Community Member

Angry Why does Lamannia exist if you don't repair known issues before going live?

My thoughts - The vast majority of DDO players would prefer to wait until content is sufficiently developed that major disruptions don't occur when a patch goes live. The obvious choice is to have a test server, and honor the feedback you receive. Pushing half baked patches live has become the standard.

So today, I don't even plan on playing, because I expect thngs to go poorly. I log my cleric to find out whats broken, and look at the stats. Hmmnn, spellpowers way down, but that was a known issue, should be fixed. Not a chance. Aura's and heals are probably 45-60% of where they were before the patch, because spellpower is broken, crits are gone, and who knows what else changed. Equipment that should add 135 Sp adds 40. Turns out all casters are affected by the same problem. And this is one of many known issues pre-patch.

So, if turbine knew about it, why launch?

So why ask customers to spend their time writing bug reports and playing test servers when you aren't going to fix it anyhow?

I would like to hear a dev response to this question. I really would like a little feedback to know if I just expect to much, and should find another game, or if the developers understand that there is a problem that needs to be addressed here.

I don't need an explanation of why it was done, only that someone is aware that this is a problem and that the problem is being addressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Blessedwynd View Post
    My thoughts - The vast majority of DDO players would prefer to wait until content is sufficiently developed that major disruptions don't occur when a patch goes live. The obvious choice is to have a test server, and honor the feedback you receive. Pushing half baked patches live has become the standard.

So today, I don't even plan on playing, because I expect thngs to go poorly. I log my cleric to find out whats broken, and look at the stats. Hmmnn, spellpowers way down, but that was a known issue, should be fixed. Not a chance. Aura's and heals are probably 45-60% of where they were before the patch, because spellpower is broken, crits are gone, and who knows what else changed. Equipment that should add 135 Sp adds 40. Turns out all casters are affected by the same problem. And this is one of many known issues pre-patch.

So why ask customers to spend their time writing bug reports and playing test servers when you aren't going to fix it anyhow?

I would like to hear a dev response to this question. I really would like a little feedback to know if I just expect to much, and should find another game, or if the developers understand that there is a problem that needs to be addressed here.

I don't need an explanation of why it was done, only that someone is aware that this is a problem and that the problem is being addressed.
    Because mmo's are suppossed to have a test server, if they didn't have it they'd have bad pr, so it's better pr to have one and ignore it. Sad huh?

Because they like to pretend we're testing stuff and that they listen to us, to our feedback, to our bug reports...
    Last edited by Aussir; 05-22-2013 at 04:35 PM.
    DDO-Europe 2006/2010 - Aureon/Keeper

I'm blunt as a rock and can seem aggressive because of it. Be aware of that when reading my posts.

stupid forum decided to double my post
    Last edited by Aussir; 05-22-2013 at 04:35 PM.

I'm blunt as a rock and can seem aggressive because of it. Be aware of that when reading my posts.

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aussir View Post
    stupid forum decided to double my post
    I thought you were just testing the forums for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    I thought you were just testing the forums for them.
    I wish... then you wouldn't have had half the glitches and ******** color schemes...

Community Member moomooprincess's Avatar

Default I posted something like this under old forums

The amount of neg rep I received was interesting.
    Recipemaker Guild: Top Chef School of Recipes

Event Statistics: Risia, Festivult, Midwinter, Daily Dice, Mimic Hunt

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blessedwynd View Post

The answer is a simple one. They needed to release the xpack preorder to meet their financial quota. It's very likely that DDO is struggling, and the devs have the option of pushing out buggy content for a quick money infusion and fixing bugs later or closing the game.

I guess it's up to everyone to decide which is better.

I asked this question a couple of years ago.

The answer I got was that Lamannia was a preview server, not a beta server.

The beta server is Mournlands.
    If your "Known Issues" list needs a freaking scroll bar, then one of you needs to go.

Community Member

Default My guess

Quote Originally Posted by jalont View Post
    The answer is a simple one. They needed to release the xpack preorder to meet their financial quota. It's very likely that DDO is struggling, and the devs have the option of pushing out buggy content for a quick money infusion and fixing bugs later or closing the game.

I guess it's up to everyone to decide which is better.
    I don't think the game is doing poorly, if I had to guess supervisor bonuses are the problem, many places ive worked will do idiotic **** to get quick sales to get to the next tier of bonus before the date they are reset. Ive seen companies cost themselves millions so that it appears they did 5% better on paper so they can get better bonuses.

However, some business models, like this one, that kind of financial BS directly and obviously effects the customers, and you lose some of them every time.

Enjoy the bonuses, they'll be less next year with less players here to spend.

Lams sole purpose is to be a time sink on the levelization of chatacters on live servers to deter away from end game hopes of material.

Not that it matters since anything epic related is as dead as an amazon village in the way of a pipeline.
    Through avarice, evil smiles; through insanity, it sings.