Hybrid View

Community Member

Angry EH Servants of the Overlord now only gives 50 Token Fragments

As the title says, doing EH Servants of the Overlord now only gives around 50 fragments.

The drow ritual optional, which prior to U18 gave a full token of the twelve, now gives no fragments or tokens.

And the end chest, which used to give a full token as well, gives 40-60 Fragments.

All in all, doing this quest used to give 2 full tokens, but now gives around 50 total. Please tell me this is not WAI and fix it. This is the quest I use to grind my tokens for TRing.

Community Member WilliamBraveheart's Avatar

Web of Chaos

• Seals for the items in these quests are now found in the Epic Chests at the end of the quests.
    • Shards for all items in this quest chain are now found in the Epic Chest at the end of the capstone quest The Spinner of Shadows.
    • The base items will continue to drop on all difficulty levels.
    • Issues with the distribution of specific items or Tokens of the Twelve have been corrected.

This from the release notes tells me that this is probably WAI

Lookin for sumthin to kill!!

Community Member

That's bollocks, I have zero incentive to run that quest other than flagging for Evengstar now.

It's a classic Turbine fix, and this is exactly the kind of thing that turns players against the devs.

So that epic token that drops in the optional is bugged, making you have to manually drag it to your inventory to collect it? We'll fix that bug: Now the chest doesn't drop a token at all, bug fixed!

A complete and utter **** move, and sadly this is standard Turbine practice.

It reminds me of the fix to cannith challenge xp pots. Originally they gave 10% but the description said 5%. The release notes for the fix said "description incorrectly said 5%; this is now fixed." The fix? The potions actually started giving 5%. Go Turbine!

I could never take the token fragments from the optional drow encounter, it always gave me an error message when I tried to take them, saying that "the quest was not completed yet"

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by wesclough View Post
    I could never take the token fragments from the optional drow encounter, it always gave me an error message when I tried to take them, saying that "the quest was not completed yet"
    You had to drag them from the chest to your inventory.

When this was pointed out to Feather_of_sun he decided the fix would be to remove the token/fragments from the chest.

Looks like he finally got around to that.

On the plus side he also fixed the drop rate of seals/shards (Or at least it is supposed to be fixed I haven't run the quests yet)

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    It reminds me of the fix to cannith challenge xp pots. Originally they gave 10% but the description said 5%. The release notes for the fix said "description incorrectly said 5%; this is now fixed." The fix? The potions actually started giving 5%. Go Turbine!
    Found this release note. That was the day that I lost all faith in the devs:
    The Lesser Elixir of Experience and Minor Experience Elixir no longer incorrectly state that they bestow a +5% bonus instead of their actual +10% bonus.
    The fix that this note describes was to reduce the actual bonus to 5%.

Considering how often the end fight bugs out on this quest, making it impossible to complete too often, the only guaranteed Epic token was the one in the optional chest.

Thanks a lot Turbine.

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    It's a classic Turbine fix, and this is exactly the kind of thing that turns players against the devs.

So that epic token that drops in the optional is bugged, making you have to manually drag it to your inventory to collect it? We'll fix that bug: Now the chest doesn't drop a token at all, bug fixed!

A complete and utter **** move, and sadly this is standard Turbine practice.

This issue does not bother me as much as a few others, but I have to agree with you. Even if the fanboi’s do now want to consider it bait and switch; it is still BS.
    Flabby-Flaber-Flabo--Heifer-Oinks

LEGION

Community Member

I completed Chrono eH twice after the last update and got no tokens/frags at all, nada, 0.