Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Exclamation epic spinner of shadows is bugged

Epic spinner of shadows is bugged. After lighting 4 wards, the spinner bugs out and either hangs around (making it unable to be complete), or runs around with web hanging out( also making it unable to progress or be completed). Even though most items are probably not worth making epic, some are Imo. If not just for the accomplishment or self gratification lol. Anyways shards are unattainable for this chain, until it is fixed. This carried over from preview after being reported numerous times. Not sure if it is bugged on heroic, as i have yet to test it.

Default Heroic is as well!!

It appears that the heroic lvl quests are also having similar problems.......Wow I wonder what else they broke!! I know it was fine two days ago I did it on both difficulties. You have to laugh....../sobs quietly in the corner.
    Never underestimate the power of Chocolate!
    Spiritfires, Spiritryder, Spiritbasher, Spirittanker, Spiritlite and Spiritwarper
    House Xorlarrin Sarlona

This is a new Known Issue that isn't related to it being Epic or Heroic. Rather, it can be caused by doing too much damage too quickly to the Spinner of Shadows.

In other words: stop being so awesome! Seriously, though, this is a known issue we're working to fix.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Red face Too Slow....Sobs Again!!

How embarrasing.....I am officially TOO SLOW, it appears I only managed to complete this quest because I didn't manage to kill the Spinner QUICKLY....I am officially a Flower Sniffer!!
    Never underestimate the power of Chocolate!
    Spiritfires, Spiritryder, Spiritbasher, Spirittanker, Spiritlite and Spiritwarper
    House Xorlarrin Sarlona

Community Member

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    This is a new Known Issue that isn't related to it being Epic or Heroic. Rather, it can be caused by doing too much damage too quickly to the Spinner of Shadows.

In other words: stop being so awesome! Seriously, though, this is a known issue we're working to fix.
    okay hopefully the kinks get worked out sooner than later. Can't help if my repeater over shoots lol. will try again later thanks for reply to my thread Cordovan gl with bug fix . the silver flame appears to affect spinner too . she bugs out everytime so far. Gonna be hard for people to get to Eveningstar if this main quest to get there bugs out every time.
    Last edited by jessman615; 05-22-2013 at 05:02 PM. Reason: new info

I'm not sure if doing too much damage too quickly can be the only cause. I went in there solo (with a hire who did nothing) on a rather gimpy Monk/Druid and she still bugged out. This character has never been mistaken for serious DPS.

Fortunately a helpful GM came along and just completed the quest for me, which is all I really wanted.
    Orien Player: Semirasai, ~3~ L28 Drow Wizard :: Kaethe, ~5~ L13 Halfling Barb/Bard/Rog :: Esthera, ~2~ L26 Human Favored Soul
    Sophiae, L20 Drow Bard :: Kitarina, L20 Half-Orc Fighter :: Aadia, L20 Half-Elf Sorcerer :: Olesia, ~2~ L15 Sun Elf Cleric/Monk

Community Member

Lightbulb

tried just blocking and doing nothing but lighting wards after 2 to 4 wards spinner becomes unresponsive, which in this case means that the silver flame9only thing damaging her), is having an adverse affect on the spinner and glitching the quest.

Smile

FYI - my Gamer Girl tried this three times on EN, hitting her more softly each time, never was able to complete the quest.

Ok, as I saw no mention of this in the release notes, I have to ask...

You released 2 new free to play quests, plus one more only available to those who bought the preorder, knowing that if players didn't have a toon parked in evening star or a key to the city, they likely couldn't play the new stuff as the only gateway from Eberron was broken.

Why not put this in the release notes?
    Especially as the release notes did include an incentive to run this quest in particular with the listing of (substantially, ty!) improved drop rates on epic ings.

Had you listed the issue, with the knowledge that it seems to come from damaging her too fast, we could have prepared for this, resulting in less consumption of GM resources, and less player frustration.

Seriously, why?
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

Just tried again. I don't know how to hit her more lightly. Most of the time, only the Panther was hitting her.

But no. Had to recall.

Not sure if this helps or not but had the same issue earlier.

Only difference being, 1st run we were holding shards(bugged), second run(completed) we placed them as we collected them.
    SidekickzDysmoniaEilisia PSSC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZTBt7oar9w

Quote Originally Posted by Slink View Post
    Not sure if this helps or not but had the same issue earlier.

Only difference being, 1st run we were holding shards(bugged), second run(completed) we placed them as we collected them.
    so People are still occasionally completing...
    kruemeli of Orien - Leader of the "Merry" Hobbits https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...20#post5002220
    It is okay to be "merry": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjOOKb-DFZs
    I just Keep quiet and think.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYP8M06A8W0

All right, it sounds like there's more going on than the originally-known damage issue. Folks will be looking into it.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Community Member

Completed on epic casual today. Had to block and only use stones to dmg spinner, any other dmg glitches spinner. Solo artificer.

May have something to do with sharadi prism stance. First 2 times active, last time not active.

A buddy of mine and I just completed on casual after bugging five or so times. We tried everything we could think of, and what finally worked was fighting her away from the flame in the middle directly under one of the cracks in the ceiling. She ended up getting sucked up in to the crack when she was supposed to, instead of bouncing off the ceiling and trailing a spiderweb from her backside. This might not work for everyone, but I thought I'd mention it since I hadn't seen anyone else say it.
    Akori-Fighter Iroka-Sorcerer Censured-Rogue Isilti-Cleric Tony-Sorcerer Duress-Cleric Elaril-Fighter Avatard-Fighter Mitigation-Paladin Loose-Bard Shiken-Fighter Unreasonably-Barbarian Jueh-Monk

What worked for me was waiting until she triggered the events before sending her into the ceiling. So it goes something like this:

Enter Chamber and get Bound while she blathers on.
    Run around and kill the 7 spiders that initially spawn.
    Beat on the Spinner until she spawns additional spiders and runs away but is still able to be damaged.
    Avoid damaging the spinner while killing freshly spawned spiders and demons.
    Wait until she calls in the hezrou to patrol the wings.
    Attack Spinner until she leaps into the ceiling.

Kill spiders and hezrou until spinner comes back.
    Beat on the Spinner until she spawns additional spiders and runs away but is still able to be damaged.
    Avoid damaging the spinner while killing spiders, demons, and hezrou.
    Wait until she calls the horde of tiny spiders and several Hezrou to kill the flame.
    Attack Spinner until she leaps into the ceiling.

Save the flame by killing spiders and hezrou.
    Kill additional spiders and demons in the wings until Spinner comes back.
    Avoid damaging the spinner while killing freshly spawned spiders and demons.
    Finish lighting the wards and watch the show.

If at any point in time you see the Spinner just hanging out as an unattackable NPC in one of the wings then things have gone wrong and you should request GM assistance.

Quote Originally Posted by BladeZero View Post
    ... request GM assistance.
    Im in a Party and we tried the things listed. Twice.
    Now we are waiting for a GM because the Spinner is bugged out.
    The Silver Flame Guardian is still talking.

Is it typical of turbine... to produce Content in the forgotten realms and then disable the quests we have to do in order to get over there?
    kruemeli of Orien - Leader of the "Merry" Hobbits https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...20#post5002220

What worked for us yesterday, we let the spinner sit in the silver flame in the middle taking damage. We did not fight her until we were on the last round of spiders.
    Member of Mythical

Quote Originally Posted by Theboz View Post
    What worked for us yesterday, we let the spinner sit in the silver flame in the middle taking damage. We did not fight her until we were on the last round of spiders.
    Ah! ok we shall try that today and see how it works for us!

Lost in my imagination.... or sometimes just living in Canada..

All right, it sounds like there's more going on than the originally-known damage issue. Folks will be looking into it.

I don't know if this helps, but my husband has a theory (and I think he could be right) that something with the owlbears is causing the glitches in quests. We've had Spinner glitch on us twice (on hard) both times with the owlbears out. And yesterday I was running favour quests in Korthos and pulled out my owlbear, and twice quests wouldn't complete when everything was done (the Warehouse secret, did everything but it didn't mark off when I opened the door with the key, and.. what's it called, the tomb one... everything was checked off on the list, last altar destroyed, treasure chest open.. and it wouldn't complete.)

The only thing that I had the same is that each time I had the owlbear out. It worked fine other times I had the owlbear out, but every quest I've had bug out since the update were ones I was using the owlbear in.

I hope that helps find the bug. ^_^

(ETA) So try not taking out the owlbear in Spinner, and see if that helps. Or if somebody had it bug out without an owlbear summoned it may be good to mention so this theory can be ruled out.
    Last edited by Luadrilae; 05-26-2013 at 12:17 PM. Reason: forgot to add something
    (Formally known as Luadrilae)

Phaeshalee likes you. Yes... you.
    My deviantART gallery

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast