Default Spinner of Shadows bugged

Approximately two torches into the main fight the Spinner goes into perma-NPC mode and jumps up and down off the ceiling with an unsightly strand of web protruding from her abdomen. No other mobs spawn and the quest cannot be completed.
    ͡ᵢᵥ
    ֖ ֥ You have angered many opponents, and your enemies have been alerted to the presence of your trolling.
     ͜‴

Community Member

Default Still bugged.

Still bugged, at least on hard mode. After the spinner calls for the second wave, she goes into NPC mode, wanders around for 5-10 minutes till attaching herself to the roof. Lighting more ward flames, killing the flame spiders still left, and even killing yourself by jumping into lava and then coming back will not rest the spinner. Got a ticket in and am waiting, will see what happens.

Any progress on this?

Trying to get a guildy flagged for eveningstar and getting this **** is annoying.

People can't play the new content if you have to get past a buggd quest to do so/

And a variety of other multiclassed toons without vowels thnk/r/s/rbll/sgmp

Community Member

After a couple of bugged tries, I managed to complete by only damaging her in the left hand caves (as you enter the prison). Otherwise she can't seem to web line up to the ceiling and gets stuck. This means only using the flame guardian's essences to make her vulnerable then dps her down.

I did not light any torches until I had them all but am unsure if this made any difference.

Hope this helps.
    Nyteshayde, Ivanya, Zynestria and Marilee, Angels of Darkness, Cannith.

Bugged as of last night still. Is there any verified way to get through this? I submitted a ticket last night but had to leave the instance due to expiring hirelings.
    Thelanis - Solo Artists (level 15 guild)
    Saihung - 16 Ranger : Narir - 12 Wizard: Doodlebrain Wisenhammer - 8 Paladin
    Fuirwyn HalfFull - 14 Rogue Mechanic: Nephtalia Treehugger - 6 Druid: Wusai - 6 Fighter

Community Manager

We will be closing the Spinner of Shadows quest when Update 18 Patch 1 is live. The patch includes a workaround so that running Spinner of Shadows is not necessary in order to get to Beyond the Rift, so we'll be closing this quest until we get this issue addressed in a more permanent fashion.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Euro-Founder and Keeper Refugee Dexraven's Avatar

so it may be "tricky" to complete epic items from that chain again

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We will be closing the Spinner of Shadows quest when Update 18 Patch 1 is live. The patch includes a workaround so that running Spinner of Shadows is not necessary in order to get to Beyond the Rift, so we'll be closing this quest until we get this issue addressed in a more permanent fashion.
    This is only a wild guess but I would say a vermin infestation is spreading throught the lower harbor, so near to the docks most probably a rat infestation ...

First they destroyed Baudry's warehouse
    Now the sister of Lloth flees to the cieling scared to be eaten by the zerging rats ...
    Tomorrow they'll need moar food, meatballs are on their way, fear for Inviders

Seriously, I want Baudry's back ... so Spinner

And I would really LOVE that I didn't have to login everytime I want to post a message, also would be LOVELY if I could login hitting the Login button instead of having to hit enter after password ... forums, well, hmmmpf, nevermind
    Under and behind and inside everything this man took for granted, something horrible had been growing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Thanks for the response, man...that was a pretty fun quest. The opening sequence was well done I thought.
    Thelanis - Solo Artists (level 15 guild)
    Saihung - 16 Ranger : Narir - 12 Wizard: Doodlebrain Wisenhammer - 8 Paladin
    Fuirwyn HalfFull - 14 Rogue Mechanic: Nephtalia Treehugger - 6 Druid: Wusai - 6 Fighter

I decided to try Spinner last night and was able to complete = glass half full

I must fail at DPS = glass half empty

In seriousness, thanks for providing a way for folks to make it over to Eveningstar in the mean time.
    Quote Originally Posted by 404error View Post
    there will always be bugs in DDO it will never be bug free at any point in its lifetime.