Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Muspellsheimr View Post
    I'm telling you that the damage you did prior to the update was FAR GREATER than what it was supposed to be. What you claim to be doing now is much closer to what it should be. In addition, as of U18 spellpower now has a display error - the actual spellpower of your spells is calculating correctly, and likely not what is shown on the character sheet.
    Lol. Funny how people never complain about getting far more than they should be getting and then when it's taken away they go berserk.

I guess in the end devs probably increase caster damage back to the levels before U18, which would be ridiculous considering it's more or less working as intended now and it is much more balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Forzah View Post
    Lol. Funny how people never complain about getting far more than they should be getting and then when it's taken away they go berserk.

I guess in the end devs probably increase caster damage back to the levels before U18, which would be ridiculous considering it's more or less working as intended now and it is much more balanced.
    Now if they also make blitz, shiradi and unbridled fury less ridiculous, reduce mob hp, and buff some of the weaker destinies, we'll have a lot better game.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

So it's just the description that is bugged. But by bugged what we really mean is replaced with the text from a version that shouldn't be in live yet? Replaced by what the text will be set to when the new enhancement pass goes live I presume.

My arti splash has a number of new enhancements listed that shouldn't be there either, text set to "Unknown". Lots and lots of them. Will add a screenshot if anyone's interested when I'm back on my main box tomorrow.

So really, the issue here is that the development team's controls, or the project management systems they have in place, result in pi$$ poor version control? A fairly basic requirement for software engineering?

Maybe it would be worth reviewing the version control processes in place and identifying the failing in them that allowed this to leak into live? It would help prevent future embarrassment for the Turbine team, and avoid unnecessary confusion and alarm for the players.

Quote Originally Posted by Muspellsheimr View Post
    I'm telling you that the damage you did prior to the update was FAR GREATER than what it was supposed to be. What you claim to be doing now is much closer to what it should be. In addition, as of U18 spellpower now has a display error - the actual spellpower of your spells is calculating correctly, and likely not what is shown on the character sheet.

The sorcerer capstone is a text error; it should be adding 20 spellpower, not 20% damage.

You have people have no really no idea of what's going on.

Casters were not doing more damage than they were supposed to do pre U18. They always worked fine. POST-U18, the MCL (most likely, could be something else) STOPPED WORKING = it's a bug.

It was said by Vargouille: this is not supposed to happen, now or ever. But you guys are so blind that all you see is "finally they nerfed casters". Because they so needed a nerf right? If you would play one, you would know that they don't. Straight and simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Severlin and Severlin Online. PLAY FOR FREE* NOW!

*maybe
    Farwil, Chaos Gamblers - Argonessen.

Now if they also make blitz, shiradi and unbridled fury less ridiculous, reduce mob hp, and buff some of the weaker destinies, we'll have a lot better game.
    Well it appears Shiradi was nerfed either directly or indirectly possibly from the same issues complained about in this thread. Perma dots are either gone or absurdly rare as in not occuring after many thousands of opportunities and all round damage is much lower - probably from changes in either crit frequency or crit multiplier. Not positive - I don’t have time to test ad nauseum and I don’t have data from pre-U18 to compare it with other than experience, just ran some EE GH quests solo on my shiradi and nerve poison was proccing at the same rate, but double rainbow procs were significantly lower in occurrence and damage spikes were nowhere near what I have seen in the past - what was before Update 18 relatively doable with a pot or three, was much more difficult and not worth the resource expenditure. --- I have not tested it with ranged shiradi yet - still missing audience and nerve poison on my mechanic.

As far as people flaming about shiradi being over-powerful - maybe at the low end not many past lives and non-ideal gear setups they might be, but at the many past life, ideal gear setups shiradi wf sorcs and well-built draconic incarnates were about equal - just shiradi perma dots meant a mistake on a boss, could just be a coffee break time - not a release, repeat mistake as on an incarnate. Yes, I played both extensively and soloed EE content in both builds with minor resource consumption and compared to maxed out DC casters, they are still far underpowered in general imho.

I guess time to TR back to melee lives or go to DC based casters until either they figure out damage focus casters and balance it with the rest of the classes and content. In the current state of affairs damage based caster models are more or less worthless, I can jug with end game weapons and tensers for more damage than I can cast. When I play at the moment just feels like I am playing pre-update 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    You have people have no really no idea of what's going on.

Casters were not doing more damage than they were supposed to do pre U18. They always worked fine. POST-U18, the MCL (most likely, could be something else) STOPPED WORKING = it's a bug.

It was said by Vargouille: this is not supposed to happen, now or ever. But you guys are so blind that all you see is "finally they nerfed casters". Because they so needed a nerf right? If you would play one, you would know that they don't. Straight and simple.
    Did you skip the post by Muspellsheimr? He calculated the damage it should be doing according to the tooltip and compared it with the actual damage. They are close to eachother in u18.

I've played one and casters are terribly simple to play. Highest burst damage with a low chance of being killed. I think that's bad game design. Casters should either be easily killable (not gonna happen with current AI - too easy to kite), or do lower damage to bring them in line with other classes.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    My cleric's aura went down from 62 to 58 on himself. This just happens to be the expected drop if he suddenly lost his implement bonus. So I don't believe you that it's a display issue.
    It seems its the Radiant Servant Caster Levels that are not applying is the reason your clerics aura went down.

I tested Close Wounds spell and no mater what I had equiped I would get only 3 different numbers excluding crits.

no spell power item equiped -20,22,25
    twilight 80 potency + 21 usp(101) -30,34,38
    twilight+15 psionic(116) -31,37,41
    devo helm (102) -30,34,40

As you can see the numbers vary in such a way you would probably expect to see.
    Last edited by Hoiii; 05-24-2013 at 04:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Janisis View Post
    Like I said, in addition to lowering caster damage output, mob hp (especially on epic elites) should be massively lowered, so that casters can more or less do the same as they do now (or a bit less). This makes regular melee a lot stronger by proxy. Then if you also change blitz not to work indefinitely and make unbridled fury less ridiculous with bows, I think the playing field becomes much more level.

Did you skip the post by Muspellsheimr? He calculated the damage it should be doing according to the tooltip and compared it with the actual damage. They are close to eachother in u18.

I've played one and casters are terribly simple to play. Highest burst damage with a low chance of being killed. I think that's bad game design. Casters should either be easily killable (not gonna happen with current AI - too easy to kite), or do lower damage to bring them in line with other classes.
    So weird that you have characters listed in your sign but still not this famour caster You played one? When? Post U9?

Highest burst damage? Did you miss the flash news about Fury archers? Or the DC news? The Saves of the mobs are too stellar to even compare the damage of casters to the one of the melees.

Or are you going to tell me that you caster is like the uber bard of Raithe? Too uber that makes this game boring!

Another flash news: take away even that damage that we had pre-u18 and Sorcerers and many other casters are going back to be Haste and Rage bot. And not even that, because as a friend pointed it out to me, most of the melees nowdays carry at least Primal Scream and any kind of Haste. Take away our little damage and you can kill Sorcerers at all.

And no, I will not become your WEB AND OTTOS bot.

*maybe

he isn't saying we should become haste bots

So weird that you have characters listed in your sign but still not this famour caster You played one? When? Post U9?

Highest burst damage? Did you miss the flash news about Fury archers? Or the DC news? The Saves of the mobs are too stellar to even compare the damage of casters to the one of the melees.

Or are you going to tell me that you caster is like the uber bard of Raithe? Too uber that makes this game boring!

Another flash news: take away even that damage that we had pre-u18 and Sorcerers and many other casters are going back to be Haste and Rage bot. And not even that, because as a friend pointed it out to me, most of the melees nowdays carry at least Primal Scream and any kind of Haste. Take away our little damage and you can kill Sorcerers at all.

If they did reduce the mobs saves / hp I wouldn't mind going back to draconic, I kinda like being able to vomit lit bolts and kill people. :> I do feel really useless outside of shiradi on EE

But the nerf bat does suck! You notice the "immune, immune, immune" procs? I haven't figured out what that is...
    Ministry of Destruction - Hagau, Bibimbap, Gamjatang, Osis, Shuumai, Baau - Thelanis
    http://themod.guildlaunch.com/

Our investigations turned up an issue with (maximum) caster levels and two groups of spells: Spells which use projectiles such as Lightning Bolt, and spells that deal lingering area damage such as Wall of Fire or Radiant Servant healing aura.

We believe this caster level issue does not extend to other kinds of spells.

We are working on a fix.

2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    Our investigations turned up an issue with (maximum) caster levels and two groups of spells: Spells which use projectiles such as Lightning Bolt, and spells that deal lingering area damage such as Wall of Fire or Radiant Servant healing aura.

We are working on a fix.
    Thanks for the head up.
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

We are working on a fix.
    Hm. What?

Do you mean that the issue affects just those two groups of spell because of MCL broken? Because if so, every spell is affected by this bug.

Chain Lightning is not (or is it?) a projectiles spell and it is bugged like every other spell. This does NOT affect only Projectiles and AoE DOT spells.

*maybe

I posted some other suggestions which show a more integral approach to solving many of the balance issues in this game. My problem is not that I hate casters, but I'd like a better experience in this ame. Atm endgame revolves too much around certain high damage abilities, making the rest of the abilities is pretty much useless. That's very boring, imo. Another issue is that throughout leveling casters are extremely dominant compared to melee, which I also find boring. Less caster damage solves the latter issue somewhat. The first issue requires a lot more effort. By reducing mob health/saves while at the same time toning down the strong abilities many more builds will become viable.

I posted some other suggestions which show a more integral approach to solving many of the balance issues in this game. My problem is not that I hate casters, but I'd like a better experience in this ame. Atm endgame revolves too much around certain high damage abilities, making the rest of the abilities is pretty much useless. That's very boring, imo. Another issue is that throughout leveling casters are extremely dominant compared to melee, which I also find boring. Less caster damage solves the latter issue somewhat. The first issue requires a lot more effort. By reducing mob health/saves while at the same time toning down the strong abilities many more builds will become viable.

And taking away caster damage from the game = not much people bother playing arcane anymore = more boring if we only play few classes.

We are working on a fix.
    What about spell crit enhancement line being 1-4% instead of 6-9%? And spell crit items?
    Thelanis - Officer of Reinos Olvidados: Henkyh, Neghi, Konokka, Kufei, Bartolomew, Rovinh, Artinata

Do you mean that the issue affects just those two groups of spell because of MCL broken? Because if so, every spell is affected by this bug.
    Actually, on my end spells like Heal, Reconstruct and all buffs appear working just fine even though they too rely on CL (Duration) and MCL (ie: Resist Energy 10/20/30).
    Characters on Sarlona: Ungnad (Morninglord, Wizard 17 / Favored Soul 2 / Fighter 1) -- Baerktghar (Dwarf, Paladin 18 / Fighter 2) -- Simulacruhm (Bladeforged, Artificer 16 / Paladin 3 / Wizard 1)

No matter what side of the argument you are on, you always find people on your side that you wish were on the other.
    -- Jascha Heifetz

Actually, on my end spells like Heal, Reconstruct and all buffs appear working just fine even though they too rely on CL (Duration) and MCL (ie: Resist Energy 10/20/30).

Chain Lightning and similar AOE spells are a good question though.
    Characters on Sarlona: Ungnad (Morninglord, Wizard 17 / Favored Soul 2 / Fighter 1) -- Baerktghar (Dwarf, Paladin 18 / Fighter 2) -- Simulacruhm (Bladeforged, Artificer 16 / Paladin 3 / Wizard 1)

No matter what side of the argument you are on, you always find people on your side that you wish were on the other.
    -- Jascha Heifetz

Community Member

Can we please stop feeding the trolls? I don't want this thread locked.

And please read the thread before posting. A few recap:

1) About the numbers you get in your Spell power sheet: it's just a display bug, confirmed by Kookie Kobold HERE

2) Most likely, and this is a not-so-wild assumption made by me and a few other posters, the MCL bonuses are not applying correctly, that's why our spells are doing so less damage. Instead of casting Lightning Bolt at CL18, we are casting at CL10.

3) The bug-nerf into the Spell critical enhancement (went from 9 to 6% because the first tier is 1% instead of 4%): it's probably one of the changes that was coming with the enhancement pass. However, our beloved trolls, have no idea that every spell caster should get a free 5% critical chance at level 1 that we are not getting at the moment on live. So either they fix the first tier of Spell critical enhancement on live now, or they should give us that free 5% that we are supposed to have with the enhancement pass.

This same recap will be posted in the OP.
    Ran my sorc for the the first time since the update and am quite upset with this atm but anyway. Logged on my fvs as well just to notice that our crit chance has gona from 9% to 3% and our crit damage is gone. Haven't noticed a spell power bug on my fvs yet but the sorc damage is pretty obvious.

Last edited by moo_cow; 05-24-2013 at 10:32 AM.

Community Member

Default Yes somethiung is amiss but this really shows how EE is so silly

Just play Epic Hard, be more relaxed and more flexible. You can be rogue assasin in epic hard and not have midnight. You can lose a whole bunch of sp and still be effective. You can actually dc cast and you dont have to be so elitists in groups. And if you are in epic hard, you generally avoid the shear user pathetic players that seem to think they are both superior and yet cheat.

Every 18 months or so the gear ibecomes obsolete anyway so just play epic hard and be relaxed and have fun.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast