Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by bbcjoke View Post
    You know what's even better than people moaning over the game? People moaning over other people's posts.
    Or better yet, people moaning over people posting about people who moan over the game.

This, of course, can easily be rectified by writing a moaning post about people who moan, about people who write posts that moan, about people who write moaning posts about the game.

(Starts counting on fingers...)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan220 View Post
    The forums have become depressing - a large majority of posts are moans and groans.

I fully accept that posts that warn the player base about avoidable issues are valuable to the community.

But posts that moan for the sake of moaning or posts that make idle threats of leaving the game have gotten long in the tooth.

You want to leave? Then just leave - I prob dont know you and dont care why you want to leave and coming on here sabre rattling about is dull. Send it direct to turbine please.

Perhaps Ive gotten old and grouchy, but I preferred the old ways - positive postd such as questions, stories, advice, funnies etc..

Yes, yes its another post moaning about moaning

Yes, I know I dont have to read the forums

Surely it cant just be me who is sick of all the doom and gloom?
    Seems to me you do care. Otherwise why even make a thread about it and saying you don't care?
    Are you a closet-carer?
    As far as the people moaning and groaning, I'm they don't do it for the sake of moaning and groaning, though that in the correct setting could actually be stimulating. But I digress and my old mind wanders. Back on topic, I believe they do what they do because in there own little way that is how they care and express that care.

Community Member

If people aren't happy, they're going to complain.

This is the place to complain.

This is also the place to say thanks, sure; but where else can we go to complain?

We want the game fixed; I'd actually like to play more often, but frankly... not interested so much anymore; too many broken things, causing very much frustration.

If I want frustration, I'll play real life.

If I want to play a game - well, I want to enjoy myself.

That being said - DEV TRACKER IS BACK

Thank you devs, for that.

There's my ray of sunshine for the day.

Now fix your bugs from u18 please... and the old ones, too.

Quote Originally Posted by forummuleonly View Post
    Lol, yet you can't find a single good thing to say in the good tings thread.

*shocking*
    I can. I just wrote it here. Lol... See no sense in doubling it in 2 threads...
    Are you reading like only first and last line of my post, or do you have problems with understanding? ...
    anyway - doesnt matter. I wont argue with someone who everytime responds to 1 line instead of reffering to full post and shows no sign of reading with understanding. Lol.

I said what I had to say.
    I dont like moaners in-game - cause I play to relax.
    I like moaners on forums - as long as theyre not moaning over everything - because their complaints show where bugs/problems are that can be fixed and some of them ARE getting fixed.
    I on the other hand hate people who say others what to do (moan, dont moan, write in this thread, dont write in this thread, basically meaning - all I say is godly and all you have to say is trash). Lol... Come on.
    So Ill still leave feedback where I want - good one and bad one. Cause I happen to leave both - yes... yes really.

Truth is - with this thread the always-moaners will still moan - so whats the point in creating moaning on moaners thread :P. Only making moan story bigger.
    Get a life ppl lol... :P
    And if u think selling "no one knows what" and leaving bugs unfixed is a good thing, then ure just weird ppl. Thats all.
    Last edited by Kayla93; 05-23-2013 at 02:18 PM.

If you really like playing the game... count your lucky stars that people are moaning and complaining when things are messed up(btw.. saying that people complain for complaining sake is dismissive and myopic). The devs should also count their lucky stars for complaints and moaning. I'll show you what my posts look like from a game that I've decided I don't want to play anymore:

[left blank on purpose]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's right, I just up and leave. As long as people are passionate about the game, for better or for worse, they are still here. Sure it needs to be more adult like. Does not need to be vulgar or get personal with the devs, but a little double-u-tee-eff!!! never hurt anybody.
    Last edited by Sonos; 05-23-2013 at 02:42 PM.

Community Member

Fantastic. I agree with the OP, but love the first post response. I mean it's classic, but it isn't just DDO. Play any MMO and the community is the same. Many forum posters love attention and this is how they get it.

Of course I do agree with some of the people on the other side of the fence. There is value in stating that which you do not like. However there is a way to go about it. For example the Wail of the Banshee Bug. It was discovered and I saw a fantastic write-up by someone that explained the issue, how they tested it and irrefutable proof that it wasn't working right. I also saw people who chimed in to say that the bug was important to them to get fixed. I have no problem with that. Then I saw people bump the thread asking for updates followed by people saying how important the fix was for them. (granted it's still not fixed, people are still unhappy and there is no reason to stop bringing it up. In fact the devs still respond about it occasionally. They know it's there)

This is all good feedback and I think that despite the topic(i.e. pointing out a game flaw) it serves a purpose to let Turbine know what's important to the community.

Then you get the posts saying that that people are going to quit over it. Posts that belittle the devs and how terrible they must be. Ones that say Turbine is going to fail and there will be some mass exodus. I could be wrong, but I think it is this category of posts that the OP is rallying against.

Let's all just put things in perspective here. An MMO this size is going to have bugs. It is an enormous undertaking. If you don't think so then go build your own. So we will have bugs and there will be things that don't work as they intend or as we want. It happens.

I'm sure Turbine has a master list somewhere of bugs, broken things, enhancements, wishlists and future state. If you don't think they do then you're kidding yourself. Now they have this giant master list and X amount of staff to work on it. Priorities have to be set. Do they focus on fixing all the bugs and stop new content? Well that would make some people happy. Maybe even most. How long would it take? A year? More? No new content in that amount of time and people may also leave because they are bored and things are stagnant. So now what? People are leaving because of no new content. So stop fixing bugs and make new content? OK. But what about the bugs someone will say.......

Also this is a business. As soon as it stops being a business, or a profitable one, then it all stops and all of us who have invested time and money see zero future returns on our investments. It's in the ether. So while higher ups make business decisions that may not make us happy, sometimes those decisions keep the lights on and the game up.

So try and enjoy what is working. Bugs and issues will get fixed (as another poster pointed out they do and many may be from the community pointing out the importance), but let's try and keep it civil and recognize it is not the end of the world if something has a bug. Note it, state how important it is to you and move on to another facet of the game. There are plenty. If it weren't for the Wail bug I would not have rolled my sorc (or maybe not as soon) and I'm having a blast with him. Then I rolled a rogue. Who would have thought that were as fun to play as they are? It's crazy what's out there. Go enjoy it.

Community Member

Any company that is well managed would prefer to get feedback about things people aren't happy about it on the forum vs. people just leaving the game without saying a word.

Complaints are certainly over the top at times, but the game would be much worse without the feedback.

Turbine can't possibly respond to everyone so they will keep some customers and lose others, but at least they have a chance to respond to the issues as long as people are providing feedback.

when they dial up the competence we'll dial down the d000m!.

I agree with the Op and have tried to make the same point numerous times. A toxic environment is not going to help bring the Devs in to discuss things. Sure we will still have a few who (likely against their will) show up or lurk, but a real back-and-forth is pretty rare at this point. I believe that is because of all of the total jerks here who seem to forget that this game is designed and run by people. People who take pride in what they do and who produce a product that, 99% of the time, is frickin' awesome.

I have zero problem with someone providing feedback on what they do and don't like. Concerns over game direction, and concerns over bugs. It is all about delivery. Tolero made a great post on that in the days of yore (see my sig.)

Yes, every now and then someone will get worked up and post something overly emotional, but if you consistently can't post without being insulting then you have an issue and are creating a problem.
    Bogenbroom's DDO Wishlist.......Tolero's guide to actionable feedback
    Bogenbroom's legion... 83 characters, 3 accounts, and 1 irate wife.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bogenbroom View Post
    I agree with the Op and have tried to make the same point numerous times. A toxic environment is not going to help bring the Devs in to discuss things. Sure we will still have a few who (likely against their will) show up or lurk, but a real back-and-forth is pretty rare at this point. I believe that is because of all of the total jerks here who seem to forget that this game is designed and run by people. People who take pride in what they do and who produce a product that, 99% of the time, is frickin' awesome.

I have zero problem with someone providing feedback on what they do and don't like. Concerns over game direction, and concerns over bugs. It is all about delivery. Tolero made a great post on that in the days of yore (see my sig.)

Yes, every now and then someone will get worked up and post something overly emotional, but if you consistently can't post without being insulting then you have an issue and are creating a problem.
    It's like when the teacher asked what's the capital of North Carolina and I said Washington DC.......

BINGO!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    when they dial up the competence we'll dial down the d000m!.
    So, a perfect example of what OP was talking about.
    And let's be clear, providing informative, helpful feedback is acceptable and necessary to the healthy growth of any system: business, game or otherwise. However, those who continue to promote the rude and obnoxious rhetoric, when doing so, say much more about themselves than the game they are trying to "improve."
    Just saying......

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by kgol15001 View Post
    And let's be clear, providing informative, helpful feedback is acceptable and necessary to the healthy growth of any system: business, game or otherwise. However, those who continue to promote the rude and obnoxious rhetoric, when doing so, say much more about themselves than the game they are trying to "improve."
    Just saying......

There's only so many times you can civilly speak about an issue while being ignored, both in forums, and on lam.

There's only so many times you can watch bugs get reported, be told it's going to be fixed before launch, and it's not.

There's only so many times you can report a bug, and be told it's going to be fixed... soon; and a year later, nothing is fixed.

There's only so many times you can shelve your favourite character before you get sick of all the work you've lost.

Better the anger than all players leave.

Just saying.

Just saying......
    Rabid fanboism is worse than the d00m.

And let not forget the power dynamics involved between the players and the developers. We are their clients, they sell us entertainment. If they want to keep receiving our money is is on them to provide us with a good product.

we, the players, owe them nothing.

Just saying......
    Yet, no matter how hard you may strive for this, you will never eliminate the following conversation:

Me: "So, what's wrong here?"

Them: "It doesn't work."

Me: "So, what specifically is wrong with it?"

Them: "It doesn't work when I use it."

Too many people complaining, start complaining about people complaining.

ANd youre about 7 years too late to ask people to stop moaning about stuff they dont like.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Rabid fanboism is worse than the d00m.

1. Please explain the above idea of “fanboism” and how it is worse. How is helpful, meaningful criticism worse than whining and spitting flame (or trolling the forums)?

And let not forget the power dynamics involved between the players and the developers. We are their clients, they sell us entertainment. If they want to keep receiving our money is is on them to provide us with a good product.

2. Please explain because you suggest that there is some hidden notion of a power struggle between gamers and game developers. If this "power dynamic" does exist, I have missed it. Actually, I would like to see some evidence of it. I suspect it would make a riveting study for a doctorate thesis.

we, the players, owe them nothing.
    3. Correct you are. So leave if you owe them nothing and it makes you angry if you stay. I certainly wouldn't routinely engage in behavior if it made me mad and miserable every day. I would pick up my toys and go someplace else.

The Doom and gloom has reached new levels to be sure. I get tired of it but I also ignore it and any trolls!

I think it's typical!!!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by eris2323 View Post
    There's only so many times you can civilly speak about an issue while being ignored, both in forums, and on lam.

There's only so many times you can watch bugs get reported, be told it's going to be fixed before launch, and it's not.

There's only so many times you can report a bug, and be told it's going to be fixed... soon; and a year later, nothing is fixed.

There's only so many times you can shelve your favourite character before you get sick of all the work you've lost.

Better the anger than all players leave.

Just saying.
    There's only so much money/resources a company has to split between all facets of running a business which do not just include coding and development, but HR, infrastructure, marketing, sales, communication, architecture, etc.

There's only so many things a company that doesn't have unlimited resources and unlimited staff/time can focus on

There's other things to consider besides just bugs and patches like attracting new players, keeping existing players content with new content and the future state/direction of the game. Yes fixing old content/bugs though should also be a priority. How do you decide which gets more?

There's only humans behind that coding and development. Mistakes happen. There is a lot going on to make all of this work. I don't for one second kid myself that it is easy. Neither should you.

3. Correct you are. So leave if you owe them nothing and it makes you angry if you stay. I certainly wouldn't routinely engage in behavior if it made me mad and miserable every day. I would pick up my toys and go someplace else.

Kind of obtuse don't you think? To tell someone to leave as if they had no control over their own lives. If someone wants to leave, they'll leave. They don't need a White Knight telling them to do so.

here's an analogy:

We've moved into this home together, Turbine is our landlord and also roommate. They have built this wonderful home and by golly, we like living here. Our roommate, let's call him Turb, brings over some friends and one goes to the bathroom and fires up some crack. "Hey Turb, could you please get rid of your friend, it's kind of ruining the vibe here."

Turb says, "Hey man! I brought you some pizza, and it's your favorite!".

"Hey Turb, um... yeah the pizza is fantastic thanks.... also, can you get rid of that crack head please."

Turb says, "Oh yeah it's on my list but HEY I brought you a pet, you'll have to pay for it's shots and stuff but I know you are a sucker for hedghogs!"

"Yeah Turb, he is ADORABLE! Thanks... AND CAN YOU PLEASE REMOVE THE CRACKHEAD SO THAT I CAN TAKE A SHOWER!"

Roomate #3 says, "If you don't like the crackhead, why don't you just move out!"

"Because I've invested a lot of money into the place, I have a hedgehog, and I really like living here."

DDO is home to a lot of people. Sad or not sad, it's just the way it is.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast