Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 211
  1. #101
    Community Member WruntJunior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Thelanis
    Posts
    3,126

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bsquishwizzy View Post
    The key word in the last quote is "amended."

    Most advertisements have to be run by the lawyers as there is such a thing called "mail fraud." Promising things in promotional literature and then not delivering after someone payes out money can get you in a lot of hot water. Unlike the mail system, rules that govern the Internet are a bit hazy, and the ability to scrub stuff is much easier.

    The test is whether the promotions intentionally misled consumers. The fact that they added disclaimers for MotU as it relates to VIPs proves that out. Furthermore, licensing agreements generally do not govern financial transactions, but liimit your claim on the software, and the liability of the manifacturer of the software. The rules that govern payment are done seperately.

    It is only a matter of someone being enterprising enough to risk litigation for $9.00 - 12.00 a month for a game. Then again, wireless compenies were sued for rounding uo minutes used, so pretty much anything is possible.
    There are provisions in the EULA for changing those very things, and usually fine print on those things as well. There are many ways to have a legal loophole, especially since most documents like EULAs leave provisions for revision, and the revised versions are generally agreed to without being re-read (or read in the first place).
    Eternal Infinity: Wruntjunior ~ DI Sorc // Youngwrunt ~ Survivalist Paladin // Wruntarrow ~ Monkcher // Wruntsonmonk ~ Wis-Based Monk

  2. #102
    Hero nibel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    3,472

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Olgar View Post
    Honestly, I don't regret the money I spent on MOTU. it felt huge, like an expansion should.

    Maybe after they start selling the new pack for 10 bucks I might find that this one does as well, but I won't be finding out until that time.
    MotU $30 pack:

    -15 quests + 1 raid
    -4 explorer zones
    -Epic Destinies
    -One lesser XP tome
    -1,000 TP

    Extra stuff ($50 pack):

    -Druid class
    -Eveningstar Challenges
    -One greater XP tome instead of the lesser one
    -2,000 TP
    -Veteran 4

    Not listing the Collector edition.

    Shadowfell $30 pack:

    -11 quests (including Shadow of a Doubt)
    -2 explorer zones
    -Iconic heroes
    -One lesser epic XP tome
    -One +1 skill tome for all characters ever made
    -1 Character Slot
    -1,000 TP

    Extra stuff ($50 pack):

    -3 Character slots
    -One +2 skill tome for all characters ever made instead of the +1
    -One greater epic XP tome instead of the lesser one
    -2,000 TP

    Not listing the legendary upgrade.

    IMO, they are comparable. Sure, Iconics are not as hot as EDs, but both are "new features". The Xp tomes and TP are equal. And the skill tomes + extra slots are worth more than the price of a 4-adventure + wilderness pack (to made them somewhat equal to MotU 15 + 4).

    And that is NOT considering people that love cosmetic stuff. This expansion have many more extra cosmetic stuff and pets than MotU.
    Main: Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist [<o>]

    Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

    I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

  3. #103
    Community Member bsquishwizzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raiderone000 View Post
    Glad I'm a Premium player. Saw the writing on the wall a long time ago. Don't get me wrong I'm glad we have expansions.
    I just knew 10 bucks a month wasn't going to get much extra.

    VIP is not a viable option...
    Honestly, if they can use the ELUA to doink VIPs on content, what makes you think they can't do something similar with Premium people?

    It is their content, not yours. You don't own it. They can void it and resell it to you as "improved" whenever they want if this is the case.

    And when they run out of VIP people to doink, who knows? That may be their next little money-making trick. it all depends on how desperate they are, how much they stand to gain by doing so, and if the community will tolerate it. Right now they got people defending them when it comes to VIPs and the content controversy, and they;ll have people doing the same should that little contingency plan come to fruition.

    It may sound crazy, but stuff that people said was bat-**** crazy 30 years ago is commonplace today.

  4. #104
    Community Member bsquishwizzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WruntJunior View Post
    There are provisions in the EULA for changing those very things, and usually fine print on those things as well. There are many ways to have a legal loophole, especially since most documents like EULAs leave provisions for revision, and the revised versions are generally agreed to without being re-read (or read in the first place).
    That depends.

    You can file a lawsuit for vritually anything. A judge can make the decision that it can be litigated. And juries don't decide based on legal loopholes.

    And again, ELUAs generally don;t cover payment for services, and that is intentional. It also doesn't provide them cover for falsely advertising promotinal stuff to attract paying players.

    You can be rock-solid in the right, and still get your pants sued off.

  5. #105
    Community Member Cetus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Keltarrin View Post
    Does every new expansion need a raid?
    I don't know, the words "NEW RAID" kinda would've helped my hand along the way toward my wallet.

    I haven't purchased it yet

    But...

    Am I going to buy the expansion? Probably, I won't lie. But - they're getting only 30 bucks outta me, instead of the larger amount that I'm willing to pay for an adequate amount of desirable content, most desirable of all was a new raid.

    Its awesome that we have nothing to do for the next three months as we patiently await 10 new quests.
    Cetus Heroic Lives: #32/32 | Epic Completionist: #20/24 | Iconic Lives: #6/6
    Cetusz - Pure Sorcerer: Heroic Lives: #24/24 | Epic Lives: #6/12 | Iconic Lives: #1/3
    YouTube Channel HERE
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

  6. #106
    Community Member Xaxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,348

    Default

    You know.. I really knew that turbine was out of touch with the player base, and they keep boning the pooch with virtually every decision as of late.... but to produce an *expansion* without at the very damn least one raid.... saying this is complete and utter stupidity would be to nice by any standards..... and I really cant type out here what kind of stuff this really is.

    I often come and go from this game... but right now... I have to admit for the first time since I first started playing this game I'm beginning to wonder if its time to delete everything and move on. After this bit of information I know I wont be alone in this contemplation and these guys really need to wrap their heads around what's gonna happen to the game on the current trajectory they're taking it.

  7. #107
    Community Member WruntJunior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Thelanis
    Posts
    3,126

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bsquishwizzy View Post
    That depends.

    You can file a lawsuit for vritually anything. A judge can make the decision that it can be litigated. And juries don't decide based on legal loopholes.

    And again, ELUAs generally don;t cover payment for services, and that is intentional. It also doesn't provide them cover for falsely advertising promotinal stuff to attract paying players.

    You can be rock-solid in the right, and still get your pants sued off.
    Not saying they can't be sued, as people in the US sue (and win) for stupid things. >_>

    Just pointing out that they do, in fact, cover their own rear's with their EULA, among other things.
    Eternal Infinity: Wruntjunior ~ DI Sorc // Youngwrunt ~ Survivalist Paladin // Wruntarrow ~ Monkcher // Wruntsonmonk ~ Wis-Based Monk

  8. #108
    Community Member Trillea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    4,249

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Keltarrin View Post
    Does every new expansion need a raid?
    Yes. 'Nuff said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Philam View Post
    I nominate you as head developer of DDO!
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    That tears it. I need to get a donkey.
    Concentrated power is the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

  9. #109
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    90

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trillea View Post
    Yes. 'Nuff said.
    Okay, why? Don't give this "'nuff said" nonsense, tell me why every expansion demands a raid. Especially when the raid we got with the LAST expansion is still crawling with bugs that aren't of the intentional variety. One would think that after the Caught in the Web fiasco you'd all be delighted to hear that there'll be no raid to blight the face of the new expansion!

  10. #110
    Community Member Trillea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    4,249

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Keltarrin View Post
    Okay, why? Don't give this "'nuff said" nonsense, tell me why every expansion demands a raid. Especially when the raid we got with the LAST expansion is still crawling with bugs that aren't of the intentional variety. One would think that after the Caught in the Web fiasco you'd all be delighted to hear that there'll be no raid to blight the face of the new expansion!
    Without a raid, considering the abysmal number of normal quests provided, it is a over-hyped update offering little more than under-level content, newb trap character paths, and charging way too much money for it. If the content provided here had a raid and more epic destinies, or even completed the PrEs that we were promised so long ago, it would qualify in my eyes as an expansion. A couple quests, 2 explorer areas, and a perm hireling does not an expansion make. The level cap raise is insignificant since all it really means is capped chars get +3 skills, 1 more feat, and some more HP.

    Just to make myself perfectly clear, an expansion set ABSOLUTELY needs a raid. Updates come and go without raids, but to ask us to pay for more content and then not have a raid is not only ridiculous, but greedy and money grubbing as well.
    Last edited by Trillea; 05-24-2013 at 05:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Philam View Post
    I nominate you as head developer of DDO!
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    That tears it. I need to get a donkey.
    Concentrated power is the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

  11. #111
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    1,681

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by QuartermasterX View Post
    No raid this time around. But yes, one of the wilderness areas is the Stormhorn Mountains.
    No raid is a horrible decision.

    You most definitely should update the pages where you sell the expansion to give out the relevant info about number of quests.

    What levels are the quests though? That info needs to be on display as well.

  12. #112
    The Hatchery Antiguo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    My house
    Posts
    670

    Default

    No raid, no spell revision (bards and druids are still screwed, where are the new spells?), only 10 quests (and maybe not all epic), if the enhacement testing is a clue only few new pres (and one of them awful and duplicate).


    Yeah, Turbine is worse than Cryptic (and thats something).

  13. #113
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    3rd star from the left, and on til morning...
    Posts
    2,629

    Default

    /warning : fanciful friday evening forum humor ahead - be careful taking this too seriously, its meant purely as fun.

    You've fallen hook line and sinker for the Plot! Just like how most Fortune 500 companies purposely lowball their estimates before earning reports, and just like most politicians downplay their chances of success on purpose, this is obviously a clever strategy designed to lull everyone into a state of low expectations...then after they've gathered initial data and evaluated their resources and made sufficient progress that they are satisfied of their competitive stance they'll release the -real- meat of the expansion, which will in reality include twice as many adventure packs with twice as many quests, a new 18 person raid and 3 all-new classes.

    Heck, I bet if there's enough extra cash, they might even create a new membership option, Ultra-VP, for $50/month Turbine will send you a top-of-the-line state-of-the-art Gaming PC, and run dedicated fiber directly to your house to ensure you have a completely smooth gaming experience.

    As for raids, I really don't care, they're just 12 person quests where I can't use my hirelings and I can't find groups for anyway. I'd be happy with just many more quests with better items.

    And for you legal hypothesizers out there, just think, if a company says you get all content not part of an expantion, all they have to do is make all new content part of an expansion, yes?

  14. #114
    Community Member FestusHood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    3,064

    Default

    Not sure why people are complaining so much. It's not mandatory. If you don't like it, just don't buy it and pretend they didn't even make it. Problem solved.

    The thing only went on sale yesterday. It will be available as a preorder for months before it debuts. Just relax and the information will be up there about exactly what is included. It's not like you have to buy it right now today or you lose out on something.

    My question revolves around whether or not Shadowfell is a new area? I know absolutely nothing about Dungeons and Dragons lore. Forgotten Realms was a completely new area from Eberron. So the word expansion actually fit. Is Shadowfell a different area? Or just another area in the Forgotten Realms?

  15. #115
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    90

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by My2Cents View Post
    /warning : fanciful friday evening forum humor ahead - be careful taking this too seriously, its meant purely as fun.

    You've fallen hook line and sinker for the Plot! Just like how most Fortune 500 companies purposely lowball their estimates before earning reports, and just like most politicians downplay their chances of success on purpose, this is obviously a clever strategy designed to lull everyone into a state of low expectations...then after they've gathered initial data and evaluated their resources and made sufficient progress that they are satisfied of their competitive stance they'll release the -real- meat of the expansion, which will in reality include twice as many adventure packs with twice as many quests, a new 18 person raid and 3 all-new classes.

    Heck, I bet if there's enough extra cash, they might even create a new membership option, Ultra-VP, for $50/month Turbine will send you a top-of-the-line state-of-the-art Gaming PC, and run dedicated fiber directly to your house to ensure you have a completely smooth gaming experience.

    As for raids, I really don't care, they're just 12 person quests where I can't use my hirelings and I can't find groups for anyway. I'd be happy with just many more quests with better items.

    And for you legal hypothesizers out there, just think, if a company says you get all content not part of an expantion, all they have to do is make all new content part of an expansion, yes?
    Naw, man, see they've gone and hired some former Paragon Studios developers and are preparing to unleash City of Heroes-style raids on us! Eighteen man raids? Fah! Try FIFTY man raids against ISLAND-sized opponents with mook defenders that dwarf Arach's Knight!

  16. #116
    Hero nibel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    3,472

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FestusHood View Post
    My question revolves around whether or not Shadowfell is a new area? I know absolutely nothing about Dungeons and Dragons lore. Forgotten Realms was a completely new area from Eberron. So the word expansion actually fit. Is Shadowfell a different area? Or just another area in the Forgotten Realms?
    http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Shadowfell

    On 4e, the Shadowfell was turned into a core outer plane.

    On Eberron, the Shadowfell encompasses both Dolurrh, the Realm of the dead, and Mabar, the Endless Night.
    Main: Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist [<o>]

    Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

    I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

  17. #117
    Community Member Teen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Sarlona
    Posts
    174

    Default

    Too bad people on the forums are only a small percentage of people who play DDO.

    I'd assume they're trying to please everyone not just certain groups (i.e endgame raiders)

    I actually find the iconic heroes interesting but a new raid I wouldn't mind, but I'd rather see bug fixes rather than a new raid/content
    D E S T R U C T I O N

    Sarlona

  18. #118
    Community Member AtomicMew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,709

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Teen View Post
    Too bad people on the forums are only a small percentage of people who play DDO.

    I'd assume they're trying to please everyone not just certain groups (i.e endgame raiders)

    I actually find the iconic heroes interesting but a new raid I wouldn't mind, but I'd rather see bug fixes rather than a new raid/content
    Even if forum members aren't representative, they're still doing a poor job. LFMs are down across the board, and U18 was but a small blip of interest. They spent more times making the trees pretty outside the cave in GoS than they did making sure people would actually be interested in the content.

  19. #119
    Community Member Shinjiteru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    192

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by QuartermasterX View Post
    Shadowfell Conspiracy will include 10 Quests and 2 Wilderness Areas in addition to the 1 prelude quest currently available with pre-purchase.

    This information will be added to the Shadowfell Conspiracy FAQ and Pre-Purchase page.
    Can you please also include for which levels these quests will be and if they have an epic difficulty setting, think that's also important for many players.

  20. #120
    Community Member Dawnsfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,643

    Default Raid?

    Why are people complaining about there being no raid in this expansion? I thought people had figured out by now that the Endgame is TRing (kinda)

    Quote Originally Posted by Torc View Post
    I’m only nerfing you now so I can buff you later.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload