums: Dev Tracker, Game Download and Bug Report. The Game Download takes you straight to the download page for the game client, and the Bug Report link takes you straight to the online bug submission page.

---------------------------------------

As a special thank you to our players for their patience during our website work, we would like to offer our community a gift of XP! Use coupon code 4UMSXP for 1 Sovereign I Experience Elixir (a +50% XP Bonus good for three hours), 1 per account!
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Thanks!

It has been rough here...and many of us...especially me...have been vocal about the site upgrade. I hope the community comes back...with less drama.

Thanks again.

T.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    At this time, we have deployed an update to our web infrastructure that should resolve time-out and authentication errors. Additionally the dev tracker has returned! Click here for the dev tracker. Several style issues have been resolved as well.

Players who are still running into a Turbine Maintenance page when attempting to view the websites should ensure they are viewing the site with the most recent version of Internet Explorer or Firefox. This maintenance page can also result from modifications to your host file, so ensure that you remove any host file changes that may have been changed from DNS issues previously. In almost all recent cases, we've traced the "maintenance page" issue back to an out of date host file setting, so please spread the word to your friends about this issue if they are regularly seeing a maintenance page!

While we have repaired many users' forum accounts, we are aware of some accounts that still need to be manually repaired by our engineers. We continue to work on these accounts to restore their posting history. If you already have a ticket submitted you do not need to take any further actions unless specifically instructed to do so by the support team. However, if you have not yet submitted a ticket to us, please consider doing so. This can be done by going to support.turbine.com, then clicking on "Support Center" and then "Submit a Ticket." Send it to Community/Forum Support.

You will also find a couple of new links at the top of the forums: Dev Tracker, Game Download and Bug Report. The Game Download takes you straight to the download page for the game client, and the Bug Report link takes you straight to the online bug submission page.

As a special thank you to our players for their patience during our website work, we would like to offer our community a gift of XP! Use coupon code 4UMSXP for 1 Sovereign I Experience Elixir (a +50% XP Bonus good for three hours), 1 per account!

Default forums

I'm happy to see this. Definately a step in the right direction! Thanks and I hope this goes well. I can't wait to see my Forum Name and everything else I lost return!!!
    Formerly known as Battlehawke until 5/9/2013 when a great storm came through (several weeks after the forum changes btw) and "Poof" Everything went away. ......Thanks Turbine....

Many thanks!
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Thank you.

And not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but out of curiosity... Why doesn't it stack with the 5 from the legendary pack?

Thanks for the update Cordovan

And thank you for getting stuck-in over the past couple of days, responding to quite a few threads and keeping folks in the loop.

I echo the wish that we can move forward and iron-out some more forum wrinkles over the next couple of months.
    Quote Originally Posted by 404error View Post
    there will always be bugs in DDO it will never be bug free at any point in its lifetime.

Sorry for the bad news but I am still getting logged out at about 5-10 min of browsing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Philam View Post
    I nominate you as head developer of DDO!
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    That tears it. I need to get a donkey.
    Concentrated power is the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

Whatever you guys did in the update, it finally worked things out for me. I'm back happily trolling...er...contributing to threads. Yeah! Thanks for plugging away at it.
    Thelanis:
    Retired Leader of The Ministry of Destruction
    Retired Player of DDO
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuffmann View Post
    Let me concede and bow to your far superior social graces.....

Finally able to log in to the forums here again.

Now just need to find my torch and pitchfork!

I am still being logged out.
    Scoobmx Scoobshot Arcscoob Beefscoob : Imperial Assassins : Argonnessen
    My Builds : Abbot Raid Manual : Weapon Damage Modeler : My Trades

For folks who are still being logged out (and are not idle for a long period of time), it may be worth clearing your browser's cache.
    Join us on Twitch!

Quote Originally Posted by anto_capone View Post
    Finally able to log in to the forums here again.

Now just need to find my torch and pitchfork!
    Same here, thank you
    The Ashen, Riedra (now Khyber) ~ Raika halfling rog20 ~ Carolanne human brd20 ~ Coriza drow wiz20 ~ Alexandra elf rgr20 ~ Samara human ftr20 ~ Zaretta human clr20 ~ Katina elf brb20 ~ Carelle human pal20 ~ Nathalya halfling mnk20 ~ Rosanna elf fvs20 ~ Venusia halfling ftr20 ~ Kristina human sor20 ~ Nausikaa halfling rog13 ~ Carietta halfling rog1/rgr9/mnk1

For folks who are still being logged out (and are not idle for a long period of time), it may be worth clearing your browser's cache.
    This didn't work for me. How long can you be idle for?
    Scoobmx Scoobshot Arcscoob Beefscoob : Imperial Assassins : Argonnessen
    My Builds : Abbot Raid Manual : Weapon Damage Modeler : My Trades

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

I have yet to ever receive a thread update notification email from the new forums. I'm subscribed to several recent threads, but never get any notification emails. Does anyone else get any?

Probably related to the issue others have mentioned of the forum marking all threads as read every few minutes (a problem which existed for me in the old forum too).
    Author of Info Blue UI Skin (Really wish Turbine would update the skinning interface and enable all the new UI parts.)
    If you don't have an SSD, you should be using DDOPreload (fixes the slow first login issue)

Community Member
    3rd star from the left, and on til morning...

Please forward my deepest thanks to whoever got the Dev Tracker up and for pushing it out as fast as possible...that's an invaluable feature and I used to rely on it heavily (and will again.)

I saw the Dev Tracker option appear on the web site and using it I noticed the announcement of the Dev Tracker (and other things) right away - might not have seen them so easily without it!

Community Member

Question Can we get an update

<snip>

I submitted my request to get my original forum name back a month ago (on 4/29). I received an email from support on 5/17 stating that my forum name had been forwarded to the web engineers for repair, and that I would be notified when it was fixed. I haven't heard anything since. It's been 11 days since that last email and I'm wondering if my request got lost?

Can I get an update/ETA on this?

Quote Originally Posted by ~SPMaverick View Post
    I submitted my request to get my original forum name back a month ago (on 4/29). I received an email from support on 5/17 stating that my forum name had been forwarded to the web engineers for repair, and that I would be notified when it was fixed. I haven't heard anything since. It's been 11 days since that last email and I'm wondering if my request got lost?

Can I get an update/ETA on this?
    Your request has not been lost. I am not aware of the status of your particular request, but I do know that these requests are being handled one at a time as it's a manual fix. So, it may take a bit longer than is ideal to get everyone fixed. That said, I know they are being worked on, as I saw a list of names that were manually re-associated this morning in an email thread.
    Join us on Twitch!

Your request has not been lost. I am not aware of the status of your particular request, but I do know that these requests are being handled one at a time as it's a manual fix. So, it may take a bit longer than is ideal to get everyone fixed. That said, I know they are being worked on, as I saw a list of names that were manually re-associated this morning in an email thread.
    We were told not to submit additional reports so I haven't but it's been nearly 2 months since the forum change, and one month since the quoted post, and I still can't get my original account back.

So... any chance of an update on this?

Is the process still ongoing?
    Main Forum Account Status: Being Fixed!