Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mantle/voice

Question mantle/voice

Does anyone know what sort of 5% bonus these currently give as there is no point in making a Gift of the Master if it does not stack

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Quote Originally Posted by DogMania View Post
    Does anyone know what sort of 5% bonus these currently give as there is no point in making a Gift of the Master if it does not stack
    (Effects): You benefit from your Voice of the Master.
    (Effects): --- Enhancement modifier to XP Multiplier: +5%

(Effects): You benefit from your Mantle of the Worldshaper.
    (Effects): --- Enhancement modifier to XP Multiplier: +5%

or if you try both at once:

(Effects): You have multiple effects granting an Enhancement bonus to XP Multiplier that do not stack. ( Mantle of the Worldshaper and Voice of the Master )

It's not a case of making it stack or not.

It's a case of freeing up a trinket or cloak slot without losing the 5% bonus by allowing you to transfer the 5% XP multiplier effect onto any item with a colourless augment slot.
    Last edited by Deadlock; 05-22-2013 at 11:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post

It's a case of freeing up a trinket or cloak slot without losing the 5% bonus by allowing you to transfer the 5% XP multiplier effect onto any item with a colourless augment slot.
    This.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

I'm interested to know if the new augment also grants DM vision like it does when you equip the cloak and trinket. Anyone tested that yet?
    Pay no attention to my join date, my actual join date is September 2009.

Community Member Book_O_Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptic.Assassin View Post
    I'm interested to know if the new augment also grants DM vision like it does when you equip the cloak and trinket. Anyone tested that yet?
    I hope not.
    The worst problem on the DDO forums right now

Primary Server: Khyber ~~~ Officer in Knights of Kern

the created augment will be BTC?
    Proud officer of The Balance, in Khyber
    Robopew / Kormah / Sokin / Dhona / Thendrik / Tightpants / Altab / Screamforme / Oohshift / Evermissing
    My trade list: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...-My-Trade-List

Just made one, no it does not.

Incidentally, slotted it on my Jeweled cloak, makes a nice leveling upgrade from the Mantle
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post

Incidentally, slotted it on my Jeweled cloak, makes a nice leveling upgrade from the Mantle
    is it bound or not? and if yes, character or account or on equip??
    Proud officer of The Balance, in Khyber
    Robopew / Kormah / Sokin / Dhona / Thendrik / Tightpants / Altab / Screamforme / Oohshift / Evermissing
    My trade list: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...-My-Trade-List

Community Member

Looks like they got me to run Threnal again. I gotta still have a Mantle! Coyle here I come.

Thanks for the info! Good idea about the jeweled cloak.
    Pay no attention to my join date, my actual join date is September 2009.

Community Member

I suppose that has some appeal, but for a frequent TR here's what I'm seeing:

Option 1: keep the Voice, continue to swap trinkets before quest completion.

Option 2: make the new augment and farm something with the proper slot that's useful across all levels and multiple lives without hindering a slot. good luck.

Option 3: farm multiple Voices/Mantles and slot a number of items to cover levels and gear setups

Even with good crafting levels and lucky AH finds, by the time you farmed out all the gear and tokens for #3, you could probably just get through another life. And any multi-TR toon has enough trouble with bank space as it is, so #2 isn't great either. I'm not saying it's a terrible augment option at all, but for the toons that would benefit the most from a flexible 5% XP bonus it's just not worth the time and effort for a minor convenience.

Quote Originally Posted by nikos1313 View Post
    is it bound or not? and if yes, character or account or on equip??
    The created augment is bound to character, also any piece of gear you slot it into becomes bound to character. <- This per the release notes, I have not confirmed as the cloak I slotted it into was already BTC.
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by FrancisP.Fancypants View Post
    Option 2: make the new augment and farm something with the proper slot that's useful across all levels and multiple lives without hindering a slot. good luck.
    Maybe its meant to be more useful as a boost for Epic/ED XP? Once you get your Epic gear that you probably wont switch out too often (epic Torc or what-have-you), you can "cash in" your low-level Mantle and Voice for the augment.

The Token cost for this would seem to suggest its meant as an endgame-level option.

I suppose that has some appeal, but for a frequent TR here's what I'm seeing:

Option 1: keep the Voice, continue to swap trinkets before quest completion.

Option 3: farm multiple Voices/Mantles and slot a number of items to cover levels and gear setups

Even with good crafting levels and lucky AH finds, by the time you farmed out all the gear and tokens for #3, you could probably just get through another life. And any multi-TR toon has enough trouble with bank space as it is, so #2 isn't great either. I'm not saying it's a terrible augment option at all, but for the toons that would benefit the most from a flexible 5% XP bonus it's just not worth the time and effort for a minor convenience.
    Very dependent on personal needs I suppose. Personally, I'm choosing option #4:

IMO levels 1-4 5% exp boost almost inconsequential.
    Levels 5-13 use Mantle.
    Levels 14-23 heroic (elite) Jeweled cloak.
    Level 24 & up, leaning towards my epic (hard) Jeweled cloak, but not being to concerned about it until finish TRing. No additional grind involved as always run Deleras' & Threnal anyway.

For me that's a smooth level progression of gear w/minimal required bank space.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council

Why would it?

It's a consolidation option.

If you want the set bonus from both items then continue to use both items.

If you want to keep the spell absorption option from the Mantle then keep on using the mantle.

If you want to keep the luck bonus from the Voice then keep on using the voice.

Is this really a contentious issue? If you want to use epic level gear this will be useful, if you're a level 5 then it won't be.

Use it or don't use it but for the love of lolth let's accept that nothing has been removed from you. An option has been added that you may not personally see as beneficial just yet ... but you might in the future with a bit more experience.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council

I suppose that has some appeal, but for a frequent TR:
    <snip> <snippety> <snip>
    You had me at TR.

But if we're comparing perspectives as long suffering players, I'm a triple completionist and here's my reply.

If you're seriously concerned by this then just don't do it. If it really causes you pain to use this option then don't do it.

If however you want to have one of these new fangled options to transfer a 5% XP bonus onto any item then maybe just trade in the Voice and Mantle you currently have, re-run Delera and Threnal to replace your lost items, and then continue on as before. You'll get zero xp for re-running these at 20 or 25 or whatever so your "old" voice and mantle would have been useless anyway.

Is this really too much to expect from our dedicated playerbase these days?
    Last edited by Deadlock; 05-22-2013 at 06:30 PM.

Use it or don't use it but for the love of lolth let's accept that nothing has been removed from you. An option has been added that you may not personally see as beneficial just yet ... but you might in the future with a bit more experience.
    Clear-headed sensible logic has no place in these forums. Please, sir, refrain from inflicting anymore upon us

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council

Clear-headed sensible logic has no place in these forums. Please, sir, refrain from inflicting anymore upon us
    I humbly apologise.

Have I already mentioned that I can't call my owlbear companion Huge Hooters?
    Last edited by Deadlock; 05-22-2013 at 06:34 PM.

Community Member

One trick many crafters have learned is that you can make crafted BTA items instead of BTC items. You take an un-named BTC item (from the sharn quests for example) and use that for crafting. I have among other items a BTA heavy fort ring ML 7. I wonder if this works for this as well (or other slotted arguments)?

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council

Quote Originally Posted by beta1 View Post
    One trick many crafters have learned is that you can make crafted BTA items instead of BTC items. You take an un-named BTA item (from the sharn quests for example) and use that for crafting. I have among other items a BTA heavy fort ring ML 7. I wonder if this works for this as well (or other slotted arguments)?
    Fixed that for you. BTA items remain BTA when you craft onto them.

This helps you benefit from the Cannith crafting stuff without overflowing your bank and inventory space with BTC trash.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast