Default Great job on cosmetic armors!

Love:
    permanency aspect
    one-click free preview anywhere in game
    variety
    concept

Not crazy about the price, but shrug. At least there are avenues to get them for free.

Great job devs!
    Character Compendium

Community Member Ironclans_evil_twin's Avatar

same cr@p no new hats, they left out shield cosmetics, and the "new" same as the old cosmetics costs more than armor kits which are perversely still available in the store.

Good lord any decent artist using a skin template could have 20 or 30 new hats, at least 10 different shades/color variations of each hat, inside of a week. I wonder if they even have a skin artist on staff?

Put a item in the store that takes the appearance of an in game armor (Dragon hide for example, because I hate the skirt that comes on Medium Dragonscale) and destroys the base armor but gives you a cosmetic.

How hard can this be? People have been asking for this since forever. Now they're so close that it's hilarious the new system didn't ship with this feature.

Sell me that clickie Turbine, 1000tps I buy 6 or 8 of them without hesitating.

I'm fine with the higher cost as it will never need to be replaced or updated unless I want another different skin and then I still have the old one as well, which is bta and can be transferred around freely and used even on lowbie gear that I would never normally spend TP on.

As this new cosmetic system is permanent and transferable, I feel it's perfectly acceptable for them to be priced higher.

I really hope they make the most of this new system by adding many more options to the store and also as rare or favor related in game drops.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Quote Originally Posted by redspecter23 View Post
    I'm fine with the higher cost as it will never need to be replaced or updated unless I want another different skin and then I still have the old one as well, which is bta and can be transferred around freely and used even on lowbie gear that I would never normally spend TP on.

As this new cosmetic system is permanent and transferable, I feel it's perfectly acceptable for them to be priced higher.

I really hope they make the most of this new system by adding many more options to the store and also as rare or favor related in game drops.
    I also am okay with higher cost relative to kits, but the range started out too high for the kits and these are higher on top of that. You can sell one for 700 TP's but maybe the same person would buy 3 at 300 tps considering the actual cost of the item is somewhere to the right of a decimal place, and the profit margin is nearly 100% (the only costs are manhours spent on art and code, which over thousands of the same item sold amount to nearly nothing). Either way the person in charge of DDO's store pricing apparently doesn't understand business to well, and somehow doesn't know the axiom "better a quick nickle than a slow dime" he or she is selling things with trival development costs, and ZERO COGS, zero packaging so trivial deliverables costs. Selling 3 costumes for 900 TPS's to the person who will only buy 1 when it costs 700 is a complete no brainer when each costume costs 0.001th of a penny

What I want is for them to expand the currently very disappointing selection so I have a chance in hell of actually making my characters look how I want them to.

I do like that they abandoned the confusing and arbitrary requirement to make each kit look different on different base armors. Now if they'll just add shield cosmetics and expand hats beyond the paltry slim pickings and even worse color ranges.

Why isn't there a red Cowl hood? Why no white Ninja mask, or light tan (Shinobi anyone?) or white cowl hood? (cool look with white dragon scale) let alone our pointy wizard hat... where did that go? I saw it in a lam screenshot but it's not available in the store.
    Last edited by Ironclans_evil_twin; 05-22-2013 at 06:52 PM.

Question for anyone who has dished out $$ on the new cosmetics: can we put a robe on a heavy armor and vice-versa or does it still have to match the armor type you're wearing?
    DDO-Europe 2006/2010 - Aureon/Keeper

I'm blunt as a rock and can seem aggressive because of it. Be aware of that when reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussir View Post
    Question for anyone who has dished out $$ on the new cosmetics: can we put a robe on a heavy armor and vice-versa or does it still have to match the armor type you're wearing?
    You can put any look on any armor something they should be applauded for finally doing. At least now something that looks good as heavy armor but rubbish (paper halloween costume/Spandex look) as a robe or outfit, can look good on any character.

only thing that i don't like is that there is no goddamn way to convert unused armor kits to cosmetic armor...