Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    dozkal-ne

Default Oh, Hello Ninja Nerf

Spellcasters, check your spell crit lines. The update today totally nerfed them.

First tier is 1%. Maxes out at 6 tiers at 6%.

Turbine.....I can't even look at you right now.

Quote Originally Posted by dozkal-ne View Post
    Spellcasters, check your spell crit lines. The update today totally nerfed them.

First tier is 1%. Maxes out at 6 tiers at 6%.

Turbine.....I can't even look at you right now.
    Finally more balance between casters and melee

dozkal-ne

Quote Originally Posted by Forzah View Post
    No...they needed to buff melees and especially ranged, not nerf casters.

Quote Originally Posted by Forzah View Post
    Balance is a white whale.

Nerfs are a steaming pile.
    AUREON/ KEEPER 2006-2009 | CANNITH 2010 -
    Anaplian, Csimian, Tengram, Hackworth, Memenah, Helekye, Nabberfleish
    Brotherhood of the Wolf

The plan with the new enhancement pass was to give all spellcasters a base chance to crit (I believe 5%) and a base increase to crit damage (can't remember how much offhand) before buying any enhancements. The final numbers still came out a bit nerfed for many casters (I'm just talking about spell crit here - spell power nerfs are a MUCH dicier subject that I really, really hope gets addressed when we see the next alpha or beta pass), but not nearly as badly as what we're seeing now. There was probably a bug where the Update 18 accidentally got part of the spell crit system change spliced in.

Which isn't to say that this isn't a problem: it needs to be resolved quickly. But don't go worrying about deliberate nerfs until we start to see the final plans for the new enhancements.
    Raever of Madness * Stormraver * Fireraver * Dreamraver * Skyraver * Solraver * Technoraver * Raverlution * Foraver
    Ghallanda ReRolled
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Turning Ghostbane into a meme is, in my book, the best thing to happen to DDO in awhile.

dozkal-ne

Quote Originally Posted by dejafu View Post
    The plan with the new enhancement pass was to give all spellcasters a base chance to crit (I believe 5%) and a base increase to crit damage (can't remember how much offhand) before buying any enhancements. The final numbers still came out a bit nerfed for many casters (I'm just talking about spell crit here - spell power nerfs are a MUCH dicier subject that I really, really hope gets addressed when we see the next alpha or beta pass), but not nearly as badly as what we're seeing now. There was probably a bug where the Update 18 accidentally got part of the spell crit system change spliced in.

Which isn't to say that this isn't a problem: it needs to be resolved quickly. But don't go worrying about deliberate nerfs until we start to see the final plans for the new enhancements.
    You make a fair point about not crying nerf in case it's a bug (where is their QA department; I mean, really?), but if it's not....still...until the new enhancements come out...this is what we would have to deal with? Not cool, man.

It looks like there were some changes from the enhancement preview which were taken into live:

The description of "Prayer of Incredible Life" is: This is an obsolete enhancement which doesn't do anything anymore.

I'm not sure if this and the other crit changes are really WAI.
    Toons on Orien: Meinir // Flodur // Twiddler // Thorkar // Impetor // Juliacantor // Minor all Soko Irrlicht
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We may or may not intentionally insert in red herrings, purple mackerels, or horses of different colors. Void where prohibited. Not available in all planes of existence.

I've posted this same bug in my thread here:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...damage-NOT-WAI

Love how people think this was supposed to be a nerf and then have no idea that we should get a 5% Spell crit chance free at level 1.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Severlin and Severlin Online. PLAY FOR FREE* NOW!

*maybe
    Farwil, Chaos Gamblers - Argonessen.

i used to have my wizzy as main and fav toon. when wail bugged, i parked him for good and started an arty which i enjoy so much. amywayz, i dont care much about this nerf. im tired of watchin casters stand in a spot and spamm magic missiles. 9/10 casters caster use this boring gameplay, that is boring even for the rest of the group to watch the missile spamming.

not sure if my post is relevant with this thread, but i just wanted to say that!
    cheers!
    Proud officer of The Balance, in Khyber
    Robopew / Kormah / Sokin / Dhona / Thendrik / Tightpants / Altab / Screamforme / Oohshift / Evermissing
    My trade list: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...-My-Trade-List

Quote Originally Posted by nikos1313 View Post
    i used to have my wizzy as main and fav toon. when wail bugged, i parked him for good and started an arty which i enjoy so much. amywayz, i dont care much about this nerf. im tired of watchin casters stand in a spot and spamm magic missiles. 9/10 casters caster use this boring gameplay, that is boring even for the rest of the group to watch the missile spamming.

not sure if my post is relevant with this thread, but i just wanted to say that!
    cheers!
    Not realizing a bug penalizes people who play the way you prefer MUCH MORE than people who don't: you're doing it right.
    Eternal Infinity: Wruntjunior ~ DI Sorc // Youngwrunt ~ Survivalist Paladin // Wruntarrow ~ Monkcher // Wruntsonmonk ~ Wis-Based Monk

Community Member

Let's see....

Can Pale Masters heal stat damage yet?

That happened, what; the last expansion?

I shelved my caster then; seeing how LONG it took them to fix that bug.

Then wail gets nerf; then broken; caster shelved.

Now you want to make my caster even less powerful; break him with another bug.

Can we expect this fixed soon?

Can you email me when you're done? I'm assuming about 3 years time; my email should be the same, maybe once casters are fixed I'll be interested in playing again.

For anyone who believes the new spellpower is a bug, try google and you might find information in other places on the web.
    Whether it is to be believed or not I leave to your own judgement.
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Well, fwiw I have found one type(read as school) of spellcasting that has not been affected by this.

However, I think this will make those solo-brand casters more inclined to run with a party as mana pots arent cheap and they will be less likely to zerg through a quest nuke style for the same cost in the same amount of time.
    This could have the effect of making CC casting more desirable again as well as promote this thing in DDO called 'grouping'.

I don't find this to necessarily be a bad change.
    SidekickzDysmoniaEilisia PSSC

Quote Originally Posted by Slink View Post
    Well, fwiw I have found one type(read as school) of spellcasting that has not been affected by this.

However, I think this will make those solo-brand casters more inclined to run with a party as mana pots arent cheap and they will be less likely to zerg through a quest nuke style for the same cost in the same amount of time.
    This could have the effect of making CC casting more desirable again as well as promote this thing in DDO called 'grouping'.

I don't find this to necessarily be a bad change.
    There's a shrine at the entrance to nearly every quest. They are already utilized to farm loot solo and invite 5 guildies/friends/etc to loot.

Furthermore, it has much less impact on the shiradi casters that were having a fairly easy time soloing EEs than the casters you're talking about becoming more attractive with such a bug/nerf/whatever.

Please, people, endeavor to know what you're talking about before you spew nonsense - shiradi casters that everyone complain are overpowered didn't really need crit lines to function (mine went for more survival over more crit lines, and I had no increase to caster levels for my abilities - I believe my Meteor Swarm was being cast at CL 9, for example...only CL increase I had was electric, which only really benefited energy burst and the occasional lightning SLA used for giggles). By comparison, casters such as my own now (TRed into a DI sorc) are much less useful due to these bugs.
    Last edited by WruntJunior; 05-23-2013 at 12:11 PM.
    Eternal Infinity: Wruntjunior ~ DI Sorc // Youngwrunt ~ Survivalist Paladin // Wruntarrow ~ Monkcher // Wruntsonmonk ~ Wis-Based Monk

Community Member MarcusCleardawn's Avatar

I have noticed that the spell crit lines start at 1%. I have noticed that switching out of Shiradi has made my Sorc mostly unplayable.

But oddly, that seems par for the course. I made a Monster back in the day, got to play with it for a whole day and half before the Two Weapon Fighting Nerf. Didn't even cap my Pale Master before the "DC" rebalancing killed that. Guess I'll go back to being a mana sponge barbarian. Can't see how they can nerf that.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusCleardawn View Post
    I have noticed that the spell crit lines start at 1%. I have noticed that switching out of Shiradi has made my Sorc mostly unplayable.

But oddly, that seems par for the course. I made a Monster back in the day, got to play with it for a whole day and half before the Two Weapon Fighting Nerf. Didn't even cap my Pale Master before the "DC" rebalancing killed that. Guess I'll go back to being a mana sponge barbarian. Can't see how they can nerf that.
    You now suffer a -20% healing amp penalty while raged.

I'm not entirely sure it's actually a nerf, my 14th level druid seems to do just as much damage as he did 3 days ago with his lightning and fire spells. Maybe it's a display issue. Maybe it's just epic levels?

As far as casters being overpowered, I have to agree. I quit playing my wizard in the epic levels as it was just getting stupid easy running through stuff at high speed demolishing everything with 2 or three buttons. It wasn't fun, and it wasn't fun for the folks I was playing with. (Not counting other wizzes and sorcs, then it was more about who could run faster to get to the stuff to kill it first. Kind of a track and field event meets death race 2000)

And he is a first life toon.

I've been playing all kinds of classes and weird multiclass toons on my TR and finding that I'm having a lot more fun playing "gimp" toons like pally/rogue, bard, etc. They require forethought, planning, and teamwork for those times I play with friends.

Just my opinion. YMMV, etc.

Community Member MarcusCleardawn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AzB View Post
    I'm not entirely sure it's actually a nerf, my 14th level druid seems to do just as much damage as he did 3 days ago with his lightning and fire spells. Maybe it's a display issue. Maybe it's just epic levels?

As far as casters being overpowered, I have to agree. I quit playing my wizard in the epic levels as it was just getting stupid easy running through stuff at high speed demolishing everything with 2 or three buttons. It wasn't fun, and it wasn't fun for the folks I was playing with. (Not counting other wizzes and sorcs, then it was more about who could run faster to get to the stuff to kill it first. Kind of a track and field event meets death race 2000)

And he is a first life toon.

I've been playing all kinds of classes and weird multiclass toons on my TR and finding that I'm having a lot more fun playing "gimp" toons like pally/rogue, bard, etc. They require forethought, planning, and teamwork for those times I play with friends.

Just my opinion. YMMV, etc.
    I understand, except the problem is that a DPS Sorc is truly a one trick pony with limited endurance. If you nerf the damage without increasing the endurance, i.e. spellpoints, it just means you can do less before you're essentially worthless. At it's worst a druid can shift form and put out at least vaguely relevant DPS. Sorcs swinging caster sticks, or even Epic Sword of Shadows, not so much. In my experience at least.

Community Member

Noticed that the "Shavarath Lava" and "Deep Tar" perma dots from double rainbow have been removed. Weak... =/

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by XxJFGxX View Post
    Noticed that the "Shavarath Lava" and "Deep Tar" perma dots from double rainbow have been removed. Weak... =/
    Please! Permadots are ridiculous! When something dies, it should clear all effects, ESPECIALLY damaging ones! The only POSSIBLE exceptions should be deific curses.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast