Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    You released 2 new free to play quests, plus one more only available to those who bought the preorder, knowing that if players didn't have a toon parked in evening star or a key to the city, they likely couldn't play the new stuff as the only gateway from Eberron was broken.
    I soloed through the quest on hNormal with an above level gold seal hire, the L17 owlbear and the L20 panther (to avoid breaking my elite bravery streak) and had no problems whatsoever. Parked the hires at the silver flame while I went spider hunting and ended up using about half a dozen wards from their kills to light the torches. Most of the spinner fighting took place at or near the silver flame.

Cordovan might be right that it is a speed of damage issue. But, it might not be awesome damage. Since I relied on the hires to do most of the spinner damage my DPS rate was especially low.

OTOH, as with all things Turbine, I suspect that they have no real idea why it broke -- only that saying something will quell the greater part of the masses.

Quote Originally Posted by jessman615 View Post
    epic spinner of shadows is bugged. After lighting 4 wards, the spinner bugs out and either hangs around (making it unable to be complete), or runs around with web hanging out( also making it unable to progress or be completed). Even though most items are probably not worth making epic, some are imo. If not just for the accomplishment or self gratification lol. Anyways shards are unattainable for this chain, until it is fixed. This carried over from preview after being reported numerous times. Not sure if it is bugged on heroic, as i have yet to test it.
    wai

Community Member

Sitting inside, its bugged. Have reported and now we wait for DM

I just bought Shadowfell and now I cant play until they fix this quest!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZTBt7oar9w

Quote Originally Posted by Luadrilae View Post
    (ETA) So try not taking out the owlbear in Spinner, and see if that helps. Or if somebody had it bug out without an owlbear summoned it may be good to mention so this theory can be ruled out.
    Had it bugged 3 times with no owlbears in sight.

Quote Originally Posted by Theboz View Post
    What worked for us yesterday, we let the spinner sit in the silver flame in the middle taking damage. We did not fight her until we were on the last round of spiders.
    We bugged out using that method.

We completed it on heroic casual with a normal hireling. We were simply trying the method of not hurting her too much too quickly... and keeping her out of the silver flame. It worked for us.
    kruemeli of Orien - Leader of the "Merry" Hobbits https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...20#post5002220
    It is okay to be "merry": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjOOKb-DFZs
    I just Keep quiet and think.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYP8M06A8W0

Don't know if it works on epic, but I was able to complete today after someone suggested we not light any of the wards until we had enough to light them all.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by AlmGhandi View Post
    We were simply trying the method of not hurting her too much too quickly... and keeping her out of the silver flame. It worked for us.
    Worked for me too, noticed the holy flame stack goes up to >10, those were the times she bugged out in previous try

I don't know if this helps, but my husband has a theory (and I think he could be right) that something with the owlbears is causing the glitches in quests. We've had Spinner glitch on us twice (on hard) both times with the owlbears out. And yesterday I was running favour quests in Korthos and pulled out my owlbear, and twice quests wouldn't complete when everything was done (the Warehouse secret, did everything but it didn't mark off when I opened the door with the key, and.. what's it called, the tomb one... everything was checked off on the list, last altar destroyed, treasure chest open.. and it wouldn't complete.)

The only thing that I had the same is that each time I had the owlbear out. It worked fine other times I had the owlbear out, but every quest I've had bug out since the update were ones I was using the owlbear in.

I hope that helps find the bug. ^_^

(ETA) So try not taking out the owlbear in Spinner, and see if that helps. Or if somebody had it bug out without an owlbear summoned it may be good to mention so this theory can be ruled out.
    No had a owlbear. Its about how fast she gets damaged.
    Member of Mythical

Had it bug for us several times yesterday, despite taking it slow.

GM responded after some wait and was helpful in completing it for us so our guildmate could get to Eveningstar.
    Devourer ate my characters.

Still bugged (especially during a +2 Loot weekend!!!!)

Not convinced that it's a damage issue. Duo'd it on Epic Hard with my wife (full monk) and my gimp/flavor 18Cleric/2Arty. I don't know that you can get much slower damage-wise than a gimpy/flavor build. I sent my wife on the collection portion while I stayed near the flame and tanked her. She tripped out after a few pew-pews of my repeater.

Shame that it won't get fixed before the +2 loot runs out (or that they'll bring back +loot when it is fixed in a month or so)

Lost in my imagination.... or sometimes just living in Canada..

Hmm, its not the owlbear then. It sounded like a good potential theory but I can write that one off then.

I'll try the different attacking method on Spinner and hope that works next time, I still have a few characters I'm trying to get through to FR for the new quests. There are still other quests bugging too... in a different way though of objectives not being checked off/counted when done, or completion just not happening.
    (Formally known as Luadrilae)

Phaeshalee likes you. Yes... you.
    My deviantART gallery

Community Member

Bugged on me with my Iconic BF Paladin. 16th level. No hireling besides a cleric on defensive. She was running around with a web up to the ceiling bouncing up and down until I killed all the spiders and then she just stayed up. Had to recall out. I'll try again when I feel like wasting time and energy.No way it is from 'killing her too quick'.

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    *Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

Community Member

Twice and I didn't even waste money on an owlbear.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke-H- View Post
    Had it bug for us several times yesterday, despite taking it slow.

GM responded after some wait and was helpful in completing it for us so our guildmate could get to Eveningstar.
    Had it bug out after 4 torches, put in a ticket and got a response from a GM in less than 5 minutes and he completed it for me. Was probably the quickest run of spinner I have done.

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

My group tried every trick in this thread. The Spinner bugged out every time. We lost an entire evening in this stupid quest... My decision NOT to buy the new pack was right
    Good work Turbine!

Edit: we even called a GM. No one showed up after 1 hour of waiting.

Completed successfully, using suggestion posted uptopic. Basically had a level 18 Bladeforged so no key and no way to get to Eveningstar unless Spinner was completed. Failed two attempts with full group on elite. Soloed on heroic casual just for flag, using parked panther to avoid breaking bravery. Didn't hit the Spinner of Shadows at all, and only used DOT from flame guardian in center to progress the quest.

Forget the loot and xp if you need to get to Eveningstar and take the casual way out there.
    Frets warchanter ¤ Incise ranger ¤ Tiagan druid ¤ Carpal monk ¤ Thwart swashbuckler ¤ Humbucking trapper ¤ Hemolytic paladin ¤ Coercive warlock ¤ Unhealer cleric
    Leader, ~Elite Raiders~ of Khyber ...

Quote Originally Posted by LawfulGood View Post
    Completed successfully, using suggestion posted uptopic. Basically had a level 18 Bladeforged so no key and no way to get to Eveningstar unless Spinner was completed. Failed two attempts with full group on elite. Soloed on heroic casual just for flag, using parked panther to avoid breaking bravery. Didn't hit the Spinner of Shadows at all, and only used DOT from flame guardian in center to progress the quest.

Forget the loot and xp if you need to get to Eveningstar and take the casual way out there.
    We tried that way, unsuccessfully. We used only the DOT from the flame guardian to damage it. After a while the spinner started running around like an headless chicken and no more spider or demons spawned. We gathered 30 ward crystals and no more.

Community Member

Do not let her take more than 4 stacks of holy flame, aim for just 1 stack tho, 100% success using this method so far, ~10 run, one even on EE
    Last edited by Sir_L0LL0; 05-28-2013 at 07:44 PM.

Community Member Ironclans_evil_twin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NexusKnight View Post
    We tried that way, unsuccessfully. We used only the DOT from the flame guardian to damage it. After a while the spinner started running around like an headless chicken and no more spider or demons spawned. We gathered 30 ward crystals and no more.
    helped complete for 3 in our party that wanted to get to eveningstar, played quest trying to damager only enough to progress quest almost only silver flame damaging her. She bugged out about half way and we all put in GM tickets. Was completed by GM a few minutes later.

People who are waiting hours.... Did you accidentally bug report instead of ticket it? someone in our party bug reported it instead of sending a ticket. This is my second pleasant and reasonable GM interaction over a known quest bug. took maybe 10 minutes?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12