Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    Community Member

Default Can you tell us how many adventures, raids and wilderness areas are in Shadowfell?

I wouldn't mind pre-ordering but I'm more interested in quests than cosmetic fluff, tomes and hirelings. I'd be more likely to give you guys some money if I had more of an idea of what I was paying for.

So what can we expect to get in the two adventure packs?

Quote Originally Posted by Brendael View Post
    I wouldn't mind pre-ordering but I'm more interested in quests than cosmetic fluff, tomes and hirelings. I'd be more likely to give you guys some money if I had more of an idea of what I was paying for.

I second that , What am I buying? they must really take us for a bunch of Tards
    Kahzadoom~Xzr~Irondoom~Doomlord~XvKing DoomHammer~
    Xoriat Born~Doompriest~Doom~DoomTusk~Legion of Doom~Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.

2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

Definitely, not going to give up money for two poor explorer areas...

We want details of the exact content... the Fluff we don't care much, it will come if we preorder, or not if we don't preorder...

And what is going to make me preorder ( beside having been burned by MOTU bugathon and all the ensuing fail [up to and including this forum revamp fail, and preparing for the Enhancement NGE Redux Fail] ) is some good details on the content ( not the fluff ), and right now the content is : Two explorer areas.

That's definitely not going to make me buy it.
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Quote Originally Posted by Brendael View Post

Agreed, and also... what does the increase in level cap REALLY mean? Are there increases in epic destinies also, changes to spells, etc... Or are we just getting some extra BAB and HP and saves?

Before I pre-order I want to see the actual meat of the expansion, not just the fluff.

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by psteen1 View Post
    Before I pre-order I want to see the actual meat of the expansion, not just the fluff.
    But... but... shinies!
    It's definitely an N-word.

if there was a raid they would have said there is a raid.

There is no raid.

Turbine is calling 2 packs an expansion and ripping off VIPs. There is nothing more to say about this.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flavilandile View Post
    Definitely, not going to give up money for two poor explorer areas...

We want details of the exact content... the Fluff we don't care much, it will come if we preorder, or not if we don't preorder...

And what is going to make me preorder ( beside having been burned by MOTU bugathon and all the ensuing fail [up to and including this forum revamp fail, and preparing for the Enhancement NGE Redux Fail] ) is some good details on the content ( not the fluff ), and right now the content is : Two explorer areas.

That's definitely not going to make me buy it.
    Agreed. I'm not buying **** until I know what I'm buying!

I think anyway my plan of attack will be to wait until it releases and 1) let turbine fix all the bugs and. 2) read player feedback to see if its worth it. And finally, wait until it goes on sale for half off. Then I MIGHT get my money's worth.

Also fear of the enhancement pass destroying the game is preventing me from investing too heavily in DDO at this point. I wish I knew when it was coming to give me an idea of how much time I have to find a new addiction. I think I'll need a new rig, though. Mine is too dated to play newer games. The thought of having to go back to WOW is disheartening.

Community Member

You don't preorder for the expansion, you preorder for the goodies the preorder gives you. If you don't want the goodies, there's no point in preordering at all.

Though yes, I would like to see some info just for curiosities sake.

I'm not seeing anything to make me want to preorder. A few bucks off the legendary upgrade and some cosmetic bits and pieces. Unless there is something exclusive (which isnt a bit of cosmetic fluff) that won't be available later on, I'll probably wait until the launch and see the reaction then.

Quote Originally Posted by Catteras View Post
    Also fear of the enhancement pass destroying the game is preventing me from investing too heavily in DDO at this point. I wish I knew when it was coming to give me an idea of how much time I have to find a new addiction. I think I'll need a new rig, though. Mine is too dated to play newer games. The thought of having to go back to WOW is disheartening.
    I'm of the same mind, this game's dying so why spend more money "buying" part of it?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by jalont View Post
    You don't preorder for the expansion, you preorder for the goodies the preorder gives you. If you don't want the goodies, there's no point in preordering at all.

Though yes, I would like to see some info just for curiosities sake.
    I wouldn't mind getting the shineys, but I just want to know about the meat before I fork out for the condiments.

the interns at turbine have not fix ALLOT arties still have "features" i dont think they are suposed to have, they have not fixed all the bugs from the last Xpac and im sure the whole week or so of lamainia testing didnt change 1 thing #$^@ you.. turbine FIX STUFF

Quote Originally Posted by Catteras View Post
    Agreed. I'm not buying **** until I know what I'm buying!

I think anyway my plan of attack will be to wait until it releases and 1) let turbine fix all the bugs and. 2) read player feedback to see if its worth it. And finally, wait until it goes on sale for half off. Then I MIGHT get my money's worth.

Please let there be a raid where we can kick the collective rears of a few of the Princes of Shade....

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jalont View Post
    That is my opinion. If I could get just the legendary bonus, I would.

Nothing in there makes me want to pre-order, even less when I don't know what I'm buying. Telling me to pre-order an expansion that may as well be 4 quests and a raid isn't my idea of expansion but an update like the ones we had until cash grab WB took over.

I'm not spending a single dime on this expansion until I know what's in it. And even then, if I don't consider it to be worth the price, I will wait until it's on sale and costing a pittance. I'm patient, I can wait.
    DDO-Europe 2006/2010 - Aureon/Keeper

I'm blunt as a rock and can seem aggressive because of it. Be aware of that when reading my posts.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aussir View Post
    Nothing in there makes me want to pre-order, even less when I don't know what I'm buying. Telling me to pre-order an expansion that may as well be 4 quests and a raid isn't my idea of expansion but an update like the ones we had until cash grab WB took over.

I'm not spending a single dime on this expansion until I know what's in it. And even then, if I don't consider it to be worth the price, I will wait until it's on sale and costing a pittance. I'm patient, I can wait.
    Agreed. I would like to know how many quests and raids are in this expansion. Cosmetics and pets...I don't care. Why won't Turbine reveal this crucial information is not very promising...

So Turbine ? How many quests ????

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    That is my opinion. If I could get just the legendary bonus, I would.
    I'm guessing they will soon be available for sale for TP codes/in game items since they have their own item code.

Quote Originally Posted by die View Post
    I second that , What am I buying? they must really take us for a bunch of Tards
    Turbine reply:

"Shut up and give us your money"
    How to revamp past life reward system <--- working again
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We absolutely planned for Fighter to still have Haste Boost. It's absolutely a bug. Any similar issues that look "wrong" to any player should be bugged.
    Developers should fix this

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by pask88 View Post
    Agreed. I would like to know how many quests and raids are in this expansion. Cosmetics and pets...I don't care. Why won't Turbine reveal this crucial information is not very promising...

So Turbine ? How many quests ????
    LOL - I think there is a simple answer to this. Turbine won't reveal anything because the expansion is not going to have a lot of content. If they reveal that, few will buy it. They want the pre-orders, however, so they shroud the content in mystery. They hope that the shinnies are enough to grab sales.

What we will get out of the expansion: 3 more worthless epic levels to slog through with no epic quests to get the xp from. Oh, I get a little more hp, sp, and what, a feat? Maybe? That's not worth grinding out 3 more levels just so I can cap and not get a quest repetition penalty for grinding out epic destinies.

If this game weren't better than everything else (at least what I've tried/investigated) out there (even with Turbine management's head up their butts and making stupid decisions [holy ****, look at these forums..., and broken wail..., and broken X...) I'd move on to something else already. Unfortunately, I love DnD, and DDO comes very close to replicating that (for me). And I hate BS games like Neverwinter and WOW that have no character customization and just want you to collect X, kill X, or Kill X that drops X which you...collect! Let the masses play those games until their fingers bleed, for all I care. Turbine is alienating its player base (the vets) and I wonder how many new players are even joining these days. Shoot between a crappy lfm scene (if there's a group, many times it's unfriendly to new players and they leave because of this) and an unforgiving character creation (which I happen to love because it requires thought and planning) that can easily lead to a worthless toon if you take the wrong feats/skills/whatever, I wonder how many new players actually stick around. The learning curve is huge; and putting up with unfriendly players drives others away.

I gotta stop ranting. This is getting old. Time to go grind out another level on my sorc.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    if there was a raid they would have said there is a raid.

There is no raid.

Turbine is calling 2 packs an expansion and ripping off VIPs. There is nothing more to say about this.

This I why I will be canceling two subs.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast