Community Member

Default Maximum Reflex Save

Just out of pure curiosity - what is the maximum reflex save currently possible in the game ?

whatever it is i would say its max dex pally with kick A** charisma and has resiliance with the option of gm of water aka only possible after the enhancment pass
    Demons run when a good man goes to war

Community Member

Doesn't seem like a practical question, but we could work on some theoretical #s....

Figure drow (cha and dex bonuses) 2 paladin (cha bonus), 2 monk (base saves), 16 rogue (base saves and dex enh).

So we start with 15 base reflex and 20 each in dex and cha.
    Figure +5 tomes, +8 items, +3 insightful items, + 1 exceptional items, +2 ship, +2 yugo, +2 enhancement, +2 completionist, +2 inspire excellence, +3 level up for both stats gives us gets us to 50 in each (+20 x 2 = +40).
    Wear any 'ol armor from madness chain with +10 reflex slotted, and put alchemical +1 on it, +2 luck, add in haste and GH for +18.
    For EDs go GmoF Perfection of Soul (+6, tier 5) and 6 tiers of dex (+3) with twists for Lithe (+6), Draconic Perception (+6), and Unearthly Reactions (+6) for a total ED boost of +27

So that adds up to 100 (and no fail on 1). Did I miss anything?

** Edit - change to monk 12 rogue 6 in water stance (+4 saves), and I forgot +2 drow enhancement to dex - gets us to 105! **
    Last edited by Inoukchuk; 05-22-2013 at 11:40 AM.

Community Member

It's a longshot but after the enhancement pass you can get the Defensive Roll with - Activates if you are below 50% hp and reduce the incoming melee damage to 20% (-80%).

- So in practice 100 reflex save (as I can see - possible to achieve) will reduce the incoming melee damage by 80%, the magic damage by ... 100% ? (I mean what the heck can dish a DC above 100)
    - Not to mention you'll have some decent AC from being a Monk with high DEX (as far as I can see) -> This means some more melee mitigation
    - You'll have nice Dodge (3% from dodge feat, 6% from 6 monk levels, 4% from the rogue levels, 5% if you use defensive strikes*, 6% from the enhancements so that's 21% without items)
    - 50 PRR (again if you use defensive strikes).
    - Being a rogue gives you the option to use DEX to hit and damage with staves or alternatively 6 monk gives DEX to hit and damage for slashing weapons you are centered with.

Just seemed like a nice tank idea (heck let's put the AC at 25% miss chance, thats 80% from defensive roll + 25% AC miss chance + 21% dodge + 27% PRR reduction = 91+% melee mitigation) with some decent damage (from all that DEX to damage). That is - as long as you are below 50% which wont be hard to achieve.

With all them clickies (the rogues have one which is Cleave + Trip in one) you can skip the Cleave + Great Cleave + THF (you'll lack the STR for them anyway) and just use the feats for Toughness and Saves (Toughness because of the lack of CON and the Saves are already self-explanatory)

Another option is to go the TWF path but the Defensive Strikes (which IMO SHOULD be used 50 PRR + 5% dodge + 75% hate gen -40% offhand strike) will reduce your DPS by what .. 20%?

*You can't use both DS and a monk stance as far as I am aware so you have to chose between 3 saves (not sure about the number) or 50 PRR and 5% dodge

================================================== ============

Anyway the idea was if such a tank was possible, so all I needed to know was if 100 reflex safe is reachable.
    Last edited by Hajutze; 05-22-2013 at 01:06 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hajutze View Post
    It's a longshot but after the enhancement pass you can get the Defensive Roll with - Activates if you are below 50% hp and reduce the incoming melee damage to 20% (-80%).

- So in practice 100 reflex save (as I can see - possible to achieve) will reduce the incoming melee damage by 80%, the magic damage by ... 100% ? (I mean what the heck can dish a DC above 100)
    - Not to mention you'll have some decent AC from being a Monk with high DEX (as far as I can see) -> This means some more melee mitigation
    - You'll have nice Dodge (3% from dodge feat, 6% from 6 monk levels, 4% from the rogue levels, 5% if you use defensive strikes*, 6% from the enhancements so that's 21% without items)
    - 50 PRR (again if you use defensive strikes).
    - Being a rogue gives you the option to use DEX to hit and damage with staves or alternatively 6 monk gives DEX to hit and damage for slashing weapons you are centered with.

Just seemed like a nice tank idea (heck let's put the AC at 25% miss chance, thats 80% from defensive roll + 25% AC miss chance + 21% dodge + 27% PRR reduction = 91+% melee mitigation) with some decent damage (from all that DEX to damage). That is - as long as you are below 50% which wont be hard to achieve.

With all them clickies (the rogues have one which is Cleave + Trip in one) you can skip the Cleave + Great Cleave + THF (you'll lack the STR for them anyway) and just use the feats for Toughness and Saves (Toughness because of the lack of CON and the Saves are already self-explanatory)

Another option is to go the TWF path but the Defensive Strikes (which IMO SHOULD be used 50 PRR + 5% dodge + 75% hate gen -40% offhand strike) will reduce your DPS by what .. 20%?

*You can't use both DS and a monk stance as far as I am aware so you have to chose between 3 saves (not sure about the number) or 50 PRR and 5% dodge

================================================== ============

Anyway the idea was if such a tank was possible, so all I needed to know was if 100 reflex safe is reachable.
    Well.... the #'s I gave were theoretical, in practice they would involve heavy sacrifices (especially in EDs where we dedicated everything to reflex). Realistically you probably don't have +5 tomes, likely won't use yugo pots all the time, may not have a bard in group, aren't a completionist, won't use madness chain armor, etc. A more realistic # would be probably be 80.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Inoukchuk View Post
    Well.... the #'s I gave were theoretical, in practice they would involve heavy sacrifices (especially in EDs where we dedicated everything to reflex). Realistically you probably don't have +5 tomes, likely won't use yugo pots all the time, may not have a bard in group, aren't a completionist, won't use madness chain armor, etc. A more realistic # would be probably be 80.
    4 monk, 6 paladin, 10 rogue
    Base - 4 + 2 + 7 = 13
    CHA = 20
    DEX = 20
    Items = 8
    Insightful items = 3
    Exceptional = 1
    ship = 2
    GH = 5
    luck = 2
    alchemical = 1
    ====================
    total = 75

Enhancements - monk 3 + Rogue 3 = 6
    Feats - resilience 4 + 2 + 1 = 7
    Paladin Aura = 4
    Paladin Stance = 3
    ====================
    total = 95

Even 80 reflex is good enough (using my last post calculations) 25% + 80%*80% + 27% + 21% = 84.4% melee mitigation - IMHO still quite good. (every +1 in reflex after that adds 0.35% mitigation until 100 reflex)

The actual problem is pulling that off on a first life character xD (I can substitute the Drow for a 32pt Halfling, they get +1 saves so this will fix the -2 CHA problem)

Thank god I am a patient man xD
    Last edited by Hajutze; 05-24-2013 at 10:15 AM.

Community Member

Base - 4 + 2 + 7 = 13
    CHA = 20
    DEX = 20
    Items = 8
    Insightful items = 3
    Exceptional = 1
    ship = 2
    GH = 5
    luck = 2
    alchemical = 1
    ====================
    total = 75

Paladin Aura = 4
    Paladin Stance = 3
    ====================
    total = 95

Even 80 reflex is good enough (using my last post calculations) 25% + 80%*80% + 27% + 21% = 84.4% melee mitigation - IMHO still quite good. (every +1 in reflex after that adds 0.35% mitigation until 100 reflex)

The actual problem is pulling that off on a first life character xD (I can substitute the Drow for a 32pt Halfling, they get +1 saves so this will fix the -2 CHA problem)

I'm a touch confused by these #s...

Resilience 7? I get the +4 from resilience feat, where does the +2 and +1 come from?
    GH is only 4
    Enhancements - rogue 3? what from? Monk I assume is from water stance, but rogue I'm not aware of anything granting a save bonus except trap sense (which is obviously only against traps).
    Paladin Aura = 4... I assume this is from Paladin Resistance of Good III, which requires Paladin level 11?
    Paladin Stance = 3? I assume that's from DoS II, which requires paladin level 18.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Inoukchuk View Post
    I'm a touch confused by these #s...

Resilience 7? I get the +4 from resilience feat, where does the +2 and +1 come from?
    GH is only 4
    Enhancements - rogue 3? what from? Monk I assume is from water stance, but rogue I'm not aware of anything granting a save bonus except trap sense (which is obviously only against traps).
    Paladin Aura = 4... I assume this is from Paladin Resistance of Good III, which requires Paladin level 11?
    Paladin Stance = 3? I assume that's from DoS II, which requires paladin level 18.
    Pasted this stuff from my notepad, I forgot to mention that I'm combining calculations from the current game + the current state of the enhancements pass
    so the rogue +3 is +3 reflex from the rogue enhancements
    Feats - 7 was meant to represent the 4 from resilience + the 3 from the other 2 feats (was too lazy to search the names, there is one for +2 and one for +1 to all saves)
    The GH is mistake on my part .. again
    The paladin aura is again from the enhancements pass (it goes up to 4 saves and requires a level of 3 I think)
    The stance is pretty much what you assume but under the new system it requires only 6 levels of paladin.

Base - 4 + 2 + 7 = 13
    CHA = 20
    DEX = 20
    Items = 8
    Insightful items = 3
    Exceptional = 1
    ship = 2
    GH = 5
    luck = 2
    alchemical = 1
    ====================
    total = 75

Paladin Aura = 4
    Paladin Stance = 3
    ====================
    total = 95

Not sure how you counted the bonuses. I would expect this:

Dex = 20 + 4 tome + 2 rogue enh. + 6 level + 8 item + 3 insight + 1 exc. + 2 race enh. + 2 ship + 4 tenser = 52 (+21)
    Cha = 20 + 4 tome + 2 paladin enh. + 8 item + 3 insight + 1 exc. + 2 ship = 40 (+15)
    Ref = 15 base (2 epic levels) + 21 dex + 15 cha + 7 feats + 3 rogue enh. + 4 aura + 3 stance + 4 gh + 2 luck + 4 sup. parrying + 2 bulwark of defense (epic feat) + 4 water stance = 84, +6 lithe twist + 6 unearthly reactions twist + 6 GMoF = 102.

Edit: I think you need a shield to benefit from stance atm, which would exclude water stance.
    Last edited by Feithlin; 06-03-2013 at 03:41 PM.
    Thelanis: Nassim* (F12/P6/M2) - Talienor** (P18/Ra2) - Feithlin** (F12/Bd7/C1) - Stoneoak* (F12/M6/P2) - Hokusai (M17/F2/C1) - Ardence* (Bd15/F3/Ro2) - Matsushiro* (Ro11/M6/P3) | Argonessen: Luneargent (W18/Ro2) - Talienor (Ro20) - Takshir (Bd16/F2/Ro2) - Hiacynthe (C20) | Ghallanda: A bunch of pre DDO Unlimited characters (field of testing for post U19 )

Quote Originally Posted by Feithlin View Post
    Edit: I think you need a shield to benefit from stance atm, which would exclude water stance.
    Can't edit my post. By atm, I mean in the present form of enhancement pass.
    Thelanis: Nassim* (F12/P6/M2) - Talienor** (P18/Ra2) - Feithlin** (F12/Bd7/C1) - Stoneoak* (F12/M6/P2) - Hokusai (M17/F2/C1) - Ardence* (Bd15/F3/Ro2) - Matsushiro* (Ro11/M6/P3) | Argonessen: Luneargent (W18/Ro2) - Talienor (Ro20) - Takshir (Bd16/F2/Ro2) - Hiacynthe (C20) | Ghallanda: A bunch of pre DDO Unlimited characters (field of testing for post U19 )

I forgot the resistance item! So that would bring the total to 117 with madness armor.

I forgot the resistance item! So that would bring the total to 117 with madness armor.
    112... stupid forum...

Community Member

112... stupid forum...
    Madness armor does not stack with resistance (but +10 > +7). I've heard that the madness will bonus stacks (haven't tested, and probably not WAI), but dex does not.