Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Beethoven View Post
    Actually, on my end spells like Heal, Reconstruct and all buffs appear working just fine even though they too rely on CL (Duration) and MCL (ie: Resist Energy 10/20/30).

Chain Lightning and similar AOE spells are a good question though.
    Fair enough. I totally forgot about those even if I knew about it.

As you said, Chain Lightning and similar AoE spells are suffering from the same bug probably.

Vargouille, tell us about AOE spells please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Severlin and Severlin Online. PLAY FOR FREE* NOW!

*maybe
    Farwil, Chaos Gamblers - Argonessen.

Quote Originally Posted by Forzah View Post
    Now if they also make blitz, shiradi and unbridled fury less ridiculous, reduce mob hp, and buff some of the weaker destinies, we'll have a lot better game.
    I posted some other suggestions which show a more integral approach to solving many of the balance issues in this game. My problem is not that I hate casters, but I'd like a better experience in this ame. Atm endgame revolves too much around certain high damage abilities, making the rest of the abilities is pretty much useless. That's very boring, imo. Another issue is that throughout leveling casters are extremely dominant compared to melee, which I also find boring. Less caster damage solves the latter issue somewhat. The first issue requires a lot more effort. By reducing mob health/saves while at the same time toning down the strong abilities many more builds will become viable.
    Stop making sense and providing absolutely correct suggestions in forums.

You should know better not to do that :P The fanbois who want a deserted game like it is now and will be more in the future will flame you to oblivion .
    Last edited by Deamus; 05-24-2013 at 11:22 AM.
    One Monk To Gimp Them All
    Europe Devourer Beta Player
    Arise Founder
    Daemus, Daemons, Daemonicus Thelanis Server

Quote Originally Posted by Deamus View Post
    Stop making sense and providing absolutely correct suggestions in forums.

You should know better not to do that :P The fanbois who want a deserted game like it is now and will be more in the future will flame you to oblivion .
    Better yet, turn this into a singleplayer game so that people can mod/make their own rule and they can stop forcing people to play the way they want other to play.

Another issue is that throughout leveling casters are extremely dominant compared to melee, which I also find boring. Less caster damage solves the latter issue somewhat. The first issue requires a lot more effort. By reducing mob health/saves while at the same time toning down the strong abilities many more builds will become viable.
    So make everyone's damage the same? If you do that you have to make everyone's PRR the same. If you do that you have to make everyone's AC, saves, etc the same.

As long as one class or build has the most damage, people will complain, no matter how small the difference is.

If you do all of that, why is it fair that some people can heal themselves? Give everyone self healing!

At that point, why not just have one class? What's the point of having classes at all? If everyone does the same damage and the only difference between classes is the graphics, you end up with StreetFighter 9.

I think the devs should make this game as close to PnP as possible and flush balance down the toilet.

In a cooperative role playing game, balance is a foreign concept. It has no place here. It belongs in Guild Wars along with PvP.

Wizards and Sorcs are supposed to be walking artillery. The weakest class there is at 1st level, but the scariest at level 20. That's their "Role". Or are we going to take roles out of the role playing game too?

/sigh

Sometimes I feel like I'm one of the few people that understands what D&D is supposed to be. If you don't like D&D, play something else, maybe something with pvp and balance?

Don't try to turn D&D into a game that already exists in 50+ different forms.

Meatbags are supposed to keep the artillery from getting swarmed. That's their role. It's not to do as much damage per swing as a heightened, maximized, empowered necrotic ray.
    Last edited by hermespan; 05-24-2013 at 02:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    Fair enough. I totally forgot about those even if I knew about it.

As you said, Chain Lightning and similar AoE spells are suffering from the same bug probably.

Vargouille, tell us about AOE spells please.
    Chain Lightning (and Otiluke's, Fireball, etc.) seem to work from a projectile that happens to "explode" or such, so I think they fall under the projectile bug. I'd be interested to know if this effects Scorch, Acid Spray, Cone of Cold, etc.

Eh, just a reason to play my monk until it's fixed. Not the end of the world.
    Thelanis - Dragons of the Shire
    Naeryna (Sun Elf 24 FvS Evoker) // Dianocia (Drow 11 Buckler o' Swashes) // Valissia (Elf 22 Shiradi Druid)
    Nae haz a story. Go read it.

Community Member

Well put Hermespan.,

Why exactly are people on 1st life melee toons, healers, bards and other various non-dps-caster, and non-end-gamers in a thread about end-game geared dps caster issues preaching the logic of lowering other people's damage? That damage was built, carefully and painstakingly by people who hit thier grind, and was taken away by some bad code .. let em ask for a correction without hating on em for being built better than you please. If you don't like that someone who's better geared and 20 lives ahead of you does more damage, then grind more and make your toon better. That's how an rpg game works, doesn't it? The ridiculousness of some of the words I've scanned in this thread .. the game would be more easily balanced for my 1st life no gear toon that i've barely played if you just nerfed every build that isn't mine so I don't have find gear or level up more .. you think? lol. If you don't like that you have an issue competing on the kill board in epic elite until you get there, don't preach that mobs HP should be lower, and everyone should be balanced dps-wise, or that the rest of the server abandon EE instead of trying to get a fix for the obvious damage bug .. just go enter a hard dungeon yourself if you're not ready for the big stuffs. I have a sorc approaching 20 lives, and yeah, I puke out alot of damage now. I earned that damage, and paid cash money and time to get it, so I'd like it fixed please. When I was a 1st life cleric, my searing light didn't do damage like that sorc guy with TR wings, and guess what .. it wasn't supposed to. I have a melee toon that can keep up to caster kills .. It's a multi-life, (yeppers, by multi, I mean alot more than the staple 3,) barbarian with an eSoS. You don't like that my fury is huge damage, go run lives for a few years and make yourself an eSoS too, and come outkill casters with me. I'm not an elitist, just felt a need to point out the fact that I never once whined about my damage being less than some other guy's, (look up my posts, I think this might be my 1st other than maybe a marketplace trade or two .. I was too busy playing and making my toons work well until I got free today time and couldn't play since my sorc is busted.) The game is perfectly balanced, sirs and madams, you just haven't bothered to work as hard as the guy that's tipping the scales.

To all who would rather cry for a nerf bat than work for balance themselves, I request the following: flame me, scream and yell, call me horriible. Hate me hard for calling out your lazy, I-want-it-handed-to-me attitude, neg rep me, and berate me. I'll probably only be here on this forum to say something once, so take your shots now, make it count, and show everyone that it's you I'm talking about

Much love,
    Azielle

Community Member

Oh, and devs, thanks for looking into this .. bug report and a ticket on 1st day of bug came back nil .. glad someone's looking into a fix. I like your game lots .. it's been a great source of entertainment; I look forward to enjoying my caster again soon. I don't write code, but I'd imagine you have lots of it to look thru to find some silly little bug like this .. thanks for taking the time to do it, and I'll see ya again when it's working

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Viconiax View Post
    Better yet, turn this into a singleplayer game so that people can mod/make their own rule and they can stop forcing people to play the way they want other to play.
    Everything they said is correct. On Casual, Normal, and mostly Hard they can have the game be whatever they want. You can TR on Normal, they just don't want to.
    Last edited by Rubbinns; 05-24-2013 at 03:25 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    Our investigations turned up an issue with (maximum) caster levels and two groups of spells: Spells which use projectiles such as Lightning Bolt, and spells that deal lingering area damage such as Wall of Fire or Radiant Servant healing aura.

We believe this caster level issue does not extend to other kinds of spells.

We are working on a fix.
    If there is indeed a bug reducing the effective caster level of spells, can you explain why current damage numbers line up with their expected calculated results as I have shown? What factors other than base damage, caster level, and spell power are affecting spell damage?

Quote Originally Posted by Muspellsheimr View Post
    If there is indeed a bug reducing the effective caster level of spells, can you explain why current damage numbers line up with their expected calculated results as I have shown? What factors other than base damage, caster level, and spell power are affecting spell damage?
    Don't forget max/emp.

Edit: nvm, seen it now. :P forums are hard to see with ipad now lol.
    Last edited by Viconiax; 05-24-2013 at 04:51 PM.

Still parking my caster and waiting for a fix. I guess I can't play it for all the weekend. I've also noticed that many casters are playing their melees at the moment, obviously lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Severlin and Severlin Online. PLAY FOR FREE* NOW!

*maybe
    Farwil, Chaos Gamblers - Argonessen.

Community Member

We are working on a fix.
    It is really great to see you getting ahead of this with some information, Varg. I think that the majority of the community really appreciates it. Things go wrong sometimes, and it helps to know that something is actively being done to correct it.

However, and this is not directed at you simply a statement about how things look from the outside:
    The enhancement is not obsolete: That text being there at all is a bug. However, we're checking to make sure it's working as it's intended to (which is the same as it used to in Update 17).
    This seems like a straight up revision control failure, with changes concerning the Enhancement Trees going in with material ready for Live. I don't think that any of the companies that I have worked for would be willing to accept this kind of project management failure. Even if it is only the text description that was erroneously changed, and not the actual code, that still speaks volumes about the state of revision control going on.

Community Member

I am a New Player with Toons at 20, 19, and LOWER. None have TRed. I have lost Magic Power from 10-50 % , which is nearly the same as the lower Spell Power being shown. Most of my Spell Power comes from Inplements of Universal (Potency) or Spell Caster Implement. Now when I cast a spell, it takes more hits to get the same Kill. Even Meteor Shower is a Lot Lower in power.

Since, when I started playing 1.5 years, I built my own Guild and do not play PvP and play at my own pace, it has been fun. There are 3 Players in the Guild at lvl 37.

Hmm... *keeps sitting around, waiting for a hotfix*... hmm... *gets bored*..

Know what, Turbine? Ragnarok 2 is out and I'm going to see if it keeps me interested for 10+ years like the first did (and still does). I'll check out in a month or two if you fixed anything. And in the meantime, no sub money for you... tata.

/waves
    DDO-Europe 2006/2010 - Aureon/Keeper

I'm blunt as a rock and can seem aggressive because of it. Be aware of that when reading my posts.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thordicain View Post
    I am a New Player with Toons at 20, 19, and LOWER. None have TRed. I have lost Magic Power from 10-50 % , which is nearly the same as the lower Spell Power being shown. Most of my Spell Power comes from Inplements of Universal (Potency) or Spell Caster Implement. Now when I cast a spell, it takes more hits to get the same Kill. Even Meteor Shower is a Lot Lower in power.

Since, when I started playing 1.5 years, I built my own Guild and do not play PvP and play at my own pace, it has been fun. There are 3 Players in the Guild at lvl 37.
    The loss of spell power shown on charracter sheet is just a display bug. Turbine have comfirmed this and many have tested it, including myself in this thread. What you are losing is caster level increases and spell crit increases.

Quote Originally Posted by wizza View Post
    recap that can be found at page 4:

Original op:

Details can be found here on a lamannia thread.

As you can see, it was found in lamannia. It was bug reported at least three times by me and it still made it live.

The bug is, right now on live, i'm looking at damage you see in the left-handed pics of the thread linked. That means i'm doing 50% less damage than i'm supposed to do and that's not just it.

Also, spell critical chance is bugged, resulting in much much less criticals. Probably, and this is just pure speculation, the items are not working correctly and not applying the 12% critical chance.

The same goes for spell critical damage: Before u18, chain lightning was used to do 2.3k damage on a crit, now it's doing 1.2k damage.

I bugged reported on lamannia, i made a post on a lamannia thread, twice, i showed you screenshots of the bugs, what was happening and maybe why and how and it still went live.

My disappointment is huge. Hope this is going to be fixed asap.
    wai

Quote Originally Posted by Aussir View Post
    Does that mean that bug reports are ignored?
    LOL, Actually kind of I guess.
    Look what the auto reply mail is when you submit a bug (on Live, not test):

>>
    Thank you for contacting Turbine with your report. We value our player's input and appreciate your taking the time to provide Turbine with your valuable feedback.

We're sorry that you are experiencing this difficulty, but we appreciate your contacting us to make us aware of this and the issue you have reported is under investigation.

The report you have submitted here was done via the "Report a Bug" form, which will not necessarily result in a timely response or resolution to your issue. On the "Report a Bug" page, this information is reiterated for your convenience. While we may investigate reports submitted via the 'Report a Bug' form, QA cannot resolve individual or character issues in game or on the forums.

<<

Note this bit: "The report you have submitted here was done via the "Report a Bug" form, which will not necessarily result in a timely response or resolution to your issue."

Yes how else should I report a bug? It's done via the official ddo site, you get relayed to turbine bug reporting system. So fine. Seems official to me. Is there any other way?

But on further reading the second part seems to be the main message.
    As in: although reported in the official way it is not very likely to be picked up anytime soon ...

I work in IT so I only reported one thing at the time & that which I can reproduce:
    the Spell power issue from spell implement (spell implement bonus no longer works, so 15 implement bonus = 0)

And yeah I noticed that I'm doing quite a bit less damage, now have to drink SP potions like I've never done before ...

Quote Originally Posted by Flavilandile View Post
    Like all the Spell Power reduction we see right now, this is part of the NGE... erm Enhancement Pass that is going to be poured down our throat soon.

They are not going to change anything to what has been seen in the alpha of the enhancement pass ( ok, well maybe tweak a bit the costs ), so Sorcerors are going to be irrelevant, wizards are going to be irrelevant, Clerics are going to be Healbots, FvS are doing to be Healbots, Bards are doing to be even more irrelevant than today, Rogues are doing to be Repeating Crossbow Assassins or Pole Dancers and so on ad nauseam.
    Also, get ready for an age wherein bizzare caster level multi-class builds can eek out more spell power than a pure caster (with equipment, sorry for the earlier misinfo).

For example, a Sorc 9, Wiz 6, FVS 5 build with the Enhancement pass will get more base Spellpower with the right enhancements than a pure Earth Savant Sorcerer, which is utterly messed up. Of course, this build, as I find, kinda sucks because they get agro too quickly, and sacrifice survivability and buffs for raw spell damage (and SLA damage) - though I may still end up tweaking the build a bit to see if I can make it work in the next Lama phase.

On the plus side, at least now I know I want to TR my main character into the Ultimate Shadow Wraith Ninja build that I've cooked up during Lamannia's Enhancement Alpha Preview (1)!

(1) If you're curious about the build, shoot me a PM, but don't expect me to publish the build (don't want Turbine nerfing Shiradi, necromancers, or Ninjas before they're even out)!
    Last edited by Ziindarax; 05-26-2013 at 05:41 PM.
    Ziind Stargazer - Level 12 fighter/6 Barbarian/2 rogue Half-Orc (Neutral Good) - Formerly a level 20 Paladin Human - Orien

Fernian Summer Carnival

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    RECAP THAT CAN BE FOUND AT PAGE 4:

Original OP:

Details can be found HERE on a LAMANNIA THREAD.

As you can see, it was found in Lamannia. It was bug reported at least THREE TIMES by me and it still made it live.

The bug is, right now on live, I'm looking at damage you see in the left-handed pics of the thread linked. That means I'm doing 50% LESS DAMAGE than I'm supposed to do and that's not JUST IT.

Also, Spell critical chance is bugged, resulting in much much less Criticals. Probably, and this is just pure speculation, the items are not working correctly and not applying the 12% critical chance.

The same goes for Spell critical damage: before U18, Chain lightning was used to do 2.3k damage on a Crit, now it's doing 1.2k damage.

I bugged reported on Lamannia, I made a post on a Lamannia thread, TWICE, I showed you Screenshots of the bugs, what was happening and maybe why and how AND IT STILL WENT LIVE.

My disappointment is huge. Hope this is going to be fixed ASAP.
    I reported this days ago. THIS IS NOT A DISPLAY ERROR in my situation. And no one has done anything about it.
    It seems none of the weapons in my inventory, except wands, and including Wizard's Ward are not properly contributing to my spellpower. However, the Planar Erudition and Draconic set bonuses are correctly working.

Community Member

I never understand why some people react to unexpected diminished abilities with "finally, XXX SHOULD have been nerfed, it was OP!"

Really? That's how you want the game to operate?

Let's set aside the question of whether or not any claims about something being overpowered are true. For the sake of argument, let's suppose a class, a specific ability, feat, or weapon actually IS overpowered. Do you really think the right solution is to slip a change into the game unannounced? Say nothing while half the population thinks its a bug? Then finally, after scores of bug reports and complaints on the forums, only then have it confirmed as an intended change? Or confirmed as a bug, only to have it persist through several updates, to the point where it doesn't matter whether it's an intended change or not, it's still a nerf?

Apply the above method to YOUR favorite class. Or weapon. Or feat. Is that how you want the game to operate?

In short: Think twice before applauding unannounced nerfs.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast