Default Teamwork XP Bonus

How about a giving 2% Teamwork quest XP bonus for each player in the party. This would promote more group playing and LFM activity.
    Sarlona
    Gutter-Oowaoonah-Ute-Mauhl-Rockroll-Gutsack-Talrasha

Community Member

Not sure 2% is enough to give me the incentive to multi-box some piking toons or not.

Also not sure 2% is enough to offset losing the 10% bonus for no deaths. Heck, I tend to kick the hirelings from my group just because they usually cost me 5%.
    Tajawuka 20 Bladeforged Paladin running divine ETR's (3 ranger/monk/fighter pl's, 3 martial epl's) - Toolbots working on Morninglord Cleric life #2 (3 wizard/sorc/druid pl) - Evisra 28 rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrok View Post
    Not sure 2% is enough to give me the incentive to multi-box some piking toons or not.
    Good. piking toons is not the goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrok View Post
    Also not sure 2% is enough to offset losing the 10% bonus for no deaths. Heck, I tend to kick the hirelings from my group just because they usually cost me 5%.
    If everyone in a full group dies except you, you would get 10% teamwork bonus, so it is a wash....
    Sarlona

Community Member

A wash isn't a wash though as adding people that don't carry their weight makes the run slower due to scaling.

The incentives to group are just fine in the current game. There's the social aspect as well as the fact that grouping with skilled players make the runs faster even when you take scaling into account. But 2% isn't high enough for me to bother dual-boxing nor is it enough to make me add someone that may not carry their weight when my only concern is xp.

Before people go off on this as elitist...there are plenty of times I post groups. I take the first people that hit up the group, if someone dies I don't get upset, and I could care less whether the people that join carry their weight. But when I do that it's because I'm looking to be social - not because it's more effective. I think your goal is to make it more effective to group with a random group of 5 other people from an experience standpoint. I'm just saying it would take quite a bit more than 2% to accomplish that goal. I'd say you'd have to just about double the bonus...maybe even triple it...to make the xp I get higher than either soloing or short-man'ing with people I know can help speed up completions - again, not due to the players themselves but due to the mechanics of scaling in the game.
    Last edited by Darkrok; 05-23-2013 at 04:31 PM. Reason: clarification in first paragraph
    Tajawuka 20 Bladeforged Paladin running divine ETR's (3 ranger/monk/fighter pl's, 3 martial epl's) - Toolbots working on Morninglord Cleric life #2 (3 wizard/sorc/druid pl) - Evisra 28 rogue

Sure, sounds good to me! Though I would prefer to see this as a flat 10% bonus if you have 4 or more people in the group. 4 people is a good sized party and it would prevent people from waiting for 6 people before starting a quest.
    The best part of the 10th Anniversary of DDO...the description on the Oatmeal Raisin Kookie,
    "From a distance you thought this was a chocolate chip kookie. Now you're sad."

Thumbs up Some thoughts:

Quote Originally Posted by xberto View Post
    How about a giving 2% Teamwork quest XP bonus for each player in the party. This would promote more group playing and LFM activity.
    This is a nice idea actually. some thoughts to go along with it:

-Hirelings don't counts. Hirelings aren't real people.

-Use the mechanic for the 'late entry penalty' to help determine if the player adds their 2%. If they have even the first tier of lateness, then they don't count. This would discourage people from soloing the whole things for easy mobs, then getting a full party just before completion.

-Building on Ralmeth's suggestion, cap the bonus at 10%; 5 or 6 people in the party = 10%

-Don't apply this bonus to raids as they often need the full party anyway; this point is debatable.
    • Zig Zag to avoid arrows, Fireballs, Fireball-tipped arrow, and arrow-tipped Fireballs.
    • That's not lag, it's just DDO trying to become turn-based again.
    • Kobold still hate you.

10% bonus for full party (6 ppls) without hirelings entered to the quest in the first 5 minutes (behaviour similar to public LFMs timers, they start after killing the first monster or breakable) - raids excluded

Thelanis: Shewind the Airbender (Sorc20/Epic5 -> Bard20/Epic8 -> Rog20/Epic8/Epic2 -> Harper_FvS20/Epic4 -> Art20/Epic8/Epic8 -> Rng20/Epic10 -> Drd6),
    Azaxe (Rog18/Wiz2 -> Sorc20/Epic8/Epic10->Sorc(EK)17)

Actually that is pretty good idea. I would go as high as 4%with max of 20.

a couple years ago we already had enough reason to try and fill groups without needing incentives. today, with how much the game has gotten easier, 2% xp isn't nearly enough to draw a full group together when players can just solo if they worry about not getting their 10% xp bonus. vip xp is not even noticeable to me. im all for bringing back grouping, but I don't think the attention should be incentives to lure people.
    Qhualor, the P2W ranter.

So..... We have had a few "buddy weekends" How about implementing a permanent system. It really does seem to promote LFMs and team gameplay.
    Sarlona