Community Member

Default What skill did you boost

What skill did you (or do you plan) to use the skill tome(s) on (and what class is the toon)? Is it a class skill for the toon?

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by beta1 View Post
    What skill did you (or do you plan) to use the skill tome(s) on (and what class is the toon)? Is it a class skill for the toon?
    I boosted my rogue's open lock (To make it easier to get the handful of really high DC locks out there), search and disable device.

I boosted my Paladin's intimidate, balance, and heal (Anticipating when they change that skill to effect healing spell power)

My sorc is probably going to avoid turning it in unitl the spellpower skill becomes available.

Community Member

On my bard, monk, cleric, druid, and wizard, I chose Concentration (a class skill for all). On my rogue, I chose Spot (again, a class skill).

I have not yet logged onto my: barbarian, ranger, artificer, fighter(12)/monk(7)/rogue(1), fighter, or rogue(13)/monk(6)/fighter(1). I am waiting to see how the enhancement pass breaks them on me and then I will decide what to do with them.

I boosted my ability to not buy expansion packs when my favorite character is screwed over by massive bugs. >_>
    Eternal Infinity: Wruntjunior ~ DI Sorc // Youngwrunt ~ Survivalist Paladin // Wruntarrow ~ Monkcher // Wruntsonmonk ~ Wis-Based Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    My sorc is probably going to avoid turning it in unitl the spellpower skill becomes available.
    Same for any caster I have since it does say ANY skill except UMD.

Community Member

I get the feeling that its only really going to be useful for DC-check skills (ie Balance and Conc defensively, Intim/Diplo/Bluff offensively) and for the new Heal/Repair/Spellpower.

Any utility skills (Open Lock, DD, etc.) you're going to probably already have enough swap gear to meet the required value, since its not a dice-roll. Unless they put in new quests that require a fully geared endgame utility character to have +tomes to meet the check ><

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    I get the feeling that its only really going to be useful for DC-check skills (ie Balance and Conc defensively, Intim/Diplo/Bluff offensively) and for the new Heal/Repair/Spellpower.

Any utility skills (Open Lock, DD, etc.) you're going to probably already have enough swap gear to meet the required value, since its not a dice-roll. Unless they put in new quests that require a fully geared endgame utility character to have +tomes to meet the check ><
    I could see that being true. I know on my rogue I have enough disable device and open lock for anything in the game. (Also, I just remembered I actually went Move Silently on my rogue instead of Spot. He now has 84 Hide and 84 Move Silently. I will worry about getting a different tome for Spot maybe in the future.) On my characters that use Bluff and Diplomacy, their skills are already sufficient. Most of the rest of the skills I don't really care about on any of my characters because they are already sufficient given the points I have invested.

my Multiclass Rogue splashes will benefit from a bit more skill in disable and other rogue skills.

My Bard will get a bit more Perform.

My fighter a bit more intim and balance.

my pure rogue, not sure. Hard to imagine his rogue skills needing to be any higher then they are.
    Kill'em all and let their favorite deity sort'em out
    Quote from a shroud run "I am an idiot, not a newb"

Quote Originally Posted by beta1 View Post
    Shintao Monk: +3 Concentration, +3 Heal, +2 Balance
    12 Monk/6 Ranger/2 Fighter: Same as Shintao Monk as he may become a Ranger again at some point.
    Assassin Rogue: +3 Search, +3 Disable Device, +2 Open Lock
    Artificer: Holding out for Spellcraft.
    Things that if Turbine went all EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on, would actually make the game fun again.:
    • Giving us the racial PrE’s we were promised, before rolling out DDOStore™ Enhancement Trees.
    • Fixing physical defense for Rangers and Rogues. It’s ridiculous that you’re better off wearing Heavy Armor and ignoring your innate feats on these classes.
    • Cannith Crafting.
    • Update the named loot to put them on the same system.
    • Fixing the Cannith Challenges so that they can be 6 starred without incredible luck or store bought items.
    • Fixing all challenges to give us decent XP and ingredient returns for the unreasonable time we have to spend in most of them.

Community Member

I have 2 main toons. Both are on a TR train. Therefore I don't worry about end game stat and much more about what will help most while leveling up.

1st is a melee
    A lot of melee lifes are planned for this toon. In most cases I will split in 1-2 levels of rogue.

+3 Search
    +3 Disable Device
    +2 ??? That's the big question. As of now I consider these options:
    - Concentration, because next 2 lifes will be Monk
    - Perform, because also a Bard life is planned
    - Balance, because it will help allways

2nd is a divine caster
    Some more caster lifes are planned.
    +3 Concentration
    +3 ???
    +2 ???

Maybe I wait until I know more about the enhancement changes.
    If the heal skill becomes more important, then I will take a +3 for heal.

rogue: open lock, disable device +3 search +2
    monk: heal, concentration +3 balance +2
    wizard: waiting for spellcraft..thinking about heal(am a palemaster), spellcraft and concentraction
    cleric: haven't decide yet... perhaps same as monk..
    druid: same as monk..

Community Member

I am saving mine until after the enhancement pass. Goodbye bank spaces.
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    U25 Patch 1 Dex Halfling Assassin Build: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...x-Assassin-1-0
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (18 rogue 2 artificer mechanic - hope to go back to DC casting some day), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

I remember reading that if you use the Skill Tome on tumble you have it on lives even if you do not have skill points in it. Has anyone tried this yet? If it works them would the same hold true for Open Locks, Disarm, etc?