Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    So are these new packs epic or not?

It took a couple days to tell us there is no raid. That most likely hurt sales when released. They will probably use this long Holliday weekend to sell as much as they can before they break the news that nothing is epic.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by clomba11378 View Post
    It took a couple days to tell us there is no raid. That most likely hurt sales when released. They will probably use this long Holliday weekend to sell as much as they can before they break the news that nothing is epic.
    Or there will be epic content but the xp will be so low it is impossible to get to level 28 unless you chug sovereign xp pots the entire time.

You know, I haven't even ran these 2 new heroic quests yet with U18, let alone purchase the expansion.

This is the first time in my 7 years playing that I haven't immediately jumped into new quests, which is a very weird feeling for me. I just strangely don't care.

Just being honest, hope this helps the devs make a better decision in the future.
    Cetus Heroic Lives: #32/32 | Epic Completionist: #20/24 | Iconic Lives: #6/6
    Cetusz - Pure Sorcerer: Heroic Lives: #24/24 | Epic Lives: #6/12 | Iconic Lives: #1/3
    YouTube Channel HERE
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

Quote Originally Posted by Cetus View Post
    You know, I haven't even ran these 2 new heroic quests yet with U18, let alone purchase the expansion.

This is the first time in my 7 years playing that I haven't immediately jumped into new quests, which is a very weird feeling for me. I just strangely don't care.

Just being honest, hope this helps the devs make a better decision in the future.
    Pretty much same here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Severlin and Severlin Online. PLAY FOR FREE* NOW!

*maybe
    Farwil, Chaos Gamblers - Argonessen.

Nice to see the forum whinging and nerd rage are almost back to pre-forum update levels. Feels like home.

10 quests in an expansion where the level cap gets raised 3 levels.

From lvl 24 to 25 = 900k XP, we can assume +150k XP per level following the same pattern as 21-25.
    So 1050k XP from 25 to 26 + 1.3m XP to 27 + 1.45m XP to 28 = 3.8million XP total to get from lvl 25 to 28.

10 quests.

10 quests?!

Community Member

Same here.

Haven't played as long as you but same here, I haven't hit the new quests yet, probably due to a few issues:

underwhelming loot

bad flagging mechanic (level 15 quests that you have to do level 16 quests to access)

no epic setting

100% agree and in the same boat.

Turbine..no raid and you want me to pay... Quote Originally Posted by QuartermasterX View Post
    Shadowfell Conspiracy will include 10 Quests and 2 Wilderness Areas in addition to the 1 prelude quest currently available with pre-purchase. This information will be added to the Shadowfell Conspiracy FAQ and Pre-Purchase page.

"what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul." Billy Madison
    Last edited by Calozz78; 05-26-2013 at 11:42 AM.
    Vulger Display of Power, Disposable Hero, Farbeyond Driven, VicRattle Head, Typeo Negative, Warpig, Infetious Grooves, Damageplan, Slipknott, GnR, BlkSunshine

This is an unbelievable PR fail.

First, you don't even tell us what we're supposed to be buying. Yes, there are people that bought it immediately, but in every group that I've been in that I've seen one of those flying pseudo-Velah's, I've asked them if they knew what they had purchased. If they said no, after I told them, without exception, every single one of them regretted the purchase. I direct linked Quartermaster's forum post. Every single one. That is an unbelievable amount of goodwill immediately squandered. These are the guys buying your product without question. And everyone single one I've spoken to regretted it. The dearth of information about this "expansion" we are supposed to be falling over ourselves to be handing you money over fist is appalling. I honestly don't know if I'm gonna get it. If I do, it will be so very reluctantly. And yes, on some level so long as you receive the money you don't care, but that is a far cry from my excitement level about MOTU and my willingness to shove children out of the way so I can line up to pay. That shift is significant in perhaps ways you apparently do not understand.

Secondly, no raid? How did this get bandied about and get determined to be acceptable? Who authorized this in an expansion? How is this not merely 2 adventure packs? This seems to be a calculated effort to circumvent VIPs (and I'm not even a VIP). And it isn't even a sneaky, "hey, I eventually finally saw what you did there" effort. Its just blatant. Obvious. There is nothing in this "expansion" that differentiates it from say Threnal and Delaras. MOTU I can understand (sorry guildie), but this? Its sheer nonsense. And the TP you are proposing? Madness. It isn't even logical. I am almost convinced that you have all gone insane. You want how much for how little again? Really? Its as if you have replaced your leadership with a bunch of money-crazed spider monkeys.

Thirdly, my god - do you realize what you are doing to this game? The enhancement pass monstrosity, the addition of some high level iconic bank toons, the Shadowfail expansion - all of this at one time? You should stretch this level of fail over a longer period of time, not all at once.

I like this game. It's my one diversion I actually like. I am not excited about this expansion. I am not excited about the enhancement pass. I am not excited about the direction you are taking this game. It's short-sided.

Some context - I used to work in a franchise. They chose to forgo basing their revenue stream on royalties and marketing fees in lieu of larger upfront initial franchise fees. The upfront money was nice, but the survival of the system then became incumbent on these sales, rather than building off of the, for lack of a better term - loyalty of its existing system. The whole direction shifted from developing a stable long-term system to hyping the newest shiny. The base deteriorated and at some point, the newest shinies were insufficient to induce new members, leading to a decomposition of the entire network. This dynamic is playing out here. And it is frustrating, because I am invested in this stupid game with my time and expenditures and I can see what you are doing, and your unwillingness or inability to acknowledge the same really infuriates me to no end.
    Originally Posted by Eladrin
    I often word things in ways that cause the most speculation and panic, because I'm capricious and mean.
    Argo: Cydia - Ariasa

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenBuddha View Post
    Really? Its as if you have replaced your leadership with a bunch of money-crazed spider monkeys.
    Don't insult the spider monkeys they know better than to pull something like this.

Community Member

Default No massage?! No facial?!

Does anyone play playstation, wii, xbox, etc? You pay similar amounts for new games with similar amounts of playtime. Sometimes, it doesn't have absolutely everything you want. I appreciate how often new content comes out. If the release allowed you to actually climb inside your computer and live the adventure, some of you would still complain.

Quote Originally Posted by QuartermasterX View Post
    Shadowfell Conspiracy will include 10 Quests and 2 Wilderness Areas in addition to the 1 prelude quest currently available with pre-purchase.

This information will be added to the Shadowfell Conspiracy FAQ and Pre-Purchase page.
    Dear QX,

Perhaps a better answer would be how many play time days would an average user has with SFC?

Assuming MOTU has a benchmark of five weeks to play through everything on EH first time through and flag every explorer point, and an average player plays 20 hours per week. Note that MOTU has 15 quests, 1 raid and 4 large explorer areas and also 6 challenges whereas SFC has none.

Also, would playing an iconic character change the story of the quest(s) or some of the dialogues in current quest(s)? For example, what happens if the Iconic Character Bladeforged Paladin went and flag for the Lord of Blades raid and fought him? Would the conversation be more interesting?

What happens if the Shadar-kai Assassin iconic character ex-Netherese went back and fought them at High Road quests and the SFC?

With the story of Shar and the ShadowFell plane, why not make a raid fighting Shar in the shadow plane? Fighting her minions Shadar Kai, ghosts, spectres, etc.?

Since the Twelve's planescaller cannot get us to the Plane of Dolruhh from the Tower of the Twelve, may be we can get to the plane of shadow from Faerun?
    Last edited by Tyrande; 05-27-2013 at 12:19 AM.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility

Bit harsh $50 for a bunch of cosmetics.. and a promise of something you can't talk about or show

wheres the epic content for the gamers that have stuck with you for almost 8 years?

Come on, fair go.

I bought the expansion, but I regret the purchase. 10 quests, 2 wilderness areas, no raid, no challenges?? This is not an expansion. It is two adventure packs overprized. I'm glad not to be VIP, this is a deception to your VIP subscribers. But I will not spend more money on this game.

And shadow of a doubt is bugged. I ran the quest twice yesterday and I could not finish any run. Seriously?? In Lammania people tell you about the bug. You are no serious, Turbine.

And one bladeforged cosmetic is missed ¬¬

If you are not ready to create a new expansion, you wait till you are.

And for the love of god, take your time to make to make a good enhancement system. The alpha one was horrible.

Community Member

From what I can see so far we have only part of the answer to the question. There are 11 quests and 2 wilderness areas. Are all the quests and both areas for levels 15-17 (and a bit more for the wilderness areas)? Is this 6 level 15-17 quests plus epic versions for 5 of them (so there really are 6 quests)? Are there 6 level 15-17 quests (plus 5 or 6 with epic versions) and a wilderness area they are in, plus a second level 25+ wilderness area with 5 additional level 25+ quests? Some other combination?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Iriale View Post
    I bought the expansion, but I regret the purchase. 10 quests, 2 wilderness areas, no raid, no challenges?? This is not an expansion. It is two adventure packs overprized. I'm glad not to be VIP, this is a deception to your VIP subscribers.

You raise a good point: no F2P/premiums should be complaining about the cost of the expansion, or if it is a legitimate 'expansion,' since they'd have to pay for the content if it was two separate updates anyway.
    Last edited by Postumus; 05-27-2013 at 07:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FrostBeard View Post
    Bit harsh $50 for a bunch of cosmetics.. and a promise of something you can't talk about or show

wheres the epic content for the gamers that have stuck with you for almost 8 years?

Come on, fair go.
    So only buy the $30 version? If 11 quests, 2 explorer areas, and new towns isn't worth $30 wait and buy it with TP later or not at all?

Community Member Ironclans_evil_twin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Postumus View Post
    You raise a good point: no F2P/premiums should be complaining about the cost of the expansion, or if it is a legitimate 'expansion,' since they'd have to pay for the content if it was two separate updates anyway.
    This is a false distinction, people who pay for content are people who pay for content.

Quote Originally Posted by Postumus View Post
    So only buy the $30 version? If 11 quests, 2 explorer areas, and new towns isn't worth $30 wait and buy it with TP later or not at all?
    I've defended Motu as an Expansion pack, and in fact I understand any business trying to monetize their product the best way they can, so that entails sometimes changing how people EXPECT to pay for things and trying to get them to pay for stuff in a way that better ensures profitability and in this case the continued access to the product, because non profitability for any significant amount of time will almost certainly result in server shutdowns. They might NEED this expansion and indeed they might try to monetize 2 updates every year or 6 months as an "expansion pack" if that's what is deemed the best way to keep the game going... Yes people will leave over that model no doubt about it.

All that was a lead up to this one question:

This pack at least the details they've given us doesn't seem a little bit like a desperate cash grab to you at all?

To me it smacks of people (suits) making monetary decisions with little or no regard for the long term health of the game. So does that mad scramble slap dash enhancement pass preview... which looks like it had about 2 months worth of work put in it not the 1.5 years it supposedly had. I say this remembering all the talk about grand new enhancements and full 3 PrE's and full racial PrE's and "Wall of Sound" for Bards and so many other neat sounding ideas that were APPARENTLY only on a white board and not actually in development... because we didn't get ANY of that, we got a couple terrible new PrE's (protector) slapped into more than one class (FvS and Cleric) got a bunch of old PrE's smashed into one PrE, and got a newly restrictive tree system that is prerequisite throttled, but because they have put in a arbitrarily low Class level requirement for Tier III PrE there's an illusion of new super powerful multiclasses that like a shiny cat toy have totally distracted at least some people away from the fact that the pass breaks a bunch of stuff that didn't need to be broken, adds a shed load of new "2 seconds of minor power 30 seconds of cooldown" clickies and give temporary trifling amolunts of SP and HP in place of old abilities that were GOOD (Bard spellsinger SP for example) etc. etc.

Maybe the biggest problem they are putting 26-28 levels in without anything to do AT nor much to do DURING the new levels. Stretching out an already thread bare playerbase.

It would be a whole different climate here if this stuff wasn't sitting under a pile of excrement called the new forums, and the slapdash enhancement preview.

Or hey if they announced that the new expansion would have a new special epic only Ultimate dungeon something like the infinite Labyrinth in the Weis and Hickman Sundering books.That featured randomized layouts, traps, random seed mobs (like Diablo and Path of Exile where mobs even bosses and orange named end up with randomized abilities) and unknown Epic random loot system... The "plane of endgame" lol. something to DO at level 28-30
    Last edited by Ironclans_evil_twin; 05-27-2013 at 08:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironclans_evil_twin View Post
    Maybe the biggest problem they are putting 26-28 levels in without anything to do AT nor much to do DURING the new levels.
    Well stated.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast