Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Reply if you will not buy the Shadowfell Expansion due to new bugs

I really want to buy the new Expansion, but it seems I was lucky to read about the new bugs from U18 first. I just can't spend the money knowing more things are broken while there is a list of things still to fix. If you have a similar reaction, please just post a quick reply so I can essentially get a poll. No particular issues need to be stated. Just "Not buying new stuff 'til the old is fixed" so there is one collected thread with a nice simple count for Warner Bros accountants to see. Unfortunately, I don't think enough people post to the Forums to make that number big enough for the WB to give a cr**, but I'll give this a try anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by JLintheForum View Post
    I really want to buy the new Expansion, but it seems I was lucky to read about the new bugs from U18 first. I just can't spend the money knowing more things are broken while there is a list of things still to fix. If you have a similar reaction, please just post a quick reply so I can essentially get a poll. No particular issues need to be stated. Just "Not buying new stuff 'til the old is fixed" so there is one collected thread with a nice simple count for Warner Bros accountants to see. Unfortunately, I don't think enough people post to the Forums to make that number big enough for the WB to give a cr**, but I'll give this a try anyway.
    Given what I'm seeing in game... Turbine won't have many issues. People are buying.. bugs and all.
    Magical Rings are well... magical. - Gandalf

Community Member

I wont pre-order as U18 is snail excrement.

I have until August 19 to decide whether or not to buy the expansion.

I do not care about the "beta" access.

Turbine disabled the "remember login" option so it looks like there are less people complaining.

Community Member

Uh.. no. No way in hell I'd preorder anything at this point, and I probably won't look at it again until it's been out a while.

We got two mediocre quests in the update, with a third only playable through preorder. I understand it, but that doesn't make it any less of a **** move.

We also got a whole lot of preorder fluff. Like skill tomes, which would be useful for UMD, but.. that's not a preorder option. People who don't bother to read past the big print are already complaining about that one.

And of course the usual flood of borked stuff and bugs that were pointed out on Lama and not fixed, plus the usual glut of unforseen bugs.

Oh, and I guess owlbears. Bears with the heads of owls. I love classic D&D, but that ship sailed here long ago.

Turbine is not getting another dime from me is any way, shape, or form until they fix casters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Philam View Post
    I nominate you as head developer of DDO!
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    That tears it. I need to get a donkey.
    Concentrated power is the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

My reason for not ordering right now is partly because of bugs but also because most likely it will go on sale like MOtU at some point. I got the more expensive MOtU pack for half price when I purchased it. I figure I don't really care about the cosmetics and would rather wait and hopefully save some money.
    Last edited by MiniKobold; 05-22-2013 at 05:06 PM.

The way I see it they fixed some things like invisibility and they broke some things like spell power +. Some of the things they broke now they will probably fix soon before the expansion goes live, they have almost 3 months

My opinion is that pre ordering it even though the bugs exist, will give players something to do. For example trying the paladin or the owlbear companion. It's better that they did this now instead of a month later, because people had already started complaining, wanting new things and moving to other games.

[QUOTE=Ykt;5005963]I have until August 19 to decide whether or not to buy the expansion.

^This....but....I'm sorry but I probably will buy it before August 19th....I just love the game!!
    Never underestimate the power of Chocolate!
    Spiritfires, Spiritryder, Spiritbasher, Spirittanker, Spiritlite and Spiritwarper
    House Xorlarrin Sarlona

buy it? Jesus you know how much tp ive got sitting there from just random alts from months back? It's not like theirs anything worth while buying from the store. Unless your some wacko hell bent of hella farming billions of xp week after week.

And yes I have seen a few of em that can actually do it. Sanity somewhat still in tact.
    Through avarice, evil smiles; through insanity, it sings.

I wish they gave us some real stuff as part of the pre order pack

2k turbine points and the epic tome are nice, but the motu gave a lesser tome for every character. Wheres the lesser epic tome for every character with this pre order?

Also, motu expansion gave a lot more TP's than this measly 2000

All the cosmetic stuff stinks, and the iconic characters are an epic bust.

When you let me TR into an iconic character, then I'll think its ok. At this point in time, take your iconics and throw it in the garbage, thanks.
    Cetus Heroic Lives: #32/32 | Epic Completionist: #20/24 | Iconic Lives: #6/6
    Cetusz - Pure Sorcerer: Heroic Lives: #24/24 | Epic Lives: #6/12 | Iconic Lives: #1/3
    YouTube Channel HERE
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

Community Member

Default Not buying

Technically I'm not buying because of old bugs, but not buying because of new bugs is close enough.

I've spent hundreds on this game with no regrets, but I'm not spending more until I see a huge improvement in quality. Promises no longer cut it, too many broken in the past.

And this is my first login since forum changes, single account is a huge disincentive for me.
    I'm only an occasional player since ShadowFell, please forgive me if I'm not up to speed on anything that's changed since then.

Is there even a new raid in this expansion?

I don't get it - devs, you want us to pay you for these packs, but you give us NOTHING. You think a few little companions that can play dead and some useless iconics that can't at all be serious toons will make us pay the extra money?

No raid announcement, the enhancements are free anyway - since it impacts all characters, and the epic tome is probably DDO store material.

Why, exactly, did you even bother with all this useless fluff?
    Cetusz - Pure Sorcerer: Heroic Lives: #24/24 | Epic Lives: #6/12 | Iconic Lives: #1/3
    YouTube Channel HERE

Quote Originally Posted by Cetus View Post

2k turbine points and the epic tome are nice, but the motu gave a lesser tome for every character. Wheres the lesser epic tome for every character with this pre order?

Also, motu expansion gave a lot more TP's than this measly 2000

All the cosmetic stuff stinks, and the iconic characters are an epic bust.

When you let me TR into an iconic character, then I'll think its ok. At this point in time, take your iconics and throw it in the garbage, thanks.
    Pretty much my sentiments exactly. We really do not get anything useful out of the expansion as far as I see it, or better put, worth the 90 bucks or so that the best package costs. I want to see a lot more for me to part with 90 bucks. I am also very disappointed VIP's get nothing extra out of this.
    Cully Clonk, Culpepper Cleric, Culpeppa PvP spec Cleric, Azygoz Clogue
    Coyle evoker FvS, Ungoliant, Assassin, Angainor, WF Lord of Blades FvS
    Mellkor Wizard, Ferrari WF Sorc, ***Argonnessen*** ~~Ascent~~

Quote Originally Posted by Cetus View Post

You do get a lesser epic tome for every character if you purchase the "Legendary Upgrade".
    The Old Timers Guild
    www.oldtimersguild.com
    >> Open to the Public! <<
    Founder #2231
    PROUD MEMBER OF MOURNLANDS

Thumbs down if at least there was some content in the xpack...

not even worried about bugs that much...

but with what they announced so far? two chains and no raids announcement... meh

no way in hell i will preorder it.... and after playing the prequel quests... srlys...

MOTU had some decent prequel, even got me a bit hyped to buy the xpack, this one just plain sucks...

Quote Originally Posted by AnubisPrime View Post
    You do get a lesser epic tome for every character if you purchase the "Legendary Upgrade".
    Oh, for 90 bucks - I just noticed that.

lol - 90 bucks?
    YouTube Channel HERE

I expect DDO will implode after the enhancement redesign goes live, if the current state of it is any indication.

I'll not spend any money on buying anything until after the enhancement redesign has proven itself viable, just in case.
    If your "Known Issues" list needs a freaking scroll bar, then one of you needs to go.

Community Member

I can deal with bugs here and there, but I have zero chance of putting another dime in this game unless at a minimum, the expansion pass gets completely redone in a manner more in line with DDOs heritage and strengths. The direction the game has taken is rapidly eroding my interest in it. In a relatively short period of time it has gone from a game I spend a lot of time on, to one in which I only occasionally log on to play with RL friends for the social aspect (once every week or two). I've lost all interest in character building/development, grinding for equipment, xp / lives progression, you name it.

I suppose it happens with any game, but I can't help but shake the feeling that it didn't have to happen like this, that Turbine has accelerated this by horribly misjudging its player base.

2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ykt View Post
    I have until August 19 to decide whether or not to buy the expansion.

This, especially as from past experience ( MotU ) Beta access means nothing, what is seen in beta ( bugs included ) will be what will be put live.
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast