Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Not 100% sure that's the spellpower thats bugged.
    The numbers in your test pretty match MCL being borked.
    Before you had MCl10+3(savant)+2(TOD)+3(destiny) right? If we assume that now it's cast with MCL 10 the numbers match (not exactly but close enough). Same thing with Chain lightning MCL28 dropping to 20 (match a little less well but we don't have a huge sample of numbers).
    Repair spells and MM still hit for the same amount right? Both would not be affected by MCL being borked (unless you have a staff of power).

Doesn't explain the crit difference looks like lost about 0.5 crit multiplier. Wether it's because items are not applying their lore or the base crit multiplier got lowered need some changes.

Guess what casters are the least affected... Shiradi, that don't care about MCL anyway. Still affected by the crit change though.
    Pirotesse (battle-trap), Clausius (old style paly), Cadhu (swat fighter), Abysinthe (cleric), Sephiria (sorc), Dragunova (archer), Mauhin (wiz), Muhrahin(wf juggernauth), Azred(tempest), Birebash(sniper cleric), Bashibouzouk (barb), Salud(battle bard), Sniperovitch (repeater), Iraelle(battle cleric)

ya this is really jacked up. and wail still isn't working right? *** ? You guys are a real mess over there

This isn't a nerf to Shiradi..

My Cleric is down 63 across the board in spell power.

Shiradi is where I am getting better numbers, since I don't think I've crit one time--I have full smite line with all crits, as well as Draconic Mind set, and have even tried a 12% instead of jsut the 9% from armor.
    I also use energy burst, and the loss is quite noticeable.
    Last edited by moops; 05-22-2013 at 05:31 PM.
    Hexxa CLR 25 *TR* * ~Hexanna ~*TR* FVS 25 * Hexecuter CLR 20 *Flexanna RGR/R/M 18/1/1 *TR* * Flexa FTR/R 18/2 TR * Hextravaganz Bard *TR* 18/2 * Hexotic Sorc 13 * Hexquisite Wiz 23 * ~~Quantum Entropy * SARLONA~~ - * and various other scoundrels

From what I checked on the live server, it seems the Implement bonus from my scepter is not being added. Maybe the bug is related to the items themselves?

Quote Originally Posted by bbcjoke View Post
    From what I checked on the live server, it seems the Implement bonus from my scepter is not being added. Maybe the bug is related to the items themselves?
    That is just a display bug as stated by Kookie in my other thread, a couple of threads below this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Severlin and Severlin Online. PLAY FOR FREE* NOW!

*maybe
    Farwil, Chaos Gamblers - Argonessen.

Even more bug:

The critical enhancements line are changed on live. The first one starts at 1% and goes up to 6%, pre U18 it was 4% that went up to 9%.

3% critical chance nerf.

Yay.

*maybe

Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    Even more bug:
    Bug. Yes, someone accidentally went in and modified the descriptions to enhancements so that they (accidentally) listed about exactly the percentage that my sorc is critting with or without items (6%, or about 1 out of 15 shots). <-- This is me rolling my eyes.

What has most likely happened is that changes meant for a later update were included in this one and the mix isn't meshing very well. That means, however, that they are probably making changes to the way spell damage works (again), and I wouldn't be expecting them to improve it dramatically. Anything is possible, but even I don't give Turbine that little of credit.

I'm starting to wonder if any of you tested a caster of any kind on the skill/enhancement pass preview from Lammania... otherwise, you would know what is going on and what ended up on live that shouldn't be here...
    DDO-Europe 2006/2010 - Aureon/Keeper

I'm blunt as a rock and can seem aggressive because of it. Be aware of that when reading my posts.

Community Member

I am a new player (relatively) and just lost a good chunk of Spell Power. I only play Wizards and use tools from the DDO Chests. They are no longer functioning correctly. Frustrated with the new Update.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raithe View Post
    Yes, its a bug. There are a lot of those. Does it need fixed? No, not really. Reducing spell power is something that should have happened a long time ago if the game were to maintain a respectable number of players.
    None of this is your decision to make. Stop trolling this and every other post that goes up on the forum. It is getting very old. You are worse than Hendrik and Batharok. You guys think you are defending Turbine, but you are making them look worse, because you post such awful spiteful nonsense "on their behalf".

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raithe View Post
    Yes, its a bug. There are a lot of those. Does it need fixed? No, not really. Reducing spell power is something that should have happened a long time ago if the game were to maintain a respectable number of players. In this case, its just something to work around - an imbalance that makes you adjust your fine-tuning and playstyle (slightly).
    Seriously, your whole position is based on the idea that casters were too powerful? All changes like this achieve are a reduction in self-sufficient characters. A tilt towards a melee DPS centric game, creates a demand for more healers. There have always been a shortage of people wanting to play healers, because most people want to be part of the fun, rather than facilitating that for others. If you think that game mechanics changes will force more people to play the role of an enabler for melee DPS characters, rather than drive even more disenfranchised players from the game, then you are committing a serious error of judgement.

Community Member

there is no way that this can be WAI. I have a lvl 25 sorc with at least 240 electric spell power and with a fully maximized and empowered lightening bolt I am only doing 200 points of dmg. How can anyone think that is good or balanced?

I ran the new quests. There is something wrong if a lvl 25 maxed out sorc in draconic struggles in a lvl 17 quest.

I am not sure but seems as my melee isn't quite doing the dmg he once was doing also. I wonder if the horc power attack and the barb power attack are stacking. With a 70 str and ESOS my base dmg is only about 100-150, not including splash dmg and cleaves.

This is a preview of things to come.

Based upon this and what's going on in Lamannia, I believe Turbine is toning down our DPS across all level ranges, especially higher levels. Why is this? I can list a few reasons:

• Lag. Plain and simple. It's been mentioned several times by the developers that high DPS causes problems in the game, one of which is in the Spinner of Shadows, where if you do enough DPS, the boss glitches out and breaks the quest.
    • Too much power. Way too many people were complaining that casters were overpowered, content was trivial due to casters, exc., exc., and so it is likely Turbine took notice and decided to nerf spellpower. It may also be an attempt to combat the power creep going on in the game.
    • To diversify classes more. If people realize that spellcasters are not as powerful as they once were, they may turn to other classes to create more variety in the game.

But you can pretty much bet that this is an attempt to rob us of our power and set us back in our 'place', or at least that's what the developers would call it, I am sure. No longer will casters overgrow like vines and take over stuff, they will now be put in their place.
    Here's a riddle for you: What do you call people who play the game for only a day and apparently know everything?

Quote Originally Posted by Katie_Seaglen View Post
    Stop trolling this and every other post that goes up on the forum. It is getting very old. You are worse than Hendrik and Batharok.
    I think it is funny how you tell others to stop trolling just to then engage in an own and even worse pathetic attempt of trolling the thread.

Please, enlighten us. How did you manage translate, "it's probably a bug" into "mindlessly defending Turbine" or "Spellpower was too high to begin with" into "worse than other posters".

The people you named have as much right of an opinion, even if their opinion does not generally sound like a three year old having a tamper tantrum. I totally disagree with what Raithe says, but trust me the noise coming from you is worse and even more annoying.

As for the topic itself, what likely happened is that at least parts of the Enhancement pass somehow ended up on life and screwed things up. I could see Spellpower (or base damage) going down some when the pass goes life before Spellcraft/Heal/Perform skill are added on top. Anyway, I am seeing the same thing on my Sorc right now too where spell damage seems to have gone down some 40 to 50%.
    Characters on Sarlona: Ungnad (Morninglord, Wizard 17 / Favored Soul 2 / Fighter 1) -- Baerktghar (Dwarf, Paladin 18 / Fighter 2) -- Simulacruhm (Bladeforged, Artificer 16 / Paladin 3 / Wizard 1)

No matter what side of the argument you are on, you always find people on your side that you wish were on the other.
    -- Jascha Heifetz

Quote Originally Posted by Beethoven View Post
    I think it is funny how you tell others to stop trolling just to then engage in an own and even worse pathetic attempt of trolling the thread.

Please, enlighten us. How did you manage translate, "it's probably a bug" into "mindlessly defending Turbine" or "Spellpower was too high to begin with" into "worse than other posters".

The people you named have as much right of an opinion, even if their opinion does not generally sound like a three year old having a tamper tantrum. I totally disagree with what Raithe says, but trust me the noise coming from you is worse and even more annoying.

As for the topic itself, what likely happened is that at least parts of the Enhancement pass somehow ended up on life and screwed things up. I could see Spellpower (or base damage) going down some when the pass goes life before Spellcraft/Heal/Perform skill are added on top. Anyway, I am seeing the same thing on my Sorc right now too where spell damage seems to have gone down some 40 to 50%.
    His calling a bug a good thing is defending turbine in a backwards way. It's basically saying,
    "everything turbine does is great, they **** gold, even their mistakes are good for the game"

This obviously isn't true and with his history of posting misinformation it has to be an effort to troll, in which he has succeeded.

Community Member

Kookie.

We all know that math proves nothing (C.F. Shade). That being said, I can empiracally state the following on my shiradi:

My displayed Spell Power has gone from 305 to 220. This means that as far as the character sheet is concerned the following are the only things being applied: Equipment [120], Enhancements [100]. The following are not being applied/shown on character sheet: Artifact (Blue Dragon) [15], Psionic (Planar Conflux) [15], Universal (+8 Twilight) [24], Shiradi Auto-Grants [10], Fey Form (3/3) [15], Healing Spring (3/3) [6].

Please note that is is a reduction of displayed SP of 220/305 -> 0.72131147541 -> 72% (rounded).

In the mean time, my median Magic Missile has gone from 22 damage to 16 damage. This is a reduction of 16/22 -> 0.72727272727 -> 73% (rounded).

Oddly, the difference is 1% (rounded), or 0.59% (unrounded), which is about what you would expect to see from a pretty consistant spell such as Magic Missile.

No offence, but at this point, the SP display bug is actually affecting *actual* spell power. If this is a caster nerf on the sly, congratulations, you've just made *every* caster build irrelevant. Including healers. This will actually kill the game. Good work there.

I've reported this through the forum bug reporter, but the in-game bug-reporter is a consistant 404 error for me. Might want to additionally fix that,

Regards,

Walchek
    Walchek @ Ghallanda

Can we please stop feeding the trolls? I don't want this thread locked.

And please read the thread before posting. A few recap:

1) About the numbers you get in your Spell power sheet: it's just a display bug, confirmed by Kookie Kobold HERE

2) Most likely, and this is a not-so-wild assumption made by me and a few other posters, the MCL bonuses are not applying correctly, that's why our spells are doing so less damage. Instead of casting Lightning Bolt at CL18, we are casting at CL10.

3) The bug-nerf into the Spell critical enhancement (went from 9 to 6% because the first tier is 1% instead of 4%): it's probably one of the changes that was coming with the enhancement pass. However, our beloved trolls, have no idea that every spell caster should get a free 5% critical chance at level 1 that we are not getting at the moment on live. So either they fix the first tier of Spell critical enhancement on live now, or they should give us that free 5% that we are supposed to have with the enhancement pass.

This same recap will be posted in the OP.

*maybe

Community Member

Just tested out my lvl 10 sorc that currently TRing. She is Water Savant I, combat log say casting at lvl12 which is correct and also getting 3 lances(requires lvl 11) from Frost Lance spell. So +2CL increases are working, cant tell if Im getting +1MCL though. I went to Red Fens explorer area and killed 87 mobs with just Frost Lance and only got 1 crit. Before u18 I would have had 6% crit from enhancements and 6% from item. Now it seem I just have 3%, if that, from enhancements.

Just checked spell power alone:

- My jugg is reconstructing himself, with a 190 spell power (100 enhancements + 90 ring artificer) for a total of 435.

- My wiz shiradi, with 180 spell power on bugged display, reconstructed for 502 (she has 100 enh + 80 potency + 30 implement bonus + 25 shiradi), with healing spring (another +6) reconstructed for 511.

The two cases are the same amount i was reconstructing myself before U18.
    Thelanis - Officer of Reinos Olvidados: Henkyh, Neghi, Konokka, Kufei, Bartolomew, Rovinh, Artinata

2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by quijenoth View Post
    My Favored Soul Smite Critical tool tips reads something along the lines of...

"An Obsolete enhancement that doesn't do anything anymore!"
    Like all the Spell Power reduction we see right now, this is part of the NGE... erm Enhancement Pass that is going to be poured down our throat soon.

They are not going to change anything to what has been seen in the alpha of the enhancement pass ( ok, well maybe tweak a bit the costs ), so Sorcerors are going to be irrelevant, wizards are going to be irrelevant, Clerics are going to be Healbots, FvS are doing to be Healbots, Bards are doing to be even more irrelevant than today, Rogues are doing to be Repeating Crossbow Assassins or Pole Dancers and so on ad nauseam.
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast