Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default New named augment: Gift of the Master (Upgrade of the Voice + Mantle)

- A new named Augment called the Gift of the Master can now be created at the Altar of Epic Rituals near The Twelve by combining the Voice of the Master, Mantle of the Worldshaper, and five Greater Tokens of the Twelve. This item can be placed into any Colorless Augment Slot and provides a +5% Enhancement Bonus to all earned Experience Points. Using this augment on an item will permanently make the item Bound to Character.

For those who haven't seen it yet. It's pretty cool imho. What's its ML thou?
    Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    I don't think you get a choice.. you are Rys's minion..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZTBt7oar9w

Is this the epic voice of the master that we were promised?
    kruemeli of Orien - Leader of the "Merry" Hobbits https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...20#post5002220
    It is okay to be "merry": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjOOKb-DFZs
    I just Keep quiet and think.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYP8M06A8W0

Quote Originally Posted by AlmGhandi View Post
    Pretty much yes.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmGhandi View Post
    Doubtful.

Looks like you can take the 5% and put it on any item, freeing up your trinket slot. Then use a jeweler's to get it back out and move it to another slot when you outgrow the old item.

I'm betting ML 5, since that's what the voice/mantle are.
    Archangels
    Pwesiela - Completionist Arcane Archer; Pia - Silver Flame Assassin; Aes - of the Blue Ajah; Insene - Deathpriest; Enaila - Aiel Bodyguard; Uduk - Dwarven Meatwall; Vitalien -Warder
    Quote Originally Posted by Victorie View Post
    Pwesiela is correct.

Community Member The_Great_Neil's Avatar

Default augment

You'll bend to my will - With or without your precious sanity.

Nice.

Community Member Ironclans_evil_twin's Avatar

Meh, I'm throwing away 5 charges of absorption so I don't have to remember to put my "voices on" when 99% of the time in good groups someone says "voices" and I'm already in the habit anyway even if they didn't?

That's a pretty expensive opportunity cost for laziness IMO... Now if the augment also gave you those 5 charges.

Maybe I'm the only one but when I'm running stuff with heavy neg leveling mobs I really enjoy having a Silver flame Talisman, Mantle and a Jeweled cloak. Even if just to swap in once the other gets used up.
    Last edited by Ironclans_evil_twin; 05-22-2013 at 04:28 PM.

Community Member Ironclans_evil_twin's Avatar

double post because of sh!t forum move along nothing to see here if the mods get tired of double posts maybe they'll fix this mess.

Earth and and full time at work: I move 400 lb stainless steel Refrigerators with ease!

Quote Originally Posted by The_Great_Neil View Post
    why is it titled enhancement? This word, simply titled, enhancement probably does not stack with what we already have. Why is it not Artifact?
    or for lack of a better word, god enhancement.

This is junk if it does not stack with everything, except the same thing on a different item of course does not stack.
    Last edited by zDragonz; 10-01-2013 at 07:51 PM.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by zDragonz View Post
    why is it titled enhancement? This word, simply titled, enhancement probably does not stack with what we already have. Why is it not Artifact?
    or for lack of a better word, god enhancement.

This is junk if it does not stack with everything, except the same thing on a different item of course does not stack.
    The only things this doesn't stack with (and is not supposed to) is the voice of the master item, mantle of worldshaper, and the pale green ioun stone. It's meant to give you more flexibility with where you slot your bonus not give you even more of a bonus then you could get before.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    - A new named Augment called the Gift of the Master can now be created at the Altar of Epic Rituals near The Twelve by combining the Voice of the Master, Mantle of the Worldshaper, and five Greater Tokens of the Twelve. This item can be placed into any Colorless Augment Slot and provides a +5% Enhancement Bonus to all earned Experience Points. Using this augment on an item will permanently make the item Bound to Character.

For those who haven't seen it yet. It's pretty cool imho. What's its ML thou?
    I wouldn't call this the Epic Voice of the Master...
    There is nothing epic about this.

I see it as a meh option for a TR to reslot the Voice onto another piece of gear for levelling.

I don't see it as being worthy of using 5 greater tokens for no real benefit to perma slot 5%xp.

Should have been a higher min level augment with Luck, True seeing, regen and 5% XP all combined.
    Jotmon -
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200
    Argo-Jotmon(HC 28/42,EC 26/36,IC 17/15,RC 14/30), Jotlock(HC 38/42,EC 36/36,IC 15/15, RC 0/30)..
    and several once viable raiding alts dumped into the packmule stables..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Too bad I 'purchased' maximum character slots for my account, SSG has now chosen to cater the giveaway perks to benefit multiple freebie accounts instead of the paying customers.

I only have 5 toons that I run. They all have the epic rock boots slotted with the 5%, and they all have a voice and mantle for when they tr. Heroic content is so easy that I put the voice on and do not take it off till level 20.

To each their own, but no way would I spend on a jewel kit. I can’t be bothered to spend more time trying to slot something between lvls 1-5.
    Flabby-Flaber-Flabo--Heifer-Oinks

LEGION