Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 103
  1. #1
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    995

    Default Tone down the moan

    The forums have become depressing - a large majority of posts are moans and groans.

    I fully accept that posts that warn the player base about avoidable issues are valuable to the community.

    But posts that moan for the sake of moaning or posts that make idle threats of leaving the game have gotten long in the tooth.

    You want to leave? Then just leave - I prob dont know you and dont care why you want to leave and coming on here sabre rattling about is dull. Send it direct to turbine please.


    Perhaps Ive gotten old and grouchy, but I preferred the old ways - positive postd such as questions, stories, advice, funnies etc..

    Yes, yes its another post moaning about moaning

    Yes, I know I dont have to read the forums


    Surely it cant just be me who is sick of all the doom and gloom?
    Corazonroto
    Soultrax
    Mantrax
    The Spellswords - Ghallanda

  2. #2
    Community Member Derailment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    703

    Default

    Uhm, what? How about instead of trying to shut up disappointed players, you will try to convince Turbine to stop breaking game with every update, so there will be no need to major whining in first place.

  3. #3
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    995

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Derailment View Post
    Uhm, what? How about instead of trying to shut up disappointed players, you will try to convince Turbine to stop breaking game with every update, so there will be no need to major whining in first place.
    I make a post saying that there is too much moaning recently and your suggested solution is for me to join in as well?

    Now I dont want to come across as nit-picking your advice, but it seems to not be in line with my thinking.

    However, I will freely admit that I am not a clever person and may have misunderstood your intentions.
    Corazonroto
    Soultrax
    Mantrax
    The Spellswords - Ghallanda

  4. #4
    Community Member Kayla93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    950

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Derailment View Post
    Uhm, what? How about instead of trying to shut up disappointed players, you will try to convince Turbine to stop breaking game with every update, so there will be no need to major whining in first place.
    I agree.
    I mean - OP, you just dont understand what we are doing.
    We are not "hating" on the game.
    We are pointing out bugs, broken things, things need to be done to make game better -> but were doing it because we are concerned. For many of us ddo is one of the favourite games. I dont want to see it die. Many other players dont too. Turbine is making some big bad decisions and we need to make them know that we dont support it and try to make them change that.
    But its not because we have a need to "moan". Its because we simply want one of our favourite games go in good direction...
    And true - a lot of players are irritated. Its obvious - I mean who wouldnt be.
    Theres your favourite sweet - and theyre testing new version of it. Many times you and other testers tell the company "this is broken, it doesnt work like it should" and yet it is ignored.
    Maybe if there was more "moaners" they WOULD actually pay attention.

    If you really love the game - joining is not a bad idea - because this is the only thing we can do to make game better. By pointing out marketing mistakes and bugs. Telling openly what we want or do not want to see in game.
    This is democracy and our voices should be important. Also - expecting from ppl to shut up about everything and staying quiet no matter what is hasppening or if they like it or not - is not a fair play.
    Last edited by Kayla93; 05-23-2013 at 05:29 AM.

  5. #5
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    451

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan220 View Post
    Surely it cant just be me who is sick of all the doom and gloom?


    Nope, it isn't just you. Unfortunately this is the normal when anything changes. I am not innocent of it, I have been pretty critical of the forum changes, Heck, I even clicked the reply to button several times yesterday. But when I was re-directed to the log in screen, each time I had a moments clarity and thought "it isn't even worth logging in for".

    Well, look on the bright side, forum activity is up about 500 fold since U-18 went live, guess that being logged out thing and the bad forum colors aren't as bad as people thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by Codog View Post
    [*]Small evolutionary change that can be completed in shorter stretches of time is more readily achieveable for us than large _revolutionary_ change. Revolutionary change can be rather destabilizing from an engineering and balance perspective.

  6. #6
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    451

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kayla93 View Post
    If you really love the game - joining is not a bad idea - because this is the only thing we can do to make game better. By pointing out marketing mistakes and bugs. Telling openly what we want or do not want to see in game.
    How is this working out for you so far? How has this worked out for the last 5 years?

    Not to mention it seems the same people every time are the most vociferous and vituperate every time, every update. Frankly, I don't know how the games' staff gets out of bed everyday to come to work to keep a game that everyone finds so much displeasure in playing running. I would have quit a long time ago if faced with being berated for every change in the game was what I had to look forward to every day at work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Codog View Post
    [*]Small evolutionary change that can be completed in shorter stretches of time is more readily achieveable for us than large _revolutionary_ change. Revolutionary change can be rather destabilizing from an engineering and balance perspective.

  7. #7
    Community Member Kayla93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    950

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by forummuleonly View Post
    How is this working out for you so far? How has this worked out for the last 5 years?

    Not to mention it seems the same people every time are the most vociferous and vituperate every time, every update. Frankly, I don't know how the games' staff gets out of bed everyday to come to work to keep a game that everyone finds so much displeasure in playing running. I would have quit a long time ago if faced with being berated for every change in the game was what I had to look forward to every day at work.

    You see - it works.
    Sometimes better sometimes worse. But well...
    Remember epic DW? It was removed.
    Remember first version of epic GH scales? They were made better.
    Also a lot of bugs WAS fixed. Not all, but a lot of them was.
    Why? Because a lot of players made their complaint and feedback about it.
    when theres no complaint and no feedback devs cant really know if changes are making us happy or sad.
    I guess they WANT to know what makes us happy or sad cause it makes their job easier.
    And theyre not stupid - they know that happy ppl just enjoy the game, and unhappy are making complaints. Its known for a long time that ppl are rarely telling compliment about sth they like - they just happily use it. But if they dont like sth they show it to everyone hoping itll get fixed.
    You cant really demand to change human nature :P. Its like it from ages...

    I - for example - am not complaining every update. I liked motu, I liked alpha enhancements - in most part. But in this update theres sth I do not like and I will speak about it openly... I see no reason to stay quiet.

    Of course - we complain about game. But still playing game and paying for some things is probably the best praise devs can get.
    Last edited by Kayla93; 05-23-2013 at 05:41 AM.

  8. #8
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    451

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kayla93 View Post
    You see - it works.

    Does it really work?

    Can you tell me with 100% absolute beyond a shadow of a doubt that people are not leaving the game more because of this kind of behavior from the community is not a bigger reason for them leaving the game than the bugs?

    I just found out yesterday that this is why my best friend on this earth stopped playing a year ago. out of his mouth yesterday when I tried convincing him to log on for a bit for the new quests "I work with immature childish adults all day long, there is no way I am going to play a game to relax and deal with them again"

    There are proper ways to get your point across, and then there are the ways to do it that we would spank our kids butt over, or wash their mouth with soap.

    Like I said, i would have quit coming to work a long time ago if I was a dev here, I would move on to a place where there was AT LEAST some good being focused on.

    All that ever seems to come up is how bad the devs are, how everyone playing hates everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Codog View Post
    [*]Small evolutionary change that can be completed in shorter stretches of time is more readily achieveable for us than large _revolutionary_ change. Revolutionary change can be rather destabilizing from an engineering and balance perspective.

  9. #9
    Community Member Kayla93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    950

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by forummuleonly View Post
    Does it really work?

    Can you tell me with 100% absolute beyond a shadow of a doubt that people are not leaving the game more because of this kind of behavior from the community is not a bigger reason for them leaving the game than the bugs?

    I just found out yesterday that this is why my best friend on this earth stopped playing a year ago. out of his mouth yesterday when I tried convincing him to log on for a bit for the new quests "I work with immature childish adults all day long, there is no way I am going to play a game to relax and deal with them again"

    There are proper ways to get your point across, and then there are the ways to do it that we would spank our kids butt over, or wash their mouth with soap.

    Like I said, i would have quit coming to work a long time ago if I was a dev here, I would move on to a place where there was AT LEAST some good being focused on.

    All that ever seems to come up is how bad the devs are, how everyone playing hates everything.
    Honestly? Nope.
    Why? Because u can play the game without sitting on forums all day. Most of my friend dont read it.
    If u dont want to see complaints - who is forcing u to read forumns? You dont need it to play.
    As to complaining in game - in party chats and trade channels - I say "no" to it.
    Because game itself is the place when ppl should be able to relax and recover from working all day.
    So the case is your friend - well sorry - but was not very wise if he was entering forums every day knowing its a feedback place - and big part of feedback are complaints. Or he was just unlucky enough to get into some bad in0game community group. I honestly hardly meet with in-game complaints.
    Also - there are NOT only complaints. There are some posts defending update, or praising things. You are just blind to see it - you see only bad things :P.

  10. #10
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    451

    Default I dare you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kayla93 View Post
    Honestly? Nope.

    This is where I stopped reading.

    This is where you are agreeing all the whining, moaning, and bashing people that come to work each and every day to provide you with a game YOU STILL ENJOY PLAYING does not work.


    I have a challenge for you The good things thread I challenge you to read the OP of that thread and then do what the OP is asking of players to do.

    If you cannot find a single 100% positive thing to say in that thread without slipping a knife behind the back into the post, maybe you really need to find a new game since this one makes you so unhappy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Codog View Post
    [*]Small evolutionary change that can be completed in shorter stretches of time is more readily achieveable for us than large _revolutionary_ change. Revolutionary change can be rather destabilizing from an engineering and balance perspective.

  11. #11
    Community Member ferd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4,132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Derailment View Post
    Uhm, what? How about instead of trying to shut up disappointed players, you will try to convince Turbine to stop breaking game with every update, so there will be no need to major whining in first place.
    FIGURES, the 1st reply to the thread is a negative one.
    Derailment you have just proven the OP 100% correct.


    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    "I like pie. Pie is delicious." "You know, cake is better", and a sudden nerf gun war breaks out because Pie is supreme. Then someone says, "What about dinner?"

  12. #12
    The Hatchery Paleus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Stormreach Sewers
    Posts
    1,625

    Default

    I have to concur with the OP. Did the gelatinous cube get axed with the forum update? Posting about Turbine's mistakes is one thing and totally acceptable. But there seems to be a new level of vitriol, ad hominem attacks, outright swearing, etc. It seems people have forgotten how to differentiate constructive feedback and posts that might make a difference from youtube comments section insults that forget that there are people on the other side of the keyboard. This current environment, which at least to me seems new, I think would have kept the Cube sated for a life-time. And this is coming from someone on Argo, we practically invented mean and kept the Cube fed for years.
    Kobold never forgive....kobold remember waterworks.

    Quote Originally Posted by KookieKobold View Post
    i'll be putting a bug into our system.

  13. #13
    Community Member skullzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    489

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan220 View Post
    The forums have become depressing - a large majority of posts are moans and groans.

    I fully accept that posts that warn the player base about avoidable issues are valuable to the community.

    But posts that moan for the sake of moaning or posts that make idle threats of leaving the game have gotten long in the tooth.

    You want to leave? Then just leave - I prob dont know you and dont care why you want to leave and coming on here sabre rattling about is dull. Send it direct to turbine please.


    Perhaps Ive gotten old and grouchy, but I preferred the old ways - positive postd such as questions, stories, advice, funnies etc..

    Yes, yes its another post moaning about moaning

    Yes, I know I dont have to read the forums


    Surely it cant just be me who is sick of all the doom and gloom?

    I agree the whining has gotten out of hand.

    Derailment I see where you are coming from however it is the tone and way that people bring the issues up have. If you don't like something point it out and a solution to the issue. Do not say "******** your f***ing idiots" this will cause the issue to actually lose developer attentions since you just insulted. If you have a constructive post then it will more than likely get attention and even a response.

    Just my 2 cents on today's posts.
    Schadel TR FVS | Whathitme 2TR human stalwart tank |Whatwas TR Barbarian/Fighter--FuryoftheWild | Kpavio Monk/fighter| Whatsnyp Artificer | Skullzz all purpose Druid| Whatcast elf AM| Nobuffforu Acrobat Warchanter

  14. #14
    Community Member Kayla93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    950

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by forummuleonly View Post
    This is where I stopped reading.

    This is where you are agreeing all the whining, moaning, and bashing people that come to work each and every day to provide you with a game YOU STILL ENJOY PLAYING does not work.


    I have a challenge for you The good things thread I challenge you to read the OP of that thread and then do what the OP is asking of players to do.

    If you cannot find a single 100% positive thing to say in that thread without slipping a knife behind the back into the post, maybe you really need to find a new game since this one makes you so unhappy.
    I have a lot of positive things to say. Not my fault u cant see it.
    I defended ddo graphics - cause I love it - for me its the best graphics currently out - many disagree but oh well...
    I love the dungeons - when in other games its "go kill X mobs".
    I love a lot of things bout DDO.
    But it doesnt mean there arent things Id like to change to better.
    Jeez.... stop telling ppl what to do or dictate theirs right. You need to stop feeling like ure centre of universe. Duuh....

  15. #15
    Community Member Hendrik's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Bell's Brewery, MI.
    Posts
    10,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skullzz View Post
    I agree the whining has gotten out of hand.

    Derailment I see where you are coming from however it is the tone and way that people bring the issues up have. If you don't like something point it out and a solution to the issue. Do not say "******** your f***ing idiots" this will cause the issue to actually lose developer attentions since you just insulted. If you have a constructive post then it will more than likely get attention and even a response.

    Just my 2 cents on today's posts.
    That is the TRUTH!

    Constructive criticism is lost on most of 'those people'.

    Quote Originally Posted by hsinclair
    I heard the devs hate all wizards, bards, clerics, fighters, and fuzzy bunnies and only want us to play halfling barbarian/paladin shuriken specialists!

    It's totally true, I have a reliable source. You better reroll now.
    Adventurer, Bug Reporter, Mournlander.

  16. #16
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    17

    Default Finally a post worrth reading

    I completely agree with OP. Six people moan and groan on every post here. Just read the first 10 posts on any given day, and it makes you want to drink heavily. This is a spectacular game that I have enjoyed playing for almost 4 yers now. Furthermore, as a ADD player from the late 70s and 80s... yes I am that old.... it makes me smile to see how much care is taken with lore and questing. The Underdark is just one example of this. Constructive criticism is one thing... vitriolic and hateful remarks are quite another.
    Bravo OP and thank you.

  17. #17
    Community Member bbcjoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    137

    Default

    You know what's even better than people moaning over the game? People moaning over other people's posts.

  18. #18
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    451

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kayla93 View Post
    Duuh....

    Lol, yet you can't find a single good thing to say in the good tings thread.

    *shocking*
    Quote Originally Posted by Codog View Post
    [*]Small evolutionary change that can be completed in shorter stretches of time is more readily achieveable for us than large _revolutionary_ change. Revolutionary change can be rather destabilizing from an engineering and balance perspective.

  19. #19
    Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council
    TrinityTurtle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Findlay, OH
    Posts
    3,155

    Default

    OP, unfortunately you are discounting part of the nature of public interaction. While there are exceptions, it's pretty standard that most of the happy players are just in the game playing, and from the questions I see constantly on in game channels, it's clear a great many people never ever read this place. But the minute something goes wrong, people are motivated to come post. It's a fact of things all over. Like working retail, customers can't wait to wait a half hour to complain about something, but most don't want to spend 30 seconds saying thank you or employee x did a great job!
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

    Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

  20. #20
    Community Member bsquishwizzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,822

    Default

    (groan)

    here we go again...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload