Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default BUG: Instant recall from any instance

Any action that would normally interrupt a recall from a wilderness/quest instance results in instant recall from the instance. As much as I'd like to have instant recall, being able to interrupt it could save me from missing a few chests.

Quote Originally Posted by gk_zone View Post
    Any action that would normally interrupt a recall from a wilderness/quest instance results in instant recall from the instance. As much as I'd like to have instant recall, being able to interrupt it could save me from missing a few chests.
    This is not only recall bug. Many these "timer bars" can be shorten by interruption. For example deactivation of the force field in Servants of Overlord quest (optionals marked as challenge difficult).

Thelanis: Shewind the Airbender (Sorc20/Epic5 -> Bard20/Epic8 -> Rog20/Epic8/Epic2 -> Harper_FvS20/Epic4 -> Art19), Azaxe (Rog18/Wiz2 -> Sorc20/Epic6)

Wai

Community Member

Instant recall from quest/wilderness is actually the best thing that Turbine has done for DDO this year. In fact, it is so good that if I had to choose between

1) instant recall and
    2) everything else added in Update 18 (even if we just included the intended changes, not the bugs)

I would opt to keep instant recall.

This being Turbine, we can be sure that instant recall will soon disappear.

Community Member

Default Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by GermanicusMaximus View Post
    Instant recall from quest/wilderness is actually the best thing that Turbine has done for DDO this year.

You got that right. I can hardly be bothered to log on these days, mostly I only log on to test something for someone here on the forums to see if i can offer help/advice for them, but instant recall without the other quest failing bugs is certainly a winner in my book.
    Quote Originally Posted by Codog View Post
    [*]Small evolutionary change that can be completed in shorter stretches of time is more readily achieveable for us than large _revolutionary_ change. Revolutionary change can be rather destabilizing from an engineering and balance perspective.

OP, I will repeat myself here (as I have said in other threads). This is a bug, which means you need to bug report it, not post a notice on the forums. This bug has the potential for abuse, and posting such threads might flag you for posting exploits and getting banned. I am not trying to be negative. I am just trying to be helpful.

this is a bug? I actually like it and hope it stays. there are some quests with mobs outside the door that can agro you in a wilderness area and its annoying to have to fight them when you just want to recall out. or the same thing inside a quest when you want to leave but cant because of respawns or the quest went sideways and want to get out before you are killed too.
    Qhualor, the P2W ranter.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by samthedagger View Post
    This is a bug, which means you need to bug report it, not post a notice on the forums.
    You seem to be assuming that the bug reporting tool is actually allowing people to report bugs--it's not, at least for many, many people. I repeatedly get error messages that a new report cannot be created (this is after accessing bug report tool from outside the game, BTW; the in-game one is hopeless). Several of my guildies and other players in pugs reported the same problem.

After experiencing bug report failure, posting by myself and others to the forums the day U18 launched about one bug in particular (the HELF equipment bug for items that are Human/HELF only) got a fairly quick response from the devs to the forums acknowledging the issue and it got added to the Official Known Issues list. (Now, we just need it fixed!)

I say post away, you're doing a public service for the player base.
    Last edited by Bluenoser; 05-27-2013 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GermanicusMaximus View Post
    Instant recall from quest/wilderness is actually the best thing that Turbine has done for DDO this year. In fact, it is so good that if I had to choose between

1) instant recall and
    2) everything else added in Update 18 (even if we just included the intended changes, not the bugs)

I would opt to keep instant recall.

It might be fine in wilderness areas but it can cause quest bugs in others. As someone else said, it can happen with any timer bar. If a quest option has a lever or something that counts down and you are interrupted the lever gets switched but the quest doesnt recognize it and you cant complete.

Community Member

Assuming you haven't re-bound the rune-arm charge/fire from the left-alt key, that actually interrupts progress bars still.

Community Member

This is a bug, which means you need to bug report it, not post a notice on the forums.
    Agreed. If he bug reports it, it will be safely ignored like all other bug reports. If he mentions it on the forums, some dev may stumble upon it and fix it, since it is leading to increased player enjoyment of the game. Bad player! Bad!

Quote Originally Posted by lugoman View Post
    It might be fine in wilderness areas but it can cause quest bugs in others. As someone else said, it can happen with any timer bar. If a quest option has a lever or something that counts down and you are interrupted the lever gets switched but the quest doesnt recognize it and you cant complete.
    Yes, I know, which is why I specifically mentioned the instant recall portion of it. The general bug needs to be fixed, but there is no reason why the instant recall feature cannot be preserved. Well, except for the general increased player enjoyment factor.

There's a quest in Delera's Graveyard where you have to light funeral pyres that can be rendered incompletable by this bug.
    If your "Known Issues" list needs a freaking scroll bar, then one of you needs to go.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Antheal View Post
    There's a quest in Delera's Graveyard where you have to light funeral pyres that can be rendered incompletable by this bug.

Put the hireling on it and attack spawns, helped some anyway.

OP, I will repeat myself here (as I have said in other threads). This is a bug, which means you need to bug report it, not post a notice on the forums. This bug has the potential for abuse, and posting such threads might flag you for posting exploits and getting banned. I am not trying to be negative. I am just trying to be helpful.
    Sorry, but Devs should read forums too. It calls feedback.

I expect that devs already received a lot of similar reports. This is only excuse. Exploitation of the bug by more and more players gives to Devs the big motivation to fix this bug ASAP! (and other bugs)

I am not trying to be negative. I am just trying to be helpful
    Last edited by Wanesa; 05-28-2013 at 02:16 AM.

Thelanis: Shewind the Airbender (Sorc20/Epic5 -> Bard20/Epic8 -> Rog20/Epic8/Epic2 -> Harper_FvS20/Epic4 -> Art19), Azaxe (Rog18/Wiz2 -> Sorc20/Epic6)

I can see it being abused by d***heads deliberately causing a quest fail, but how can you call it an exploit??? If it was, Turbine would have closed all quests until further notice and blamed the Kobolds, you know anything the gives players an advantage is fixed within hours lol this hasn't been and i just can't see how it's exploitable :/
    Last edited by XiaNYdE; 05-28-2013 at 02:53 AM. Reason: Spelling
    The Arms Of Orien
    Dokalfar - Jhanjra - Khlaryssa - XiaNYdE - Tammin Burfoot
    In a way, we are magicians. We are alchemists, sorcerers and wizards. We are a very strange bunch. But there is great fun in being a wizard. -Billy Joel

Community Member BinyaminTsadik's Avatar

thanks for the report, now they will fix it on us.....

Here's to hoping its last on their bugfix list

Community Member

Boy it sure made it easy to activate the optional fight on Servants of the Overlord. I ran up there getting ready to be interrupted on the lever pull and BAM! barrier down!

They all chased me up the ramp like I was their worst nightmare tho, I don't think they appreciated the barrier going down so fast, not even a single reaver killed. Kind of fun, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    *Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

We are aware of this issue. There is no further need to submit bug reports on this. It's a priority to get a fix in for this. Thanks!
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Antheal View Post
    The interruptions can also make The Pit incompletable as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We are aware of this issue. There is no further need to submit bug reports on this. It's a priority to get a fix in for this. Thanks!
    OK, yes of course please fix this so that quest objectives don't break when your interaction is interrupted.

But can we keep instant recall? As others have said, waiting to recall is one of the small, simple, and incredibly tedious things about playing DDO. Tedious = not a word you want associated with your game.

I understand this can be cheesy in some situations. If your lvl 1 character zergs through a nest of kobolds and snatches their treasure, yeah they should be able to gang-rape him before he recalls out. I get that argument. So maybe this makes me an evil person when I say I'm willing to accept that small amount of cheese just so that I don't have to stare at my screen for ten seconds whenever I want to recall. Or maybe I'm just becoming a DDO curmudgeon whose only priority has become leveling this faster than the last one.

But tedious!

Tedious!

Fine, I guess I'll just umd some teleport scrolls.

But quality of life! And tedious!
    Bartylomaos and Fwelcyr, of Orien's Forever Knights
    Lag got you down? Do what I do and bring along a good book to read while playing DDO.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast