Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Default SERIOUS BUG WENT LIVE: Spell Power, Critical chance and spell critical damage NOT WAI

RECAP THAT CAN BE FOUND AT PAGE 4:

Can we please stop feeding the trolls? I don't want this thread locked.

And please read the thread before posting. A few recap:

1) About the numbers you get in your Spell power sheet: it's just a display bug, confirmed by Kookie Kobold HERE

2) Most likely, and this is a not-so-wild assumption made by me and a few other posters, the MCL bonuses are not applying correctly, that's why our spells are doing so less damage. Instead of casting Lightning Bolt at CL18, we are casting at CL10.

3) NEW The bug-nerf into the Spell critical enhancement (went from 9 to 6% because the first tier is 1% instead of 4%): it's probably one of the changes that was coming with the enhancement pass. However, our beloved trolls, have no idea that every spell caster should get a free 5% critical chance at level 1 that we are not getting at the moment on live. So either they fix the first tier of Spell critical enhancement on live now, or they should give us that free 5% that we are supposed to have with the enhancement pass.

Original OP:

Details can be found HERE on a LAMANNIA THREAD.

As you can see, it was found in Lamannia. It was bug reported at least THREE TIMES by me and it still made it live.

The bug is, right now on live, I'm looking at damage you see in the left-handed pics of the thread linked. That means I'm doing 50% LESS DAMAGE than I'm supposed to do and that's not JUST IT.

Also, Spell critical chance is bugged, resulting in much much less Criticals. Probably, and this is just pure speculation, the items are not working correctly and not applying the 12% critical chance.

The same goes for Spell critical damage: before U18, Chain lightning was used to do 2.3k damage on a Crit, now it's doing 1.2k damage.

I bugged reported on Lamannia, I made a post on a Lamannia thread, TWICE, I showed you Screenshots of the bugs, what was happening and maybe why and how AND IT STILL WENT LIVE.

My disappointment is huge. Hope this is going to be fixed ASAP.
    Last edited by Wizza; 05-23-2013 at 03:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Severlin and Severlin Online. PLAY FOR FREE* NOW!

*maybe
    Farwil, Chaos Gamblers - Argonessen.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post

As you can see, it was found in Lamannia. It was bug reported at least THREE TIMES by me and it still made it live.

The bug is, right now on live, I'm looking at damage you see in the left-handed pics of the thread linked. That means I'm doing 50% LESS DAMAGE than I'm supposed to do and that's not JUST IT.

Also, Spell critical chance is bugged, resulting in much much less Criticals. Probably, and this is just pure speculation, the items are not working correctly and not applying the 12% critical chance.

The same goes for Spell critical damage: before U18, Chain lightning was used to do 2.3k damage on a Crit, now it's doing 1.2k damage.

I bugged reported on Lamannia, I made a post on a Lamannia thread, TWICE, I showed you Screenshots of the bugs, what was happening and maybe why and how AND IT STILL WENT LIVE.

Sounds like the enhancement pass changes went live ahead of the enhancement pass.

Did you notice on Live your log says casting at level 34 and lamma says casting at level 33?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitesco View Post
    Oh and honestly, you are all carrying portal beaters on your casters? What on earth are you using it on often enough to clog up your bag with it?
    Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    Portals.

Lol... that's a leftover from the enhancement pass. Now people can see how much of a gimp that thing will make casters.
    DDO-Europe 2006/2010 - Aureon/Keeper

I'm blunt as a rock and can seem aggressive because of it. Be aware of that when reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by dredre9987 View Post
    Did you notice on Live your log says casting at level 34 and lamma says casting at level 33?
    And? Resulting in 1k+ damage difference? When on most spells it doesn't even do anything? Specially not on Lightning bolt.

*maybe

And? Resulting in 1k+ damage difference? When on most spells it doesn't even do anything? Specially not on Lightning bolt.
    No not saying that but if you want to test something you might want to test the same thing.
    Oh and honestly, you are all carrying portal beaters on your casters? What on earth are you using it on often enough to clog up your bag with it?
    Portals.

classic....interns i tell ya

read by QA!

We're looking into it.

Community Member

The only surprise is that any bothers to report bugs anymore.

No not saying that but if you want to test something you might want to test the same thing.
    Already answered to that, 1 CL does nothing to Lightning bolt and Chain Lightning, one capped at 10 and the other at 20. Thanks for your contribute.

*maybe

Already answered to that, 1 CL does nothing to Lightning bolt and Chain Lightning, one capped at 10 and the other at 20. Thanks for your contribute.

And you know that in this particular case that it is not doing anything? Ok how? did you test it? if not then just .....
    Portals.

lol work harder mr QA..

Quote Originally Posted by KookieKobold View Post
    read by QA!

We're looking into it.

read by QA!

We're looking into it.
    Waiting further news, thanks.

And you know that in this particular case that it is not doing anything? Ok how? did you test it? if not then just .....
    What do you mean? It's been tested many many times that they capped. If the combat log says I'm casting at CL 36, doesn't mean that the spell is actually casted by a CL 36 player. That is because they are capped. Lightning bolt, being capped at CL10, and with the very few MCL increases that we have, has a max CL of ~20.

Reason why that CL33-34 is meaningless. The same reason why us players have been asking to get rid of the MCL/CL system.

*maybe

Waiting further news, thanks.

What do you mean? It's been tested many many times that they capped. If the combat log says I'm casting at CL 36, doesn't mean that the spell is actually casted by a CL 36 player. That is because they are capped. Lightning bolt, being capped at CL10, and with the very few MCL increases that we have, has a max CL of ~20.

Reason why that CL33-34 is meaningless. The same reason why us players have been asking to get rid of the MCL/CL system.
    What I am saying is that the CL may be causing an issue even though it shouldn't be. If you are going to test something then variations can cause issues.
    Portals.

read by QA!

We're looking into it.
    Does that mean that bug reports are ignored?
    DDO-Europe 2006/2010 - Aureon/Keeper

I'm blunt as a rock and can seem aggressive because of it. Be aware of that when reading my posts.

What I am saying is that the CL may be causing an issue even though it shouldn't be. If you are going to test something then variations can cause issues.
    It is not because it is doing nothing. Dunno how to make it easier. I could have a CL of 90 and still do nothing. 1 more CL would not affect this in any way. It can't cause a Spell critical damage loss nor a Spell critical chance loss.

*maybe

It is not because it is doing nothing. Dunno how to make it easier. I could have a CL of 90 and still do nothing. 1 more CL would not affect this in any way. It can't cause a Spell critical damage loss nor a Spell critical chance loss.
    Unless YOU have more knowledge of the code than even Turbine has, you can't really be sure what changes in character variables will affect what outcomes (unless you test it specifically and rule it out).

Charononus' comment was meant to be funny, but it's actually more true than humorous. There is no rulebook for DDO (no, D&D manuals definitely do NOT count). The game plays how the game plays. You think your caster deserves a certain level of power when casting spells?

It might, but fixing it to be appropriate would likely drop your damage lower than you are already complaining about. If caster level is not working appropriately and makes it not worth increasing your caster level, redo your enhancements and destiny points.

Went and tested it on my level 25 Draconic Sorc. Yesterday it was doing average of 1200 a lightning bolt now its doing 290 damage a bolt. Something is seriously broken.

Its made my character unplayable in endgame content now as it can no longer do the DPS it needs to be viable.

If its not fixed the Sorc class is dead.
    Server: Orien
    Guild: Over Raided
    Toons: Phasma - Swashbuckler ; Ceroni - Acrobat ; Selina Air Savant ; Cachin - Artificer

Quote Originally Posted by Raithe View Post
    Unless YOU have more knowledge of the code than even Turbine has, you can't really be sure what changes in character variables will affect what outcomes (unless you test it specifically and rule it out).

Charononus' comment was meant to be funny, but it's actually more true than humorous. There is no rulebook for DDO (no, D&D manuals definitely do NOT count). The game plays how the game plays. You think your caster deserves a certain level of power when casting spells?

It might, but fixing it to be appropriate would likely drop your damage lower than you are already complaining about. If caster level is not working appropriately and makes it not worth increasing your caster level, redo your enhancements and destiny points.
    Just tested on Lama also. CL 34 has the same exact results .

Also, I've no idea what you are talking about. I never said anything about caster "deserving a certain level of power". Also, about the CL not working appropriately and makes it not worth increasing: not really the place to talk about it and it has nothing to do with this thread. You can go troll elsewhere.

*maybe

Quote Originally Posted by Vengeance777 View Post
    Went and tested it on my level 25 Draconic Sorc. Yesterday it was doing average of 1200 a lightning bolt now its doing 290 damage a bolt. Something is seriously broken.

Its made my character unplayable in endgame content now as it can no longer do the DPS it needs to be viable.

If its not fixed the Sorc class is dead.
    Pretty much. Had to drop group because I felt I was a burden to (on?) them.

*maybe

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast