Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Feedback on augment bags

When I saw you had augment bags in the store today I was very excited and was ready to buy a few small ones and one large one...and then I saw they were BtC. Really? Why? Yes, I know about the old exploit, but bags from the BtA day seem to properly BtC when they should now so it can't be that.

As it is I don't think I'll be buying an augment bag, I'll just continue go with the entirely separate F2P account with its 160 free slots.

Please rethink this, if the point is to make them convenient for storage then you bloody well need to be able to move them through your shared bank.

Brand / Commerce Team QuartermasterX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gkar View Post
    When I saw you had augment bags in the store today I was very excited and was ready to buy a few small ones and one large one...and then I saw they were BtC. Really? Why? Yes, I know about the old exploit, but bags from the BtA day seem to properly BtC when they should now so it can't be that.

As it is I don't think I'll be buying an augment bag, I'll just continue go with the entirely separate F2P account with its 160 free slots.

Please rethink this, if the point is to make them convenient for storage then you bloody well need to be able to move them through your shared bank.
    Thanks for the feedback. I will see what can be done concerning this.

As it is I don't think I'll be buying an augment bag, I'll just continue go with the entirely separate F2P account with its 160 free slots
    Don't forget the fact they are ridiculously small. Huge bag is 80 slots. We had about 300 augments in u17, and I don't know how many new ones in u18.

Your marketing department is really out of touch of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by QuartermasterX View Post
    Thanks, Q. That would really make these bags much more appealing.
    Heatherx Rgr12/Arti6/Rog2 (PL: 3 Wiz; 1 FvS; 2 Sor; 1 Clr; 1 Arti; 1 Rog)
    Toryen Warchanter 22 ~ Treslyn Cleric 24 ~ Lohikaerme Druid 23 ~ Khenshii Monk 20

Heroes of Light and Darkness ~ Argonnessen

Agree - thanks QmX.....

but really.... BtC? AND too small? and nearly forcing to buy if we want to keep them.... should have just gone into the blue (which is basically useless) or green bag....

Kindly revamp to be BtA and Size and offer them at 50% off initially to compensate for the lack of foresight (or planned need) with the augment gems.

Most excellent news. Please consider the rest of the BtC bags in the DDO store as well.
    You guys will sell a whole lot more of them if they are BtA.
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Community Member

While you're at it, could you look at changing the other bags to be BtA?

I currently use lots of Large bags so I can transfer them between characters. If the really big store bags were BtA, I'd use them. As they are BtC, they're pretty useless.

Geoff.

Please make them BTA. Please please.

2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

Nothing new here, they did that bag trap too with the Festivult Cookie Jar...

I bought one long ago and discovered it was BtC... Since then I'm not really caring about cookies anymore...
    I collect the coins and try to get nice stuff out of them. But the cookies are just left to rot in the jar, as I can't use it on the character that needs it ( those I'm levelling )
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Great points. I agree that a large BtA aug bag would be much appreciated and make it more likely that I would use augments. Alternatively making a huge BtC aug bag would also be a helpful option. I still think a large aug bag that is a reward option or drop would be a great addition to the expansion content.

Quote Originally Posted by Flavilandile View Post
    Nothing new here, they did that bag trap too with the Festivult Cookie Jar...

I bought one long ago and discovered it was BtC... Since then I'm not really caring about cookies anymore...
    I collect the coins and try to get nice stuff out of them. But the cookies are just left to rot in the jar, as I can't use it on the character that needs it ( those I'm levelling )
    Good point. My cookies are molding away one the one character of mine who has a jar.

Default Search bar for bags

+1 to the above about larger bags and BtA.

Thanks for getting augment bags into the game, as many players asked. Now what I would also really like to see is a search bar for the augment bags, just like in the collectible and ingredient bags. Being able to type the name is so much faster than scrolling through a whole list of nearly identical item icons and slightly varied names to find the one augment I'm actually looking for.
    Furthermore, I believe that the bugs and lag must be fixed.

2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

*shrug* I got swindled once by the Cookie Jar ( BtC ).

I didn't even look at the augment bag, as it was obvious that it would be BtC, being a Store Item.

Now if you change it to BtA, maybe you can also change the Cookie Jars to BtA.
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Community Member

I got one of those cookie jars too. I'm not buying augment bags until they are changed to BtA.

I agree with many of the posters above. I'll make it simple as Turbine seems to be reading this thread.

I will give you money if the bags are BtA.

Got the message?
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

If you guys switch store bags in general from btc to bta, I will immediately drop $20 or $30 on points to buy three bta bags: one collectable, one ingredient and one augment. And those will be the only bags on my entire account save for a single large ingredient on each alt to carry their btc mats. (Plus that dopey free gem bag, I suppose.)

Keeping store bags btc means I am guaranteed to never spend a single TP on them. Ever.

I already feel like I have been screwed over by the ddo store by buying Huge and then Gargantuan ingredient bags.
    Then the new augments are released and ninja stealth changed to a "different" type which is all just BS anyway since they can be coded to go wherever the programmer wants.
    So now I am being forced to buy an augment bag as well which is still BTC and still too small to hold all the augments.\

Anyone else feel like they are dealing with con artists?
    Jotmon - Let's not forget why we play these games - to have fun - ~
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200 (Former Guilds: ChaosKnights, Big Damn Heroes, Shadowfiends, Order of the Drow, Unusual Suspects, Raided R)
    Argo-Jotmon(Completionist - before the Otto's/XP pots easymode), Jotmonheals(Clr17/Rog2/Mnk1-Epic Completionist), Whatthetruck.. and many many more alts..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.

Community Member

Default Me too!

I got burned once several years ago when I bought a ?huge? collectible bag when it was on sale in the store. I was so happy to have that bag, but I bought it on a wizzy I was leveling during my new player phase when I was creating and deleting a character or two a day and I went to put it in the shared bank only to learn it was BTC. I was jumping just NOT for joy let me tell you.

It was the first and last time I even looked at the bags for sale in the DDO store. Now, the cookie jar is another one. I was going to buy one of those when they were released, only after being robbed the first time around I checked the forums first and sure 'nuff, people were angry about them being BTC.

Seriously, even back then everyone was sending the cookies to an alt for storage, I just couldn't understand why they would have done that to the cookie jar, some cookies are better for some classes. It defeated the purpose then to buy a cookie jar just to have to take the cookies you want to use out of the jar to send to the alt you wish to play.

And now this. This is the same as the cookie jar. Some augments are better for some classes. It seriously defeats the purpose to buy one to store your augments in if you have to pull out several of them to send to an alt to make a choice.

Edit: I still have that Wizzy. I would have deleted it and re rolled it years ago if not for that stupid BTC bag. Now I just don't play it at all.
    Last edited by forummuleonly; 06-01-2013 at 09:22 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Codog View Post
    [*]Small evolutionary change that can be completed in shorter stretches of time is more readily achieveable for us than large _revolutionary_ change. Revolutionary change can be rather destabilizing from an engineering and balance perspective.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Keeping store bags btc means I am guaranteed to never spend a single TP on them. Ever.
    Same here. I'll TR toons with existing bags into what I want to play.

Yeah they need to be BTA, I bought a contract folder on a toon where I already had one without realizing and now it's forever stuck there...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast