Community Member

Default Get your US dollars to Euro conversions right turbine

So I was chatting with a german friend who plays the game (he is on a break atm) and when I mentioned that the preorder for the shadowfell xpack was available he took a look and pointed out to me that the prices for Euros were borked.

Us dollars to Euros is currently:

1.2923 US dollars (for ease let's round to 1.29) to 1 Euro.

Collector's edition price in US dollars: 49.99

In Euros: 44.99

The actual price in euros should be about 38.8.....not 44.99

Now for standard edition pack:

US dollars: 29.99

Euros: 26.99

Euros should be 23.31.........

Seriously turbine fix this, you are overcharging those who are not using the currency of north america.....

https://www.google.ca/#safe=off&outp...cp.r_qf.&cad=b

handy link for converting

I'm sure the provider is throwing an average VAT in as well and/or a currency exchange fee, regardless if your country charges it or not.
    Hilarious Princess....Sorry your life is so medicore after all this time..Lol, you are scared of a farmer? with a tractor....?

Yup, looks like VAT for me.

Note : I didn't bother looking at the details of the Euro cost, as I have no idea of the content ( beside the fluff ) that's going to be there.
    Also, the fact that bugs seen in L-Space are still going live is really getting me...
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hokiewa View Post
    I'm sure the provider is throwing an average VAT in as well and/or a currency exchange fee, regardless if your country charges it or not.
    ********. It's the good old moneygrub routine that all these companies do all the time.

It's the reason I do not buy points any longer. In the past, you could pay $, and paypal did the conversion. Nowadays they do the conversion, but their calculators seem to be broken. Even with VAT it can not be an 1:1 conversion.

Quote Originally Posted by MiKe_de View Post
    ********. It's the good old moneygrub routine that all these companies do all the time.

It's the reason I do not buy points any longer. In the past, you could pay $, and paypal did the conversion. Nowadays they do the conversion, but their calculators seem to be broken. Even with VAT it can not be an 1:1 conversion.
    Unfortunately, it is.
    Calculations with VAT in my country (20%) give a slight profit (less than 1€) in Turbine's favor for standard package and a slight loss of profit (less than 1€) for the collector's package.
    I'd be happier with paypal doing the conversion too. I pay enough taxes as it is and then weep when I see how they're spent...