Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Warning: Unusually optimistic position here

So, one thing that can compensate for the lack of a raid is the quality of these 10 quests.

The only way I'll stay happy without a raid is if every one of these quests is von3 on steroids - with tons of optionals with kickass xp, amazing loot*, an epic showdown with a boss at the end, traps, diversified encounters, hard to get "secret" areas with bonus chests - (trial by fury in demonweb had this neat aspect to it), secret jump spots that give you shortcuts, hugely involved scenery and detailed artwork etc...

Now, if these quests are like house of rusted blades or impossible demands - then turbine, you guys are lazy and incompetent money grabbers.

* : Alright, for the thousandth time, can we please get some truly epic loot with this expansion? I don't know how else to beg you guys to reassign your loot designer to some other job, and get genasi or someone else thats competent back on the loot designing job.

Theres no raid, so the possibility of uber raid loot is ZERO. These quests are all we got - make them count
    Cetus Heroic Lives: #32/32 | Epic Completionist: #20/24 | Iconic Lives: #6/6
    Cetusz - Pure Sorcerer: Heroic Lives: #24/24 | Epic Lives: #6/12 | Iconic Lives: #1/3
    YouTube Channel HERE
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ykt View Post
    10 quests in an expansion where the level cap gets raised 3 levels.

From lvl 24 to 25 = 900k XP, we can assume +150k XP per level following the same pattern as 21-25.
    So 1050k XP from 25 to 26 + 1.3m XP to 27 + 1.45m XP to 28 = 3.8million XP total to get from lvl 25 to 28.

10 quests.

10 quests?!
    Coming to the store in August: Epic Stone of Leveling. Instantly level from 25 to 28! Limited time offer!* Buy now!

* will not be available again for at least 3 days

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    Don't insult the spider monkeys they know better than to pull something like this.
    Yes, please stop the monkey hate. At this point, no self respecting monkey would still be working at Turbine.

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    I hope so because after seeing the alpha of them on lam I hope they never release it to live.
    Well if they ever did release the enhancement pass in its current form, all the reasonable indignation over a lack of a raid in the expansion would be moot. The standard raid group would be 10 toons standing around asking "Where are mah hjeals?", because most divine casters would be converted into bank toons rather than put up with being pigeon holed as healbots.

Quote Originally Posted by Cetus View Post
    Alright, for the thousandth time, can we please get some truly epic loot with this expansion? I don't know how else to beg you guys to reassign your loot designer to some other job, and get genasi or someone else thats competent back on the loot designing job.
    Epic loot for the new expansion: A matching beret and scarf set, granting +20 to hubris.

I was thinking more like an epic codpiece.

Quote Originally Posted by GermanicusMaximus View Post
    Epic loot for the new expansion: A matching beret and scarf set, granting +20 to hubris.
    /win

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by GermanicusMaximus View Post
    Coming to the store in August: Epic Stone of Leveling. Instantly level from 25 to 28! Limited time offer!* Buy now!

* will not be available again for at least 3 days.
    Assuming it also generated a matching amount of ED XP that you could assign to whichever open EDs you wanted.... the Otto's boxes would look like a loss leader for them. They could charge $50 just for the stone with no add ins lol

Quote Originally Posted by Citzen_Gkar View Post
    Assuming it also generated a matching amount of ED XP that you could assign to whichever open EDs you wanted.... the Otto's boxes would look like a loss leader for them. They could charge $50 just for the stone with no add ins lol
    It amazes me how much fools will pay to NOT play a game they allegedly love.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    It amazes me how much fools will pay to NOT play a game they allegedly love.
    It might be paying to get past a portion of the thins amount of content/XP in the game.

From level 12 to 20, only level 17 and 19 have more than 11 quests. From level 2 to 11, there are 16 to 23 quests per level.

Additionally, many of the upper heroic quests have artificially low XP to extend the end game when 20 was the cap. The Devs have refused to readjust the XP in this area to speed up the process of advancing into the new end game.

So, yeah, alot of people are willing to skip over or greatly reduce the grind of the current thin middle spot of leveling up. Especially if they prefer playing the new end game and/or the focus of new content over old content.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Postumus View Post
    You raise a good point: no F2P/premiums should be complaining about the cost of the expansion, or if it is a legitimate 'expansion,' since they'd have to pay for the content if it was two separate updates anyway.
    Depends on what the price point ends up being once it hits the store. If it's half what MotD is, it will be about right. But I get the feeling they are going to try to get the same 2500 TPs for 1250ish worth of content (going by what other packs go for -GH is 10 quests, 2 raids and one wilderness for ~1k TP, for example).

Community Member

When you compare the Shadowfell xpack at 30$ to Gianthold at 950TP, I have to admit it's discouraging... I don't know what to do, I guess I'll probably buy but it seems expensive.

Default Odd One Out?

Spot the Difference

Hidden amongst the Adventure Packs above is an Expansion Pack. Can you spot which one?
    ͡ᵢᵥ
    ֖ ֥ You have angered many opponents, and your enemies have been alerted to the presence of your trolling.
     ͜‴

Default Why, the one you have to pay for natch

The answer was Well done to all of you who guessed correctly.
    ͡ᵢᵥ
    ֖ ֥ You have angered many opponents, and your enemies have been alerted to the presence of your trolling.
     ͜‴

Quote Originally Posted by Rhomnibus View Post
    The answer was Well done to all of you who guessed correctly.
    Lol! +1

The thing that REALLY sold me on the MOTU pack was:

Tomes of learning on EVERY CHARACTER made on EVERY SERVER FOREVER...
    This pack they are giving ONE epic xp tome per server.

Even with the less-than-stellar content, I would have probably bought the new expansion for Tomes of epic learning on every character made on every server forever. But the Turbine folk decided not to go this route, so *snap* goes the wallet closing.
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Quote Originally Posted by danotmano1998 View Post
    The thing that REALLY sold me on the MOTU pack was:

Tomes of learning on EVERY CHARACTER made on EVERY SERVER FOREVER...
    This pack they are giving ONE epic xp tome per server.

Even with the less-than-stellar content, I would have probably bought the new expansion for Tomes of epic learning on every character made on every server forever. But the Turbine folk decided not to go this route, so *snap* goes the wallet closing.
    The legendary upgrade, however, does give you one epic lesser exp tome for all of your characters. They are offering roughly the same deal in that regard (since the collector's edition + legendary upgrade is only 10% more expensive then last year's collector's edition). You also get a set of skill tomes for all characters.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisdinus7 View Post
    The legendary upgrade, however, does give you one epic lesser exp tome for all of your characters. They are offering roughly the same deal in that regard (since the collector's edition + legendary upgrade is only 10% more expensive then last year's collector's edition). You also get a set of skill tomes for all characters.
    Thanks, I will have to go back and re-read the fine print then.
    When I read it, it appeared to say one lesser epic xp tome per server.

*EDIT*
    Ah yes, it DOES say per character.. Thanks for pointing that out to me.
    So $70 bucks-ish...

Darnit! Now I'm having a hard time ignoring this pack. Who doesn't want to level up 10% faster? Especially when theres 3 million xp to get to level 25... And it'll be lots more to get to 28.. Which the only compelling reason to cap your character IMO is so that you can do quests with no repeat penalties.
    Last edited by danotmano1998; 05-31-2013 at 11:59 AM.
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Community Member

It depends which package. The upgrade package is 1 per character, the standard package is 1 per server (according to marketing).

*EDIT*
    Ah yes, it DOES say per character.. Thanks for pointing that out to me.
    So $70 bucks-ish...

Darnit! Now I'm having a hard time ignoring this pack. Who doesn't want to level up 10% faster? Especially when theres 3 million xp to get to level 25... And it'll be lots more to get to 28.. Which the only compelling reason to cap your character IMO is so that you can do quests with no repeat penalties.
    Me. I don't. The leveling process from 20 to 25 is fast - one trip through the flagging quests for CITW and FOT is more than enough.

However, xp farming for destinies - yup, 10% would be nice.

To Thread: I'm VIP. I won't be buying this "expansion" with money - that would be ridiculous for what it offers.
    Last edited by Singular; 06-09-2013 at 01:03 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brendael View Post
    I wouldn't mind pre-ordering but I'm more interested in quests than cosmetic fluff, tomes and hirelings. I'd be more likely to give you guys some money if I had more of an idea of what I was paying for.

So what can we expect to get in the two adventure packs?
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Shadowfell_Conspiracy

wiki said

Community Member

I totally agree with the orginal post on this thread. I dont care about the fluff as much as the explorer areas and the adventures themselves. I would love a dev response here too. Also, along with how many adventures and etc, what levels are they? Can they be replayed on epic difficulty? I am getting a hunch that these new quests are in the heroic levels like 16-19ish kinda and if that is the case I want them to have epic difficulty. The pre-quests dont have an epic difficulty so I am kinda skeptical. The level cap is being increased to 28 so there ought to be some high level stuff in this new X-Pack right? And no raid? Seriously? Can't decide if I am going to pre-order or not.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Quote Originally Posted by Dawesome1 View Post
    I totally agree with the orginal post on this thread. I dont care about the fluff as much as the explorer areas and the adventures themselves. I would love a dev response here too. Also, along with how many adventures and etc, what levels are they? Can they be replayed on epic difficulty? I am getting a hunch that these new quests are in the heroic levels like 16-19ish kinda and if that is the case I want them to have epic difficulty. The pre-quests dont have an epic difficulty so I am kinda skeptical. The level cap is being increased to 28 so there ought to be some high level stuff in this new X-Pack right? And no raid? Seriously? Can't decide if I am going to pre-order or not.
    From the Shadwofell FAQ http://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread...Conspiracy-FAQ

How many quests are planned to be in the Shadowfell Conspiracy?

Shadowfell Conspiracy will include 10 Quests and 2 Wilderness Areas in addition to the 1 prelude quest currently available with pre-purchase. The quests will have both Heroic and Epic versions (except for the prelude quest, which will have a Heroic version.)
    Most people decided if they will pre-order a while back. Release date is in 7 weeks time.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast