Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Shadowfell Conspiracy FAQ

What do I get if I pre-purchase the expansion?

In addition to granting access to the Shadowfell Conspiracy Expansion in August, pre-purchasing gives access to bonus items and benefits for your characters today, before the expansion launches! For a full list of available bundle benefits please visit our pre-purchase page by clicking here!

What payment methods are available to pre-purchase the expansion?

Payment options include credit cards, Paypal, and more. For a complete list of available payment methods for your region, please visit our pre-purchase page by clicking here!

Can I purchase the expansion with Turbine Points and how much will it cost?

Shadowfell Conspiracy expansion content will be available for purchase with Turbine Points when the Expansion launches in August. Turbine Point prices will be as follows:

• Standard Pack 2495 Turbine Points
    • Complete Pack 4495 Turbine Points

How do I add the expansion to my existing DDO account?

After purchasing the expansion, a product key will be sent to your email address. Log into https://myaccount.turbine.com and enter this product key. Select “yes” to upgrade, and then select the appropriate option for your account, read and agree to the Terms of Service, and click submit.

• If you’re interested in becoming a VIP, select the VIP plan of your choice!
    • If you’re already a VIP, simply select that plan again. You will not be billed for your new plan until the end of your current subscription.
    • If you’re a Premium or Free user, and don’t want to become a VIP, select “Game Card or Other Payment Option” and for billing info section select “I don’t have one now, I will enter one later.”

Will I need to install anything after I pre-purchase?

No, the game installation will remain the same after you pre-purchase and no separate download or install is needed. When Shadowfell Conspiracy goes live for DDO players, you will have access to the expansion content.

If I’ve purchased the expansion, will I need to reinstall to access it when it launches?

If you already have DDO installed when the expansion releases then no, there is no need to reinstall the game. Once the expansion is available, your game launcher will download all the update data (patches) it needs.

When do I get my pre-purchase bonus items?

Many pre-purchase items can be used right away. There’s no need to wait until the expansion arrives in the summer, have fun with them today! The following items can be accessed and used immediately when you pre-purchase the expansion:
    • Standard Edition: Shadow of a Doubt Expansion Prequel Quest, Lesser Tome of Epic Learning (1 per server), 1 Character Slot, One +1 Skill Tome per character, 1,000 Turbine Points, Bladeforged Paladin Iconic Hero, Calico Tressym Creature Companion, Bladeforged Warrior Gold Cosmetic Costume, Mountaineers Cosmetic Goggles
    • Collector's Edition: Shadow of a Doubt Expansion Prequel Quest, Greater Tome of Epic Learning (1 per server), 3 Character Slots, One +2 Skill Tome per character, 2,000 Turbine Points, Calico Tressym Creature Companion, Bladeforged Paladin Iconic Hero, Tawny Owlbear Creature Companion, Bladeforged Warrior Blue & Gold Cosmetic Costume, Stormhorn Specs Cosmetic Goggles, Bladeforged Warrior Gold Cosmetic Costume, Mountaineers Cosmetic Goggles
    • Legendary Upgrade Items: Owlbear Defender Hirelings (Level 17 & Level 24), Wilderness Cosmetic Armor Kit, Pseudo Dragon Creature Companion, Wizard Cosmetic Hat & Matching Creature Companion Hat, 2 Pack of +3 Skill Tomes per character, 5 Sovereign I XP Elixirs, Lesser Tome of Epic Learning per character

After purchasing an Expansion bundle you will receive access to account options after you apply your expansion code to your DDO account. Additionally, a “Shadowfell Conspiracy: Pre-Purchase Ticket” will be placed in your character’s inventory after you apply your expansion code. Click on the ticket to access your character-specific bonus items, such as Creature Companions and Tomes!

Special Note: Remember, the first character on your account that uses the ticket will receive the extra-special bonus items, which are bound to account. Subsequent characters will receive the lesser bonus items, as outlined in the bundles detail page. Check your Pre-Purchase Ticket in-game prior to redeeming it on a character to ensure you’re placing the bonus items that you want on the character you want.

How many quests are planned to be in the Shadowfell Conspiracy?

Shadowfell Conspiracy will include 10 Quests and 2 Wilderness Areas in addition to the 1 prelude quest currently available with pre-purchase. The quests will have both Heroic and Epic versions (except for the prelude quest, which will have a Heroic version.)

So if I pre-purchase the expansion, I can use my tomes, pets, Bladeforged, and cosmetic items now on my existing characters, even though the expansion doesn’t come out until the summer?

That’s right! Have fun with your Creature Companions and get your characters ready to take on the Shadowfell Conspiracy!

How long do I have to pre-purchase the expansion and get the pre-purchase items?

You can pre-purchase between today and August 18th. If you purchase the expansion after August 18th you will NOT receive the bonus pre-purchase items!

I just purchased the expansion but my account hasn’t been upgraded. What did I miss?

You will be emailed the product key through the email address you used when completing your purchase. The code will be an alpha-numeric 25 character code. Once you receive this code, you will then need to apply the upgrade through the https://myaccount.turbine.com website.

I pre-purchased the expansion but I didn’t get a product key, where is it?

Your product key will be sent to the email address you used when completing your purchase. Remember to check your Spam / Junk mail folders. If you are having difficulty locating the product key, please contact Account Support at https://support.turbine.com

I have an existing Turbine account, can I upgrade it without creating a new account?

Yes you can. When you enter your key into the myaccount.turbine.com website, it will ask if you if you have an existing account. If you choose ‘Yes’, then you will be given the option to enter your account information and choose which account you wish to upgrade. The nickname should match the same nickname you use to log into the game. This will apply the expansion and all benefits to your existing account.

I have more than one subscription on the same Turbine account. How do I apply the expansion to the correct subscription?

You will be given the option to select which subscription to upgrade when you apply the upgrade key at https://myaccount.turbine.com.

Why would I want to pre-purchase the expansion if I’m a VIP?

Pre-purchase of the expansion pack includes bonus items, such as Skill Tomes. Be sure to check out our pre-purchase page to see a full list of all the bonus items you can get with your pre-purchase of Shadowfell Conspiracy.

How do I claim my Tomes on the character that I want?

After purchasing the Expansion and upgrading your account, each of your in-game character(s) will receive a voucher in its inventory for the Expansion bonus items you’re eligible for (based on the Expansion bundle you purchased). This voucher is called the “Shadowfell Conspiracy: Pre-Purchase Ticket”. Activate the ticket on the character that you want to grant the 1-per-server items to. The remainder of your existing characters, and all future characters created on your account, can redeem the tickets for the 1-per-character bonus.

What are Iconics?

Jump into the action of DDO with these new prestige characters that start in Forgotten Realms at level 15 and feature unique looks and skills. Each of these classic D&D heroes is a paragon of their race and class and features custom iconic gear, appearance options and new abilities to enhance their power. For pre-purchasing the Expansion, you will also receive immediate access to an Eberron "Bladeforged" version of Iconics. Bladeforged is only available to players who pre-purchase (it will arrive in the Store to purchase separately after Update 20). To learn more about Iconics, check out our dev diary by clicking here!

Can I get Iconics without purchasing the expansion? Can I buy them after the Expansion launches?

You must purchase one of the Shadowfell Conspiracy expansion bundles to gain access to Iconics when the expansion launches. Iconics will also be available for purchase in the DDO Store in Update 20 - each Iconic type will cost 1295 Turbine Points.

What is a Creature Companion? What are “tricks” and “hats”?

Creature Companions are a cosmetic pet! You can summon and dismiss them whenever you like, and each one can perform tricks at your command such as sitting, playing dead, and more. They can also wear cosmetic gear like colored collars, glowing magical sparkles, and even festive hats . Remember that once you assign a cosmetic hat to a Creature Companion, it stays with that Companion and cannot be shared between Companions. In addition to cosmetic items available by Expansion bundle, you can find additional cosmetic gear for Creature Companions, as well as tricks, in the DDO Store.

I heard that you get free hats for your pets with the expansion. How do you get them and use them?

Your Creature Companion gear will be delivered to your character’s inventory when you redeem your Shadowfell Conspiracy: Pre-Purchase Ticket in your character’s inventory. To put your gear on your Companion(s), summon the Creature Companion that you’d like to wear the item, then double click the item in your inventory. It will appear in your Companion Stable UI (the paw print tab in your inventory) under “gear” for the Companion that you had summoned. You can put all the items on a single Companion, or give each of your Companions a different one. To put an item on your subsequent Creature Companions, summon them and then apply the item.

Creature Companions don’t share their gear or tricks with each other. If you want all of your Companions to have more than one type of cosmetic gear, you can pick up additional gear in the DDO Store!

Do I get Creature Companions on every character and server or just one?

In general, Creature Companions – and their assigned tricks/gear - are shared across all your characters per game world. For example: if you name your owlbear “Grrhoot” and put a wizard hat on it, the owlbear will be named Grrhoot and have the wizard hat whenever you summon that Companion with any character on that server.

The Creature Companions received from pre-purchase of the Expansion are provided to your account across all DDO game worlds, but retain their names and gear per server world. So if you named your owlbear “Grrhoot” on Argonnessen server, you can pick a different name for the owlbear on Orien server.

Will I be able to access the expansion content by becoming a VIP or Premium account?

To access Shadowfell Conspiracy you must purchase one of the expansion bundles. Becoming a Premium or VIP account will not automatically grant access to the expansion. For details on the Shadowfell Conspiracy expansion content, bonuses, and pre-purchase items, please visit our pre-purchase page by clicking here!

I’ve entered the product key for the expansion upgrade and it asks for billing information and to choose a subscription. Isn’t DDO free to play? Am I going to be billed for a new VIP subscription if I upgrade?

Dungeons and Dragons Online is free to play. If you upgrade your account and have an existing VIP subscription, you will not be billed until the end of your current subscription period with whatever subscription plan you chose when upgrading. If you do not want to have a reoccurring VIP subscription, you can choose the payment type “Game Card Or Other Payment Methods”, and click the box that says “I don't have one right now, I will enter one later”. This will prevent your account from being billed for a subscription payment, or if you are currently active as a VIP it will prevent your subscription from automatically billing unless you chose to reactivate it later.

Will there be a retail box of Shadowfell Conspiracy available for purchase?

At this time, Shadowfell Conspiracy is a digital download. You do not have to visit a physical retailer to receive the Expansion.

If I don’t pre-purchase the expansion, can I still buy the pre-purchase items at a later time?

The following item colors will not be available in the DDO Store after the pre-purchase period ends on August 18th:
    • Exclusive Calico Tressym Creature Companion
    • Bladeforged Paladin Iconic Hero (not available again until Update 20)
    • Exclusive Tawny Owlbear Creature Companion
    • Exclusive Bladeforged Warrior Blue & Gold Cosmetic Costume
    • Stormhorn Specs Cosmetic Goggles
    • Exclusive Bladeforged Warrior Gold Cosmetic Costume
    • Mountaineers Cosmetic Goggles
    Last edited by Cordovan; 06-20-2013 at 01:23 PM.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Community Member

Does it matter which order of code you input first? I ordered the collectors with legendary upgrade, input the legendary code and it said it took, with a list in red of what it added. yet now it wont let me add the collectors edition code

it says that my subscription already has something im trying to activate (with the name of my Menace of the underdark subscription name)) and when I go to the homepage, it only mentions the menace subscription not either of the shadowfell ones

Cart before the horse here, Cordovan. We haven't been told anything about what is actually IN the expansion, so why should I pre-order it? More details about the expansion itself please, not the goodies that come with a pre-order.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Why would I want to pre-purchase the expansion if I’m a VIP?

Pre-purchase of the expansion pack includes bonus items, such as Skill Tomes. Be sure to check out our pre-purchase page to see a full list of all the bonus items you can get with your pre-purchase of Shadowfell Conspiracy.
    Ok, this greatly confuses me. Are you saying all the expansion pack quests will be free to VIP if we DON'T purchase the expansion and that all we are buying if a VIP buys the xpac are the bonus items?

Quote Originally Posted by Violith View Post
    Does it matter which order of code you input first? I ordered the collectors with legendary upgrade, input the legendary code and it said it took, with a list in red of what it added. yet now it wont let me add the collectors edition code

it says that my subscription already has something im trying to activate (with the name of my Menace of the underdark subscription name)) and when I go to the homepage, it only mentions the menace subscription not either of the shadowfell ones
    I just picked up the plain standard edition and it's telling me the same thing.
    Glenalth Woodwalke ■ Preston the Ranger ■ Brisqoe the Dentist ■ Prescription Liberator
    AoK @ Argonnessen

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gkar View Post
    Ok, this greatly confuses me. Are you saying all the expansion pack quests will be free to VIP if we DON'T purchase the expansion and that all we are buying if a VIP buys the xpac are the bonus items?
    probably the same as the last expansion. the Actual pack wont appear in the store until the update after it is released (so instead of august you'd be able to buy it with turbine pts in september or october) either way you gotta buy it. The preorder itself is mainly for the extra items that it gives.

What I REALLY want to know before buying the expansion is how many quests, wilderness areas, and raids are included in the expansion? This is the most important information by far when asking people to pay up front, and there has not been anything specific said on the matter that I can find.

If I add "Save 50% on Menace Of The Underdark with your purchase of Shadowfell Conspiracy! A $34.99 value for $17.49!" to my expansion order, do I get a separate code for MOTU? How about the TP?

In other words, can I add the Shadowfell Conspiracy to one account and MOTU to another?

If you are receiving an error message when attempting to apply a second key from your Shadowfell Conspiracy pre-purchase, please see this Knowledge Base article, which will assist you: http://support.turbine.com/ics/suppo...questionID=565
    Join us on Twitch!

If you are receiving an error message when attempting to apply a second key from your Shadowfell Conspiracy pre-purchase, please see this Knowledge Base article, which will assist you: http://support.turbine.com/ics/suppo...questionID=565
    You may want to update the known issues list with that link. The link in the known issues only goes to the image.

Thanks Cordovan for the FAQ.

When you can, would appreciate expanding the FAQ with answers for the following questions.

What is included in Standard Pack for 2495TP?
    Complete Pack for 4495TP?

How many quests , wilderness, RAID(s) are in the expansion quest chains?
    What are the quest/RAID/wilderness levels?

Does Expansion include content other than quests (ie new class, new race, more Epic Destinies, higher level Epic destinies...???)?

For players without the Expansion, can they level to 28?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Krumm; 05-22-2013 at 09:30 PM. Reason: old browser at work, formatting was off

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix-daBard View Post
    You may want to update the known issues list with that link. The link in the known issues only goes to the image.
    Will do.
    Join us on Twitch!

One would assume the Standard Pack (2495 TP) and Complete Pack (4495 TP) are the same as the pre-order offers, without the pre-order sections.

... but then we'd pay 4495 TP and get 2000 TP back? Seems unlikely.

What do these packs include then?

If I don’t pre-purchase the expansion, can I still buy the pre-purchase items at a later time?

The following item colors will not be available in the DDO Store after the pre-purchase period ends on August 18th:
    So we will be able to purchase the Owlbear Defender Hireling at a later date? What about the other items in the Legendary Upgrade pack? Will the Upgrade pack always be an option for those purchasing the expansion pack after August?
    The problem is never how to get new, innovative thoughts into your mind, but how to get old ones out. Every mind is a building filled with archaic furniture. Clean out a corner of your mind and creativity will instantly fill it.
    Dee Hock

Does that means I will be able to purchase the Owlbear lv24 Perm-hireling?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Severlin and Severlin Online. PLAY FOR FREE* NOW!

*maybe
    Farwil, Chaos Gamblers - Argonessen.

Do you get both level 17 and level 24 Owlbears, or only one of them based on the level of the character redeeming the pack?

That is to say, would I get a level 17 owlbear when I'm less than level 20, and for levels 20+, I'd get the level 24 owlbear?

And when you say nickname, do you mean username? For example, if someone had a username of "ZombieNinja4President[don't ask]", would they need to enter that name when redeeming the expansion for their account?
    Last edited by Ziindarax; 05-22-2013 at 08:28 PM.
    Ziind Stargazer - Level 12 fighter/6 Barbarian/2 rogue Half-Orc (Neutral Good) - Formerly a level 20 Paladin Human - Orien

Fernian Summer Carnival

Why is DigitalRiver asking me to create/verify a password when I go to pre-order the expansion pack?
    Ziind Stargazer - Level 12 fighter/6 Barbarian/2 rogue Half-Orc (Neutral Good) - Formerly a level 20 Paladin Human - Orien

Fernian Summer Carnival

Community Member

Question Two questions

I'm likely to buy this in one form or another but I wonder:

- Are the 1 or 3 character slots locked to Iconics? It doesn't say but the numbers match...

- What is the Legendary Upgrade, is it something extra you buy ("Get 20% off During Pre-Purchase! Offer only available at checkout") and what will/does it cost?
    Legendary Upgrade Items: Owlbear Defender Hirelings (Level 17 & Level 24), Wilderness Cosmetic Armor Kit, Pseudo Dragon Creature Companion, Wizard Cosmetic Hat & Matching Creature Companion Hat, 2 Pack of +3 Skill Tomes per character, 5 Sovereign I XP Elixirs, Lesser Tome of Epic Learning per character

Question: If I pre-purchase the XPack but not get the "Legendary Upgrade," can I go back and get the the upgrade? Or will I have to buy another XPack to get the upgrade?

Thanks,
    Anne
    Thelanis: Anne|Annala|Torzion|Anastazie|Sprockettz|Theris

DDOcast - A DDO Podcast for Fans by Fans! >> Google+ || Twitter || Facebook || iTunes || DDOcast RSS Feed || YouTube

You seem to have missed the actual Shadowfell Conspiracy FAQ part of the topic.

It's all very well and good telling us about the goodies we get for pre-ordering, but you've still not mentioned anything about the actual Shadowfell Conspiracy expansion itself.
    If your "Known Issues" list needs a freaking scroll bar, then one of you needs to go.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast