Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleTimb View Post
    Well, in the four months since this thread was posted I see two fixes that have occurred. Radiance Lore can now be found on weapons, and the dialog box for leaving a guild airship no longer persists after you've left the ship.
    Thanks, updated the list to remove these.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleTimb View Post
    My own personal 'quality of life' change: When an item is returned after an auction expires, include in the message the player's bid and buyout prices.
    Added.

Default Ability to see who is in undead form

Though not a quality of life fix I would love the ability to see who is in undead form so I do not waste time trying to heal them. Perhaps a colour change on their bar.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sarlona Server - Blime | Darkgeddy | Youburn | Northernboy | Lakeside | Toasthead

Leader of The Wulfepack - "If you call one wolf, you invite the Pack"
    Visit http://thewulfepack.webs.com/

Earth and and full time at work: I move 400 lb stainless steel Refrigerators with ease!

Half-orcs getting a clap and a laugh would be good for better emersion.

I Went to a half-orc only party last night and we celebrated. We looked like a bunch of mimes! Clapping and laughing but not really doing it. Almost putting out hands together but flinching at the last second so no sound was made and when Garther the Clumsy tripped over himself we all laughed but to our surprise, we were born without voice boxes!

Tough half-orcs who are silent. Not so quality of life in my opinion and this is a bug about 3 or 4 years old now.

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

One Major issue DDO has is we have like 50 half-completed crafting systems. I'd say create a proper crafting system and any quest, raid or w/e that currently has a crafting system have grant "recipes or blueprints" for the crafting system instead (ie. Cannith Challenges each challenge has chest for each star obtained with a decent chance of a recipe dropping like a mournlode maul recipe)

Now for the actual crafting system. The way I see it, players should have to choose a "school" of crafting it promotes trade and your more likely to actually get the relevant recipes you need. Crafting is entirely based around Essences, Dragonshards and collectables. NPC collecters are now vendors who sell their stock for plat.

First I'd take "Cannith" crafting and rename it "Enchanting" because that's pretty much what it is...this "School" is special in that everyone can use it and it doesn't use "recipes" it pretty much remains the way it is now except with new "Enchants" added to coincide with the newest Prefix and suffixs.

Note: The Crafting "Schools" below include some stuff assuming a personal housing system exists, also all schools of crafting have the ability to imbue their items with superior quality (ie. a Darkwood Q-Staff or Silver Scimitar) and all items created by players are ready to be Enchanted (no Disjuncting required)

Fletcher - This one primarily makes bows,xbows,bolts, arrows,leather stuff, boots and gloves

Carpenter - Makes wood stuff like Some trinkets, Wooden shields, Quarterstaffs, Mauls, Greatclubs, Also stuff for guild ship/housing stuff but has some cool in-quest items...like the rest bench :P

Blacksmith - Pretty simple Metal Weapons and Armor, can make a few things for guild ship/housing like a new stove

Alchemist - Potions, Augments, Dyes for Armor and helmets/goggles

Magitech - THIS is Cannith crafting...runearms, docents, pet collars, goggles, some gloves and belts, weird clickies this is one thing I wouldn't mind if turbine were "inspired" by WoW for...I loved the engineer crafting school just all kinds of weird and wacky somewhat unreliable gadgets.

Seamstress - Cloaks, Robes, some gloves and hats, some guildship/housing related stuff, handwraps, Outfits

Jeweler - Rings, Crowns, some gloves, trinkets, etc.

Arcanist - Mainly Wands and Scrolls but also a few trinkets and hats and last but definately Not least the ability to convert normal armor into a cosmetic armor.

Any other "Schools" I may have missed?

Also should each house have different crafting zones (ie. Fletcher & Blacksmith in House Denieth, Enchanting & Magitech in House Cannith, Alchemist and Arcanist in House P, Jeweler in House K, Carpenter in House J) or do you think it should all be in House Cannith...personally I'd say the former.

Note: The Crafting schools are far less complicated than Enchanting for your crafting you just walk up to your relevant work area/building and it opens up a simple craft UI with your list of recipes (separated into collapsible sections of course so you don't have an annoyingly long list) and clicking on an item tells your the requirements and you click craft i you have the required items. Only recipes you currently own are listed in this UI making discovering new recipes a fun surprise...recipes can drop out of a variety of content from all levels including special seasonal events.
    Last edited by Failedlegend; 09-06-2013 at 10:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

^^^ way too WoW/EQ-ish IMO.

If we're going to break it up, keep with the D&D roots.

Craft: Arms & Armor
    Craft: Rings
    etc
    etc

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maatogaeoth View Post
    ^^^ way too WoW/EQ-ish IMO.
    WoW does ALOT of things I don't like but the crafting system is actually pretty awesome.

On the other hand I'd be fine with name the schools of crafting like this vvvv

Quote Originally Posted by Maatogaeoth View Post

If we're going to break it up, keep with the D&D roots.

Craft: Arms & Armor
    Craft: Rings
    etc
    etc
    but again it needs to limit one per player to encourage trade and socializing. Also don't make it a feat like PnP you just choose one.

Different names than I used, same system Works for me
    Last edited by Failedlegend; 09-06-2013 at 12:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    See, I could disagree with you here on the basis that one of the things that contributes to player attrition is frustration with bugs and poorly implemented mechanics. This affects veterans who get tired of enduring these things and new players who come across them for the first time and get disheartened.
    <snip>
    The biggest quality of life fix I think we need right now is a UI Option to select a "detailed character sheet" that is completely revamped to fill in all of the missing gaps and let me see at a glance the list of feats, enhancements, destinies, buffs, tomes and items making up my 52 Wisdom, or my 28% dodge, etc etc
    I completely agree with you on both of these points. While new content is important to attract new players and bring back those on a break, I think that DDO will never be successful at retaining new players without more polished UI and gameplay. That doesn't mean we need to completely remake the game and dumb down all the current mechanics. Improvements like having a detailed character sheet that makes it easy to understand what stacks and why would go a really long way to smoothing out the learning curve and making the game more accessible.

Vets have been around long enough to know the bugs and to know what to do to work around them. It's the new players that are going to run into a bug and not understand why they can't do something they think they should be able to and get frustrated and leave. I don't want to derail the topic of this thread, but better communication would also go a long way to keeping players happy. I can't tell you how many times I had to explain to people in the harbor /advice channel why they suddenly had no enhancements and what a +20 Heart of Wood was and why they had one in their inventory. Most newer players had no clue.

Community Member

Default LFM channel

Add an LFM channel, with the same options as the grouping pane: show/hid groups at different levels, show/hide public, show/hide unowned content. Then whenever a new party pops up, a line would show up in that channel:
    LFM: Newpartyleader has created a party to 'Questname' for levels '1-3' at difficulty 'Elite'.
    Last edited by era42; 09-08-2013 at 02:24 PM.

2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

Just one comment as I agree in general to the OP.

OP, you know that the guild member rank system had already been added ?

/guild createrank
    /guild renamerank
    and so on...

They have been disabled a few hours after they were introduced... YEARS ago... because renaming a rank was renaming the rank for all the guilds in the server.
    So instead of fixing it they just disabled it. This is one of the bugs that has been present for years and was never addressed ( like the collectable quests from Shroud )
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

•The ground at my feat should never be out of range.

•Update/Patch notes should be comprehensive, complete and accurate; not listing good intentions or leaving things out.

•"Known Issues" list should include all issues known.

•Create a "Fixed Issues" list that would persist for (X) amount of time (30-60 daysish), with a "fixed/moved" note on the known issues list for clarity. They say we don't see what all their fixing - they can change that & tell us.

•Advertise the darned game! Improvements aimed at "new player retention" should be accompanied by improvements in new player recruitment.

•Survays (monthly?) (via in game mail) to hear what existing players want/need without relying on the (seemingly ignored) forums or strictly opinions of exiting players.

•Make existing/long term player retention as clear of a goal as new player retention. Currently, as a long term player I feel more expendable than a new player.
    Last edited by PermaBanned; 09-08-2013 at 02:31 PM.
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    I'll come back and edit this with other people's suggesions.
    I really like the idea of this thread. But it needs to be updated quite badly to continue being a help to Turbine, because they have accomplished quite a few of the items still on this list. I understand this was started a couple of years ago, but maybe you can start it back up again. I saw a link to it in your signature from the expansive DDO campaign PDF forum thread. I think this is still a really useful idea :-)

Well if we are going to necro it might as well add to it.

My number one beef as far as quality of life goes is:

Windows (character sheet et cetera) open BEHIND hot bars and chat boxes, which is super annoying!

Make them open IN FRONT of them please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    As an aside, our player concurrency numbers didn't show any kind of dip. Player numbers have been fairly consistent and healthy throughout the champions introduction. Sev~

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylenn View Post
    I really like the idea of this thread. But it needs to be updated quite badly to continue being a help to Turbine, because they have accomplished quite a few of the items still on this list. I understand this was started a couple of years ago, but maybe you can start it back up again. I saw a link to it in your signature from the expansive DDO campaign PDF forum thread. I think this is still a really useful idea :-)
    Updated the list to remove the ones that been added since the last time the list was refreshed.

Interesting to see how many items remain on it, and I'm sure there are a few more than could be added.

Default Quality of life fixes - awesome and thoughtful post

I agree that most of these would be useful and good fixes to the game. I would add the following:

1) There should be a "Detach All" feature on the mailbox to allow a player to empty their pending missives if they choose. Or select those items they want to detach.

2) It would be wonderful to be able to post items to the Auction House or Shard Exchange in bulk from your inventory if you want to post multiple items at the same price.

3) Allow a player to see if a character has mail pending from the selection menu via an icon on their bar.

4) If you have a series of guilds you normally run with, it would be awesome to be able to flag them on the friends panel. You would be able to see that "character name" from "guild name" has logged on.

The Stone of Change for grinding shards has been broken for sooooo long as noted in the original post. Please. Please. Please fix this. It is extremely tedious and annoying to use this interface as it stands.
    Ha! Where is your True Seeing now, dead guy?!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12