Community Member

Default Seal of the Abbott from turn-ins?

Whats the point of this, really, when the base items themselves are still raid-only, and still so hard to get?

Since no one likes running the raid because of the mechanics, I think getting a Seal of the Abbott is probably trivial compared to getting what you want to use it on, isnt it? Just saves you from having to run it on Hard/Elite?

Now if you could turn in a Tome of Untold Legends for a Quiver of Alacrity, then we'd be talking

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Whats the point of this, really, when the base items themselves are still raid-only, and still so hard to get?Since no one likes running the raid because of the mechanics, I think getting a Seal of the Abbott is probably trivial compared to getting what you want to use it on, isnt it? Just saves you from having to run it on Hard/Elite?Now if you could turn in a Tome of Untold Legends for a Quiver of Alacrity, then we'd be talking
    Just seems a bit pricy is all. The Gianthold stuff is a piece of cake. You literally could spend weeks looting chests and doing orchard quests and not get a complete book where as a few runs through the Tor on hard with a friend or two and you got yourself an upgrade. Tome pages are way too rare let alone a complete book.
    Sarlona Server Mythical:
    Kluege Fixer- Baddabing - Majuscule Kluege - Klueje - Klooj Maker - Dundar Kluege - Superkluege

Quote Originally Posted by barecm View Post
    Just seems a bit pricy is all. The Gianthold stuff is a piece of cake. You literally could spend weeks looting chests and doing orchard quests and not get a complete book where as a few runs through the Tor on hard with a friend or two and you got yourself an upgrade. Tome pages are way too rare let alone a complete book.
    I am thinking you are reading it a bit wrong.
    It is not 20 blue or black or white.
    It is 20 blue and 20 black and 20 white.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    While it's not difficult to figure out, it's a mindless, stupid and eye-bleeding grind. It's not too hard to figure out that is not what this game needs right now. 2-3 million karma ok, there's some pain for your gain. But really, the EPL's are not worth the pain of 6 million XP in off destinies/sphere's.
    Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    Profit quantity has been prioritized above product quality.

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Since no one likes running the raid because of the mechanics
    Huh, I like that raid a lot.
    Orien
    | Klorox | Suppressor | Vellien | Knost | & more |
    ~ Youtube ~ DDO Adventures ~

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cernunan View Post
    I am thinking you are reading it a bit wrong.
    It is not 20 blue or black or white.
    It is 20 blue and 20 black and 20 white.
    Well, you get a blue and a black and a white dragon on every Tor run.
    Put together a group of six capped characters, do 7 leet Tor runs and six people have a Stormreaver seal in 5 hours or so?

Took me 2 or 3 days to get a full tome last week, you just need to go to the AH with about 1 to 1.5M plat and get lucky with people sticking pages on there for reasonable prices. I bought all of mine for between 80k and 150k.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kmnh View Post
    I have a policy of not drinking anything that gets blocked by the wordfilter.
    T: Micron, Eversmile, Vs, Kreea, Reckluse | G: Wychcraft, Chuckling

Quote Originally Posted by Micron View Post
    Well, you get a blue and a black and a white dragon on every Tor run.Put together a group of six capped characters, do 7 leet Tor runs and six people have a Stormreaver seal in 5 hours or so?Took me 2 or 3 days to get a full tome last week, you just need to go to the AH with about 1 to 1.5M plat and get lucky with people sticking pages on there for reasonable prices. I bought all of mine for between 80k and 150k.
    Yes, thank you for proving my point. You can get a GH seal in a few hours with some friends. You can spends weeks or more farming pages and not get a full book. There is no guaranteed drop for pages as there are for scales. I got about 60 scales each in a few days of light farming on hard with a high lvl toon. VERY EASY. I can't say I have three full books since they fixed the chest bug for the pre-raid Abbot quest and that was years ago.
    Sarlona Server Mythical:
    Kluege Fixer- Baddabing - Majuscule Kluege - Klueje - Klooj Maker - Dundar Kluege - Superkluege

Community Member

Default Pages

Actually the pages and shield pcs drop a lot. I've collected several sets running TR lives since they made them drop from any chest in Orchard. d

Yes, thank you for proving my point. You can get a GH seal in a few hours with some friends. You can spends weeks or more farming pages and not get a full book. There is no guaranteed drop for pages as there are for scales. I got about 60 scales each in a few days of light farming on hard with a high lvl toon. VERY EASY. I can't say I have three full books since they fixed the chest bug for the pre-raid Abbot quest and that was years ago.
    RTFM on Khyber, Toy Soldiers.

Toy Soldiers PD Roll Builds Guild on Wayfinder.

Quote Originally Posted by RTFM View Post
    Actually the pages and shield pcs drop a lot. I've collected several sets running TR lives since they made them drop from any chest in Orchard. d
    This.
    If you're having trouble filling a book, you are either doing it wrong or are terribly unlucky.
    Same for the shield, that also gives a seal of the Abbot on the reward list now.

Seals used to be rare and sought after, people were ready to pay insane amounts of money for them, at least on Khyber.

And the point is exactly what you described, being able to run the raid on lower difficulties. Even if it doesn't matter anymore, since puzzles aren't crazy on elite anymore, and the Abbot doesn't take too long to kill.

Speaking of the Abbot, has anyone else noticed a reduction of his total HP since U18 or U18p1 ? I hadn't run it for a while, but my one and only run last Monday he went down extremely fast even with a non-optimal party (well it is true we had no divine, but we did have 3-4 useless air savant sorcs).
    I'll be running it again to check, but it sure felt easier than before.
    Owy Evoker FvS / Praledric Completionist Qstaff Rogue/Monk/Druid / Laraeph DC Wizard / Laraelph AA Monk/Ranger/Pally / Gaenry Shiradi Sorc/FvS/Wiz / Reasis SWF Pally & numerous others
    The Leveller for DDO!

Community Member

Have to say not everyone feels that way– I really like the Abbot raid and wish there were more like it. Actually it really bothers me that they added those turn in options that further reduce the need for anyone to try anything on harder difficulties. Those turn ins should be removed.

Community Member Ironclans_evil_twin's Avatar

Oh sing Halleluiah I have nearly 40 completions on one and over 10 on another toon and I have literally ZERO seals dropped for me. On my FvS with nearing 40 I have seen every piece of Abbot loot drop for me except Litany, most has been put up for roll more than once, I have the Quiver, Unwaivering Ardency, Burning Embers, Vile Blasphemy, Enduring Conviction which I no longer need, the Cloak which is banked, and for the last 15 or so runs I've been offering 500k plat for anyone who passes me their seal. Hell I would be happy if they would just put the seals in the 20th reward lists because I have literally nothing besides possibly a litany (really can't fit into my gear) that I need on the 40th... Plan to take a second Vile Blasphemy for extra SP regen (surprised they aren't exclusive)

Shield turn ins and Tome pages I have plenty of those.

This explains why tome pages are suddenly being listed for 500k on Thelanis (no ones selling them for that though, the ones that do sell are going for much more than they used to though).

That said I still love doing this raid, and it's one of the few old raids that people still pug late at night on Thelanis, many of them just for fun. the gear is so situationallly useful even with ML11 and 13, Embers is my Lore item, been wanting to upgrade it forever.

Epic Necro would get me excited, Epic Unwavering Ardency would probably be the best bow in the game.
    Last edited by Ironclans_evil_twin; 06-13-2013 at 01:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zakharov View Post
    Have to say not everyone feels that way– I really like the Abbot raid and wish there were more like it. Actually it really bothers me that they added those turn in options that further reduce the need for anyone to try anything on harder difficulties. Those turn ins should be removed.
    I am just glad that I used the Tome Pages to get my Seal to upgrade my Quiver of Alacrity. I TR frequently and running Abbott 20 times to get a Seal is quite maddening (on Oberon) when it is run maybe twice a month and completed 50% of the time. Maybe if they increased the drop rates and made the second fight less random (I hate the triple or quadruple Inferno and the next time he does NOTHING) people would play it more. Now Piker's Fate get run a lot and only really needs 2 people that have a clue of what is going on. Abbott can fail if one person messes up.