Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Community Member

I too would appreciate an answer to this question. The lack of info is very disheartening.

Community Member

It's likely to early to tell how much will be done by the release date, which will be how much content the expansion will have.

Or maybe they are really in such bad shape that they actually need the pre-order money to pay for the content, so pre-order sales will also have a hand in determining how much content there will be.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gremmlynn View Post
    It's likely to early to tell how much will be done by the release date, which will be how much content the expansion will have.

Or maybe they are really in such bad shape that they actually need the pre-order money to pay for the content, so pre-order sales will also have a hand in determining how much content there will be.
    unfortunatly with the lack of info and the mess that was motu i recon only 5% of the people who pre ordered motu will pre order this i know i wont be
    Main:- Clerivast - 2nd life - 22 cleric, alt:- Aobhiel - 3rd life - 25 monk.
    Member of Imperial Assassins of Argo.

Community Member

A reply to this would be in order to stop the rampant rumors (all very negative). Please tell us to restore faith.

2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

Taken from somewhere else, the source is considered as being reliable on that somewhere else, if you want the fine prints google it.

Expansion content :
    More than 9 quests. At least 2 Explorer Areas.
    Not commenting on a raid or not.
    Enhancement Pass may be in.
    Epic TR will probably not be in.
    4 Iconic Classes.
    1 Owlbear.
    Note : I rephrased the quote, as it contained more stuff.
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flavilandile View Post
    Taken from somewhere else, the source is considered as being reliable on that somewhere else, if you want the fine prints google it.

Expansion content :
    Note : I rephrased the quote, as it contained more stuff.
    Do you have a link to the source?

Unless a Producer or Developer said that - and there is a link showing just that - its hearsay though. Still nice to see but definitely not to be taken as fact until confirmed by someone from Turbine.

The pre-order page says that there are at least 2 Wilderness areas (Stormhorn Mountains, Wheloon Adventure Area) and 2 New Forgotten Realm packs. I'd say that's around 8-9 quests, no mention of raids thou.

I'd really like a word from a Dev too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Severlin and Severlin Online. PLAY FOR FREE* NOW!

*maybe
    Farwil, Chaos Gamblers - Argonessen.

Quote Originally Posted by mikarddo View Post

Unless a Producer or Developer said that - and there is a link showing just that - its hearsay though. Still nice to see but definitely not to be taken as fact until confirmed by someone from Turbine.
    Sorry, linking that website would get me at least an infraction : Google It.

As for who wrote it... once you have goggled the thing it will be obvious who it is.
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Google it. It is on TSTSNBNACNBLFTFAIIATR*

*The Site That Shall Not Be Named And Can Not Be Linked From These Forums As It Is Agains The Rules.
    =$==$==$==$==$==$==$==ORIEN==$==$==$==$==$==$==$=
    Darthwolf **(?_?) Zendarth m(?_?m) Darthnoheals \(?_?)
    =$==$==$==$==$==$==House Do'Urden==$==$==$==$==$==$=

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by darthhento View Post

*The Site That Shall Not Be Named And Can Not Be Linked From These Forums As It Is Agains The Rules.
    I didnt even know there was such a site but I suppose its a hint even so Now to figure out how to google that though I suspect that the poster wont be official and hence still simply be hearsay.

Community Member

I didnt even know there was such a site but I suppose its a hint even so Now to figure out how to google that though I suspect that the poster wont be official and hence still simply be hearsay.
    It's not hearsay. It is legit. I don't think the person in question really wants to be known though as I'm not sure they have permission to do what they're doing but at the same time they're doing a great service to the DDO community. I don't want to say any more than that though and get someone else or myself in trouble.
    Tajawuka 9 monk/8 ranger/3 arti AA (3 ranger/monk/fighter pl's) - Toolbots working on Morninglord Cleric life #2 (3 wizard/sorc/druid pl) - Evisra 28 rogue

What should we google: "shadowfell expansion"? "new ddo expansion rumors"? "secret ddo site"? sheesh..

Anyway, there's another site, which I cannot mention, that says that DDO will shut down its servers next week for good. Google it, 'cause I can't say more. It's certainly true.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Svartelric View Post
    What should we google: "shadowfell expansion"? "new ddo expansion rumors"? "secret ddo site"? sheesh..
    To find the other DDO FORUM? Is your google-fu really that weak?

Like there's just ONE more forum about this game. Bah, who cares.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by darthhento View Post

Thank you; since Turbine refuses to give us any information on it, I will check there.

I agree though; I looked at the expansion, and really wanted there to be something worth buying.

There is not, it is yet another WB cash grab, meant to take more money from people who already pay for VIP. (Which is not me anymore, I cancelled that ages ago)

Prove us wrong, Turbine.

Prove. us. wrong.

If you need money that badly, why not consider adding 5 bucks to the cost of VIP, and abandoning this silly once-a-year expansion plan.

Course... not sure we can trust you to keep your word about no more expansions if you upped the price... so I think you guys dug your hole too deep now, and it might be too late.

Quote Originally Posted by Svartelric View Post
    Also, if you're talking about this thread, it looks to me as utter BS from an attention seeking troll who can barely type:
    You didn't look hard enough at who the attention seeking troll is in reality...

I'm sure he is going to be thrilled by being compared to a troll.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flavilandile View Post
    You didn't look hard enough at who the attention seeking troll is in reality...

I'm sure he is going to be thrilled by being compared to a troll.
    LOL - I know right.

I have spent a grand total of 5 minutes in the last year on that other place (just cause well honestly I keep forgetting to check it).... and even *I* know who that is.

To that poster who braved those foreign forums... (try saying that 3 times fast)... Thanks for the limited information, better than nothing!

Community Member

Lets focus on the issue at hand here. Nomatter what someone who may or may not know something posted anon on any forum that does not change the fact that an official post on the actual content of the expansion would be reasonable if Turbine expects to sell a sizeable number of pre-orders.

Nomatter what someone who may or may not know something posted anon on any forum.
    It's definitely not anon, if you spend more than 1 minute looking at a single post.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast