Community Member

Default SOMEONE HELP ME, how do I actually start this game and create a character?!?!?!

I've made an account, logged in and everything but I can't find an option to actually create a character. And no one else appears to have had this problem. ANY help would be great right now :S

Community Member

On the character selection screen I believe there's a bug with the visibility of some buttons if you're running DX10 or 11. From the options drop DirectX down to 9 and restart the client.

This is assuming you don't think this is a web-based game and have actually downloaded and installed the client. If not, do that first.

Community Member

Thanks I've definitely downloaded it (because it took about 3 hours :S), but where will I find the options to drop to 9? Because I can't work out how to do it :S

Community Member

Once you've logged into a server and have the character selection screen the Options button is on the lower left (assuming it's displaying, hmm...). From there it's the Graphics button on the right of the Options window, and Graphics Hardware Level dropdown menu in the list of options. The "Create" button should then be on the lower right, assuming this works after you restart the client.

Erm, if the Options button isn't there either, from the launcher options (the single downward pointing arrow in the upper right corner of its window), try the Repair tab and reset the display setting.