Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 118
  1. #81
    Community Member Alistina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    A Planet far far away
    Posts
    171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by merentha View Post
    If it helps prove the point. If you pre-ordered MotU last year you still also get the Lesser Epic Tome of Learning and the lvl 20 cat hireling on every new character in addition to the new SC pre-order items. heck I even get my little bonus ticket from some other thing I have tagged on my account every time I create any character on any server (even Lam). Trust me, they'll have me pre-ordering every expansion that ever comes out if they keep this incentive in for early adopters.
    Thank you for the reply I had read the FAQ but this is exactly what I wanted a confirmation on. Lol I guess I was having a tough time accepting that they'd give something selling on DDO store that lasts a lifetime just wiht a single buy lol

  2. #82
    Community Member Thrudh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    17,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    Will the expansion include getting rid of guild renown decay? Or at least include a more fair system for the small guilds?
    Thank you for you opinion, Dandonk. Do you have anything constructive to add to the discussion at hand?
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

  3. #83
    The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Dandonk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    5,282

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    Thank you for you opinion, Dandonk. Do you have anything constructive to add to the discussion at hand?
    I'm sorry, is a question about possible rules changes for the new expansion not appropriate to this thread?
    It's definitely an N-word.

  4. #84
    Community Member JKissel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Montgomery Al. USA
    Posts
    15

    Exclamation Confused

    I have received my product key , went to turbine, logged in input prod. key &.... Nothing.... tried again, Nothing.... HELP!! a few Questions... 1) will I get my money back if it never works?? (I would rather play but If it keeps failing, well...) 2) do I need to pay for something else to download this??!! 3) I will be buying a new computer soon so How do I make a copy of the download?? (IF IT WORKS) I am a big fan & expect I will be given the assistance I need... Awaiting an answer & assistance with High expectations... OK to be more specific as for what I mean by Nothing... First try It went to a screen that asked me to log in (again) so I did... second time it came up with a screen saying internet explorer could not find the page... Now as far as what I expected ... I have read (over & over) that it is a download so I expected to download something... so when I get my new computer I will need to make a copy of said download...(this also what I read on shadowfell more info page) is this specific enough? if not I will gladly try again to give more info..Thanks for quik reply tho hope U can help
    Last edited by JKissel; 05-31-2013 at 12:26 PM. Reason: update

  5. #85
    Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council
    Krelar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,744

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JKissel View Post
    I have received my product key , went to turbine, logged in input prod. key &.... Nothing.... tried again, Nothing.... HELP!! a few Questions... 1) will I get my money back if it never works?? (I would rather play but If it keeps failing, well...) 2) do I need to pay for something else to download this??!! 3) I will be buying a new computer soon so How do I make a copy of the download?? (IF IT WORKS) I am a big fan & expect I will be given the assistance I need... Awaiting an answer & assistance with High expectations...
    It would help if you were a bit more specific. What do you mean by nothing? Are you getting an error message or what exactly are you expecting to happen?

    There is no download after you put the key in you log into the game and you will have the redemption tickets in your characters inventory.

  6. #86
    Community Member JKissel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Montgomery Al. USA
    Posts
    15

    Default update

    I have edited my original post ( didn't know how to reply to assistance attempt (im a newbee)

  7. #87
    Community Member JKissel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Montgomery Al. USA
    Posts
    15

    Cool By George I think he's got it!!

    ALL right!! I think it worked!! BUT... Before I start I have a few more questions... 1) When I purchase a new computer will I have to do anything to play the expansion?? (shadowfell) 2)If I want to use the bonus materials (goggles, tomes , pets) on my new character (Bladeforged Paladin Iconic Hero ) will I have to wait till Aug. to log on??!! or can I exchange these items between characters?? 3)can I play my original characters in the Shadowfell expansion?? I am hoping for a speedy answer so I can get to Playing & Enjoying the AWSOME game you Geniuses have provided me.!!

  8. #88
    Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council
    Krelar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,744

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JKissel View Post
    ALL right!! I think it worked!! BUT... Before I start I have a few more questions... 1) When I purchase a new computer will I have to do anything to play the expansion?? (shadowfell) 2)If I want to use the bonus materials (goggles, tomes , pets) on my new character (Bladeforged Paladin Iconic Hero ) will I have to wait till Aug. to log on??!! or can I exchange these items between characters?? 3)can I play my original characters in the Shadowfell expansion?? I am hoping for a speedy answer so I can get to Playing & Enjoying the AWSOME game you Geniuses have provided me.!!
    1) The only thing you'll have to do on your new computer is download DDO.

    2) Pets are account wide it does not matter what toon first uses them.
    The goggles and other cosmetic items are bound to account so if you have the shared bank you can transfer them between toons.

    3) The expansion will just add more quests so you can play any toon that is high enough level to get to them.

  9. #89
    Community Member maddmatt70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    10,690

    Default

    I bought the pre-order standard edition. I used the product key that Turbine supplied and followed their instructions. It appears rhat I followed the instructions correctly and my account confirms that by saying those features are already active on my account when i try to follow the instructions a second time. I have not recieved the extra character slot, the cosmetics or any of the features referred to in the standard pack. I rebooted my computer and game yet still nothing. The quest screen for shadow and doubt has changed it pops up now and I can select a difficulty which it did not previously, but it does not let me enter the quest.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

  10. #90
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    93

    Default

    This doesn't directly affect me but is something I'm curious about; if you already have the maximum number of character slots (30) on your account, what happens to the free slots you get from the expansion pack?

  11. #91
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Orien
    Posts
    96

    Default Ads contain incorrrect info about the Standard Edition

    Two comments:

    First, the information about the Shadowfell Conspiracy packs at ddo.com appears to contain incorrect information about the iconics.

    The writeup of the Collector's Edition and the writeup of the Standard Edition both state that the buyer will receive "3 additional Iconic Heroes". But in the 'Compare Editions' chart lower on the page, while all three Iconics are listed as part of the Collector's Edition, only one of the three (the PDK) is marked as being part of the Standard Edition.

    After browsing the forums about this, I eventually found my way to the DDO Market page for Shadowfell, and after carefully comparing the pages for the two editions, the DDO Market agrees with the chart; it says the Standard Edition will grant the PDK, but not the Shadar-Kai Assassin or Morninglord.


    Second, I have been trying to figure out how many character slots I can expect to get from each of the two editions. My current understanding is that pre-ordering the Standard Edition will give me two more slots: 1 base and one included with the Bladeforged. Likewise, I gather pre-ordering the Collector's Edition will give me four more slots: 3 base and one included with the Bladeforged.

    If that is incorrect, I'd sure like to know it ASAP.

    I'd also be curious to know whether the additional character slot included with the Bladeforged can only be occupied by a BF or can be re-tasked freely. Doesn't really matter to me, as a 15th level BF makes as good a storage mule as anybody... but I'd still be curious.

  12. #92
    Community Member Alistina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    A Planet far far away
    Posts
    171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arlannis View Post
    I have been trying to figure out how many character slots I can expect to get from each of the two editions. My current understanding is that pre-ordering the Standard Edition will give me two more slots: 1 base and one included with the Bladeforged. Likewise, I gather pre-ordering the Collector's Edition will give me four more slots: 3 base and one included with the Bladeforged.

    If that is incorrect, I'd sure like to know it ASAP.
    Yes, this is correct. You get 4 additional slots with collectors edition

    Quote Originally Posted by Arlannis View Post
    I'd also be curious to know whether the additional character slot included with the Bladeforged can only be occupied by a BF or can be re-tasked freely. Doesn't really matter to me, as a 15th level BF makes as good a storage mule as anybody... but I'd still be curious.
    I did roll out a bladeforged but I'm pretty sure you can use it for whatever character you want, as it just showed 8 total slots after purchase (on a premium account).

  13. #93
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Orien
    Posts
    96

    Default

    Thanks for the feedback, Alistina!

  14. #94
    Community Manager Cordovan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Boston Area, MA
    Posts
    15,822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arlannis View Post
    Two comments:

    First, the information about the Shadowfell Conspiracy packs at ddo.com appears to contain incorrect information about the iconics.

    The writeup of the Collector's Edition and the writeup of the Standard Edition both state that the buyer will receive "3 additional Iconic Heroes". But in the 'Compare Editions' chart lower on the page, while all three Iconics are listed as part of the Collector's Edition, only one of the three (the PDK) is marked as being part of the Standard Edition.

    After browsing the forums about this, I eventually found my way to the DDO Market page for Shadowfell, and after carefully comparing the pages for the two editions, the DDO Market agrees with the chart; it says the Standard Edition will grant the PDK, but not the Shadar-Kai Assassin or Morninglord.


    Second, I have been trying to figure out how many character slots I can expect to get from each of the two editions. My current understanding is that pre-ordering the Standard Edition will give me two more slots: 1 base and one included with the Bladeforged. Likewise, I gather pre-ordering the Collector's Edition will give me four more slots: 3 base and one included with the Bladeforged.

    If that is incorrect, I'd sure like to know it ASAP.

    I'd also be curious to know whether the additional character slot included with the Bladeforged can only be occupied by a BF or can be re-tasked freely. Doesn't really matter to me, as a 15th level BF makes as good a storage mule as anybody... but I'd still be curious.
    You are correct that there is a copy/paste error in the initial descriptive sentence for the Standard Edition. The Standard Edition comes with the Purple Dragon Knight, but not the Shadar-Kai Assassin or Sun Elf Morninglord Iconic Heroes. If you pre-purchase the Shadowfell Conspiracy prior to August 19th, you'll get the Bladeforded in either edition. We will correct this error soon.

    About Character Slots: The Standard Edition comes with one character slot, and the Collector's Edition comes with three character slots. Additionally, if you pre-purchase either edition prior to August 19th, you'll get an additional character slot with the Bladeforged. You do not have to use this slot to make a Bladeforged character. All of the Character Slots are available to use to create any class you have the ability to make.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!



  15. #95
    The Front Side Gratch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Sunnyvale, Cactus Area
    Posts
    2,875

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    You are correct that there is a copy/paste error in the initial descriptive sentence for the Standard Edition. The Standard Edition comes with the Purple Dragon Knight, but not the Shadar-Kai Assassin or Sun Elf Morninglord Iconic Heroes. If you pre-purchase the Shadowfell Conspiracy prior to August 19th, you'll get the Bladeforded in either edition. We will correct this error soon.
    Erm... where's Goldy or one of our other lawyer types here? Are they allowed to just rescind promises like this and claim it as a copy and paste error? I think they've committed to give the three iconic heroes to both standard and collector's edition to all purchases before the point when they fix their WHATYOUGET descriptive text. I mean if I tell my wife that the love and honor and sicker and poorer clause of our marriage vows was just an accidental copy and paste error from her side of the vows and how could I possibly be expected to review all the vow text before putting it out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    DO NOT DO THIS. We are investigating.

  16. #96
    Community Member Ziindarax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,560

    Default

    According to the loading screen for the new expansion, if you pre-purchased the expansion before June 5th, you would have guaranteed access to the beta.. But here's a question, when IS the beta exactly? The longer we wait, the less time you'd have to fix all the bugs we're sure to find (and allegedly, there's still bugs originating from the last expansion floating around).

    If I've already received the Shadowfell conspiracy goodies in-game, will I automatically be able to get into the beta (assuming it's being done on lama like before)? Or is there another code I need to apply to my account before I could be granted access to said beta?
    Last edited by Ziindarax; 06-07-2013 at 06:45 PM.
    Ziind Stargazer - Level 12 fighter/6 Barbarian/2 rogue Half-Orc (Neutral Good) - Formerly a level 20 Paladin Human - Orien

    Fernian Summer Carnival

  17. #97
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    62

    Default

    not sure if its been mentioned before but is there a way to buy just the legendary upgrade?

    i had a friend gift me a collectors edition but now id like the upgrade and obviously dont want to have to buy the collectors again for no reason

  18. #98
    Community Manager Cordovan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Boston Area, MA
    Posts
    15,822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ziindarax View Post
    According to the loading screen for the new expansion, if you pre-purchased the expansion before June 5th, you would have guaranteed access to the beta.. But here's a question, when IS the beta exactly? The longer we wait, the less time you'd have to fix all the bugs we're sure to find (and allegedly, there's still bugs originating from the last expansion floating around).

    If I've already received the Shadowfell conspiracy goodies in-game, will I automatically be able to get into the beta (assuming it's being done on lama like before)? Or is there another code I need to apply to my account before I could be granted access to said beta?
    We aren't quite ready to announce time and date details for Beta, but stay tuned! In regards to your other question, yes, you should automatically be able to get into the Beta.

    Quote Originally Posted by Demarill View Post
    not sure if its been mentioned before but is there a way to buy just the legendary upgrade?

    i had a friend gift me a collectors edition but now id like the upgrade and obviously dont want to have to buy the collectors again for no reason
    I don't believe so, but it may be worth getting in touch with Account Support to see if they can assist you.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!



  19. #99
    Community Member dlsidhe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    519

    Default

    Here's my question:

    I'm intrigued by the Shadar-kai Iconic, but I have no interest in the rest of the Collector's Edition. Will all the iconic heroes be available for purchase individually at some point?
    Thelanis - Dragons of the Shire
    Naeryna (Sun Elf 24 FvS Evoker) // Dianocia (Drow 11 Buckler o' Swashes) // Valissia (Elf 22 Shiradi Druid)
    Nae haz a story. Go read it.

  20. #100
    Community Member LeoLionxxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    871

    Default yes

    Quote Originally Posted by dlsidhe View Post
    Here's my question:

    I'm intrigued by the Shadar-kai Iconic, but I have no interest in the rest of the Collector's Edition. Will all the iconic heroes be available for purchase individually at some point?
    Has been stated that they will be for 1295 TP (I could be way off with that amount, it's just off the top of my memory).
    Because DDO content is created by hand, some issues cannot be fixed with a global change. We must fix these issues one-by-one by hand with the help of bug reports. This includes:
    Ladder issues: please include the /loc when reporting a ladder issue

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload