Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 195
  1. #41
    Community Member Trillea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    4,249

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raithe View Post
    I'm not defending Turbine. I'm defending the idea of lowering spell damage.
    OK, Raithe, here's a question for you. With the absolutely stupid levels of monster saving throws in EE GH, if sorcs are nerfed into the ground damage-wise, what the heck are they supposed to do to contribute in EE?
    Quote Originally Posted by Philam View Post
    I nominate you as head developer of DDO!
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    That tears it. I need to get a donkey.
    Concentrated power is the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

  2. #42
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raithe View Post
    what the game needed to have happen through competence in game design. Yes, DDO has a LOT of bugs.


    I agree, which is why I'm not doing that. People are leaving the game because spellcasters and other ranged characters make the game look silly. It's been a constant trickle out the door since update 9. We're approaching Update 18, and Turbine has yet to make ammends.

    But by heck they better fix it before they actually fix it...
    What the game needs is not what you're suggesting, at all.

    People are not leaving because shiradi and furyshot. Those things actually make people play.

  3. #43

    Default

    Neat. I didn't think this bug would make to live until the enhancement pass.

  4. #44
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chrisdinus7 View Post
    Neat. I didn't think this bug would make to live until the enhancement pass.
    Maybe its filed under "Shiradi fix"? That would be one fat nerf bat!

  5. #45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by csivils View Post
    Maybe its filed under "Shiradi fix"? That would be one fat nerf bat!
    Well, if it functions as the Lam version of the bug did, then actually it nerfs non-shiradi more than shiradi. I'll probably do some testing soon to see.

  6. #46
    Community Member Raithe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,482

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trillea View Post
    OK, Raithe, here's a question for you. With the absolutely stupid levels of monster saving throws in EE GH, if sorcs are nerfed into the ground damage-wise, what the heck are they supposed to do to contribute in EE?
    Two words... Web and Otto's Irrestible. EES, NBC, and destiny abilities (including Shiradi effects) for rednames. That's about it. You now know why EE is stupid and is only a (meta)game for those who have no desire for complex gaming.

    Meanwhile the Arti is scoring double the kills as THE ENTIRE REST OF THE PARTY in most low level content, and the sorc and wizard are wiping the floor with epic hard mobs so that you have to bring a few melee to even make it seem like a contest.

    The game is hardly about epic elite. You could probably chalk epic elite up to being a factor for player loss, as well. Some people don't like the "hardest difficulty" of the game to be so mundane and boring.

  7. #47
    Community Member Wizza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,794

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raithe View Post
    Two words... Web and Otto's Irrestible. EES, NBC, and destiny abilities (including Shiradi effects) for rednames. That's about it. You now know why EE is stupid and is only a (meta)game for those who have no desire for complex gaming.
    Oh dear god, I never laughed so hard probably in my entire life. WEB AND OTTOS people, that's what Sorcerers are for!

    I can't stop laughing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Severlin and Severlin Online. PLAY FOR FREE* NOW!

    *maybe
    Farwil, Chaos Gamblers - Argonessen.

  8. #48
    Community Member Raithe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,482

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rubbinns View Post
    People are not leaving because shiradi and furyshot. Those things actually make people play.
    That you would even think that is hilarious. People like balance to their games. It's probably even part of the very definition of a game, but I'm not going to bother looking it up - your mindset is just utter nonsense.

    You can look at the stats youself. The web site that catalogs DDO logins and reports usage shows that fighters are the MOST popular class at low levels, but by level 20 they are one of the LEAST popular. Many of those fighters don't get rerolled into wizards in DDO, they get rerolled into Jedis in SWTOR.

  9. #49
    Community Member Charononus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    5,345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    Oh dear god, I never laughed so hard probably in my entire life. WEB AND OTTOS people, that's what Sorcerers are for!

    I can't stop laughing.
    That's raithe he has a posting history of garbage

    things in the list
    dc casters shouldn't take heighten
    max empowered cures are more effiecient than heal
    ext ext the list goes on and on.

  10. #50

    Default

    Let me add the +max caster level does nothing on live either. Exactly like the Lam bug. Maybe now we can at least get it fixed before the enhancement pass.

  11. #51
    Community Member Aussir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    509

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    Oh dear god, I never laughed so hard probably in my entire life. WEB AND OTTOS people, that's what Sorcerers are for!

    I can't stop laughing.
    Sure it is! Excuse me while I go dump all my spells and keep only web and otto's... how could I be so blind! Of course sorcerers are web+otto bots! Tsh!
    DDO-Europe 2006/2010 - Aureon/Keeper

    I'm blunt as a rock and can seem aggressive because of it. Be aware of that when reading my posts.

  12. #52
    The Hatchery SHOCK_and_AWE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    The Moon
    Posts
    204

    Default

    Regarding the bug itself, from what I've seen on my character sheets and in dungeons I think that all item enhancements to spell criticals were lost and only Enhancement, Feat (Maximize & Empower), and Equipment bonuses to spellpower are applying or are not stacking with the other sources of spellpower (no more Artifact, Implement, or Epic Destiny Ability bonuses to spellpower).
    "Freedom is the sovereign right of every American!"
    -Liberty Prime™

  13. #53
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    516

    Default

    My Favored Soul Smite Critical tool tips reads something along the lines of...

    "An Obsolete enhancement that doesn't do anything anymore!"
    1) "Quijenoth" Main Arcane Caster, 2life PM, 3life BrdTR, 4life FvS.
    2) "Vallaes" Melee Tank build, 2nd life Barbarian.
    3) "Elvraema" Experiments, 1-Mnk6/FvS14 Solo build. 2-"Dronker"

  14. #54
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raithe View Post
    That you would even think that is hilarious. People like balance to their games. It's probably even part of the very definition of a game, but I'm not going to bother looking it up - your mindset is just utter nonsense.

    You can look at the stats youself. The web site that catalogs DDO logins and reports usage shows that fighters are the MOST popular class at low levels, but by level 20 they are one of the LEAST popular. Many of those fighters don't get rerolled into wizards in DDO, they get rerolled into Jedis in SWTOR.
    That you would say it is even more hilarious. I like your stats, did you make those up yourself, or you have numbers of fighters at level 20 rereolling into another game? Nonsense, utterly. Im here all day for you if you need me.

  15. #55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SHOCK_and_AWE View Post
    Regarding the bug itself, from what I've seen on my character sheets and in dungeons I think that all item enhancements to spell criticals were lost and only Enhancement, Feat (Maximize & Empower), and Equipment bonuses to spellpower are applying or are not stacking with the other sources of spellpower (no more Artifact, Implement, or Epic Destiny Ability bonuses to spellpower).
    Yep. Lore items do nothing. Max caster level bonuses from any source do nothing, and several types of spellpower bonus don't stack. Draconic incarnation does almost nothing as a destiny now.

  16. #56
    Community Member Wizza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,794

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SHOCK_and_AWE View Post
    Regarding the bug itself, from what I've seen on my character sheets and in dungeons I think that all item enhancements to spell criticals were lost and only Enhancement, Feat (Maximize & Empower), and Equipment bonuses to spellpower are applying or are not stacking with the other sources of spellpower (no more Artifact, Implement, or Epic Destiny Ability bonuses to spellpower).
    Nop. As Kookie also stated in the other thread, the bonuses to Spell power are all applying correctly, even if there is a display bug.

    Regarding Spell critical chance and Spell critical damage: those were also the assumptions we made in the lamannia thread. Items probably are not working correctly.

    However, there is one last problem with Spell damage itself: while Spell power is actually the same, the damage from spells is lowered by 30-50% even on non-crits, as you can see from the Screenshots.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Severlin and Severlin Online. PLAY FOR FREE* NOW!

    *maybe
    Farwil, Chaos Gamblers - Argonessen.

  17. #57
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    Nop. As Kookie also stated in the other thread, the bonuses to Spell power are all applying correctly, even if there is a display bug.

    Regarding Spell critical chance and Spell critical damage: those were also the assumptions we made in the lamannia thread. Items probably are not working correctly.

    However, there is one last problem with Spell damage itself: while Spell power is actually the same, the damage from spells is lowered by 30-50% even on non-crits, as you can see from the Screenshots.
    More than that, I took my lv 18 cleric- wis 40, grt evo bracers, maximize, impulse 70s item, impact pots and entered normal Evestar quests. Werewolves played hopscotch with my Blade Barriers.

  18. #58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    Nop. As Kookie also stated in the other thread, the bonuses to Spell power are all applying correctly, even if there is a display bug.

    Regarding Spell critical chance and Spell critical damage: those were also the assumptions we made in the lamannia thread. Items probably are not working correctly.

    However, there is one last problem with Spell damage itself: while Spell power is actually the same, the damage from spells is lowered by 30-50% even on non-crits, as you can see from the Screenshots.
    On Lam, that was generally do to the loss of max caster levels. For example, Lightning bolt for savant gets +3 MCL, +2 MCL from the ToD set, and up to +3 MCL from draconic. Meaning, you should get an effective caster level of 18. But now you only get 10. So, you lose close to half the power. If you are not using draconic, you go from 15 to 10, about a third of the power. At least, that is how it worked on Lamannia where tested this extensively.

  19. #59
    Community Member Aussir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    509

    Default

    Guys, think of this as a preview to the clusterf**k that the enhancement pass is going to be.

    Now, Turbine... how about a hotfix instead of waiting 10 ages for a patch? Playing casters is a joke right now, might as well not play them.


    Also... for those who weren't there or not aware of the changes, what's going on is this:

    - Game is treating casters as not having any ranks on their respective skills (heal, spellcraft, etc)
    - Game is treating casters as if they have the future s**t crit rates and the change to only 100% crit damage.
    - Game is treating us as casters are effectively on the future enhancement bork and those enhancements do not have crits in them.

    In other words: They ignored the bug reports in Lammania, screwed up to hell and now we're playing with enhancement pass version of casters which is USELESS in the live game.


    About Spell Power...

    On one of the devchats, I raised concerns about this loss of power to which I was told that Spellcraft should be an option and the loss of power isn't WAI and would be checked. I don't know if I was taken seriously or not, but the proof is out for everyone to see.

    If you don't have Spellcraft, you LOSE power instead of keeping what you have and adding some. Had this been working properly, with a shift of 2 points from a stat, sorcerers could get some 20 more spell power and wizards could get very close to sorcerer's spell power or even surpass it a little.

    So, Turbine... HOTFIX OR WHAT? And fix that s**t with spell power while you're at it.
    Last edited by Aussir; 05-22-2013 at 04:44 PM.
    DDO-Europe 2006/2010 - Aureon/Keeper

    I'm blunt as a rock and can seem aggressive because of it. Be aware of that when reading my posts.

  20. #60
    Community Member Wizza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,794

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chrisdinus7 View Post
    On Lam, that was generally do to the loss of max caster levels. For example, Lightning bolt for savant gets +3 MCL, +2 MCL from the ToD set, and up to +3 MCL from draconic. Meaning, you should get an effective caster level of 18. But now you only get 10. So, you lose close to half the power. If you are not using draconic, you go from 15 to 10, about a third of the power. At least, that is how it worked on Lamannia where tested this extensively.
    Yeah, that would also be my guess and what someone else suggested. The MCL system is wonky and we are casting Lightning bolt at CL 10 and Chain Lightning at CL20, lowering their damage output by a lot.

    This just shows that casting at level 36 is abolutely worthless with the very few (+8) MCL increases that we have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Severlin and Severlin Online. PLAY FOR FREE* NOW!

    *maybe
    Farwil, Chaos Gamblers - Argonessen.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload