Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by HAL View Post
    Is this affecting Rest Shrine use as well? I don't know how many times I forget my SP item and interrupt the Rest to switch it in.
    Doesn't look it. Interrupting before you finish sitting down gets the "Interrupted" message. Moving after you sit down gets the "Rested" message, but nothing happens; you don't get SP and the shrine doesn't go on timer.

Also works on ship buff shrines, but you need to let it go to about 1/4th before stepping away.

Gotta wonder when Servants of the Overlord will get closed because of this.

This is why we can't have nice things...

Sorry you are having premature completion issues...

Avoid it in Tomb of the Immortal as well.

/sigh
    "The lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves." Niccolò Machiavelli
    Thelanis: Arbix Completionist (23rd Life), ArbySoul, ArbyBarb, ArbyPriest, Arbificer etc.

Quote Originally Posted by hutoth View Post
    might be a bit of a "fight club" report, and maybe it's already been reported somewhere...

...since the update, if i start to search or disarm and then move or swap gear etc. To cancel the action, the game makes the roll immediately, instantly completing the search/ dd action without having to wait for the animation and progress bar to complete.

So... If it's a "feature" what's your bet on the time frame to fix this? Years? Months? Days? Hours?

Or is this wai?

=====================
    update

*looks like this applies to nearly anything that has a progress bar (e.g. Recalling, opening chests, opening doors, flicking switches etc.)

*requires the progress bar to be a small way through to work - approx 1/4. Cancelling very very early seems to work as it used to (i.e. The action stops).

*psa: If flicking a switch is a quest objective, using this trick will bork it - the switch will be activated, but the objective will not be fulfilled. E.g. Use this on one of the runes in xorian cipher and the portal will close, but the count of the number of portals left to close on the optional will not go down and that optional will not longer be completable.

*psa 2: Being interrupted by getting damaged while performing an action with a progress bar will have the effects described above (i.e. Action completes immediately & if quest objective, you're screwed)
    wai

Community Member

Find a way to exploit it to be beneficial to players then publicize it on the forums. This way the bug will get fixed quickly. If it only has a negative impact don't hold your breath waiting. Pessimistic, I know, but its based on years of experience. ;-p

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by BOgre View Post
    Gotta wonder when Servants of the Overlord will get closed because of this.
    Ah yes, the optional. Doubt turbine will care much about that now the extra epic token has been removed.

Community Member

On premature moving:
    Summoning a hireling = completes bar, but summoning cancelled
    Summoning arti iron defender = success

And again, looks like things cancel if you're in the initial non-idling part of the animation. If you're into the looping end of the animation it completes the bar, but not always what you were doing.

Community Member

Oooh! Oooh! OOOH!

Left-Alt actually interrupted and canceled a recall, a logout and a /death. Haven't tested it on anything else yet, but there's a possible work-around if you actually want to cancel a progress bar.

IBTL

I would edit your OP and remove all references to the "feature" in question as the devs are likely to consider this an exploit. This is an old bug which has resurfaced. Bug report it. I am certain they are aware of it. At some times it is convenient. At other times it is not. Personally I would prefer it be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by LupusVai View Post
    Ah yes, the optional. Doubt turbine will care much about that now the extra epic token has been removed.
    I doubt many will even do that optional now lol.

Community Member

Left-Alt also gives the interrupt message for resting, although that wasn't really completing before.

An odd side-effect of using left-alt to cancel is that you have to move before you can do the canceled action again, apparently. Interrupting a rest left me sitting on the ground and unable to use the shrine until I stood up again. Interrupting a recall made subsequent attempts to recall do nothing, not even th progress bar, until I moved.

ETA: So moving cancels the animation of a progress bar, and auto-completes the bar, with varying degrees of completing the action. While left-alt cancels the bar and the action, but leaves the animation alone for non-Artificers.
    Last edited by Frotz; 05-27-2013 at 12:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    In another thread someone was mentioning that trying to cancel the action during a recall would result in immediately recalling. I'm guessing there's some sort of error that is causing actions to execute immediately when they would normally be canceled. This could use some more testing with other abilities that can normally be interrupted.
    I haven't noticed it with gear swapping, but definitely with search and disarm and leaving a quest. It's nice that doesn't take as long and I have yet to pop a box. I'm sure my luck will run out with that soon enough though...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnbeimnech View Post
    Also works on ship buff shrines, but you need to let it go to about 1/4th before stepping away.
    I belive that you can't auto compleate right away because of the lag between you starting the action on your PC and the action starting on the game servers EG if you cancle the action too soon other players won't even see that you started it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12