Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

VIP where told they get all content as part of there sub. Why does the word "expansion" change that? If they need to make some money off VIP than offer me a VIP bundle that has all the non content junk.

Quote Originally Posted by clomba11378 View Post
    VIP where told they get all content as part of there sub. Why does the word "expansion" change that? If they need to make some money off VIP than offer me a VIP bundle that has all the non content junk.
    Sadly this argument now has merit with the update they're calling an expansion. MOTU I would have disagreed with you all day long, figures the dev's would kick in the teeth of their defenders with this one.

Thanks Quartermaster for the info finally.

Good to know this, it makes the deal completely unworthy in my eyes, as I suspected.

I'll keep my $$ and wait for it to go on sale for 10$ like MoTU did.
    Jeez Turbine, this is beginning to feel like an unmitigated cash grab again.
    MoTU was worth it, IMO.

But this? No thanks.
    Try again!
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Quote Originally Posted by clomba11378 View Post
    Don't take this wrong, but you're beating a dead horse.

They dorked VIPs with MotU, and they are dorking them again. Simply because they can.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by bsquishwizzy View Post

They dorked VIPs with MotU, and they are dorking them again. Simply because they can.
    Honestly, I don't regret the money I spent on MOTU. it felt huge, like an expansion should.

Maybe after they start selling the new pack for 10 bucks I might find that this one does as well, but I won't be finding out until that time.

Quote Originally Posted by danotmano1998 View Post
    MoTU was worth it, IMO.
    Agreed, MoTU just had SO much stuff at once and was well worth it.

This? you've got to be kidding me. I'm a sad VIP who'll buy this during the going out of business sale.

Believe me i know that horse is long gone.

Community Member

It's a binding legal contract, though. I don't have the money to pursue legal action, but if someone else did, a case could be made against Turbine that they're reneging on the deal all VIPs signed up for by forcing us to pay more. It's called a Class Action Lawsuit, I believe, and I'm pretty sure it'd get Warner Brothers' attention right quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Keltarrin View Post
    It's a binding legal contract, though. I don't have the money to pursue legal action, but if someone else did, a case could be made against Turbine that they're reneging on the deal all VIPs signed up for by forcing us to pay more. It's called a Class Action Lawsuit, I believe, and I'm pretty sure it'd get Warner Brothers' attention right quick.
    Dude, the EULA has to have this covered. Come on.

Quote Originally Posted by QuartermasterX View Post
    No raid this time around.
    You guys are so out of touch, it's so sad it's not even funny.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Okay, dig it out and show me. "All Content" doesn't leave a whole lot of wiggle room. You made the claim, so...

In fact, I'm pretty sure it's covered here, though my legalize is a bit rusty:

Quote Originally Posted by DDO EULA
    8. Changes to Agreement and Game. Turbine may update this Agreement at its sole discretion, and you will be asked to review and agree to the revised version of the EULA once it becomes effective. If you do not agree to a revised EULA, you will not be permitted to continue playing the Game. If at any time you are no longer able to comply with the terms of the then-current EULA, you must terminate this Agreement pursuant to Section 2 and immediately stop using the Game. Turbine may change, modify, suspend, or discontinue any aspect of the Game at any time. Turbine may also impose limits on certain features or restrict your access to parts or all of the Game without notice or liability. You have no interest, monetary or otherwise, in any feature or content contained in the Game.
    In addition, all pages that advertise VIP or compare VIP/Premium/F2P have been amended to include "All Adventure Packs released in non-expansion Updates are free to DDO VIPs."
    Eternal Infinity: Wruntjunior ~ DI Sorc // Youngwrunt ~ Survivalist Paladin // Wruntarrow ~ Monkcher // Wruntsonmonk ~ Wis-Based Monk

This is the first mmo I have ever played. Is it standard practice to sell an expansion and two days later tell people how much content there money buys? Ok I'm being sarcastic, I apologize but I'm mad.

What about the money Turbine is making off of raid timers much less raiding keeps people playing and therefore paying. Is that not a reason to make a new raid considering raids generate so much revenue? This is a terrible decision. All those resources invested into iconic heroes oriented toward new players and not invested toward end game players in a simple raid. Bah this game is dead just really really dead for the $$ they want for this expansion of 10 quests and really what else is in it. Of course they will put their overpowered jibber jabber items and try to force people to have to buy an expansion in order to play the end game effectively. The MOTU had far more in it and was worthy of the expansion title this is a money grab pure and simple.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

Quote Originally Posted by WruntJunior View Post

In addition, all pages that advertise VIP or compare VIP/Premium/F2P have been amended to include "All Adventure Packs released in non-expansion Updates are free to DDO VIPs."
    Glad I'm a Premium player. Saw the writing on the wall a long time ago. Don't get me wrong I'm glad we have expansions.
    I just knew 10 bucks a month wasn't going to get much extra.

VIP is not a viable option...

Quote Originally Posted by QuartermasterX View Post
    Shadowfell Conspiracy will include 10 Quests and 2 Wilderness Areas in addition to the 1 prelude quest currently available with pre-purchase.

This information will be added to the Shadowfell Conspiracy FAQ and Pre-Purchase page.
    couple of questions:

1: With the 2 explorer zones being listed as level 16 and 19, am i correct to assume the 10 quests mentioned are levels 16-20 to help level the Iconics?

2: will these heroic level quests have Epic versions?

3: if they do not have Epic level versions of the 10 quests/explorer zones. Do you expect us to reach level 28 with old content? Guestimating a total of 6m xp to go from level 20-28, am i in the right ballpark on xp totals.
    Roving Guns - Sarlona
    Cashery: 18 Fighter/2 Paladin ~ Havenstorm : 20 Paladin~ Cashfu: 20 Monk
    Cachemoney: 20 Sorcerer~ Repulsion: 20 Favored Soul ~
    Duergrim: 18 Artificer/2 Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by WruntJunior View Post

<snip>

The key word in the last quote is "amended."

Most advertisements have to be run by the lawyers as there is such a thing called "mail fraud." Promising things in promotional literature and then not delivering after someone payes out money can get you in a lot of hot water. Unlike the mail system, rules that govern the Internet are a bit hazy, and the ability to scrub stuff is much easier.

The test is whether the promotions intentionally misled consumers. The fact that they added disclaimers for MotU as it relates to VIPs proves that out. Furthermore, licensing agreements generally do not govern financial transactions, but liimit your claim on the software, and the liability of the manifacturer of the software. The rules that govern payment are done seperately.

It is only a matter of someone being enterprising enough to risk litigation for $9.00 - 12.00 a month for a game. Then again, wireless compenies were sued for rounding uo minutes used, so pretty much anything is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Cashiry View Post
    couple of questions:

1: With the 2 explorer zones being listed as level 16 and 19, am i correct to assume the 10 quests mentioned are levels 16-20 to help level the Iconics?

2: will these heroic level quests have Epic versions?

3: if they do not have Epic level versions of the 10 quests/explorer zones. Do you expect us to reach level 28 with old content? Guestimating a total of 6m xp to go from level 20-28, am i in the right ballpark on xp totals.
    lol!

Now that would be really funny...Turbine selling a mystery box to people and not only does it not contain raids, but is all low level content.
    Proud Recipient of At least 8 Negative Rep From NA Threads.
    Main: Sharess
    Alts: Avaril/Cyr/Cyrillia/Garagos/Inim/Lamasa/Ravella

Honestly, putting the whole VIP thing aside, selling an expension and not listing the contents thereof is sorta low rent. It is a pretty clear indication to me that they were just looking for new revenue, this was a way to get it way before they had to deliver something, most of it based on a form of hype.

And if you payed for it, don't complain about what you get. Never buy a horse without looking it in the mouth, or checking the hooves.

As for Turbine, I may or may not keep my VIP subscription after this - not 100% sure. I got some friends that play, and I might stay on with what;s provided with VIP, but that's about it. But it's pretty clear to me what their game is at this point.

if it was a matter of paying more for VIP content, they should have just upped the rates. Instead, they chose to simply **** all over loyal, paying subscribers. And with this "expansion pack" (honestly, I really wasn't impressed with the two quests I've run thus far), they're proving that they'll continue to **** all over their loyal subscribers again to make some easy money.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyr View Post
    lol!

Now that would be really funny...Turbine selling a mystery box to people and not only does it not contain raids, but is all low level content.
    LOL . . . do we even know if this new garbage is epic level or not? Does it say anywhere?

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast