Hybrid View

dozkal-ne

Default Oh, Hello Ninja Nerf

Spellcasters, check your spell crit lines. The update today totally nerfed them.

First tier is 1%. Maxes out at 6 tiers at 6%.

Turbine.....I can't even look at you right now.

Quote Originally Posted by dozkal-ne View Post
    Spellcasters, check your spell crit lines. The update today totally nerfed them.

First tier is 1%. Maxes out at 6 tiers at 6%.

Turbine.....I can't even look at you right now.
    Finally more balance between casters and melee

dozkal-ne

Quote Originally Posted by Forzah View Post
    No...they needed to buff melees and especially ranged, not nerf casters.

Balance is a white whale.

Nerfs are a steaming pile.
    AUREON/ KEEPER 2006-2009 | CANNITH 2010 -
    Anaplian, Csimian, Tengram, Hackworth, Memenah, Helekye, Nabberfleish
    Brotherhood of the Wolf

The plan with the new enhancement pass was to give all spellcasters a base chance to crit (I believe 5%) and a base increase to crit damage (can't remember how much offhand) before buying any enhancements. The final numbers still came out a bit nerfed for many casters (I'm just talking about spell crit here - spell power nerfs are a MUCH dicier subject that I really, really hope gets addressed when we see the next alpha or beta pass), but not nearly as badly as what we're seeing now. There was probably a bug where the Update 18 accidentally got part of the spell crit system change spliced in.

Which isn't to say that this isn't a problem: it needs to be resolved quickly. But don't go worrying about deliberate nerfs until we start to see the final plans for the new enhancements.
    Raever of Madness * Stormraver * Fireraver * Dreamraver * Skyraver * Solraver * Technoraver * Raverlution * Foraver
    Ghallanda ReRolled
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Turning Ghostbane into a meme is, in my book, the best thing to happen to DDO in awhile.

dozkal-ne

Quote Originally Posted by dejafu View Post
    The plan with the new enhancement pass was to give all spellcasters a base chance to crit (I believe 5%) and a base increase to crit damage (can't remember how much offhand) before buying any enhancements. The final numbers still came out a bit nerfed for many casters (I'm just talking about spell crit here - spell power nerfs are a MUCH dicier subject that I really, really hope gets addressed when we see the next alpha or beta pass), but not nearly as badly as what we're seeing now. There was probably a bug where the Update 18 accidentally got part of the spell crit system change spliced in.

Which isn't to say that this isn't a problem: it needs to be resolved quickly. But don't go worrying about deliberate nerfs until we start to see the final plans for the new enhancements.
    You make a fair point about not crying nerf in case it's a bug (where is their QA department; I mean, really?), but if it's not....still...until the new enhancements come out...this is what we would have to deal with? Not cool, man.

It looks like there were some changes from the enhancement preview which were taken into live:

The description of "Prayer of Incredible Life" is: This is an obsolete enhancement which doesn't do anything anymore.

I'm not sure if this and the other crit changes are really WAI.
    Toons on Orien: Meinir // Flodur // Twiddler // Thorkar // Impetor // Juliacantor // Minor all Soko Irrlicht
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We may or may not intentionally insert in red herrings, purple mackerels, or horses of different colors. Void where prohibited. Not available in all planes of existence.

Well, fwiw I have found one type(read as school) of spellcasting that has not been affected by this.

However, I think this will make those solo-brand casters more inclined to run with a party as mana pots arent cheap and they will be less likely to zerg through a quest nuke style for the same cost in the same amount of time.
    This could have the effect of making CC casting more desirable again as well as promote this thing in DDO called 'grouping'.

I don't find this to necessarily be a bad change.
    SidekickzDysmoniaEilisia PSSC

Quote Originally Posted by Slink View Post
    Well, fwiw I have found one type(read as school) of spellcasting that has not been affected by this.

However, I think this will make those solo-brand casters more inclined to run with a party as mana pots arent cheap and they will be less likely to zerg through a quest nuke style for the same cost in the same amount of time.
    This could have the effect of making CC casting more desirable again as well as promote this thing in DDO called 'grouping'.

I don't find this to necessarily be a bad change.
    There's a shrine at the entrance to nearly every quest. They are already utilized to farm loot solo and invite 5 guildies/friends/etc to loot.

Furthermore, it has much less impact on the shiradi casters that were having a fairly easy time soloing EEs than the casters you're talking about becoming more attractive with such a bug/nerf/whatever.

Please, people, endeavor to know what you're talking about before you spew nonsense - shiradi casters that everyone complain are overpowered didn't really need crit lines to function (mine went for more survival over more crit lines, and I had no increase to caster levels for my abilities - I believe my Meteor Swarm was being cast at CL 9, for example...only CL increase I had was electric, which only really benefited energy burst and the occasional lightning SLA used for giggles). By comparison, casters such as my own now (TRed into a DI sorc) are much less useful due to these bugs.
    Last edited by WruntJunior; 05-23-2013 at 01:11 PM.
    Eternal Infinity: Wruntjunior ~ DI Sorc // Youngwrunt ~ Survivalist Paladin // Wruntarrow ~ Monkcher // Wruntsonmonk ~ Wis-Based Monk

Community Member MarcusCleardawn's Avatar

I have noticed that the spell crit lines start at 1%. I have noticed that switching out of Shiradi has made my Sorc mostly unplayable.

But oddly, that seems par for the course. I made a Monster back in the day, got to play with it for a whole day and half before the Two Weapon Fighting Nerf. Didn't even cap my Pale Master before the "DC" rebalancing killed that. Guess I'll go back to being a mana sponge barbarian. Can't see how they can nerf that.

Community Member

Furyshot.

Blitzing Dreadnaught

Tree.
    Walchek @ Ghallanda

Spell critical chance and spell critical damage changes to text and functionality (which are not the same) are not intended and we are working on fixing them.

Spell critical chance and spell critical damage changes to text and functionality (which are not the same) are not intended and we are working on fixing them.
    Thank you for your forum posts today/yesterday, addressing the bugs relevant to casters. Acknowledging them and confirming a fix is in the works means a LOT. I was super depressed yesterday, after u18 went live.

Please hotfix us as soon as you are able and props on getting invisibility corrected btw.

Unintential "changes to text" usually involve an invalid pointer and a bunch of gibberish, not perfectly good english.

Your attempts to keep your existing customers (actually just the forumites who aren't going anywhere anytime soon anyway) from freaking out are probably turning away a bunch of would-be customers lurking to see if something is going to be done to make group play with 3 casters in the party something more than a completely annoying zerg to see who can press hotkeys faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Raithe View Post
    Unintential "changes to text" usually involve an invalid pointer and a bunch of gibberish, not perfectly good english.

Your attempts to keep your existing customers (actually just the forumites who aren't going anywhere anytime soon anyway) from freaking out are probably turning away a bunch of would-be customers lurking to see if something is going to be done to make group play with 3 casters in the party something more than a completely annoying zerg to see who can press hotkeys faster.
    So you speak for would-be customers now? Your posts are getting more and more ludicrous.

Quote Originally Posted by eonfreon View Post
    So you speak for would-be customers now? Your posts are getting more and more ludicrous.
    I speak for myself, and I currently have no plans to buy the upcoming expansion. Or pay DDO another red cent.

I AM myself, and I am here to speak for him, yep. What was the point of your post again?

I speak for myself, and I currently have no plans to buy the upcoming expansion. Or pay DDO another red cent.

I AM myself, and I am here to speak for him, yep. What was the point of your post again?
    LOL. At least you finally admit that you speak for yourself only and not for a hypothetical "bunch of would-be customers".

Community Member

The point was to giggle at your presumptuousness in chastising Vargouille for allegedly driving away would-be players by listening to existing ones.