Community Member

Default Another new bug? Melee and Archers Focus

Yesterday I noticed something, not sure if its a new bug and not sure how reproduceable it is...

I have AF turned on my Tempest Ranger. The icon doesnt show until I actually fire a shot off with my bow, but once its active, melee attacks were giving me stacks of AF.

While that's awesome to basically have +30% ranged damage running all the time for when I pull out a Manyshot burst, I wonder if its actually WAI, or if others are seeing the same behavior...

Is it giving the damage to melee? It'd be interesting to see, considering it's giving stacks.
    Eternal Infinity: Wruntjunior ~ DI Sorc // Youngwrunt ~ Survivalist Paladin // Wruntarrow ~ Monkcher // Wruntsonmonk ~ Wis-Based Monk

Community Member

Yes, just tested it, it seems to be boosting melee damage. Switched Archer's Focus on, fired a few shots to start off the stacks, then switched to melee and every swing gave me another stack. The damage seemed to go up. In fact even after I turned Archer's Focus off, hitting dummy with melee weapons still continued giving me stacks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kmnh View Post
    I have a policy of not drinking anything that gets blocked by the wordfilter.
    T: Micron, Eversmile, Vs, Kreea, Reckluse | G: Wychcraft, Chuckling

Community Member

Heh! I didnt think about that, good catch

Considering the other thread on AF, how it breaks on movement and Manyshot now, just wow...another slap in the face to ranged builds, I guess they really want us to melee!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post

Considering the other thread on AF, how it breaks on movement and Manyshot now, just wow...another slap in the face to ranged builds, I guess they really want us to melee!
    It's not a slap in the face of ranged builds, it's quite obviously a silly bug so don't get too excited, it won't last long.

(Or maybe you realize that and I just failed a sarcasm check)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kmnh View Post
    I have a policy of not drinking anything that gets blocked by the wordfilter.
    T: Micron, Eversmile, Vs, Kreea, Reckluse | G: Wychcraft, Chuckling

Oh, come on. This is really, really obviously not WAI.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Micron View Post
    It's not a slap in the face of ranged builds, it's quite obviously a silly bug so don't get too excited, it won't last long.

(Or maybe you realize that and I just failed a sarcasm check)
    Well maybe a facetiousness check...yes, from the thread title I think its clear I know its a bug

Given the perception that Turbine has made pure ranged builds less and less viable (FotW monkcher being the sole exception), I guess its more of an "insult to injury" scenario: the injury is that, of all the bugs to fix, they moved that one up to the top of the list, when it wasn't game breaking and actually made ranged builds somewhat more playable; the insult is that, in ending the benefit to ranged builds, they inadvertently extended it to melee

"Archers Focus" has essentially become "Master's Blitz Lite"...

Given the perception that Turbine has made pure ranged builds less and less viable (FotW monkcher being the sole exception), I guess its more of an "insult to injury" scenario: the injury is that, of all the bugs to fix, they moved that one up to the top of the list, when it wasn't game breaking and actually made ranged builds somewhat more playable; the insult is that, in ending the benefit to ranged builds, they inadvertently extended it to melee
    Actually, if you do it right, it's bugged in another way that makes ranged better than before the "fix", granted that you also have IPS.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZeebaNeighba View Post
    Actually, if you do it right, it's bugged in another way that makes ranged better than before the "fix", granted that you also have IPS.
    Oh, is it not exclusive with IPS anymore? So you could get a paralyzer, pin down a whole pack, and then stack up AF at your leisure?

Community Member

Bit of a necro, but same topic.

Seems the bug goes a bit further than Archer's Focus working in melee and with IPS. I'm finding stacks don't reset even while moving, so long as you're hitting targets. As such, I'm hopping about like a caffeinated rabbit with IPS and Archer's Focus sitting at 15 stacks.

Not complaining, though. A constant +30% is a nice boost to damage.
    The threadkiller has spoken.