Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default So...basically, this is what you want us to pay for?

Sure you throw a bunch of stuff at us for pre-purchashing, but basically we have no idea what we're actually going to get with the expansion.

/sigh

Someday I won't even be disappointed anymore, because I simply won't expect anything from you guys.
    Last edited by IWCoppercrest; 05-24-2013 at 09:21 AM. Reason: ***** for profanity
    Distributed - Currently on life 72.

Only someday?

You mean you have expected something from Turbine recently?

I just don't understand how it's possible to sell an expansion and not tell people what there buying. For real are people actually buying this? Can anyone that bought this please tell what Your getting besides a bunch of cosmetic junk, skill tomes and epic tomes of learning? Forgive me if the list of content you bought is out there, I just can't find it.

Community Member

Any update is meh if there is no Bank/Inventory upgrades ...

Quote Originally Posted by Ilindith View Post

Sure you throw a bunch of stuff at us for pre-purchashing, but basically we have no idea what we're actually going to get with the expansion.

/sigh

Someday I won't even be disappointed anymore, because I simply won't expect anything from you guys.
    There is a place where some more information was given. I tend to believe it's reliable, but who knows. Even what was said to happen doesn't look good enough to pay for.
    Last edited by IWCoppercrest; 05-24-2013 at 09:22 AM.

It's simple, you have to pass the bill...I mean...buy the expansion before you can see whats in it. Works for congress, should work for business too!
    [charsig=http://ddosigs.level3.turbine.com/0221000000004e2d2/010020200003000/signature.png]Champus[/charsig
    “I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” Thomas Jefferson

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Skillless View Post
    It's simple, you have to pass the bill...I mean...buy the expansion before you can see whats in it. Works for congress, should work for business too!
    Does this mean per-purchasing the expansion will include items for unrelated games? (and maybe a football because one of the devs like it)

Think of it like a cracker jack box and the secret surprise inside. We all want that secret surprise no matter what it is and will buy it because of curiosity more then the sake of anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    Does this mean per-purchasing the expansion will include items for unrelated games? (and maybe a football because one of the devs like it)
    No, it will just come with bugs and nerfs unrelated to the parts they tell us about.

Community Member

Well, yea, I bought it in spite of not having a lot of information to go on regarding quests and etc. I guess I am trusting a little bit here, but considering how little this game actually costs me in comparison to other MMO's I have played, I am ok with it. If I had nothing to compare DDO against (or chose not to make the comparison, which is something I am unable to avoid), then I can say I would not have pre-purchased, either.

Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    Think of it like a cracker jack box and the secret surprise inside. We all want that secret surprise no matter what it is and will buy it because of curiosity more then the sake of anything.
    At least i can find out more about a 2 dollar box of cracker jacks

Cracker Jack includes a small "mystery" novelty item referred to as a "prize" in each box. These have included everything from temporary tattoos to decoder rings. The original tagline for Cracker Jack was "Candy coated popcorn, peanuts and a prize," but has since become "Caramel coated popcorn & peanuts" under Frito-Lay.Prizes were included in every box of Cracker Jack beginning in 1912.[4] One of the first prizes was in 1914 when they produced the first of two Cracker Jack baseball card issues, which featured players from both major leagues as well as players from the short-lived Federal League. The prizes attained pop-culture status with the term "came in a Cracker Jack box," referring to an object of limited value. In recent years, toy and trinket prizes have been replaced with paper prizes displaying riddles and jokes.

Community Member

Default Information on the expansion

https://store.digitalriver.com/DRHM/...ctID=281207800
    This is the link with the most detailed information I could find about the expansion, the thing I'm scared the most, is that there is no mention to any raid on it, wich would make this a really ******** expasion.

Quote Originally Posted by R1ncewind View Post
    https://store.digitalriver.com/DRHM/...ctID=281207800
    This is the link with the most detailed information I could find about the expansion, the thing I'm scared the most, is that there is no mention to any raid on it, wich would make this a really ******** expasion.
    Yeah, all it says is 1 explorer area, 2 towns, and a hint at there being one quest.

Pretty much non-information.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

The way I looked it is that whatever will be in it will be in it. There's no point kidding myself that I won't be buying it, so for me it's a case of just getting on with it. Job done.

Community Member

I will be buying it just for the extra character slots, 2000 TP, access to all 4 Iconic characters. Might even buy the owlbear hireling.

That is worth $50 to me at least, will be the only purchase I make this year on the game. So that is just a bit more than $4/month. I spent 3x that $4 to go and watch the new star trek movie and all I got was a water and the movie ticket.

Mybe you should look at there video then you will get an idea of what u might get.

You get a flying cat. How much more do you need to know?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by clomba11378 View Post
    I just don't understand how it's possible to sell an expansion and not tell people what there buying. For real are people actually buying this? Can anyone that bought this please tell what Your getting besides a bunch of cosmetic junk, skill tomes and epic tomes of learning? Forgive me if the list of content you bought is out there, I just can't find it.
    Well, I can't tell you what specifically it will be, but:
    1. In general I like DDO.
    2. I bet I'll like at least some of the content.

So basically, I got it because I like the stuff like the iconic characters and the cosmetic armor, and because I am pretty optimistic about Turbine making stuff I am interested in and enjoy playing.
    Yes, that seebs.
    Not having fun anymore? Learn to play, noob!

Quote Originally Posted by ZeebaNeighba View Post
    Only someday?

You mean you have expected something from Turbine recently?
    I still have a sliver of hope left. It won't last long at this rate.

Quote Originally Posted by rest View Post
    There is a place where some more information was given. I tend to believe it's reliable, but who knows. Even what was said to happen doesn't look good enough to pay for.
    And where might that be? Pretty sad if info has been posted, but not here...

Quote Originally Posted by SirShen View Post
    Mybe you should look at there video then you will get an idea of what u might get.
    Good joke.
    Distributed - Currently on life 72.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast