Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by parowan View Post
    But can we keep instant recall?
    Recall is nice, but instant trap skills is so incredibly wonderful. You have no idea how happy it makes me to no longer have to stop to search/disable traps. Yes I'm a zerger and not everyone has the same pace as me, but it would be nice if trap skills were at least sped up, if not instant. I've been in many TR groups that simply don't bother disabling traps even if they have the skills, because it's too slow for the xp bonus it gives.

Now, I know the PrE pass will bring changes for instant search for certain race. But that thing seems to be scheduled after the second zombie apocalypse....

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by GermanicusMaximus View Post
    Instant recall from quest/wilderness is actually the best thing that Turbine has done for DDO this year. In fact, it is so good that if I had to choose between

1) instant recall and
    2) everything else added in Update 18 (even if we just included the intended changes, not the bugs)

I would opt to keep instant recall.

This being Turbine, we can be sure that instant recall will soon disappear.
    It is nice but I think that leaving it would add so much cheese potential that it would be bad for the game. However, the pleasure that everyone gets from quick release indicates to me that something should change with recall and finish to shorten the timer. I think we should make some suggestions on how to enable a significantly shorter recall without enabling the full cheese potential of the current bug.

Here is my suggestion for a compomise.

Drop the timer to 1/10 of its current duration if
    • there is no dungeon alert
    • no players in the party have mob agro

Other wise drop the timer to 1/2 of its current duration but while recalling/finishing, the player's AC drops to 0, and saves drop to 0 and if anything affects them the recall/finish is aborted.

Would that allow the quick recalls when its safe but avoid its usage to escape agro and other cheese situations?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    The interruptions can also make The Pit incompletable as well.
    You can add Necromancer's Doom to the list as well, which I found out today while drinking my morning cup of coffee. Fortunately, Necro's Doom is a short quest and it was no big deal to rerun it. I would have been annoyed if the problem would have appeared while running The Pit.

Given how wide spread "in progress" actions are in this game, it is likely that the list of quests which are potentially broken is fairly long. Soloing anything with respawns really does not seem very appealing at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by ahpook_online View Post
    It is nice but I think that leaving it would add so much cheese potential that it would be bad for the game. However, the pleasure that everyone gets from quick release indicates to me that something should change with recall and finish to shorten the timer. I think we should make some suggestions on how to enable a significantly shorter recall without enabling the full cheese potential of the current bug.

Here is my suggestion for a compomise.

Drop the timer to 1/10 of its current duration if
    • there is no dungeon alert
    • no players in the party have mob agro

Other wise drop the timer to 1/2 of its current duration but while recalling/finishing, the player's AC drops to 0, and saves drop to 0 and if anything affects them the recall/finish is aborted.

Would that allow the quick recalls when its safe but avoid its usage to escape agro and other cheese situations?
    I would agree that there are at least a few quests where "cheese" could be an issue. I'm not really sure how many there are, however. The more complicated we make the design, the less likely it is that it will be implemented anytime soon.

As has been previously noted, the recall timer is simply tedious, which is not a particularly good feature when there is another, newer D&D game on the market, which is going head to head with DDO, and by all accounts drawing away a non-trivial portion of the player base.

If I were designing this game, I would very carefully weigh how much I cared about a few "cheese" scenarios vs the amount of annoyance I am causing my customers on every quest they run.

I will ponder the situation some more while I farm 4,000 WF kills in Von5, 5 kills at a time before I recall. I could just farm 2,000 kills, but by all accounts I have seen the top level of hunter for WF is unattainable. I guess I could farm kills in the Cannith Manufactury, but the currently bugged spell power/crit issue with casters makes that annoying as well. 800 runs of the start of Von 5 with potentially 10 seconds per recall is a lot of free time to spend thinking about whether I should be spending my money on another game.

Quote Originally Posted by GermanicusMaximus View Post
    ...As has been previously noted, the recall timer is simply tedious, which is not a particularly good feature when there is another, newer D&D game on the market....
    The recall delay I always found strange, given that every other "intentionally tedious" factor of this game has had some form of purchasable item in the store to bypass it. Why no gold seal "recall timer bypass" shrine for the ship or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We are aware of this issue. There is no further need to submit bug reports on this. It's a priority to get a fix in for this. Thanks!
    WHY is this a priority???? Every single person I have discussed this with considers it a huge IMPROVEMENT over the old way of recalling and wants it kept.

There are dozens of bugs people have been asking, begging, to have fixed, repeatedly (combat archery for example, or any number of Spellpower bugs, etc) and THIS is your top priority?

Seriously, justify yourself because if this, which is a well-liked change, gets "fixed" in a matter of days while other bugs have been languishing for months or years, it is a slap in the face to players.

Off topic- exactly how close are you all to the sales target you have to hit before you will tell us what is/is not in the expansion?
    Last edited by Shmuel; 05-28-2013 at 03:58 PM. Reason: spelling
    Shmuel Xadin Xadins Errand Mohnster Yitzhak

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Shmuel View Post
    WHY is this a priority???? Every single person I have discussed this with considers it a huge IMPROVEMENT over the old way of recalling and wants it kept.

There are dozens of bugs people have been asking, begging, to have fixed, repeatedly (combat archery for example, or any number of Spellpower bugs, etc) and THIS is your top priority?

Seriously, justify yourself because if this, which is a well-liked change, gets "fixed" in a matter of days while other bugs have been languishing for months or years, it is a slap in the face to players.

Off topic- exactly how close are you all to the sales target you have to hit before you will tell us what is/is not in the expansion?
    Because it's likely tied to the other things with progress bars being auto completed instead of interrupted which breaks numerous quests if the thing being interrupted was a quest objective.

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    Because it's likely tied to the other things with progress bars being auto completed instead of interrupted which breaks numerous quests if the thing being interrupted was a quest objective.
    I suppose. But recall should be kept at zero. and if they can fix this bug they can fix others as well.
    Shmuel Xadin Xadins Errand Mohnster Yitzhak

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shmuel View Post
    I suppose. But recall should be kept at zero. and if they can fix this bug they can fix others as well.
    Technically, it may not be possible for it to be zero, as a progress bar may require a positive integer value. However, that would certainly include a value of "1", which would be an immense improvement over the currently WAI behavior of 10. That would be a simple change limited to altering a constant from 10 to 1 and recompiling, unless of course Turbine devs collectively failed Programming 101 and chose to hard code the value in every single piece of content

Of course, it is also a strong possibility that the progress bar accepts values in milliseconds, and 1 millisecond would be ever better.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12