Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
    Community Member

Calling two adventure packs an expansion should be a criminal offence.

And no raid... who is running the show at turbine nowadays, daffy duck?

Thanks for the fair warning...

What next, you'll tell us we HAVE to buy the expansion because the enhancement pass won't work without it, and anyone who doesn't buy it will be left without enhancements?

We're tiny, we're toony, we're all a little loony <--------- (pretty sure I heard that yesterday driving by ddo offices)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by QuartermasterX View Post
    No raid this time around. But yes, one of the wilderness areas is the Stormhorn Mountains.
    Well that sure makes the pre-order decision easy. I'm not going to pre-order two adventure packs. I enjoy the fluff bonuses as much as the next guy, but there's got to be some reasonable core of content it's tied too if I'm going to pre-purchase something. Two adventure packs with no raid doesn't cut it.

Do we even know if the packs will include epic levels?
    Gildus, Sabathiel, Einion, Yhvain

Cannith

Quote Originally Posted by QuartermasterX View Post
    Shadowfell Conspiracy will include 10 Quests and 2 Wilderness Areas in addition to the 1 prelude quest currently available with pre-purchase.

This information will be added to the Shadowfell Conspiracy FAQ and Pre-Purchase page.
    Thank you QmX for the information! Have a happy and safe holiday weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by Krumm View Post
    Are there anything else in the expansion (besides the bling blings) ie new challenge(s), new class, new race, new Epic Destiny or expansion of Epic Destinies, etc?
    You saying you would like to pay AGAIN for EDs? Don't give devs that information please...
    How to revamp past life reward system <--- working again
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We absolutely planned for Fighter to still have Haste Boost. It's absolutely a bug. Any similar issues that look "wrong" to any player should be bugged.
    Developers should fix this

I can actually recommend new players buy the base MotU pack; not as the first thing they buy, of course, but maybe like "get gianthold, then vale, then the motu base package" as a valid introductory path.

I can't even begin to imagine recommending this next expansion to new players. Ever. I can't even see recommending it to veterans, either.

The problem with Iconic Game Skipping Characters is that you're reducing the content new players get to discover, and by a pretty decent margin. Starting a character at 15 is terrible for new players, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    I can actually recommend new players buy the base MotU pack; not as the first thing they buy, of course, but maybe like "get gianthold, then vale, then the motu base package" as a valid introductory path.

I can't even begin to imagine recommending this next expansion to new players. Ever.
    Gianthold is needed only on a second life toon, for first life vale and motu are more than enough.
    How to revamp past life reward system <--- working again
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We absolutely planned for Fighter to still have Haste Boost. It's absolutely a bug. Any similar issues that look "wrong" to any player should be bugged.
    Developers should fix this

It occurs to me that...

10 quests (heroic and epic)
    2 raids (one heroic, one epic)
    1 wilderness area (both heroic and epic versions)

...is 950 TP and free to VIP.

Maybe try to make the content of an expansion pack at least as much as Gianthold? 1 wilderness area < 2 raids.

It occurs to me that...

Maybe try to make the content of an expansion pack at least as much as Gianthold? 1 wilderness area < 2 raids.
    This

Great post. I can't believe the information that has been shared about the expansion, I keep wishing that I'll wake up and it'll have been a bad dream.

Community Member

It occurs to me that...

Does Gianthold come with any new levels or character types? How about any new character slots? Any XP or skill tomes?

Default While the lack of a raid is disappointing....

You should be asking more pointed questions about the content of the expansion, like:

1) How will epic caster level increases be handled, now that there are more epic levels than ED levels?

2) Will there be any challenge packs?

3) What kind of named loot will be in the expansion?

4) Please, tell me there won't be a spider theme! I'm tired of spiders, even the ones with boobs.

5) What about challenge items and seasonal event items? Will their be level 28 versions of those?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by HatsuharuZ View Post
    You should be asking more pointed questions about the content of the expansion, like:

1) How will epic caster level increases be handled, now that there are more epic levels than ED levels?

2) Will there be any challenge packs?

3) What kind of named loot will be in the expansion?

4) Please, tell me there won't be a spider theme! I'm tired of spiders, even the ones with boobs.

5) What about challenge items and seasonal event items? Will their be level 28 versions of those?
    I think we're moving away from Lolth and on to Shar, Mistress of Darkness, Shadows, and the Night. Shar does not have a spider fetish but I believe does work through reptilian emissaries via absorption of the scaly god Ibrandul during the Time of Troubles a few decades ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Keltarrin View Post
    Does Gianthold come with any new levels or character types? How about any new character slots? Any XP or skill tomes?
    Tomes, character slots ext are pre-order bonuses.

Module 4 which introduced gianthold raised the cap from 12 to 14

Module 9 introduced f2p and raised the cap to 20

Module 7 introduced monk

Module 2 introduced drow

Update 11 introduced arti

These are all classes and races that were in regular update packs, even if some aren't free to vip. Level cap raises were done as regular updates before. Some regular packs are as big as the expansion.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    Tomes, character slots ext are pre-order bonuses.

Module 4 which introduced gianthold raised the cap from 12 to 14

Module 9 introduced f2p and raised the cap to 20

Module 7 introduced monk

Module 2 introduced drow

Update 11 introduced arti

These are all classes and races that were in regular update packs, even if some aren't free to vip. Level cap raises were done as regular updates before. Some regular packs are as big as the expansion.
    Point made and conceded.

Here's what I can't get past:

Can I purchase the expansion with Turbine Points and how much will it cost?

Shadowfell Conspiracy expansion content will be available for purchase with Turbine Points when the Expansion launches in August. Turbine Point prices will be as follows:

Standard Pack 2495 Turbine Points
    Complete Pack 4495 Turbine Points
    So yea, they are basically selling each of these adventure packs for 2000 or 2500 TP each.

2495 is the same price as all of MotU. So for the same price as 4 or 5 quests and maybe one adventure area, I would be getting 16 quests, 1 raid, and 1 huge wilderness area, and 2 large wilderness areas.

Or for 2345 TP, I could get the Necropolis I-IV bundle and the Vale of Twilight. That gives me 25 quests (including some of the highest XP quests in the game), 3 adventure areas, and 4 raids.

This is a terrible, awful deal. What are you thinking, Turbine?
    I am the 'Who' In the call "Who's there!?"
    I am the wind blowing through your hair.
    I am the shadow on the moon at night, filling your dreams to the brim with fright.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matuse View Post

So yea, they are basically selling each of these adventure packs for 2000 or 2500 TP each.

2495 is the same price as all of MotU. So for the same price as 4 or 5 quests and maybe one adventure area, I would be getting 16 quests, 1 raid, and 1 huge wilderness area, and 2 large wilderness areas.

Or for 2345 TP, I could get the Necropolis I-IV bundle and the Vale of Twilight. That gives me 25 quests (including some of the highest XP quests in the game), 3 adventure areas, and 4 raids.

It is management, ergo, not thinking of anything but themselves.

Remember, this game has been managed by the same husband and wife team (in essence) since launch. Wife was the EP in the beginning and is currently run by the husband.

The wife knew how to run a game (Kate wasn't perfect, but much better than her old man) Husband tends to open his mouth and announce things LONG before an announcement should be made, and then force it out LONG before it is ready.

The least he could so is spit once in awhile when giving us the shaft.

EDIT: I agree. What they are attempting to do here is milk V.I.P. players for new adventure areas under the pretense of it being an "expansion" when it is NOT an expansion, it is 2 updates to the game rolled into one release. The only reason to call this an "expansion" is because V.I.P. get access to all non expansion releases as part of their monthly.
    Last edited by forummuleonly; 05-25-2013 at 01:28 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Codog View Post
    [*]Small evolutionary change that can be completed in shorter stretches of time is more readily achieveable for us than large _revolutionary_ change. Revolutionary change can be rather destabilizing from an engineering and balance perspective.

Community Member

Does every new expansion need a raid? That's update stuff. We're getting new LEVELS with this.
    I am rather boggled that this is even being asked. Yes, every expansion that increases the level cap does need a raid. As it is, they are making the old end game content obsolete without giving players any kind of new end game content. If people think that the servers are ghost towns now, just wait and see what happens after this! People want to play DDO. But Turbine is making that extremely hard to do, by making decisions such as this.

Even Turbine's other game, LotRO, hit a situation where they were unable to produce a raid to include in their expansion. Maybe go across the office and ask what solution they figured out for the situation, which managed to make most of their players happy?

With no raid, gamers will be finished with the new content in a couple of weeks. I guess that the upside of this is that the casual players will have lag free, and empty, servers to play on.

Treating expansions the same way every other game company does? The same way MotU was? I'd laugh if it weren't so sad.
    Really? Every game company? Like the recent Star Trek Online expansion, which was free to everyone with the monetization coming from cash shop items that are not strictly necessary? I am laughing at how sad this thread is.... Laughing bitterly at how terrible planning over the last couple of years has systematically driven away players from a game that I used to enjoy playing.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SerPounce View Post
    Do we even know if the packs will include epic levels?
    There will be a heroic pack that follows up on the U18 quests, and the Stormhorn Mountains will be epic.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matuse View Post

Standard would be the 2 adv. packs without the iconic toons I guess, or am I wrong here?
    If I could get all 10 quests + adv. areas for 2500 TP is still way too high, but at least I wouldn't wait 2 months as I did with MotU. With no real end game I'm on the TR bandwagon also, just not using stones, instead doing all quests on elite - it gives me min. 6-700 TP per life, and I will start the 10th life on a 3rd stringer toon soon.

Community Member

What I don't understand here, that all of this strategy they do is about the new players starting zone in FR (at lvl 15). So, who was that guy giving out advices about possible "new players"?? I highly doubt, that any new player would start in DDO with a pay for Forgotten Realms... They can start totally "free" in other games.... which are just simple not 7 years old!! (Even there is an other game with dungeons & dragons settings as well, and brand new...)

I do TR's a lot, and doing LFM's as well. Trust me, this game lacks new players. Some times ago I filled a Dhakaan in minutes, in the last couple of months? I already finish the quest before 1st guy apply. And they are just disappearing. Having fun in an elite Proof is in the Poison with a newbie playing on a rogue, just to receive a tell days later he leaves game and check something else... not good. When I was a new player the biggest factor I tried this game was the fact, its f2p. Don't tell me, that lot of people will come to such and old game, like DDO is, if they have to pay... More and more game on the horizon, and they are FRESH ones.

(Sorry for my bad grammar, english is not my mother language.)

So are these new packs epic or not?

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast