Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raithe View Post
    I don't get it.
    We know you don't get it, but it's really adorable that you keep trying to use words when you clearly have no idea what they mean. Keep at it little trooper, and one day, the grown ups will listen to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keltarrin View Post
    *slow clap* Well said. Balance is boring. I play Rifts, the Palladium Books pen and paper RPG where a perfectly normal human scholar can be in a party alongside a Godling and a Cosmo-Knight, each of which can tear apart a main battle tank with his bare hands and that scholar has no problems making an impact on the game if played well..
    This, OTOH, is chock full of ignorance as well, and description of a RIFTS game that is just not accurate. But then, I wouldn't expect much understanding from someone who actually thinks a Scholar and a Cosmo-Knight can work well together. That's standard Palladium phrasing that means "I don't have any clue what balance means or accomplishes."

Quote Originally Posted by FalseFlag View Post
    We know you don't get it, but it's really adorable that you keep trying to use words when you clearly have no idea what they mean. Keep at it little trooper, and one day, the grown ups will listen to you.

This, OTOH, is chock full of ignorance as well, and description of a RIFTS game that is just not accurate. But then, I wouldn't expect much understanding from someone who actually thinks a Scholar and a Cosmo-Knight can work well together. That's standard Palladium phrasing that means "I don't have any clue what balance means or accomplishes."
    Well that's funny since I've seen it happen. You calling me a liar, maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Ironclans_evil_twin View Post
    Balance at it's heart is a lack of "standing out" or no feeling of power in characters, and these games are not about Milquetoast characters that have trivial abilities and can barely effect their environment. I've played "balanced" MMO's... they really suck.... the "power" is handed out in paltry demoralizing drips and drabs. They give out the equivalent of +0.01 extra damage when you level... so your feeling of progress is non-existent but you don't gain an "advantage" over other classes, because the only possible advantages are triffling small. Your characters feel like commoners for most of their life span, being killed by mundain s*** like Slimes and Rabbits. Balance is my Wizard doing the exact same damage at the same ranges as your Ranger, and someone elses Fighter, only with different colored sparkles when they hit. Balance is rock paper scissors game play. Shallow, and unrewarding. No standouts by definition because the raised nail gets the hammer, until all the nails are exactly the same with only visual differences that can not satisfy a discerning veteran gamer.

Balance is a false paradigm that is only touted by people who haven't yet thought through the logical consequences of what "perfectly balanced" implies to realize "balanced" is really:

Luke warm
    Vanilla
    even
    grey
    meh
    average
    plain
    fair
    oh hum
    so-so

If you want Vanilla there are plenty of shallow MMO's that will give you rock paper scissors until you're bored of it within a few weeks.
    Ironclans rocks. It's nice to know some people get it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12