Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Angry EH Servants of the Overlord now only gives 50 Token Fragments

As the title says, doing EH Servants of the Overlord now only gives around 50 fragments.

The drow ritual optional, which prior to U18 gave a full token of the twelve, now gives no fragments or tokens.

And the end chest, which used to give a full token as well, gives 40-60 Fragments.

All in all, doing this quest used to give 2 full tokens, but now gives around 50 total. Please tell me this is not WAI and fix it. This is the quest I use to grind my tokens for TRing.

Community Member WilliamBraveheart's Avatar

Web of Chaos

• Seals for the items in these quests are now found in the Epic Chests at the end of the quests.
    • Shards for all items in this quest chain are now found in the Epic Chest at the end of the capstone quest The Spinner of Shadows.
    • The base items will continue to drop on all difficulty levels.
    • Issues with the distribution of specific items or Tokens of the Twelve have been corrected.

This from the release notes tells me that this is probably WAI

Lookin for sumthin to kill!!

Community Member

That's bollocks, I have zero incentive to run that quest other than flagging for Evengstar now.

It's a classic Turbine fix, and this is exactly the kind of thing that turns players against the devs.

So that epic token that drops in the optional is bugged, making you have to manually drag it to your inventory to collect it? We'll fix that bug: Now the chest doesn't drop a token at all, bug fixed!

A complete and utter **** move, and sadly this is standard Turbine practice.

It reminds me of the fix to cannith challenge xp pots. Originally they gave 10% but the description said 5%. The release notes for the fix said "description incorrectly said 5%; this is now fixed." The fix? The potions actually started giving 5%. Go Turbine!

I could never take the token fragments from the optional drow encounter, it always gave me an error message when I tried to take them, saying that "the quest was not completed yet"

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by wesclough View Post
    I could never take the token fragments from the optional drow encounter, it always gave me an error message when I tried to take them, saying that "the quest was not completed yet"
    You had to drag them from the chest to your inventory.

When this was pointed out to Feather_of_sun he decided the fix would be to remove the token/fragments from the chest.

Looks like he finally got around to that.

On the plus side he also fixed the drop rate of seals/shards (Or at least it is supposed to be fixed I haven't run the quests yet)

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    You had to drag them from the chest to your inventory.
    Also, you could DDoor back and walk back to the chest - which is what I did the first few times before discovering you could drag them to inventory.

They really didn't need to remove that, but it appears tokens are ONLY supposed to be in end epic chests. They most certainly didn't need to cut the end reward in half as well, seems perfectly reasonable to have a full token there. Especially if you do the drow optional - would have been awesome if they could tie the number of fragments in the end chest to the optional.

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    It reminds me of the fix to cannith challenge xp pots. Originally they gave 10% but the description said 5%. The release notes for the fix said "description incorrectly said 5%; this is now fixed." The fix? The potions actually started giving 5%. Go Turbine!
    Found this release note. That was the day that I lost all faith in the devs:
    The Lesser Elixir of Experience and Minor Experience Elixir no longer incorrectly state that they bestow a +5% bonus instead of their actual +10% bonus.
    The fix that this note describes was to reduce the actual bonus to 5%.

Considering how often the end fight bugs out on this quest, making it impossible to complete too often, the only guaranteed Epic token was the one in the optional chest.

Thanks a lot Turbine.

2015 DDO Players Council MangLord's Avatar

Actually, the token reduction is what prompted me to actually start posting in the forums. After playing solidly (pretty much every day) for over a year, nothing has bothered me so much.

I've spent a lot of money on this game, or at least what is a lot for me, and I can't help but see this as a way to submit me into dropping another $15 or $20 (whatever it is) just to TR ONE of my characters. I've been farming as much as I can for over a week and earned nearly 18 tokens. That is ridiculous. I'm sure someone has worked out the most efficient formula, but why should the game, which is supposed to be a fun time with friends, degenerate into running EH Snitch over and over as fast as possible as many times as possible for less than 50 scraps a pop? To me, that sucks.

Also, how do I complete Jungle of Khyber EH and get less than 40 tokens? That's not cool.

Running Servants ten times in a row to TR was enough grinding. I actually, legitimately, hate doing what we have to do now, and dread the fact that I have two more characters waiting to TR after this. Over the past year, DDO has become a surrogate of my old high school tabletop group, but **** like this makes it no fun.

Quote Originally Posted by MangLord View Post
    Actually, the token reduction is what prompted me to actually start posting in the forums. After playing solidly (pretty much every day) for over a year, nothing has bothered me so much.

I've spent a lot of money on this game, or at least what is a lot for me, and I can't help but see this as a way to submit me into dropping another $15 or $20 (whatever it is) just to TR ONE of my characters. I've been farming as much as I can for over a week and earned nearly 18 tokens. That is ridiculous. I'm sure someone has worked out the most efficient formula, but why should the game, which is supposed to be a fun time with friends, degenerate into running EH Snitch over and over as fast as possible as many times as possible for less than 50 scraps a pop? To me, that sucks.

Also, how do I complete Jungle of Khyber EH and get less than 40 tokens? That's not cool.

Running Servants ten times in a row to TR was enough grinding. I actually, legitimately, hate doing what we have to do now, and dread the fact that I have two more characters waiting to TR after this. Over the past year, DDO has become a surrogate of my old high school tabletop group, but **** like this makes it no fun.
    Well it didn't make much sense that this particular quests gave so many tokens than others. All quests should give one token again though.

This is one reason on a quite sizable list now on why DDO is losing its fun to me - TRing is pretty much what endgame there is right now, as the expansion looming will likely invalidate almost all gear you could bother farming from EE GH...and then, they do things like this, which only seem to serve to force people to buy hearts with real money. :/

This leaves pretty much one token farm quest for TRing (EH DA with inviting 5 people to loot and pass you tokens, or EE DA with a good group that'll pass you tokens, is now pretty much the fastest way to get tokens - challenges not counted, as I hate doing those stupid things), especially since Turbine made the genius decision to not put tokens in EE GH, despite the fact that they said it's an Eberron thing when u14 was on its way...makes you wonder what (or if) they're thinking.
    Eternal Infinity: Wruntjunior ~ DI Sorc // Youngwrunt ~ Survivalist Paladin // Wruntarrow ~ Monkcher // Wruntsonmonk ~ Wis-Based Monk

Community Member

This is an actual question I am not being ironic or anything up that alley, but do you guys think that 2 full tokens was the correct amount based on the effort needed for an EH run?

Wrunt mentions that his only option now is to have people pull tokens for him in DA, but a TR before this change was get 4 guildies to run SOTO a few times take 45 mins if you are doing it slow, and voila a TR worth 1000+ TPs depending on sales.

Did noone really see this coming? Guess I have the extended clairvoyance feat then, my take on it if something is too good (compared to alternatives) to be true it will eventually attract attention.

On the plus side, groups for the old epics will maybe fill faster now
    Happy farming all
    Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    Let the nerd rage flow through you. Don't hold back. I bought a lot of popcorn in anticipation for when Turbine decided to finally fix one of the many easy buttons.
    Danish migrant from DDO Europe, where I have been playing since beta.
    Thelanis (since march 2010)

Quote Originally Posted by ValenGodspeed View Post
    This is an actual question I am not being ironic or anything up that alley, but do you guys think that 2 full tokens was the correct amount based on the effort needed for an EH run?

Wrunt mentions that his only option now is to have people pull tokens for him in DA, but a TR before this change was get 4 guildies to run SOTO a few times take 45 mins if you are doing it slow, and voila a TR worth 1000+ TPs depending on sales.

Did noone really see this coming? Guess I have the extended clairvoyance feat then, my take on it if something is too good (compared to alternatives) to be true it will eventually attract attention.

On the plus side, groups for the old epics will maybe fill faster now
    Happy farming all
    What I expect is to have a sufficient way to get tokens, as Turbine apparently hates adding them in.

There is literally no reason for them not to be in GH - in fact, EE Tor should probably be worth 4 tokens (one for completing, one for each dragon). The token grind should not be MORE difficult as time goes on (which is what is happening), when less is being tied to it - it should be getting LESS difficult.

As a side-note, what they think they may gain in true heart of wood sales is nothing to what they will lose in XP potions and more - I won't pay for a true heart of wood, I'll just take longer to farm it (or, as it becomes more inconvenient to farm, stop doing it period)...and fewer TRs by me mean MUCH fewer XP potions spent, occasional astral shards purchased to fix feat screw-ups, etc.

Edit: Reason old epics take so long to fill is because the **** loot apparently will never be updated, and no one wants to do a ridiculously long farm for twink gear when casual questing will quickly get you high enough level to use BETTER gear that drops MORE often (as much as I hate EE GH drop rates, they have nothing on how annoying some epic items were to make pre-u14 - took me most of a year to get just 3 claw glove shards...and they're even harder to get post-u14). This leaves the primary reason to run them as XP (which can often be done faster solo than grouped, thanks to abilities like Master's Blitz), as the token return on most quests is like SotO is now - pathetic.
    Last edited by WruntJunior; 06-03-2013 at 04:20 AM.
    Eternal Infinity: Wruntjunior ~ DI Sorc // Youngwrunt ~ Survivalist Paladin // Wruntarrow ~ Monkcher // Wruntsonmonk ~ Wis-Based Monk

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by WruntJunior View Post
    What I expect is to have a sufficient way to get tokens, as Turbine apparently hates adding them in.

There is literally no reason for them not to be in GH - in fact, EE Tor should probably be worth 4 tokens (one for completing, one for each dragon). The token grind should not be MORE difficult as time goes on (which is what is happening), when less is being tied to it - it should be getting LESS difficult.

As a side-note, what they think they may gain in true heart of wood sales is nothing to what they will lose in XP potions and more - I won't pay for a true heart of wood, I'll just take longer to farm it (or, as it becomes more inconvenient to farm, stop doing it period)...and fewer TRs by me mean MUCH fewer XP potions spent, occasional astral shards purchased to fix feat screw-ups, etc.

Edit: Reason old epics take so long to fill is because the **** loot apparently will never be updated, and no one wants to do a ridiculously long farm for twink gear when casual questing will quickly get you high enough level to use BETTER gear that drops MORE often (as much as I hate EE GH drop rates, they have nothing on how annoying some epic items were to make pre-u14 - took me most of a year to get just 3 claw glove shards...and they're even harder to get post-u14). This leaves the primary reason to run them as XP (which can often be done faster solo than grouped, thanks to abilities like Master's Blitz), as the token return on most quests is like SotO is now - pathetic.
    I am not disagreeing with you on the availability of the tokens, they should of course have been added to GH to follow their own logic. My question to the posters in general was if they thought that getting 2 from EH SOTO given the complete lack of effort it takes was reasonable? …with old epics and no EDs yes it was, but with today’s game not so much in my opinion.

And regarding the obvious complimentarity (is that a word?) of Hearts and XP pots, I can’t see why Turbine never made a deal called buy X amount of XP pots, get a true heart with the deal… I think that would sell as well as ottos boxes.
    Let the nerd rage flow through you. Don't hold back. I bought a lot of popcorn in anticipation for when Turbine decided to finally fix one of the many easy buttons.

I am not disagreeing with you on the availability of the tokens, they should of course have been added to GH to follow their own logic. My question to the posters in general was if they thought that getting 2 from EH SOTO given the complete lack of effort it takes was reasonable? …with old epics and no EDs yes it was, but with today’s game not so much in my opinion.

And regarding the obvious complimentarity (is that a word?) of Hearts and XP pots, I can’t see why Turbine never made a deal called buy X amount of XP pots, get a true heart with the deal… I think that would sell as well as ottos boxes.
    Honestly, I think that SotO is the closest a quest has been for token amounts in a while - as they are not end-game items, and only really useful for TRing (honestly, only way most people I know would buy a heart of wood would be if they went on a REALLY good sale - like, $5 or less each) or a few very specific augments, they should be more available, not less.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by WruntJunior View Post
    Honestly, I think that SotO is the closest a quest has been for token amounts in a while - as they are not end-game items, and only really useful for TRing (honestly, only way most people I know would buy a heart of wood would be if they went on a REALLY good sale - like, $5 or less each) or a few very specific augments, they should be more available, not less.
    So you are in fact saying that due to easy access in game the current price for a heart in the DDO store is too high. Again I don’t disagree. If we agree this is the consensus of the player base, it leaves Turbine with two easy choices and a hard one to choose between:
    - Reduce availability of tokens to make effort for a TR more than 1 hours farming.
    - Reduce price in the store
    - Think out of the box and make deals/bundles that would make player use the store.

Pretty obvious what they did, due to the broken nature of the drop rates in SOTO. But again thats my take onn it

So you are in fact saying that due to easy access in game the current price for a heart in the DDO store is too high. Again I don’t disagree. If we agree this is the consensus of the player base, it leaves Turbine with two easy choices and a hard one to choose between:
    - Reduce availability of tokens to make effort for a TR more than 1 hours farming.
    - Reduce price in the store
    - Think out of the box and make deals/bundles that would make player use the store.

Pretty obvious what they did, due to the broken nature of the drop rates in SOTO. But again thats my take onn it
    Wrunt's quoted post is taken a bit out of context, if it's not read in conjunction with his previous one.
    What he's saying is: Whatever they do to make obtaining true hearts harder will hurt their business, because XP potions are one of all-time best sellers and they are used extensively by people TRing.

And he's right. For me, TRing is a *****. Those meager bonuses just aren't worth it after MotU's various combat mechanics overhaul and I can't imagine them becoming any more attractive with the new expansion.
    I can't imagine people doing it extensively for any other ultimate motive, than not having anything else to do.
    Making it harder for people to do what they're doing out of boredom anyway is just not a good strategy for keeping players.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by BruceTheHoon View Post
    Wrunt's quoted post is taken a bit out of context, if it's not read in conjunction with his previous one.
    What he's saying is: Whatever they do to make obtaining true hearts harder will hurt their business, because XP potions are one of all-time best sellers and they are used extensively by people TRing.

And he's right. For me, TRing is a *****. Those meager bonuses just aren't worth it after MotU's various combat mechanics overhaul and I can't imagine them becoming any more attractive with the new expansion.
    I can't imagine people doing it extensively for any other ultimate motive, than not having anything else to do.
    Making it harder for people to do what they're doing out of boredom anyway is just not a good strategy for keeping players.
    Since you indicate that you read the previous posts, you would see that I don't really disagree with Wrunt on that point. I don't get why Turbine have done any obvoius bundles with XP pots and Hearts.
    However that does not really adress the OPs point. I still think that droprates from SOTO was bound to be adjusted - like droprates from OOB was. I don't under stand people thinking it was resonable unless they are really saying that TR should be (close to) free, because that was the effect of getting that droprate.

Since you indicate that you read the previous posts, you would see that I don't really disagree with Wrunt on that point. I don't get why Turbine have done any obvoius bundles with XP pots and Hearts.
    However that does not really adress the OPs point. I still think that droprates from SOTO was bound to be adjusted - like droprates from OOB was. I don't under stand people thinking it was resonable unless they are really saying that TR should be (close to) free, because that was the effect of getting that droprate.
    I didn't say or imply, that you disagree with his point, just that it's my opinion, that you are omitting other very relevant ones on the way to your conclusion.
    I, too, have expected the drop rate in servants to be adjusted. I've expected that adjustment to be the removal of optional token, for which it's been said that is not there intentionally and not additional cuts to otherwise comparably well placed token returns.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast