Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default No more free lesser reincarnations?

I just tried to use the free lesser reincarnation for the first time. Turns out, I don't have the option to anymore. Was this a limited time offer, or should I still have the one freebie waiting for me?

Potentially relevant info:
    Just took Level 20, no "banked" xp.
    True reincarnated many times, never lesser reincarnated.
    Only 2 classes (19FS/1Arti)
    Ticket filed prior to making this post.

Anyone else have this issue?
    What was the result/resolution?
    Am I s.o.l?
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

The freebies are usually for a limited time, usually without notice of arrival or leaving either!!!

2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lamborgini View Post
    The freebies are usually for a limited time, usually without notice of arrival or leaving either!!!
    It depends, I have several characters that have a Free Feat Respec... and they have been having it for years.
    I even have one or two that have two Free Feat Respect.
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Quote Originally Posted by lamborgini View Post
    This wasn't a temporary freebie.

This was a permanent feature introduced with U14. It's one per character. See the U14 release notes for details:
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Update_14_Release_Notes
    https://www.ddo.com/en/game/release-...nsion-official

As of Update 14, all existing and new characters may speak with Kruz to perform a lesser reincarnation character respec for free, without using a Heart of Wood, one time. You may perform this free respec at any time of your choosing, and each of your characters may speak with Kruz one time to do so.
    Once per character is once per character, not once per TR life as I once saw someone trying to claim.

There have been problems reported with the free LR where it wipes ED XP, don't know if that's still a possibility.

The other problem was if you had a +5 Lesser Heart then it wouldn't take it and would use your free LR instead.

It's pure speculation, but we will be getting a free LR when the new enhancements came out, so maybe they have turned off the ability for everyone so that they can grant it again to everyone who has already used it? Or maybe they've disabled it to prevent the ED XP wipe?

Default Reincarnated

I would guess the problem is here:

Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    True reincarnated many times, never lesser reincarnated.
    The way i understood it was that you got a free LR to change your current build to adapt to the update.

Since you TRd and rebuilt your toon anyway you "ignored" that choice since you rebuilt him new, so theres no need for a free LR.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeron1976 View Post
    The way i understood it was that you got a free LR to change your current build to adapt to the update.

Since you TRd and rebuilt your toon anyway you "ignored" that choice since you rebuilt him new, so theres no need for a free LR.
    I just checked one of my characters which recently TRed: the option is still showing.
    On Thelanis: Hallelujah (Spellsinger) - Jerryrigged Juggernaut (caster FvS) - Sepulchral (Druid) - Chopchopchop (Warlock) - Alleyshadow (retired gimped monkcher). Formerly on Keeper : Misericordia (Thug) - Mumbo Jumbo (Battle Caster) - Infernal Can (WF Kinda Cleric) - Halleluyah (Melee Spellsinger).

U14 was an update with serious combat system changes (AC chance, PRR, Dodge%, Spell Power).
    As I understand LR was issued for fixing build which are rendered useless with those changes.
    Don't think it was intended as "TR as 19Sor/1Barb multiclass then LR into pure" gameplay on regular basis.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Derailment View Post
    U14 was an update with serious combat system changes (AC chance, PRR, Dodge%, Spell Power).
    As I understand LR was issued for fixing build which are rendered useless with those changes.
    Don't think it was intended as "TR as 19Sor/1Barb multiclass then LR into pure" gameplay on regular basis.
    The freebie doesnt let you change any classes, its a +0 LR...so its just a skillpoint/feat/stat respec.

In that regard, it makes sense that you get it once every TR (which I believe is how it works/worked). Its easy enough to get even the borkiest borked build up to L10 or so, but into mid- and endgame, if you should happen to find that, while learning a new class in a TR chain, you've painted yourself into a corner, you get one "mulligan" where you can reshape your character to be a little more effective, after you've learned some stuff about the class.

Since every TR life is, ostensibly, a different class, you get one "mulligan" per go-around.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    In that regard, it makes sense that you get it once every TR (which I believe is how it works/worked).
    It's not.

It's once per character.

Not once per TR.

See post number 4 above.
    Last edited by Deadlock; 05-24-2013 at 10:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    It's not.

It's once per character.

Not once per TR.

See post number 4 above.
    Yes, it says that, but its not how it worked. At some later point a mod said it was once per life.

I certainly have done my last couple TRs knowing I could make use of it at mid levels when I often wanted to do a big change up since L1-12 content isn't anything like 13-20 content

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council

Quote Originally Posted by Gkar View Post
    Yes, it says that, but its not how it worked. At some later point a mod said it was once per life.

I certainly have done my last couple TRs knowing I could make use of it at mid levels when I often wanted to do a big change up since L1-12 content isn't anything like 13-20 content
    I used my free LR on whatever life soon after U14. I then tried it again after a few TR's and got nothing. I put in a support ticket asking if it was bugged because I had thought it was once per life.

The support ticket came back to confirm that it was only once per character and not once per life.

Dunno about the mod post you're referring to, but that's definitely not how it was working in practice and not what their ingame support said.

Don't get me wrong, I'd be happy if it was once per TR, but that's not how it is.

Community Member

Don't get me wrong, I'd be happy if it was once per TR, but that's not how it is.
    Just ran over to Cruz to check...sadly, it seems you're right. I really think this used to work different though - I have memories of LRing this toon in two lives

Perhaps one of those ninja nerfs the devs are so fond of....

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    The freebie doesnt let you change any classes, its a +0 LR...so its just a skillpoint/feat/stat respec.
    Yes you right, it wasn't even class change.

In that regard, it makes sense that you get it once every TR
    It makes for player wishes (more freebies), but doesn't makes much sense.

What I mean, on the one hand, having free LR in good given how much things in DDO not working or don't match descriptions. On other hand, planning your life that for example you have Melee wizard at first levels, then LR into caster - doesn't sound right.

Quote Originally Posted by Gkar View Post

Are you saying that you have actually used a free LR multiple times over the lives of a single character? Because that being possible would be news (of the exciting variety) to me, but I'm skeptical.

Each existing character and each new character should have one free Lesser Reincarnation available to them as of the release of Menace of the Underdark, and True Reincarnation should - not - grant a new free Lesser Reincarnation. Testing by one of our QA folks today appears to validate the above statement. If someone is experiencing a different result, please let me know.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    Potentially relevant info:
    [...]
    When was the character created?
    Wasn't there a bug at some point shortly after motu, where the free LRs weren't getting granted to newly created characters?
    :S at least I recall there was something along these lines. :S

Community Member

It's not.

It's once per character.

Not once per TR.

See post number 4 above.
    Essentially it's one per character. There were two free feat respecs issued- one in U14, and one during U16 (as far as I'm aware).

For instance: I was able to LR my main back in September for free. I took a break from the game and came back in mid December after High Road of Shadows was released. I got my second free LR then. I did not TR my main.

I think this is where the confusion lies for those who state that they used an LR, TR'd, and still had a LR left. The only reason they had an LR was because LRs were re-issued with the release of Primal Avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Each existing character and each new character should have one free Lesser Reincarnation available to them as of the release of Menace of the Underdark, and True Reincarnation should - not - grant a new free Lesser Reincarnation. Testing by one of our QA folks today appears to validate the above statement. If someone is experiencing a different result, please let me know.
    Will a true Reincarnation eliminate the free lesser, or will it persist through lives until used?

Quote Originally Posted by dTarkanan View Post
    Will a true Reincarnation eliminate the free lesser, or will it persist through lives until used?
    I'd like to hear the answer to this as well.
    There is no free lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by dTarkanan View Post
    My understanding is that the free Lesser Reincarnation persists with your character until used, and is not affected by another form of reincarnation.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast