Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Proximus View Post
    Are the PP goodies that are listed as "Per Character" only for existing character's or will they be given to any new character's I roll as well?
    You get those also on the new created ones.

I have not seen this asked yet - but since I just ordered the pack I suppose I will know when I get home and log in....With regard to the additional character slot, that should be per server, correct?With regard to the L15 iconic hero that comes with an additional character slot included, is the also per server? So on each server I will have a L15 Bladeforged Paladin, and when available, the L15 Purple Dragon Knight?

Quote Originally Posted by Fedora1 View Post
    I have not seen this asked yet - but since I just ordered the pack I suppose I will know when I get home and log in....With regard to the additional character slot, that should be per server, correct?With regard to the L15 iconic hero that comes with an additional character slot included, is the also per server? So on each server I will have a L15 Bladeforged Paladin, and when available, the L15 Purple Dragon Knight?
    Character slots are an account-level purchase/upgrade, so the total number of available character slots will be the same on all of the servers you choose to play on.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Character slots are an account-level purchase/upgrade, so the total number of available character slots will be the same on all of the servers you choose to play on.
    Thanks Cordovan, but I was really wondering if I got a level 15 iconic hero PER SERVER?

Thanks Cordovan, but I was really wondering if I got a level 15 iconic hero PER SERVER?
    Once unlocked (say, through a pre-purchase of the Shadowfell Conspiracy), you will have the ability to create as many Iconic characters as you have available character slots, on every server. As you note, you get extra character slots with your pre-purchase that can be used for the Iconic Heroes, although you don't necessarily have to use them for that purpose if you wish.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Once unlocked (say, through a pre-purchase of the Shadowfell Conspiracy), you will have the ability to create as many Iconic characters as you have available character slots, on every server. As you note, you get extra character slots with your pre-purchase that can be used for the Iconic Heroes, although you don't necessarily have to use them for that purpose if you wish.
    You know, the first thought that jumped in my head was "Yay! The opportunity to build as many characters that will be universally shunned as I want!"

It is sad to say, but I fully expect Iconic characters to receive a lot of flak in game. The power of the characters is going to have to compensate for the giant "noob" stamp on them. The cosmetics on them are very cool and all, but they tag a character as one that is almost certainly being played by a fairly new player and is almost certainly under-geared for much of the content.

I hope I am wrong, but I suspect I am not.

Won't effect me, though, as I predominantly multi-box and have plenty of shun-proof characters for when I don't; I can certainly use iconics to play with some builds and whatnot... although I may end up shunning myself.
    Bogenbroom's DDO Wishlist.......Tolero's guide to actionable feedback
    Bogenbroom's legion... 83 characters, 3 accounts, and 1 irate wife.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bogenbroom View Post
    You know, the first thought that jumped in my head was "Yay! The opportunity to build as many characters that will be universally shunned as I want!"
    I have a normal 23 pally and and I used it to gear up my blade forged. It is funny the same people who would take my normal pally asked if I would use another toon on the blade fordged. the hit to healing on a tank is a bit much but Im still going to try and get it to lvl 20 before xpac. they really need some love at the xpac release
    A Player of a clonk
    funniest thing I have read in a while=>
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    we'd rather spend that development time on things most players like.

Just to be clear: The iconic heros are just special race/class combos that you would be able to select like other classes in the character creation screen with the extra benefit of starting at level 15.

Iconic heros are not some sort of permanent hireling. That would be the owlbears.

Please ignore me if you already knew this but I thought your questions could have been read either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Alistina View Post
    Is this for a fixed period of time, or literally any toon I create anytime in the future will get a ticket I can redeem for a +1/2 skill tome?

Can someone please confirm?
    Any chance of getting a reply please?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alistina View Post
    Any chance of getting a reply please?
    from the OP
    How do I claim my Tomes on the character that I want?

After purchasing the Expansion and upgrading your account, each of your in-game character(s) will receive a voucher in its inventory for the Expansion bonus items you’re eligible for (based on the Expansion bundle you purchased). This voucher is called the “Shadowfell Conspiracy: Pre-Purchase Ticket”. Activate the ticket on the character that you want to grant the 1-per-server items to. The remainder of your existing characters, and all future characters created on your account, can redeem the tickets for the 1-per-character bonus.
    every current and future character gets a ticket they can redeem.
    standard pack it comes with 1 +1skill tome
    collectors pack comes with 1 +2 skill tome
    collectors + legendary comes with 2 +3 skill tome, 1 +2 skill tome, lesser tome of epic learning, and owlbear hireling l17/25
    standard + legendary comes with 2 +3 skill tome, 1 +1skill tome, lesser tome of epic learning, and owlbear hirelings l17/25

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZTBt7oar9w

Quote Originally Posted by Bogenbroom View Post
    I have not had a Problem with my iconic character. He is a 2pally/sorc and noone has thrown him out yet.
    But then I have a lot of twink and crafted gear...
    But then noone has asked about that...

I would rather expect to get shunned as a sorc with the MCL bug...
    kruemeli of Orien - Leader of the "Merry" Hobbits https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...20#post5002220
    It is okay to be "merry": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjOOKb-DFZs
    I just Keep quiet and think.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYP8M06A8W0

Quote Originally Posted by Violith View Post
    from the OP

every current and future character gets a ticket they can redeem.
    standard pack it comes with 1 +1skill tome
    collectors pack comes with 1 +2 skill tome
    collectors + legendary comes with 2 +3 skill tome, 1 +2 skill tome, lesser tome of epic learning, and owlbear hireling l17/25
    standard + legendary comes with 2 +3 skill tome, 1 +1skill tome, lesser tome of epic learning, and owlbear hirelings l17/25
    If it helps prove the point. If you pre-ordered MotU last year you still also get the Lesser Epic Tome of Learning and the lvl 20 cat hireling on every new character in addition to the new SC pre-order items. heck I even get my little bonus ticket from some other thing I have tagged on my account every time I create any character on any server (even Lam). Trust me, they'll have me pre-ordering every expansion that ever comes out if they keep this incentive in for early adopters.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by merentha View Post
    If it helps prove the point. If you pre-ordered MotU last year you still also get the Lesser Epic Tome of Learning and the lvl 20 cat hireling on every new character in addition to the new SC pre-order items. heck I even get my little bonus ticket from some other thing I have tagged on my account every time I create any character on any server (even Lam). Trust me, they'll have me pre-ordering every expansion that ever comes out if they keep this incentive in for early adopters.
    But what happens when the number of tickets you get in your inventory is more than the starting number of inventory slots a toon gets?

Community Member

then you get a ticket to redeem your tickets!

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Will the expansion include getting rid of guild renown decay? Or at least include a more fair system for the small guilds?
    It's definitely an N-word.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    Will the expansion include getting rid of guild renown decay? Or at least include a more fair system for the small guilds?
    This is just monotonous now.

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    This is just monotonous now.
    I'm sorry you feel that way. But since Turbine's silence is, well, monotonous to me, I'll keep going until I get an answer.

But thank you for sharing your opinion.
    It's definitely an N-word.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Violith View Post
    I thought the epic learning tome was just in the collector's edition. At least that's what it says here.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Qaliya View Post
    I thought the epic learning tome was just in the collector's edition. At least that's what it says here.
    collector gets 1 greater epic tome of learning per server, standard gets 1 lesser epic tome of learning per server

legendary upgrade gives you 1 lesser epic tome of learning per char, ever, like the lesser tome of experience from motu, also 2 +3 skills tome per char, thats a nice way to start doing toons on every server rofl, u start with greater tome of learning and greater tome of epic learning, +2 skill tome, 2 +3 skill tomes, the mask, the cosmetics and the 3 pets

3 gold seal hirelings...xD

Community Member

Thanks. I think I missed the lesser/greater difference.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast