Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by BruceTheHoon View Post
    I didn't say or imply, that you disagree with his point, just that it's my opinion, that you are omitting other very relevant ones on the way to your conclusion.
    I, too, have expected the drop rate in servants to be adjusted. I've expected that adjustment to be the removal of optional token, for which it's been said that is not there intentionally and not additional cuts to otherwise comparably well placed token returns.
    True, I might have misread your post - lets put that down to English not being my first language.

The point here would be that noone got robbed of anything with the adjusted droprate in SOTO, most players must have expected this deep down. We are only left with a now more boring grind if you take no pleasure in runnng the old quests for the drops they give, due to the extra time it will take you.
    I did run them the last to lives I took to 25 (mostly because I find SOTO a very boring experience by now) and I found that each toon would net about 10 tokens in all pr life. So grinding there will be for sure. Maybe a full token in OOB will make it viable for farming again in EH
    Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    Let the nerd rage flow through you. Don't hold back. I bought a lot of popcorn in anticipation for when Turbine decided to finally fix one of the many easy buttons.
    Danish migrant from DDO Europe, where I have been playing since beta.
    Thelanis (since march 2010)

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

Tr is still free. No one needs to buy hearts(For tr, obviously lesser hearts are a different issue). I have not ever bought a heart. Even with the new changes, I still get tokens. No tr timers on the quests made the fragment drops instead of whole tokens make sense. We get them faster now than when we got a whole token with a 16 hour timer before we can do it again. It's upped my rate of token income, and it's fun to go from epic to epic instead of farming the same quest over and over. And a side benefit is more shots at a variety of loot for those who also enjoy collecting loot/options.

This is not a black and white issue, it's a point of view. If you only like doing a quest for a guaranteed token over and over to tr, this will make you rage and probably immediately jump to they want me to buy hearts! If you get your tokens the way I do, this is absolutely a non issue and not a crazy conspiracy to sell hearts. I think you can get tokens even faster with a good challenge farming group, but I think the challenges are kinda unfun in house c that you can get the tokens. The eveningstar ones are actually fun, but no tokens.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

I can see the Jungle of Khyber only producing 40 fragments being a problem. But Servants of the Overlord? Remember, it is a F2P quest. I can actually see Turbine limiting that number of tokens because they want to encourage people to buy TR hearts, as opposed to farming them out. That I can justify their nickle-and-dime scheme to pull in revenue. You can still get one for free, but I'll just take longer.

I like Servants of the Overlord - I think it is a great quest. Not so thrilled about killing the token drop in the Drow challenge test. I think no one will run that optional from now on; there is no incentive.

If SotO was P2P, I can easily see why this would be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by bsquishwizzy View Post
    I can see the Jungle of Khyber only producing 40 fragments being a problem. But Servants of the Overlord? Remember, it is a F2P quest. I can actually see Turbine limiting that number of tokens because they want to encourage people to buy TR hearts, as opposed to farming them out. That I can justify their nickle-and-dime scheme to pull in revenue. You can still get one for free, but I'll just take longer.

I like Servants of the Overlord - I think it is a great quest. Not so thrilled about killing the token drop in the Drow challenge test. I think no one will run that optional from now on; there is no incentive.

If SotO was P2P, I can easily see why this would be an issue.
    What's more, as most people have long since soured on u13 epic items (reducing the benefit of shard/seal drop rates supposedly being fixed A YEAR LATER), killing drop rates for tokens lowers the reason most people will run the content to two reasons: xp (elite streak the chain at level and/or farm it for epic xp) and flagging for Ebberon.

Turbine seems to fail to grasp that sledgehammers are not the ideal tools for all adjustments.
    Eternal Infinity: Wruntjunior ~ DI Sorc // Youngwrunt ~ Survivalist Paladin // Wruntarrow ~ Monkcher // Wruntsonmonk ~ Wis-Based Monk

2015 DDO Players Council MangLord's Avatar

I feel like the most successful option for everyone would be to simply reduce the store price of a true heart.

There is no way I will pay what they're asking for right now. What is it, like 1400-1500 tp? That is outrageous for simply restarting your character into a new life with a couple extra stat points and a little bit of past life bonus. If the price were between 500-700 tp, I would definitely drop real money to avoid the grind of token farming. I guarantee a lot of others would too, and Turbine would make so much more money in the long run. Volume pricing.

Everyone is happy. Problem solved.

Just figure it like this. Running a 10 minute challenge nets you more epic tokens then quests STILL, especially when you can solo it and pike 5 minutes of that challenge.

Community Member

And normal gives 14 or so! I see nothing changed at the end fight either.

Community Member

Sry, but imo getting tokens to buy TR heat of wood is quite easy. If you want to do it the fastest way possible, run time is money and in 2 (3 hours max if you are not goot at it) hours you should have about 6k ingrediencies - trade them for 20 tokens you may TR. I have to admit that after each life when I cap, I run TIM (lvl 20 char - lvl 25 diff) and I have never had issue with the lack of tokens.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by krtkonewaccount View Post
    Sry, but imo getting tokens to buy TR heat of wood is quite easy. If you want to do it the fastest way possible, run time is money and in 2 (3 hours max if you are not goot at it) hours you should have about 6k ingrediencies - trade them for 20 tokens you may TR. I have to admit that after each life when I cap, I run TIM (lvl 20 char - lvl 25 diff) and I have never had issue with the lack of tokens.
    Quite true, challenges are really easy for tokens but having grinded them extensively, I'd rather chew on a handgrenade than do them for more than 20 minutes at a time now lol

I think the reason for having no tokens in EGH is fairly clear. They switched from the token system to the relic system to trade in for augments. At the same time they also omitted TR hearts from the new relic trade in system. On the surface they appear to appease players by leaving TR hearts in the old system, but at the same time they abandon the old system for a new one that they hope will lead to more store sales of TR hearts as players, over time, have fewer endgame options that drop tokens.

To be fair, there are now fewer uses for tokens than we had previously. Other than a DR breaker, you have no real use for tokens besides TR'ing. Turbine certainly noticed this and decided to drop token quantities to prevent too many "free" TR's.

What this all boils down to is yet another negative on the list of "fixes". Yes, the token in the optional chest may have been a bug, but public perception trumps the truth here and what we as players see is another nerf to add to a list of bugs, nerfs and broken systems implemented in the game. It makes someone wonder, what will be the next thing that is deemed to be not working as intended years after release as it collaterally interferes with store sales due to another change in game.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Quote Originally Posted by ValenGodspeed View Post
    Did noone really see this coming? Guess I have the extended clairvoyance feat then, my take on it if something is too good (compared to alternatives) to be true it will eventually attract attention.
    Nerfing people's ability to gain tokens and TR isn't healthy for the game in the long run. Reducing the optional chest from a token to fragments would have been one thing, but last time we did it, nobody got anything which kinda sucks.

Every Epic quest should give tokens or fragments. Call them what you like in Faerun but make them equivalent to Eberron tokens and fragments in every other way.

TRing is a stroke of genius by Turbine. It might have been designed as an option to buy them more time to raise the level cap and add more content by recycling existing content, but it's what stopped me getting bored with the game because there was always another life to do and another build to try out.

What I would really like to see is some reward trader in the marketplace who will let you exchange anything for anything else. If you think about it, we have all these different rewards as currency in the game but only desirable to one single collector? Nobody has thought that maybe these collectors could barter stuff between them?

"You'll give me a Fragment of the Twelve for 1,000 Prayer Beads? Sure, have 10,000 and I'll go get my pinata stick and go whack some more kobolds!"

I soloed EE Lord of Dust last night and got a full token. For it being one of the easiest quests in the game, I would not recommend soloing EE for one. At least for me it wasn't time efficient.

I will try and do EH and EE in a group and see if we get the same results or if it was just a luck of the roll for a full token.

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    It's a classic Turbine fix, and this is exactly the kind of thing that turns players against the devs.

So that epic token that drops in the optional is bugged, making you have to manually drag it to your inventory to collect it? We'll fix that bug: Now the chest doesn't drop a token at all, bug fixed!

A complete and utter **** move, and sadly this is standard Turbine practice.

It reminds me of the fix to cannith challenge xp pots. Originally they gave 10% but the description said 5%. The release notes for the fix said "description incorrectly said 5%; this is now fixed." The fix? The potions actually started giving 5%. Go Turbine!
    This issue does not bother me as much as a few others, but I have to agree with you. Even if the fanboi’s do now want to consider it bait and switch; it is still BS.
    Flabby-Flaber-Flabo--Heifer-Oinks

LEGION

Community Member

I completed Chrono eH twice after the last update and got no tokens/frags at all, nada, 0.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12