Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Community Member

Default this is funny

Yeah tested on live...wow I'm down 61 spell power...that I know of.

15 from GH set
    15 form citw set
    10 form stand and deliver
    21 implement from twilight.

AWESOME job, once again AWESOME job failbine.

Why do some people still pay $15 per month for this???

And yes, fanbois can come blast my post, but **** like this happens ALL THE TIME lately.

Turbine, I was thinking about shelving out $49 to pre-order. But, you know what, I will rather go buy beer with it and pee it out the next morning, as I know what will happen with expansion.

Will be like MOTU. You pre-order, flag for raid in few days, then find out the grand finale is broken, and not getting fixed for months on end.

Community Member

Angry healing nerfed

As an RS cleric its easy to see the effects on your tic. My aura used to do from 67 to the 130's per tick, critting often. Now there are no crits, and it hits for 55 a pop, same gear. I'd estimate the loss around 50%.

Since my build is aura centric, shall I just run EH instead of EE now, or maybe just TR to melee?

I can never understand why Turbine insistson going live with game-changing bugs.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blessedwynd View Post
    I can never understand why Turbine insistson going live with game-changing bugs.
    This one is easy

They don't care. Turbine could not give a flying **** about our spell power bug. Its about the bottom line and rushing **** out for them They need to tick a box on a spreadsheet.

To some accountant or manager somewhere this is a super success, as it rolled out in time!!!

Just look at the last few months/issues and it becomes clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    It is not because it is doing nothing. Dunno how to make it easier. I could have a CL of 90 and still do nothing. 1 more CL would not affect this in any way. It can't cause a Spell critical damage loss nor a Spell critical chance loss.
    And you know this because you code for this game right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitesco View Post
    Oh and honestly, you are all carrying portal beaters on your casters? What on earth are you using it on often enough to clog up your bag with it?
    Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    Portals.

Just tested on Lama also. CL 34 has the same exact results .

Also, I've no idea what you are talking about. I never said anything about caster "deserving a certain level of power". Also, about the CL not working appropriately and makes it not worth increasing: not really the place to talk about it and it has nothing to do with this thread. You can go troll elsewhere.
    And this here is fine then...I don't care if you say it's not working, when you have other variables...Thank you for testing to make sure it wasn't a CL issue. If changing the CL has no change then ok the problem is elsewhere...Do you understand what I meant when I said IT COULD be an issue with CL....If you test it with no variables you have a much better test.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitesco View Post
    Oh and honestly, you are all carrying portal beaters on your casters? What on earth are you using it on often enough to clog up your bag with it?
    Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    Portals.

Quote Originally Posted by dredre9987 View Post
    And this here is fine then...I don't care if you say it's not working, when you have other variables...Thank you for testing to make sure it wasn't a CL issue. If changing the CL has no change then ok the problem is elsewhere...Do you understand what I meant when I said IT COULD be an issue with CL....If you test it with no variables you have a much better test.
    A bit later but I got what you meant
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Severlin and Severlin Online. PLAY FOR FREE* NOW!

*maybe
    Farwil, Chaos Gamblers - Argonessen.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by dredre9987 View Post
    And you know this because you code for this game right?
    you really cant be this obtuse, can you?

I never said anything about caster "deserving a certain level of power".
    Oh really... then what is this about:

That means I'm doing 50% LESS DAMAGE than I'm supposed to do and...
    Turbine DEFINES how much damage you are supposed to be doing. I think it's part of their contract with Hasbro/WoTC. But don't mind my "trolling," I'm just trying to stop you and others from making yourselves out to being bigger fools than you already have. For example:

Quote Originally Posted by Blessedwynd View Post
    Since my build is aura centric, shall I just run EH instead of EE now, or maybe just TR to melee?
    Yeah, you do that. TR your cleric into a melee, you won't see ANY issues there with self-healing....
    Last edited by IWIronheart; 05-22-2013 at 09:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raithe View Post
    snip
    Okay, not feeding you anymore. Bye.

*maybe

Community Member

Oh really... then what is this about:

Turbine DEFINES how much damage you are supposed to be doing. I think it's part of their contract with Hasbro/WoTC. But don't mind my "trolling,".
    I guess you should read the release notes then. I'm sure there's something in there about spell criticals being removed form the game, since that was clearly what was intended for this update.

EDIT: I think my base spell damage is the same. I can confirm that spell criticals are very near zero, or possibly at zero. According to an ongoing chat they are at a very low percentage chance (around 1%) and also with a reduced crit multiplier.
    Last edited by EvilII; 05-22-2013 at 03:12 PM.

It's simple. They wanted to nerf shiradi casters. Well here you go
    Scoobmx Scoobshot Arcscoob Beefscoob : Imperial Assassins : Argonnessen
    My Builds : Abbot Raid Manual : Weapon Damage Modeler : My Trades

Quote Originally Posted by EvilII View Post
    I guess you should read the release notes then.
    Oh, I did. I am quite sure there are 10,238 things that are not working as someone at Turbine would have them work. Turbine doesn't even agree with itself a good portion of the time (meaning individual designers within the company differ on both opinions and knowledge of existing game behavior).

My issue is entirely with the nature of the complaint, not whether the issue can be categorized as a bug or not. Since MY expectations of the game were that it be as close to tabletop D&D as they could make it, can I bug report the fact that there doesn't seem to be a way to attack drow in Faerun public zones?

Yes, its a bug. There are a lot of those. Does it need fixed? No, not really. Reducing spell power is something that should have happened a long time ago if the game were to maintain a respectable number of players. In this case, its just something to work around - an imbalance that makes you adjust your fine-tuning and playstyle (slightly).

Letting Turbine know is done in a bug report, if you care enough to bother. I imagine most bugs are caught by Turbine employees actually playing the game.
    Last edited by Raithe; 05-22-2013 at 03:24 PM.

Raithe, no one cares about your soapbox speech, Devs, HOTFIX this madness.

Letting Turbine know is done in a bug report, if you care enough to bother. I imagine most bugs are caught by Turbine employees actually playing the game.
    Any credibility that you may think you have is now forever lost. Thanks for the laugh though
    Hilarious Princess....Sorry your life is so medicore after all this time..Lol, you are scared of a farmer? with a tractor....?

Are you attempting to make a joke? This was bug reported in Lama. And reported in the Lama Forums.

"I imagine most bugs ar caught by Turbine employees actually playing the game". LOL. You have quite an imagination then.

Quote Originally Posted by eonfreon View Post
    "I imagine most bugs ar caught by Turbine employees actually playing the game". LOL. You have quite an imagination then.
    So which is it? Do bug reports get acted on, or do they not? My statement was that bug reports seem to be ignored, and that Turbine catching bugs is usually the domain of testers and QA personel, not players.

If you think I'm wrong, I'd love to hear the evidence you have. The one thing I am fairly sure of is that players do not have access to the code, so catching the bug probably involves someone who does replicating it.

Community Member Ironclans_evil_twin's Avatar

If anyone wants to figure out why this game is dwindling in population, I'm here to introduce them to Mr. Wizza and Senor Blessedwynd.
    It's farcical to suggest people are leaving DDO because of COMPLAINING about bugs, the forums might be visited by 2 or 3% of the games population.

I've defended Turbine in the past because the whining and "doom" was about trivial ladder bugs they clearly have no intention of fixing, or someone going red faced bat s*** crazy over ERRATTA in release notes, minor issues or major issues that are extremely limited in scope (only effecting a tiny percentage). You know hard to predict and nearly impossible to completely weed out before publishing content?

This problem appears at the moment to significantly lower the power of every spell power dependent caster in the game... And it was apparently reported to Turbine on lam. It doesn't seem like a reasonable or trivial case.

In any case, I'd like to pass you this Crown of Apologies, I never deserved it in the first place.
    Last edited by Ironclans_evil_twin; 05-22-2013 at 03:48 PM.

As you can see, it was found in Lamannia. It was bug reported at least THREE TIMES by me and it still made it live.
    Quote Originally Posted by eonfreon View Post
    Are you attempting to make a joke? This was bug reported in Lama. And reported in the Lama Forums.

Please, let's not feed the troll anymore. I've reported three times with the proper way + 2 threads in the Lamannia enhancement. He is just someone who wants casters nerfed to the death, as you can clearly understand from this words.

Reducing spell power is something that should have happened a long time ago if the game were to maintain a respectable number of players. In this case, its just something to work around - an imbalance that makes you adjust your fine-tuning and playstyle (slightly).
    Because nerfing Spell critical chance to the oblivion and nerfing Spell critical damage/Spell damage of about 50% - 30% is a SLIGHT nerf. Yeah.

Anyway, a GM-whoever was it just asked me to log out from the game for about 10 minutes to investigate on this problem. Will let you know if he sends me another tell when I log in again in 10 minutes.

*maybe

Someone hand the pom-poms to Raithe and let him cheer for Turbine while we give the whole amount of ZERO f****s about his drivel.
    DDO-Europe 2006/2010 - Aureon/Keeper

I'm blunt as a rock and can seem aggressive because of it. Be aware of that when reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironclans_evil_twin View Post
    I've defended Turbine in the past...
    I'm not defending Turbine. I'm defending the idea of lowering spell damage. Turbine has accomplished through incompetence (or perhaps feigned incompetence to see the impacts of change without admitting it) what the game needed to have happen through competence in game design. Yes, DDO has a LOT of bugs. I've found that other MMOs have even more, way more. Those other bugs aren't headlining because they don't (so directly) impact the power level of characters that are grossly mismatched to the content. In other words, this thread is about screwing with someone's easy button.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironclans_evil_twin View Post
    In any case it's farcical to suggest people are leaving DDO because of COMPLAINING about bugs,
    I agree, which is why I'm not doing that. People are leaving the game because spellcasters and other ranged characters make the game look silly. It's been a constant trickle out the door since update 9. We're approaching Update 18, and Turbine has yet to make ammends.

But by heck they better fix it before they actually fix it...

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast