Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    A pure barbarian can UMD heal scrolls with a credit card!" ... do we really want to invite that amount of rage onto the forums?
    never heard about helf with cleric dilly? ._.

and yeah, that was a bad move turbine... (+2 tomes at the store? 450~tps, +1 umd? 650~ LOL)

Quote Originally Posted by QuartermasterX View Post
    The reason we kept UMD seperate from Skill Tomes is because we want to increase UMD at a slower pace than the other skills.
    This would have some merit, if the UMD tome was the same price as the rest of them

A umd tome is 500tp dearer than any other +1 skill tome.

You're money grabbing, plain and simple.

Don't try lie about it.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Quote Originally Posted by RightToRemainStupid View Post
    Just had a quick look at your posting history, after seeing a few of your posts in threads I've been looking at. You don't work for Turbine by any chance, do you?

Just checking.
    They couldn't afford me.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Quote Originally Posted by Davelfus View Post
    never heard about helf with cleric dilly? ._.

and yeah, that was a bad move turbine... (+2 tomes at the store? 450~tps, +1 umd? 650~ LOL)
    I've done more than heard about them, I've TR'd as them a few times Without UMD you end up with a 75% chance on Heal Scrolls.

Community Member

The reason we kept UMD seperate from Skill Tomes is because we want to increase UMD at a slower pace than the other skills.

With both of the Shadowfell Conspiracy pre-purchase editions, we included turbine points, which can certainly be used for a +1 UMD tome. Additionally, Skill tomes and +1 UMD tomes are now Daily Dice rewards.

Sorry for the confusion, but hope this info helps.
    If you really care about balancing, then you have to make the core component called "epic destinies" free for all players. You splitted the player base with this decision.

And allow all players to open dungeons on every level or throwing your streak modell into the garbage bin. Do you know how annoying and idiotic it is to hear: "I cannot go on this quest with you, because I would loose my streak!"

Otherwise do not come with such an explanation for such a minor thing like UMD.

Hero

With both of the Shadowfell Conspiracy pre-purchase editions, we included turbine points, which can certainly be used for a +1 UMD tome. Additionally, Skill tomes and +1 UMD tomes are now Daily Dice rewards.

Sorry for the confusion, but hope this info helps.
    On the preorder website, skill tomes are advertised as Bound to Account but they are in fact Bound to Character.
    U19 Kensei: Centered Cleaver | TR Junkie Leveling Framework

~Ying~ (10 lives), ~Hamada~(9 lives), ~Vadanken~ (6 lives), ~Kobeyashi~ (10 lives)
    Over Raided of Orien, First Level 100 Guild

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ddodoesitagain View Post
    What a bold faced lie.

You really are a cheeky s o b trying to pass that off the way you did
    That depends now is there a +2 or +3 UMD tome on the store(can't check now) ? If there isn't at least saying they want it to increase slower would make sense.
    That it's more expensive is obviously for money making, things that are more sought after people will pay more for. That again is kinda normal in capitalism though.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pandir View Post
    That depends now is there a +2 or +3 UMD tome on the store(can't check now) ? If there isn't at least saying they want it to increase slower would make sense.
    That it's more expensive is obviously for money making, things that are more sought after people will pay more for. That again is kinda normal in capitalism though.
    When they release +5 tomes in the store. Charge more for some stat tomes than the others because it isn't a stat, and it's the best one, and it's fair since it follows your logic, turbine. Thx.

If the skill tome could be used in UMD, I would probably more seriously consider pre ordering, but instead I'm going to wait to find out more about the expansion first.
    Aryk Stoutheart, Paladin - Sarlona
    Rindyl Twirliblade, Elven Swashbuckler - Sarlona
    Vyyndar Stoutheart, Vanguard Paladin - Argo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12